Ali Allah

Discussion on doctrinal issues
haroon_adel

Post by haroon_adel »

znanwalla wrote:"..Brother shiraz. There's no doubt that one should not accept what is in the Qur'an..."

is this a typographical error? if so then kindly correct it....
You bet it is. Was typing fast. it should say:

There's no doubt that one should accept what is in the Qur'an

Thanks for correction. :-)
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

Here check again please....

Here this is what I had said....

"...Thus Darwin is merely trying to offer you a perspective based on his study of the marvels of this created order and these wondrous signs indicate and prove the existence of a Being possessed of some transcendent knowledge and supreme power save darwin is falling short of saying so..."

"...regardless I do not see any conflict between science discoveries and faith but the power of prayer transcends the power of science, if I may say so...."

and then I am asking you...

Do you see any conflict? if so then please let me know as to me Intellect and faith are not in conflict

Now all this is based on :

Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution
Brief Summary

Darwin's theory of evolution is based on five key observations and inferences drawn from them

These observations have been amply demonstrated in biology, and even fossils demonstrate the veracity of these observations.

To summarise Darwin's Theory of Evolution;

1. Variation: There is Variation in Every Population.
2. Competition: Organisms Compete for limited resources.
3. Offspring: Organisms produce more Offspring than can survive.
4. Genetics: Organisms pass Genetic traits on to their offspring.
5. Natural Selection: Those organisms with the Most Beneficial Traits are more likely to Survive and Reproduce.

Now this is what you are alleging..."By weighing your arguments/reasonings you clearly support, if not approve, darwin's theory, that all human race are from chimpanzee (You stated loud and clear).

I am not in any position and frankly I think nobody is to prove or disprove any theories as only Allah knows best and to say Allah knows best is an expression if Iman !

My question wasn't unjust....all you had to say then was that you disagree with Darwin's positioning on "the chimpanzee affair"...you did not do so but chose to call me a ........ now that wasn't a nice thing to do huh? Unfair and unislamic !
haroon_adel

Post by haroon_adel »

znanwalla wrote:Here check again please....

Here this is what I had said....

"...Thus Darwin is merely trying to offer you a perspective based on his study of the marvels of this created order and these wondrous signs indicate and prove the existence of a Being possessed of some transcendent knowledge and supreme power save darwin is falling short of saying so..."

"...regardless I do not see any conflict between science discoveries and faith but the power of prayer transcends the power of science, if I may say so...."

and then I am asking you...

Do you see any conflict? if so then please let me know as to me Intellect and faith are not in conflict

Now all this is based on :

Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution
Brief Summary

Darwin's theory of evolution is based on five key observations and inferences drawn from them

These observations have been amply demonstrated in biology, and even fossils demonstrate the veracity of these observations.

To summarise Darwin's Theory of Evolution;

1. Variation: There is Variation in Every Population.
2. Competition: Organisms Compete for limited resources.
3. Offspring: Organisms produce more Offspring than can survive.
4. Genetics: Organisms pass Genetic traits on to their offspring.
5. Natural Selection: Those organisms with the Most Beneficial Traits are more likely to Survive and Reproduce.

Now this is what you are alleging..."By weighing your arguments/reasonings you clearly support, if not approve, darwin's theory, that all human race are from chimpanzee (You stated loud and clear).

I am not in any position and frankly I think nobody is to prove or disprove any theories as only Allah knows best and to say Allah knows best is an expression if Iman !

My question wasn't unjust....all you had to say then was that you disagree with Darwin's positioning on "the chimpanzee affair"...you did not do so but chose to call me a ........ now that wasn't a nice thing to do huh? Unfair and unislamic !
You failed to mention the one that I was talking all about. Here I am posting it for you.

znanwalla wrote: Can you please prove to me that existence of God is also not a "theory"? how does one prove that one's father is indeed the real father ? or is that too a theory? so kindly provide evidence ( a) that God really exists and (b) your own father is the real one and not an imposter or a substitute? theories and surmises are not enough...I need evidence
I mean, if you are so confused about your father, then you don't need to ask others to just to remedy your concerns. No one needs any proof/evidence to proove that his/her father is his/her real father, unless like I said in my earlier post that her/his mother is a W, and don't remember which one actually is the one. So, this question of yours indeed deserves that kind of a tone.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

YAM,

Concept of Ali Allah in Persian Qasida.

