kmaherali

Re: ISMAILI ART AND MUSIC

Post by kmaherali »

"Arzoo" - Karim Gillani & Kashif Din

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUiR4EZIQ1M

Arzoo
I Seek

"Arzoo" is a mystical song soulfully penned by Nasir Shamsi from Multan, Pakistan. The poet expresses the highest stages of Ishq (Divine Love) where the lover seeks to be one with his beloved. This stage can also be expressed as Fana Fillah - Annihilation in Allah. This is the final stage on the Journey of Return to Allah. The being of the lover is annihilated and absorbed into the Being of the Beloved.

This heartfelt song is composed and produced by Dr. Karim Gillani, music is arranged by Kashif Din and the Sufi dance is performed by Vaishnavi Thapliyal at the iconic Humayun’s tomb in Delhi, India. Artists from three countries Canada, India and Pakistan have come together for this unique collaboration. It is very rare to witness the sublime connection of highest form of mystical poetry into soul-stirring composition and delivery. Please dive deep into the lyrics and search your own journey of the soul.

Nasir Shamsi is among the finest Ismaili Urdu poets and recently published a collection of his poems in a book titled “Manzil-e-Ishq” (Destiny of Love). Nasir's poems thematically range from philosophical Sufi ideas to expressions of love and devotion.

Enjoy Nasir's powerful poetry elegantly delivered in an original song composition "Arzoo"!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

"Allah Ka Sub Zikr Karo" - Shabnam Merali

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vm9NxEgHQ

Shabnam Merali sings "Allah Ka Sub Zikr Karo" a devotional song with lyrics written by Alwaez Z Jessani.

The music is composed by Mehboob Ashraf and Shabnam Merali. The recording was done at Sonic Studio, Pakistan.

Shabnam Merali is an accomplished vocalist and musician. She has skillfully mastered the world of Ghazals, Sufi Kalam, Qawwalis, Ginans, Qasidas and various other genres of music in languages such as Urdu, Gujarati, Sindhi, Kiswahili, Punjabi, Siraiki. She has performed internationally on many platforms and has released many albums worldwide with original compositions, some of her albums include Expressions, Khushi, Shan-e-Ali, Shukrana, Suhana Safar and Shahnaama e Karimi.
kmaherali

“Ud Chala”- Natasha Baig (by Maqam Station)

Post by kmaherali »

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Dfsxz-lIw

"Ud Chala"
Sufi Song

Maqam Station presents "Ud Chala" featuring Natasha Baig - the exceptionally talented singer from Karachi, Pakistan. Natasha has a unique singing ability and has also performed on Coke Studio Pakistan.

Ud Chala (I fly) is a new original Sufi song based around the word “Rangrez” a Persian word which means dyer - a person who works with colors and dyes. The term is widely used in Sufi songs.

In this context, it is the Rangrez (Guide, Murshid) who would color (by imparting True Knowledge) your cloth (mind) for that Union with God.

Around the same idea, Farhan Shah has written this line “Ud Chala Ray Ud Chala Tere Rang Main Rangrezi" - I soar soaking in your hues my rangraiz, in your hues I am the colorful.

The song also features poetry by Baba Bulleh Shah, the 17th-century Punjabi philosopher and Sufi poet, who prods us to go on that difficult inner journey of self-discovery.

"Maqam Station" is a separate and independently run music initiative by JollyGul, spearheaded by award-winning director / composer - singer Farhan Shah and Executive Producer Irfan S. Ali.
--------------
Song: UD Chala
Singer: Natasha Baig
kmaherali

"Yeh Dil Yeh Pagal Dil Mera"

Post by kmaherali »

Ghulam Ali's Ghazal - "Yeh Dil Yeh Pagal Dil Mera" By Amin Mawani

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO_9j7Bz3MA

This heart of mine, this crazy heart of mine

Amin Mawani sings Ghulam Ali's ghazal "Yeh Dil Yeh Pagal Dil Mera". The profound lyrics for this song are written by Mohsin Naqvi (1947−1996) a popular Pakistani poet.

