Salgirah (Imam's Birthday)

Discussion on R&R from all regions
mahebubchatur

Salgirah (Imam's Birthday)

Post by mahebubchatur »

Salgirah 13th December 2015 – (Imam’s Birthday)

13th December is a very significant day in the lives of Ismailis around the world. This Salgirah marks the 79th birthday of their Imam‐e Zaman, His Highness the Aga Khan, who has dedicated his life to the progress and wellbeing of the community and theose they live with.

Many Ismailis often wonder “What can I give to my Imam? What can I do for my Imam?

In this context Imam said on 9 Dec 1964. “I would like my Jamat (community), to think what is the meaning of a birthday in an individual’s life, and what is the meaning of a birthday in the Imam’s life. What can a Jamat give to the Imam on his birthday ? And what would really make Imam happy?” ..The Jamat can give me one happiness, that is that they should be united; that they should be regular in all Jamati work; and that they should live in the best tradition of my spiritual children.”

In this Farman, Imam is making it clear that how we choose to live and how we practice our faith are closely linked to Imam’s happiness. Imam wishes us to be united and to work together as one family; Imam wishes us to uphold our tradition of service, and Imam wishes us to live by the ethics of Islam. These are the principles which Imam wishes us to apply in our daily lives.

When the Jamat gathers together on the occasion of Salgirah and offer prayers. This is also an occasion for the renewal of our Bayah, love and devotion.

on 13th December, 1964, Mawlana Hazar Imam said in Karachi, Pakistan

My Beloved Spiritual Children, You have gathered here today to wish me a happy birthday and to reaffirm your loyalty and love to your Imam. My happiness at being with you on this occasion is deep and pure; all my thoughts, all my hopes and all my prayers are for you.

Since the 11th of July 1957, all my aims and ambitions have been devoted to help and guide my spiritual children in spiritual and worldly matters, the happiness which I have gained from my work, the encouragement to carry more and more responsibility and undertake more and more projects, the continuous search for truth in all matters, all this has been due to you….

On this happy day I rejoice in being with my spiritual children and in the knowledge that their spiritual and moral strength is such as to allow them to benefit from many more worldly goods without forsaking the remembrance of, and the submission to, “He from Whom we have come and to Whom we will return.”

I give on the occasion to each and every spiritual child here and every spiritual child today living in this world, my most affectionate paternal maternal loving blessings, Khanavadan, Khanavadan.”

When we recite and prayers we must remember what our first Imam Mawlana Hazrat Ali said to us “There is no benefit in recitation without contemplation; there is no benefit in worship without comprehension.”

Salgirah is one of the special days and occasion for reflection and contemplation.

Today, Ismailis live countries all over the globe, from Central Asia to Europe, & Americas, from Kenya to Korea, from New Zealand to Sweden.

Ismailis represent many rich traditions and cultures which are rooted in different historical experiences and Ismailis speak a variety of languages. And they share a common Shia Ismaili Muslim identity under the grace of our Imam of the time.
As Ismailis from across the globe come together on this Salgirah, they reinforce a common identity.

Mawlana Hazar Imam said on His Salgirah on December 13, 2008

Since 1957, it has been my objective to retrieve from our history and strengthen, by present day endeavours, the magnificent Shia Imami Ismaili identity and its interrelationships with other Muslim schools of interpretation, thought, and practice of the faith. I feel that, at this juncture in the Jamat’s history, when different traditions are beginning to converge, it is particularly important to bring forward those aspects of faith and practice, including diverse forms of devotional expression, that are rooted in the Shia Ismaili Tariqah of Islam as interpreted by the Imam-of-the-Time.