AYE MURGE KHUSH ILHAN, BIKHAN, ALLAH MOWLANA ALI
TASBIHE KHUD KUN, BAR ZABAAN, ALLAH MOWLANA ALI
KHAHIKE YABI, ZU NISHAN, JAAN DAR RAHEU, BAR FISHAN KU
JAAN DEH ASAT, WA JAAN SITAN, ALLAH MOWLANA ALI.

O Beautiful bird (MUMIN), Say Mowla
Murtaza Ali is KHUDAWIND –E-HAQ

O MUMIN, Say by your lips and by your
Heart Mowla Murtaza Ali is the
KHUDAWIND-E-HAQ

O MUMIN, if you have desire to know
His mystery, sacrifice your absolute
Life on his divine path.

O MUMIN, Because Mowla Murtaza Ali
Is the giver of life, he bestows as well as takes
Life when he wishes.

O MUMIN, Say by your lips and heart Mowla
Murtaza Ali is the KHUDAWIND-E-HAQ.

O MOMIN, Say Holy Salwat: ALLAH HUMA SALI ALLAH
MUHAMMADAN WA AALE MUHAMMAD.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Das Avtaar Mowlaa Murtazaa Ali Jo Se Pir Sadardin Bhaankheaa Se Sanpurann huaa;
Haq Ash-hado An Laa Ilaaha Ilallaah,
Ash-hado Anaa Muhammad Rasulu-llah,
Ash-hado Anaa Amirul Momineen Ali Sahi Allaah;

Thus ends the (ginan of) TenManifestation of Mowla Murtaza Ali which Pir Sadardin uttered.

Followed by our Kalimah Pak.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ismaili103 wrote:YAM,

Nice Qasida, thanks for sharing. Would you know the author?
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

kmaherali wrote:
ismaili103 wrote:YAM,

Nice Qasida, thanks for sharing. Would you know the author?
I try to find out name of the author but I cant found it. I got this Qasida in Book Noor en Allah Noor. :)
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali madad:
Excellent n blessed research from Ismaili103.

I wished that Tret would have contributed the qasidas/manqabats with the translations as I had repeatedly asked for it from him.
He never did since from becoming a blogger as that would have exposed his conviction and closed his shabby shop of heavy debate of unwarranted no sense in many doctrines.
we have few members trying to impress with different standards.
jumping from farmans to speech then to interviews n leaders paper to hold on to their level of faith.

I write Ali+Lah+Allah.
that means sirf Ali aur kuch nahi.It means Only ALI and nothing else.
even a small age student know that 1+0=1 and not zero.
lah is zero value in the name, so the core name is truth n ultimate.
ALI is much higher n beyond the brand n time pass name/word Allah.

To admin: One member mazhar from his postings is trying to secure
real names n address of the members in which no member should fall into unless needed.
His intent is well known to everybody on the forum.
If ismaili103 out of good spirit gave his real name to agakhani,then agakhani must not disclose other member name given privately and not publicly.
A innocent act with this site being monitored by devils n their moles can
do harm also.

EK HANUMAN KI DHUM NE RAVAN KI

LANKA TO KHAAK KAR DALA.
karimqazi

Post by karimqazi »

you are not mashing hak tu pak tu ya ali tohe tu rub to rahamn tu ya ali tohe tu
shivatrivedi

Post by shivatrivedi »

karimqazi wrote:you are not mashing hak tu pak tu ya ali tohe tu rub to rahamn tu ya ali tohe tu

Sermon 151 - Certainly the Imáms are the vicegerents of Alláh over His creatures and they make the creatures know Alláh. No one will enter Paradise except he who knows them and knows Him, and no one will enter Hell except he who denies them and denies Him.

Sermons of Mowla Ali - Nahjul Balagah
Admin

Post by Admin »

“I have commanded you, so obey. I have bound a covenant upon you, so listen“

“Whoever follows the clear explanation of his Lord, (Farmans) and has had a Witness sent over him, and has heard what we have commanded, and rises up to implement it, then we shall turn our face and our hearts (Noor) towards him.

I am he who is manifested in Humanity, and hidden in Divinity. I am the Light of Certainty, and the qiblah of the Gnostics, and the salvation of the seekers.

Whoever knows me is saved.

You have heard from me gems of Divine Power, and you have been illuminated by the Lights of my Invincible Glory.

I have commanded you, so obey!

I have bound a covenant upon you, so listen!

Do not break our covenant, and do not be anything other than obedient to our command. For the Friend is most certainly Lord."