This ghazal speaks to a sense of meaninglessness and randomness in our journey of life. We feel a sense of wandering around and loneliness at times. In the final verse, the poet suggests that we embrace this feeling of loneliness using the metaphor of the moon, always alone, yet it also at all times shines brightly.

We present the video with lyrics and translations - enhanced with our interpretation of what the poet may have meant.

Enjoy and feel free to interpret it in your own personal way!
kmaherali

World Music Day

Post by kmaherali »

Ya Ali Madad [Reprise]

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek5fGCbr2oY

To coincide with World Music Day, The Ismaili is pleased to present The Ismaili Sounds: Jam Sessions, a platform to showcase live and mellow performances. The first release, “Ya Ali Madad [Reprise]” by The Sufistics, expresses the belief that adversities can be overcome by keeping one’s faith close by.

The story behind The Ismaili Sounds

The Ismaili Sounds provides a platform for hundreds of music artists across the worldwide Jamat.

In May 2020, while the world was in lockdown, The Ismaili TV hosted a virtual Shukrana Concert to commemorate Eid ul-Fitr. To prepare, the organising team issued a call out for song submissions, hoping for a few hours worth of content. The response was overwhelming. A new platform was soon created to showcase the musical talent of the Jamat – and thus, two years ago this week, The Ismaili Sounds was born.

In a speech at the inaugural Aga Khan Music Awards in 2019, Mawlana Hazar Imam remarked that, “The cultural heritage of Islam has long embraced musical language as an elemental expression of human spirituality. Listening to music, practicing music, sharing music, performing music - have long been an intimate part of life for Muslim communities across the world.”

The Ismaili Sounds – an initiative born amidst the global pandemic – embodies and carries forth this historical tradition of musical expression, giving voice to hundreds of artists across the worldwide Jamat. In the process, it enables them to showcase their talents and touch the hearts of a global audience. The story of the project begins with a touch of serendipity.

“We wanted to get 3 to 4 hours of content,” explained Amina Dhrolia, who coordinated the Shukrana concert in 2020 and now leads The Ismaili Sounds. “While working on the timetable, we received 17 to 18 hours of content, which we weren’t expecting!”

Artists of different ages from over 20 countries submitted songs to be featured in the online performance and celebration, which took place over three days.

In recognition of the diverse artistic talent within the community, as well as the demand for such content, The Ismaili Sounds was officially launched in June 2020. It served as a platform to promote the talent of renowned and emerging Ismaili artists, to produce original devotional content in accordance with our beliefs, and to unite the global Ismaili community during a time of physical isolation.

“In the early days of Covid-19, we couldn’t perform or enjoy arts in-person, so we looked for a way to engage global artists and give them a virtual stage,” said Amina. “People told us the music was so uplifting during such an uncertain and anxious time,” she added. “In some ways, along with volunteers, these artists and their music got us through the pandemic.”

faisal amlani

One of these artists is Faisal Amlani, an Australian-Pakistani singer, composer, and musician. Faisal has released multiple songs on The Ismaili Sounds, including Dua-e-Reham, and a Sufi-Pop track, Ya Rehman Ya Raheem. As a teenager, he was fond of Pop music, and later became inspired by the qawwali genre after listening to the work of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

“I realised that I have a soft voice texture that suits Pop music but at the same time, I wanted my music to have more purpose and meaning to it. Pop music can entertain people, but Sufi music can provide relaxation to the soul,” said Faisal. “So, I thought, why not do something which entertains, shares a message, and provides relaxation to the soul at the same time? That’s how my genre, Sufi-Pop, came into existence.”

From renditions of Silver Jubilee geets, Arabic Nasheeds, and Pamiri folk music to Eastern-Western fusion songs, the tracks featured on The Ismaili Sounds are diverse in musical genres, languages, instruments, and styles.

