Ask Admin

Funklebits

Re: Stop Pop up

Post by Funklebits »

Admin wrote:
Funklebits wrote:Ya Ali Madad,

Sorry to trouble everyone, but can someone please tell me how to stop the pop up "Today in History" from popping up every time I open a new link. Thank you in advance.
If you loggin with your account, the pop up will stop popping.

Also you can block pop up in the settings of your browser (If you are using Firefox browser, go to Option, Privacy & Security, Block pop-up windows

However we agree that pop up is not a very good idea and we are looking into the code to remove it as it was programmed a long time ago by a programmer who has left us.
Thank you for that and the instructions. And best of luck firguing out the code.
GUEST58

how many admins?

Post by GUEST58 »

how many of Admins are there?
I am aware of one who answers very Rudely.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several admin. If you find that overall the advantages are more than the inconvenience of visiting this forum, you are welcome to visit. There is no perfect world and no perfect perception. All the admins are volunteers who serve here taking time out of their personal life without asking for recognition since 1993.
TofiqueNoorani

Looking for accommodation

Post by TofiqueNoorani »

Hi Admin Team,

Yaa Ali Madad

This is Tofique Noorani from Toronto, moving to Montreal for work.
It would be a great help if someone can help me with some resources to find a place for accomodation. I have already tried the rental websites and most of them are for the month of December and January. My job starts on the 11th of November.

If anyone knows someone who was looking to rent out their room or wants a paying guest, please contact me at this number: 4377792923 or email: tofique.n93@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Tofique
Funklebits

Post by Funklebits »

Ya Ali Madad,

Sorry to trouble you Admin, but do you know anyone that manages or is an admin of the Heritage Library? I attempted to contact them and recieved the following message,

Recipient inbox full
Your message couldn't be delivered to heritage@ismaili.net. Their inbox is full, or it's getting too much mail right now.

The response from the remote server was:

550 Mailbox is full / Blocks limit exceeded / Inode limit exceeded

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Respectfully~
Funk
Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for letting us know. Yest there has been massive emails sent to our address. We are taking care of this and the server will be cleaned in 24 hours. You will be able to send emails to us after that.

Admin
Funklebits

Post by Funklebits »

Admin wrote:Thanks for letting us know. Yest there has been massive emails sent to our address. We are taking care of this and the server will be cleaned in 24 hours. You will be able to send emails to us after that.

Admin
Admin = the best

Thank you for this.
Funklebits

Post by Funklebits »

Admin wrote:Thanks for letting us know. Yest there has been massive emails sent to our address. We are taking care of this and the server will be cleaned in 24 hours. You will be able to send emails to us after that.

Admin
On a side note I am in IT Seucirty and if you guys are having issues with SPAM and Phishing on that account I would be more than happy to help out as I can.

Respectfully~
Funk
Admin

Post by Admin »

Funklebits wrote:
On a side note I am in IT Seucirty and if you guys are having issues with SPAM and Phishing on that account I would be more than happy to help out as I can.

Respectfully~
Funk
Thanks, actually we are in the middle of moving servers, upgrading operating systems and all applications so few months (up to July 2020) of instability is expected but at the end there will be robust security, backup, cache server etc...

As of now, the mail works fine, I just tested after cleaning the junk.
Funklebits

Post by Funklebits »

Admin wrote:
Funklebits wrote:

Respectfully~
Funk
Thanks, actually we are in the middle of moving servers, upgrading operating systems and all applications so few months (up to July 2020) of instability is expected but at the end there will be robust security, backup, cache server etc...

As of now, the mail works fine, I just tested after cleaning the junk.
Brilliant and thank you very much for the update. Best of luck and please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the upgrades.

Respectfully~
Funk
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Dear Admin:
When you block IP of any member like me, you should indicate in red the name of member in your membership list so that all know that particular member is fired.
kmaherali

Re: Ask Admin

Post by kmaherali »

Admin

Why do some links not open especially the video links to youtube? This is happening after the change recently to new Forum standalone application.
swamidada

Re: Ask Admin

Post by swamidada »

When I clicked on New Heritage, the Home Page popped up every time, is there any problem, or are you upgrading the site?