- Imam Muhtadi of Alamut (21st Imam, d. 1157)

Speech of Imam Mawlana al-Muhtadi, quoted in M. Ghalib "Tarikh ad-Daw'ah al-Ismai'liyyah" (Beirut: Dar al-Andalus, 1975) pp. 255-256, translated by Seth (Shaykh 'Abd al-Hakeem) Carney
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED

by Waheeda Kurji

The Imam as the Mazhar of Allah:

The present Imam of the Ismailies, Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni, at the Paris conference of Ismaili missionaries, defined the Imam as being the "Mazhar of Allah".

He also said that the relationship between God and the Imam was related to "varying levels of inspiration and communication from God to man."

Many of us have been taught and even heard from the Imam himself that he is "the bearer of the Allah's Light".

Here, we attempt to provide some sort of explanation regarding the divinity and humanity of the Imam without condemning or debunking anybody's individual interpretations.

It is important to note the meaning and understanding of the word Mazhar.

It can be translated as "copy", "manifestation", or more specifically, "epiphany"

An example can be found within the Acts of Peter, one of the "unofficial" documents of Christianity.

In this narrative, St. Peter is addressing a group of old women and he asks the assembly to begin praying.

Suddenly, a great light fills the room, an invisible light that no man can describe.

It shines in the eyes of these women, and after they are each asked as to what they saw.

Some say they have seen an old man, others see a youth, and some have seen a child.

When Abraham received the Revelations from God, the Lord would appear to Abraham in human form accompanied by two others. Moses perceived the God in the form of a Burning Bush or as a Great Storm on Mount Sinai.

Each of these instances is a theophanic vision, a perception unique to the individual who perceives it.

Each person witnessed according to the capacity of their own soul. This is a classic example of a divine Epiphany (Mazhar).

The perception of such a vision takes place in a person's very soul it is an event of the soul.

It is in this context that the living Imam can be explained as the
epiphanic Form (Mazhar) of the Universal Intellect, which is also referred as the Light (Noor) of Allah or the Creative Act of Eternal Existentiation (Ibda).

The Light of Allah or the First Intellect is the primordial state of all created beings.

Each soul in the Universe contains the "spark" or "residue" of the Allah's Light.

The Light of Allah is the essence or the Self of all beings in existence (Surah al-Nur "Allah is the Light of the Heavens and the Earth").

The Imam, as the epiphanic Form mazhar of the Light of Allah, is a symbol of the Self.

We can then recall a statement attributed to the Holy Prophet and the Holy Imams "He who knows himself knows his Lord".

In this sense, the knowledge of the First Intellect or Tawhid is equivalent with "knowledge of Self".

The essence or Self can also be defined as the "Imam of one's own being" as termed by the Sufi Ibn Arabi.

Each of us has our own "Imam" within us this is the secret of every believer.

The quest of all mystics and Gnostics is to attain this "knowledge of Self" or "knowledge of one's own Imam" this is spiritual enlightenment.

Essentially, the Imamat is a spiritual and angelic reality within each man.

The easiest way toward knowledge of the Self is if that the Self appears to the seeker in the form of a personal figure or teacher. Many Sufis and Gnostics encounter a personal figure in their dreams or spiritual experiences.

This is their individual encounter with the "Imam of their own being".

In Ismailism, the Imam of the Time serves this function on the earthly plane.

He is the Self of each and every Ismaili adept and therefore each Ismaili has an individual spiritual bond with the Imam of the time. The partial intellect of every man is related to the Universal Intellect of the Imam:

The Imam of the Time is nothing but the outward appearance or the epiphanic Form (mazhar) of the "Imam of your own being" otherwise known as the Light of Allah or First Intellect.

The Imam, as a personal Savior, need not assume a nature that is alien or inferior to his own.

Rather, his mission is to awaken each soul to their primordial nature which is also his the status of pure Light.

For Ismailies, this means that following the Farmans of the Imam of the Time is obligatory for their salvation, because this will lead them towards knowledge of the Self or the Light.

In this context, we can recall a famous hadith of the Holy Prophet where he states: "He who does not recognize the Imam of his time dies the death of an unbeliever."

The hadith should not be taken offensively to imply religious exlusivism for the followers of the Imam.

Rather, the "Imam" should be defined as the Self, the Light of Allah, and the recognition of one's Self becomes necessary for the believer to attain salvation.

To each soul on whatever spiritual rank, the manifestation of the Imam appears on the next highest level.

Each adept perceives a One for One relation with the Imam. He appears to each soul relative to that soul's capacity for theophany.

The Imam is not of this world and he never actually comes into the world.

He has epiphanies to the world and each epiphany is different for each soul.