Some compositions are performed by groups from the same region, like The Sufistics from the United States, the Khorog Band from Tajikistan, and the Pamoja Ensemble from Kenya and South Africa. Others, such as Tere Liye (For You) and Mawla Mera Ishq Tu, are multilingual works recorded across multiple countries. These collaborations illustrate the diverse talent of our community in various parts of the world, celebrate our differences and commonalities, and reflect the ethos of One Jamat.

Not only does the platform encourage experimentation with genres, but it also supports new and emerging artists, including youth and young adults.

Twenty-year-old Amisha Lakhani from Hyderabad, India, produced and released her first track on The Ismaili Sounds. The composition – an acoustic version of Allahuma Salli Aala, – was originally written and composed by Khairunissa and Fez Meghani in the United States during the Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee.

amisha

“The Salwat by Fez Meghani was regularly played in my household,” said Amisha. “I was always a big fan and that made this task in itself very rewarding. I had to tweak a few guitar chords and keep re-recording until I recorded the perfect track.”

After it was released, Amisha said she felt elated. “I never expected such a heartwarming response from people around the world. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity,” she said.

The Ismaili Sounds has released over 65 tracks online via Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram. In the days ahead of special festivals, such as Salgirah, Navroz, or Imamat Day, songs are released more frequently. Whereas at first, the team approached artists to ask for content, the team now receives a regular stream of submissions from artists around the world.

One of these is Calgary-based singer and songwriter Cimone Rajan, a young musician currently charting her course. She has featured on various tracks for The Ismaili Sounds, including Heal a Heart and the Navroz composition, New Perfume.

Cimone is a 2019 graduate of Boston’s Berklee School of Music and holds degrees in Songwriting and Music Technology. She observed that The Ismaili Sounds platform holds significance because the spirituality of music can unify diverse groups.

Cimone

“Do you ever hear a song that moves you in a way that you can’t even describe? You just get this feeling inside and you don’t have the words for it, but it moves you. I see that as a spiritual connection,” she said. “There’s a reason why music is considered a universal language. It’s because everyone can connect to it and have an emotional response to it. That coming together is in itself something so spiritual.”

Growing up in North America, Cimone explained that she did not see enough representation of Muslim artists in the Western music industry.

“That very much affected the way I saw myself and my culture,” she said. “Now as an adult, having so much pride in who I am and in our community and in our culture, that’s something that I want to represent, and I want to offer that representation that I needed growing up.”

Cimone has since worked on a rhythm and blues debut album, featuring samples from Sufi songs by her late father, as well as South Asian and Middle Eastern instruments.

“Displaying our identity musically is something I want to continue doing. It’s a really cool way to showcase the beauty that exists in the Muslim world, and I hope to provide representation in the most positive way.”

A series of special Ismaili Sounds compositions will be released to coincide with Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 65th Imamat Day. Be the first to hear about new releases – subscribe to our email updates, and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

https://the.ismaili/global/news/feature ... -173435533

Admin

Eid e Gadir Ismaili Art by Nargis Mawjee 2022

Post by Admin »

For this Eid e Gadir, the artist Nargis Mawjee comes up with a series of pictures drawn pixel by pixel for extraordinary results. Look at her art in these two PDF files.

http://ismaili.net/timeline/2022/cahier ... ol25-1.pdf

http://ismaili.net/timeline/2022/cahier ... ol25-2.pdf

kmaherali

Future Ready Initiative Virtual Exhibition

Post by kmaherali »

Future Ready Initiative Exhibit
You are invited to explore an informative virtual 3D art exhibition on the Future Ready Initiative! The exhibition features submissions from around Canada, including music, testimonials, visual art, and spoken word that you can experience from the comfort of your home.

Click on "Start Tour" https://artspaces.kunstmatrix.com/en/ex ... exhibition to guide you through the galleries. Submissions with audio and video features can be accessed by clicking the arrow button at the bottom corner of the thumbnail. Look for this information icon when viewing each submission for more information.

Daily Diamond
"There are too many societies where too many people live in a culture of fear, condemned to a life of poverty. Addressing that fear, and replacing it with hope, will be a major step to the elimination of poverty. And often the call for hope to replace fear will come from the voices of Civil Society."