This is an explanation of the Imam's words "varying levels of inspiration and communication from God to man."

There can be no such definite explanation of who the Imam really is, because such a definition would differ among each and every person.

In the Ismaili community, there is indeed a great difference of opinon regarding the nature of the Ismaili Imam.

nobody's position can be considered right or wrong.

The truthfulness of someone's interpretation relies solely on his own experience of the Imam.

The late Imam, Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah explains this:

"I am everything to everybody...... If you consider me your
Spiritual Father, I am your Spiritual Father. If you consider me your Imam, I am your Imam. If you consider me only your friend, I am your friend and so on. It depends on your faith.

You, too, are a different person to different people: you are son to your parents, a father to your children, a brother to your siblings, etc.

But anybody who considers me God at a Shariati level is no better than a `Bhut Parast' (idol worshipper or an iconolater).

At the Marfati level, this question does not arise".

Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah,

Source: (My Glorious Fortnight with Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Dr. H. E. Nathoo, 1988)

The common misconception among Ismailies themselves is that of
defining the Imam as a Divine Incarnation.

The term Incarnation implies that the Godhead "becomes" human or changes His very Being to that of human flesh..

In this sense, the Godhead enters human history as a material "fact" and then becomes trapped within it.

This means that the person of the Divine Incarnation is fully God and fully man.

Such a belief is not accepted in any Islamic school of thought because it presupposes that "Divine nature" and "human nature" are definite concepts and it implies that the supreme Godhead can undergo a "metamorphosis" and actually "become" flesh.

Divine Incarnation is equivalent to defining God at a Shariati level..

The concepts of Universal Intellect, Universal Soul, and the
Archangelical Intelligences of Ismailian Gnosis have nothing in common with the Trinitarian beliefs of mainstream Christianity.

Mainstream Christianity affirms that the Son-Logos and the Holy Ghost are "consubstantial" and "co-eternal" with the Father and that all three Persons are part of the supreme Godhead or the Divine Essence.

According to the Ismailian Gnosis, neither the Universal Intellect, Universal Soul or any of the other Intelligences are considered to be "consubstantial", "coternal", or equal with the supreme Godhead ie: the Divine Essence which is transcendant and unknowable.

The Ismaili notion of the Imam as an epiphanic Form (mazhar) of the Light of Allah does not attribute any divinity to the human body of the Imam.

The Imam's humanity is merely a veil or a disguise..

This physical body is a disguise which dissimulates the spiritual Angels who have come down to earth for the salvation of men.

On the other hand, it is only through the disguise of humanity, the veil, whereby the Majesty and Beauty of the Divine Light can shine or manifest itself on the physical plane.

However, the humanity of the Imam is perfect and innocent, Adamic in the truest sense.

His corporal appearance may be human, but his spirituality is angelic in nature.

He himself is the perfect human being, meaning that although human, he has complete control over his carnal instincts.

His process of intellectual thought is free from all hinderances because he possesses pure Intellect, that of the Universal Intellect.

The souls of the Imams are distinct, but each soul is an exalted soul, completely pure and residing

on the highest level of the spiritual world the level of the First Intellect.

In this sense, the Imam is the First Intellect as it can "appear" in human form.

In the spiritual realm, all the Divine Attributes are manifest in the Universal Intellect; in the physical realm, the living Imam possessing these Divine Attributes as they are relative to humanity.

Imam Jafar Sadiq has said: "We are the beautiful Names of God and his supreme attributes."

This means that the Imams possess the supreme Name and the concretized and hypostatized Attributes in the physical world.

The Divine Beauty is not exterior to the human form, but it is extrinsic.

When Sufi orders and Ismailies take a human being as an object of adoration, it is the Majesty of the Divine Verb that shines through the perfect humanity which is their object of devotion.

Complete devotion to a spiritually elevated human being is by no means a form of idolatry, but rather, it is a means of approach unto the Divine.

The human body of the Imam may be the place of manifestation (mazhar) of the Light of Allah, but it should not be confused with the reality of the Light itself.

This is the candid mistake which earthly beings are prone to committing the assimilation of the dissimulation to what it dissimulates ie: confusing the veil the human body of the Imam with the object that is being veiled the Light of Allah.

The famous historian of Ismailism, Vladmir Ivanow, explains the concept of the Mazhar:

"The continuity of the mazhar, or manifestation, leads to a kind of Docetism; the Imam is not really a man, and he does not exclusively belong to this, the material world.

If we see him as a man, and even see one Imam after the other, it is the result of our imperfect way of perception; the squint-eyed one sees one object as two.