Mawlana Hazar Imam, Ottawa, Canada, February 2014
kmaherali

Wakhi Language Love Song From Hunza

Post by kmaherali »

"Puzuv Tozaesh Wost" - Wakhi Language Love Song From Hunza | Fazal Hussain | Raza Baig Raza | Mazuz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t94ES69Eqlg

Puzuv Tozaesh Wost
Heart comes alive

JollyGul.com presents a Wakhi language love song "Puzuv Tozaesh Wost" from Hunza written by Raza Baig Raza and sung by Fazal Hussain. Mazuz has done the music composition.

Raza Baig Raza is a poet and has written and recorded several poems in Wakhi language.

Fazal Hussain is a singer who sings in Wakhi and Urdu. This is his debut song. You rock Fazal! Let's have more songs from you.

Mazuz is a music producer, composer and instrumentalist with an expertise in working with a variety of genres and music styles. Mazuz has a specialty and passion in Central and South Asian music. He creates original contemporary music and his work ranges across various languages like Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Tamil, Persian and Wakhi. Mazuz also has a band called Shumol. Mazuz has great skills and interest in identifying and fostering emerging talent.

Wakhi language is spoken in the Wakhan Corridor of Afghanistan, parts of Gilgit–Baltistan of Pakistan, Gorno-Badakhshan region of Tajikistan, and Xinjiang in western China.

JollyGul is a USA based independent not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote artists and spread the message of love, peace, tolerance and understanding through music of all genre to our global audience. Communicating through music across cultures, age groups and geography is an important part of what we do.
kmaherali

Chal Chal Bulleya! - Karim Gillani

Post by kmaherali »

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4TuignggEE

Chal Chal Bulleya!
Let's go Bulleya!

Chal Chal Bulleya! (Let's Go Bulleya!) is based on a soulful Kalam (poetry) of a gifted, courageous and iconoclastic Punjabi poet Baba Bulleh Shah (1680-1757) who never hesitated questioning settled beliefs, institutions or orthodoxy. Baba Bulleh Shah did not mince words when criticizing hypocricy whether at an individual or collective level.

This heart touching composition is by Dr. Karim Gillani and the soothing music is directed by Waqas Ali. Dr. Karim Gillani and his team share Baba Bulleh Shah's powerful poetry through the song which gives special importance to getting close to God through the difficult but necessary inner spiritual journey rather than merely performing external rites and participating in rituals.

We sincerely hope you will enjoy listening to this masterpiece, filmed in Dallas Texas and Lahore Pakistan. Please share it with your friends and family and continue on that inner spiritual quest.
kmaherali

Child of The Ocean

Post by kmaherali »

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGO8omn1m54

To coincide with Prince Hussain's exhibition "The Living Sea - Fragile Beauty" currently on display in the UK, The Ismaili is pleased to present Child of The Ocean, produced and performed by the Ismaili Community Ensemble in the UK.

For more information on the exhibit, visit https://the.ismaili/uk/thelivingsea.

#AgaKhan #Ismaili #SaveOurOcean #SustainableOceans #MarineConservation #London #UK #LivingSea #Photography
kmaherali

"Hai Adam" - Noman Asmet | Sachal Sarmast | Karim Gillani | Din's Production

Post by kmaherali »

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaW4btzl7qw

Hai Adam
A mere man

"Hai Adam" is a soulful Urdu Kalam (poem) written by a renowned Sufi master Hazrat Sachal Sarmast (1739-1827). Sachal Sarmast wrote poetry in seven languages which include Sindhi, Siraiki, Persian, Urdu, Balochi, Punjabi and Arabic. In this poem "Hai Adam", Sachal Sarmast highlights the various stages and shades of human life and how we as humans experience diverse situations, forms and characters as part of our journey in this world.

Dr. Karim Gillani has selected Sachal's poetic verses and composed this heart-touching musical composition and also produced this beautiful production. A team of talented musicians was selected from Hunza, Pakistan for this very special project, which includes the powerful and melodious voice of Noman Asmet, skillful young rubab player Hunaid Hunzik and the talented Aatir Amin on duff. The audio and video production is brilliantly done by Din's Production. This amazing video was shot at the iconic Altit Fort with a scenic backdrop of the majestic mountainous landscape of Hunza, Pakistan.

We sincerely hope you will enjoy listening to this original melodious song and share it with your family and loved ones.

----------------------
kmaherali

Rehmat Ullah Baig - The Last Ghezhek Player of Pakistan

Post by kmaherali »

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEnvsHcEjFo

Rehmat Ullah Baig
The Last Ghezhek Player of Pakistan

Mazuz and Hamayun Zaki present a short documentary film about the remarkable Rehmat Ullah Baig and his lifetime of dedication to the ghezek musical instrument. Rehmat is among the last players of the ghezek musical instrument in Pakistan and the short film also draws our attention to the ghezek tradition which is on the verge of extinction.

We do not fully acknowledge and value the role played by folk musicians in our society. This is because we treat folk music as "old school" - something not too relevant for the present time dominated by pop, electronic and other types of modern music.

Rehmat Ullah Baig is the last musician playing the ghezhek a stringed instrument played with a bow - a folk instrument of Pakistan. No one has learnt it after Rehmat. The ghezek is also hardly played by any players in Tajikistan and Afghanistan in the current times.

By occupation, Rehmat Ullah Baig is a farmer. Rehmat works in his field to grow crops and takes care of his livestock like most people of his generation. But along with farming, Rehmat has continued to play this instrument, the ghezhek, all his life. The instrument he is holding has been skillfully and patiently made by himself.

Rehmat Ullah Baig, now 75 years old, keeps the people in his town entertained - he plays the ghezhek at small events and gatherings. The ghezhek - both the skill to make it as well as the art to tune and play the instrument is under serious threat. It appears that the beautiful and unique sound of this instrument will not survive beyond the lifetime of this remarkable artist Rehmat Ullah Baig if we can not get the younger generation interested in the ghezhek and in carrying forward the tradition.

Rehmat Ullah Baig is a father to 9 children (6 sons and 3 daughters) and 16 grandchildren. He lives in beautiful Hunza in Northern Pakistan.
kmaherali

"Aql & Ishq: Intellect and Love" - Karim Gillani

Post by kmaherali »

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HPTd76QK-8

Aql & Ishq
Intellect and Love

This song "Aql & Ishq: Intellect and Love" is based on a long debated subject in the Sufi tradition on the competing struggle to become one with God through Aql (intellect) which is sometimes described as "Ilm knowledge" versus Ishq (Divine Love).

The lyrics for this beautiful song were written by a famous poet and philosopher from South Asia, Allama Muhammad Iqbal (1877-1938) and a renowned Sufi master Hazrat Sachal Sarmast (1739-1827).

Dr. Allama Iqbal in one of his couplets has described the intimate debate between Ishq and Aql as:

Aql ayar hai so bhaes bana leti hai, Ishq bechara na mullah hai, na zahid, na hakim.
The mind is skillful in artistic tasks, and can assume a hundred masks; poor helpless love that knows no guise ain't mullah, hermit or too wise.

Based on this very core Sufi debate between Aql and Ishq, Dr. Gillani and his team have created this masterpiece original music composition and video presentation.

Walid Ehssan has created a magic with his colourful calligraphy on canvas which was shot in Calgary and magistic Canmore. Dr. Gillani yet again has produced a soulful composition and the video was shot at Sylvan Lake, Alberta. Dances and musicians videos were shot in India, Pakistan and Canada.

We sincerely hope you will immerse yourself in the deep understanding of these transcendent ideas of Sufi Love and Intellect.
kmaherali

The Making of Shukrana | Ismaili Sounds

Post by kmaherali »

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_xPxiWWx4&t=11s

In anticipation of the Aga Khan Music Awards this weekend, take a look at this 10-minute Ismaili Sounds special behind the scenes video, “The making of Shukrana.” A collection of 50 music artists came together earlier this year to produce Shukrana in celebration of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 65th Imamat Day. The song is an expression of gratitude for the guidance and leadership of our Imam-of-the-Time. Filmed in Toronto and Lisbon, this short film tells the story of a unique international collaboration.