The Imams all are same, both with regard to substance, and also as to their importance; there are no smaller or greater Imams, all are one. He does not become in reality, a youth, an adult, an old man he is always the same, although we see a change.

The Imam of the time is in fact the same person who was present hundred years ago, or will be present as many years later."

The only reason we perceive the Imam as a human being like ourselves is because we are confined to the "appearances" of the material world.

A Quran verse which refers to the Holy Prophet can be extended to the Holy Imams:

Quran 7:97 "Thou seest them looking toward thee, but they see thee not."

All regard the same being, but do not actually "see" the same being.

In this sense, it is not necessary to deny the existence of the physical body, but rather to realize that there is a higher reality which is "behind" the physical one.

In the material world, from the esoteric perspective, all things are but appearances.

It is indeed correct to say that the death of one Imam and the
succession of the next Imam can be likened to the Divine Light changing its garments.

According to this concept, the Ismailies have no need to mourn for Imam Husayn's death at Kerbala because for Ismailies, the Imam is always present.

The Light of Allah/First Intellect is always apparent in the physical realm because it is something inherent to the Creation.

The Imam of the Time is the manifest Sign of God and serves as God's Self-Disclosure.

Mazhar in the context of Imamat does not mean "Copy", "Incarnation".

Mazhar means "Sign", "Proof", or "Epiphany".

Pls. look in the Quran where it says all over to seek the signs/ proofs of Allah.

2:185 "Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the QURAN, as a guide to mankind, also MANIFEST PROOFS for guidance and the FURQAN."

In the month of Ramadhan was revealed 1. the Quran - a guidance for mankind.

2. The Manifest Proofs also for guidance,

3. the Furqan a Criterion between Right and Wrong applies to Scripture and the Imam of the time.

24:46 - WE HAVE INDEED SENT DOWN MANIFEST SIGNS. And Allah guides whom He pleases to the right path.

Allah has indeed sent down His Ayats - Manifest Signs.

98:1 "Those who disbelieve among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters could not have left off (erring) till THE MANIFEST PROOF CAME UNTO TO THEM,"

98:2 "A MESSENGER FROM ALLAH, reading purified pages" The above shows the Prophet Muhammad himself was a "Sign of Allah". Why can the Holy Imam not be a Sign of Allah?

2:118 "Say those without knowledge: "Why speaketh not Allah unto us? or why cometh not unto us a Sign?"

So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike. We have indeed made clear the Signs unto any people who hold firmly to Faith (in their hearts)."

Those who truly believe and truly have faith will recognize the manifest proof - the Holy Imam of the Time.

2:207 "And of mankind is he (who would sell himself, seeking the pleasure of Allah; and Allah hath compassion on (His) bondmen."

2:208 "O ye who believe! Come, all of you, into submission; and follow not the footsteps of the devil. Lo! he is an open enemy for you."

2:209 "And if ye slide back after THE MANIFEST PROOFS have come unto you, then know that Allah is Mighty, Wise." Of all of mankind, it is only the Imam who is willing to sacrifice himself for Allah.

Sunni and Shia commentators are unanimous in the fact that verse 2:207 was revealed in context of Hazrat Ali.

If we look at verse 209, we are once again reminded to take heed of the manifest proofs of Allah which are the Ahl-ul Bayt and the Imams.

We cannot comprehend Allah at all.

However, we have been given manifest proofs (the Imam and Pir) so through them we can gain a better understanding of Allah.

Realizing these proofs is for our own good, those who do not are blind.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

by Waheeda Kurji

The Imam as the Mazhar of Allah:

The present Imam of the Ismailies, Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni, at the Paris conference of Ismaili missionaries, defined the Imam as being the "Mazhar of Allah".

He also said that the relationship between God and the Imam was related to "varying levels of inspiration and communication from God to man."

Many of us have been taught and even heard from the Imam himself that he is "the bearer of the Allah's Light".

It is in this context that the living Imam can be explained as the
epiphanic Form (Mazhar) of the Universal Intellect, which is also referred as the Light (Noor) of Allah or the Creative Act of Eternal Existentiation (Ibda).

The Light of Allah or the First Intellect is the primordial state of all created beings.
Each soul in the Universe contains the "spark" or "residue" of the Allah's Light. (Quote)

REPLY:
In the above article by Wahidah there is confusion.

Is Imam the epiphanic form (Mazhar) of the Universal Intellect or epiphany of Allah directly?