View the original song at https://youtu.be/vxu3le_m2qM
kmaherali

The making of Nur Un Ala Nur

Post by kmaherali »

Inspiration for the song came from Ayat an-Nur. “God is the Light of the heavens and the earth” is cleverly depicted with a reflection in the sea and the names of the Imams appearing like stars in the sky.

One of the most constructive outlets for humans to express feeling and emotion is via art and music, as we will witness at the Aga Khan Awards this weekend. As an example, earlier this year, a collection of accomplished Ismaili musicians came together to perform a special song reflective of the Jamat’s loyalty and devotion to the Imam-of-the-Time. This is the story of their collaboration.

Over many centuries, Ismaili murids have celebrated their love and devotion for their Imams through expressions of poetry and music. To commemorate the special occasion of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 65th Imamat Day this year, The Ismaili Sounds released one such devotional musical expression, Nur Un Ala Nur. Composed by Salim-Sulaiman, this offering brought together globally renowned Ismaili artists for a soul-stirring expression reaffirming our spiritual allegiance to the Imam-of-the-Time and our commitment to the ethics of our faith.

Inspiration for the song came from Quranic verses, literature on the concept of Imamat, as well as the Silver, Golden, and Diamond Jubilee motifs. It focuses on the eternal Nur (Divine Light), which illuminates the entire world - day and night - and lights the path of believers who follow the guidance of the Imam, leading them to spiritual enlightenment.

The composition beautifully showcases the power of lyrical simplicity, achieving a perfectly natural balance between repetition and change, making it melodious and appealing to global audiences. “What comes across as a simple phrase ‘Risalat hai Rasool ki, Imamat hai Imam ki’ has a much deeper meaning,” says lead lyricist Kamal Haji. Adding to the beauty of these simple words was the exquisite rendition by Australia’s UNESCO and global music award winning Sufi artist, Farhan Shah.

Renowned Indian composers Salim and Sulaiman Merchant’s skillfully executed composition leaves listeners wanting more. “It’s our Zikr and love for our Imam,” said Salim Merchant, who expressed how fortunate they felt for the opportunity to produce music on this occasion.

“Kamal came up with the phrase Nur Un Ala Nur for the song and I latched on to it,” says Salim when asked about the creative process. “I immediately sang a phrase that came to me...it just naturally comes to you with this kind of music.” Reminiscing that the project had to be completed while juggling many other assignments, he added “when your niyat (intention) is right, everything falls into place.”

Nobovar Chanorov, a famous singer from Tajikistan, felt that the track was so powerful and timely for the challenging times we live in. “Life has been rather tough on everyone around the globe recently…but there is always light after a dark night, and that’s what this song felt like while creating it back in July this year,” he said. “This form of artistic expression enables people from all walks of life to engage with their faith and connect with each other…music is a language of the soul, and a way to reach God.”

An important and unique element of the composition was the stunning video featuring a combination of live action sequences with the artists, and animation rendered in exquisite Kufic calligraphy. Inspiration came from Ayat an-Nur. “God is the Light of the heavens and the earth” is cleverly depicted with a reflection in the sea of the names of the Imams appearing like stars in the sky.

“There is this indescribable feeling of fulfilment in witnessing artists of this exquisite calibre manoeuvre together so graciously and generously through their creative process,” concludes Nureen. “It is always humbling, fascinating, and inspiring for me.”

https://the.ismaili/global/news/feature ... un-ala-nur
Admin

Re: ISMAILI ART by Nargis Mawjee

Post by Admin »

Nargis Mawjee, Canadian Ismaili artist has launched two Ismaili Art books in 2022, we are posting here a downloadable PDF on the occasion of Salgirah Khushiali. The art image is made pixel by pixel each of a different color which demands hours of concentration and dedication, patience and love. It is a very demanding form of art unlike painting on paper or canvas.

http://ismaili.net/source/cahier-peinture-vol25-2.pdf

http://ismaili.net/source/cahier-peinture-vol25-1.pdf

kmaherali

Baroo (Rain) | New Hazaragi Romantic Song

Post by kmaherali »

Experience Fahima Sultani's captivating rendition of "Baroo" (Rain), a new romantic Hazaragi melody. The lyrics are written by Aminullah Anwary and music beautifully crafted by S Raheemani and Zishan Jaffer. The immersive video is produced by the skilled team at KN Productions, based in Montreal, Canada.

Hazaragi is an eastern variety of Persian that is spoken by the Hazara people, who primarily live in central Afghanistan and Pakistan. This language has been influenced by various languages including Dari (a variety of Persian spoken in Afghanistan), Pashto, and Mongolic languages due to the diverse historical influences in the region. Hazaragi is also spoken by the Hazaras of Pakistan and Iran, and also by the Hazara diaspora living elsewhere.

Hazaragi is not just limited to spoken language but also has a rich tradition of poetry, folk songs, and proverbs. It is typically written using the Persian alphabet.

The Hazara people themselves are an ethnic group native to the region of Hazarajat in central Afghanistan, and they are recognized for their distinct culture, language, and religious practices, with the majority being Twelver Shi'a Muslims. They have a long and complex history, with theories of their origin ranging from being descendants of the Mongol Empire to various indigenous groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V95hxfqhBtU
Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin

Post by Admin »

Imamat Day Cake in MOntreal Jamatkhana 2013-07-11

kmaherali

"Lakh Tuhinja Ehsaan"

Post by kmaherali »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQgJJn6iy0I

Lakh Tuhinja Ehsaan
We are so grateful for Your love

Delve deep into the echoes of gratitude and the heartfelt longing of countless souls. The latest soulful track, "Lakh Tuhinja Ehsaan", is a heart-felt tribute to the Beloved, capturing the essence of thankfulness from thousands of hearts.

Experience the intensity of love articulated in the rich tapestry of Sindhi language.

Produced with finesse by Mr. Nizar Noorali Kassam, the song brings words to life penned by the gifted Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Jessani. The melodic masterpiece is composed by Mr. Aqeel Ahmed, and the soul-stirring vocals are from Saleem J. Tejani.

For our non-Sindhi speaking audience and everyone eager to dive deeper into the lyrics, translations have been provided within the video.

Celebrate love, gratitude, and musical artistry, all harmoniously blended into one track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQgJJn6iy0I
kmaherali

"Daman Lagiaan Maula" Sufi Song - Jamil Assani

Post by kmaherali »

Daman Lagiaan Maula
My heart is attached to you, my Lord

"Daman Lagiyan Maula" is a popular Sufi song. Sufi music is a genre of music inspired by Sufism, and Sufi songs often involve themes of divine love and spiritual longing. The title "Daman Lagiyan Maula" suggests a plea to God (Maula) for spiritual closeness or union. The word "Daman" generally signifies the hem of a garment, implying a sense of closeness or holding on. "Lagiyan" is a form of the verb "to attach" or "to cling." So the title itself might be understood to express a deep longing for spiritual union with the Divine.

These songs are often characterized by soulful singing, and they may be set to traditional or modern arrangements, depending on the artist's interpretation. "Daman Lagiyan Maula" might be performed in various styles, from qawwali to more contemporary formats.

Abida Parveen and Sajjad Ali have popular renditions of the song "Daman Lagiyan Maula." Sufi songs often have multiple renditions by different artists, each bringing their unique interpretation and style to the composition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQeNA2CUoRY
kmaherali

DARSHAN | Punjabi Sufi Song | Sehr Khwaja | Zulfiqar Ali Jessani | Aqeel Ahmed | Wafa, Adeena, Hiba

Post by kmaherali »

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vl-j4Ftyd4

"Darshan," is a captivating journey into the heart of Punjabi Sufi mysticism. This song is a hymn of love and a tribute to the profound emotion that connects us to the Divine. Penned by Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Jessani and music by Aqeel Ahmed with soul-stirring vocals of Dr. Sehr Khwaja, the song becomes a sanctuary where love and spirituality coalesce.