She wrote," Each soul in the universe contains spark or RESIDUE of Allah's light (NOOR)".
Residue means LEFT OVER. Noor is pure and Subhan. If there wasn't any residue or left over of Noor may be God has not created rest of the creation because he had already consumed all Noor in creation of First Intellect and Universal Soul!!
It is also against the concept of KUN FAYAKUN means Allah ordered KUN and creation came into being, therefore there is no question of residue of Noor.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote:REPLY:

Is Imam the epiphanic form (Mazhar) of the Universal Intellect or epiphany of Allah directly?
The Imam is the Mazhar of the Divine Essence (Niranjan Avtaar). Hence he is also the mazhar of Divine Intellect since the Divine Intellect is derived from the Essence. In our tariqah the mazhar of the Divine Intellect is the Pir. At present the Imam is the Pir as well since he has not delegated that function to any other person.
[quote="swamidada"
She wrote," Each soul in the universe contains spark or RESIDUE of Allah's light (NOOR)".
Residue means LEFT OVER. Noor is pure and Subhan. If there wasn't any residue or left over of Noor may be God has not created rest of the creation because he had already consumed all Noor in creation of First Intellect and Universal Soul!!
It is also against the concept of KUN FAYAKUN means Allah ordered KUN and creation came into being, therefore there is no question of residue of Noor.[/quote]She has said spark or residue. The spark indicates a facet/part of Allah
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote:REPLY:

The Imam is the Mazhar of the Divine Essence (Niranjan Avtaar). Hence he is also the mazhar of Divine Intellect since the Divine Intellect is derived from the Essence. In our tariqah the mazhar of the Divine Intellect is the Pir. At present the Imam is the Pir as well since he has not delegated that function to any other person.
[quote="swamidada"
It is also against the concept of KUN FAYAKUN means Allah ordered KUN and creation came into being, therefore there is no question of residue of Noor.
She has said spark or residue. The spark indicates a facet/part of Allah[/quote]

You keep taking U turns. Is Allah just Divine Essence and nothing else? What you mentioned is that Imam is Mazhar of Divine Essence as well as Divine Essence of Divine Intellect, so you are talking of Imam being Mazhar of two entities and putting Imam at 3rd position. Then you confused your self and readers as well that Mazhar of Divine Intellect is Pir and at present, Imam is Pir. My question to you; Piratan is merged with Imamat at time of MSMS then what was position of Imam before that. What about Imam before Shah Ali Shah? Was he Mazhar of Divine Intellect at that time also when he had appointed some other person as Pir.
For other part of my answer, do you relate spark with RESIDUE? Or you think that spark is of low grade residue?
Admin

Post by Admin »

All this has already been discussed previously. No repeat. allowed

Repeat = Delete.
Admin

La continuite de l'Imamat dans l'Ismailism

Post by Admin »

Here is a monograph in French on the Continuity of Imamate from various sources written in early 1980s'.

Interesting reading. On Imams before Hazrat Ali and during various era

http://www.ismaili.net/heritage/files/c ... b-1982.pdf

Sam786

Re: Ali Allah

Post by Sam786 »

If Allah as a concept in our mind understood to be the attributes and designations that we as Muslims apply to "the One who is above all", then yes Ali is Allah.

But if Allah is a symbol we us to point towards that which is beyond even the attributes that describe Him, than no Ali is not Allah.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I would say it is the opposite.

This is a very complexe concept which can not be simplified into "this is the truth" and "this is not the truth". However it can be simplified into "this is not the truth AND this is not not the truth" :lol: :-)
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Finally, the words of Imam ‘Ali himself make it clear that he embodies the spiritual reality of Jesus Christ (‘Isa al-Masih) – which is manifest today in Imam ‘Ali’s lineal descendant, Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni Aga Khan IV:

“O people! I am the Christ who disperses clouds, heals the blind, creates the birds, and cures the lepers, meaning ‘the second Christ’. I am he and he is I.” A man then asked him: “O Commander of the Faithful, is the Torah in Arabic or not?” He [‘Ali] said: “It is not in Arabic but its esoteric interpretation (ta’wil) is in Arabic. Verily, Christ is he who upholds the truth and he is the king of the world and the hereafter… Jesus son of Mary is I and I am he. He is the great Word of God (kalimat Allah). He is the witness and I am what is witnessed according to the mysteries.”

– Imam ‘Ali b. Abi Talib,
Ja‘far b. Mansur al-Yaman, Kitab al-Kashf, ed. Mustafa Ghalib (Beirut: Dar Andalus, 1984), 28