The visual narrative of the song is equally enthralling, featuring a mesmerizing performance and choreography by the incredibly talented trio Wafa, Adeena, Hiba. Conceptualized and edited by Mr. Saleem J. Tejani, the video is a sensorial feast that captures the essence of Darshan – an auspicious sight of the Beloved.

Heartfelt gratitude to Mr. Nizar Noorali Kassam, who produced this project and made it all possible.

Join us in this poetic and musical exploration of Sufi wisdom and love. Translations of lyrics are provided for your enhanced experience. Let "Darshan" take you on a spiritual sojourn that lingers in your soul long after the final note has been played.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Duhaan: Smoke - A Song for Peace - Dr. Karim Gillani

Duhaan: Smoke

A Song for Peace

In a world often clouded by the shadows of conflict and despair, the powerful new music video "Duhaan: Smoke" emerges as a beacon of hope and a call for peace. This poignant song, voiced with passion by Dr. Karim Gillani and penned by Rahim Gillani, is not just a musical composition but a heartfelt plea echoing the cries of innocence lost in wars and conflicts around the globe.

Between October 2023 and January 2024, over 10,000 innocent children have tragically lost their lives in the throes of war, a stark reminder of the urgent need for peace and humanity in our times. "Duhaan: Smoke" is more than a song; it is a wake-up call to the world to recognize the profound impact of war on the most vulnerable.

The lyrics, deeply moving and thought-provoking, are beautifully complemented by the soulful composition of Dr. Karim Gillani and the intricate arrangements by Din's Production. Directed and captured by Alizain Mevawala, the video brings to life the haunting reality of conflict and the longing for peace that resides in every heart.

This release aims to educate and inspire. It's a reminder that every child matters and that the path to peace is paved with empathy, understanding, and dialogue.

Through the powerful message of "Duhaan: Smoke", we hope to contribute to a world where human rights are not just an ideal, but a reality. We invite listeners and viewers around the world to join us in this journey towards a more peaceful, harmonious world, where the smoke of despair gives way to the light of hope and understanding.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ72SrrXOiA
kmaherali

Names of Allah | Shabnam Merali | Waqas Ali | Globe N Us Productions

Post by kmaherali »

In the devotional song video "Names of Allah," renowned singer Shabnam Merali lends her voice to a spiritually enriching performance that aims to celebrate and honor the divine. Produced by Waqas Ali and brought to life visually by Globe N Us Productions, this piece stands as a testament to the profound depth of Islamic spirituality and the beauty of devotional music. The song weaves together the names and attributes of God, inviting listeners into a state of reflection and reverence.

Shabnam Merali, with her extensive background in performing a diverse array of musical genres such as ginans, geets, ghazals, qawwalis, and Sufi kalaams, brings a unique depth to this piece. Her international recognition and numerous albums, including "Expressions," "Khushi," "Sunehra Safar," "Shukran," "Shaan e Ali," "Ishq e Ali," "Shahnama e Karimi," and various ginan series like "Ilm e Ginan," "Anant Akhado," among others, highlight her versatility and dedication to her craft.

The musical accompaniment in "Names of Allah" features a blend of traditional instruments that enrich the song's spiritual ambiance. With Waseem Abbas on the Djembe, Hassan Raza on the Tabla, Mahesh on the Sitar, Waqas Ali playing the Flute, Khawar Hussain on the Keyboard, and Zaber Taqi on the Bass Guitar, the arrangement provides a lush backdrop to Shabnam's vocals, creating a piece that is both uplifting and deeply moving.

Published by JollyGul Main Channel, the song video is a beautiful offering to the divine, capturing the essence of faith and devotion through the medium of music. It serves not only as a showcase of Shabnam Merali's exceptional talent but also as a bridge connecting listeners to the spiritual and cultural richness of Islamic devotion.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sMvncRhUFA