Throughout the Jamat’s history, including during the Fatimid times, a consistent feature of the Ismaili Tariqah has been the complementarity between practices that are specific to our Tariqah, and those that are part of the Sharia, common to all Muslims, albeit with denominational specificities. Examples of this are the historic co-existence between Namaz and Du’a, and the concept of private prayer and personal search, which has an important place in Islam, since it concerns the relationship of faith with life. It is in this light that, in Shia Ismaili Islam, the Imam-of-the-Time recognises a variety of prayers, tasbihs, Bait-ul-Khayal, Qaseedas, Ginans, by which an individual can submit to the Divine and protect himself or herself against the materialism of secular life, and the many other challenges of daily life.

… And it is my hope and prayer that, 10 or 15 years from now, the Jamat’s capacity in most of the countries where it is living, or if they are very big countries, in the regions within those countries where the Jamat is living, will be very significant, indeed, and that is what the Shia Ismaili Tariqah of Islam should have within the world. I am ambitious for you, but ambitious for you in the right way, just as a father and mother is ambitious for his children, he wants them to work well, properly, ethically.

These are the thoughts that I share with you, and although I will be leaving you physically today, I am always with you. I watch over you, I think of you, I pray for you, and I want you to know that I am always with my Jamat. I have had nothing else of real significance in my life other than serving the Jamat. Khanavadan, Khanavadan.”

In conclusion, as Ismailis partake in prayers and the celebration of Salgirah, they
1. Express their humble shukrana (gratitude to Imam-e-Zaman for Imam’s benevolence and selfless efforts for progress & wellbeing of the Jamat. Amen
2. Pray for those less fortunate, & those suffering in many parts of the world, and for mushkil Asaan Amen
3. Renew allegiance to their Imam and pray for continued guidance and blessings in upholding the values of Islam including, brotherhood, compassion, generosity, integrity, tolerance, respect, and forgiveness.
4. For Mawla’s continued blessings, & Farmans to guiding us in their daily lives and along the path of siratul mustaqeem.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad:
Chaturbappa tamee kya khovaye gayaa cho?
kayda kanon this due?
Nice posting.
I may wish to add:
IS SALEGRIH KE JASN MEE
KYA DENA HAI TUJHE ALI?
KHUB IBAADAT AUR KHIDMAT
JUM KARNA HAI HUME ALI.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is a related thread at:

Esoteric aspect of Birthday/Imamat Day of Hazar Imam

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... m+birthday
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mureeds celebrate Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Salgirah

Mawlana Hazar Imam, His Highness the Aga Khan’s 79th Birthday celebrated in Chicago by children and parents alike.

December 6, 2015 – Glenview, Illinois – Irfan Ali: The month of December is a special month. It is a festive month and people around the world celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa to name a few. This month also brings a reminder to us all about ending of one calendar year and start of a new year!

For Ismaili Muslims living everywhere in the world, this month holds special meaning as we all celebrate December 13th. Keeping the spirit of festivities in mind, on December 6, 2015, few Ismaili families from Chicago (Glenview, Illinois) got together and celebrated our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam’s birthday in a private setting.

”This was a unique event” said one of the parents. “We have many kids in our friends’ circle, from 6 month old to 18 years. The parents wanted to do something special this time around. We decided to have an event to show our kids how important it is to celebrate our faith and culture. And what better time to do this than to celebrate our beloved Imam’s birthday?” Musical program was arranged where every kid present participated. Greeting cards were also made by each family as well as gift boxes were made by kids. The night ended with dandia-raas and delicious food.
https://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -salgirah/
Admin

Post by Admin »

thelinkpaper.ca/?p=51675

Saturday, December 12th, 2015

Ismaili Muslims To Celebrate The Birthday of His Highness The Aga Khan On Sunday

On December 13th Ismaili Muslims all over the world celebrate the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan. We join in their rejoicing and wish His Highness and his followers “Salgirah Mubarak”.

His Highness the Aga Khan became Imam (spiritual leader) of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims on July 11, 1957 at the age of 20, succeeding his grandfather, Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan. He is the 49th hereditary Imam of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) through his cousin and son-in-law, Ali, the first Imam, and his wife Fatima, the Prophet’s daughter.

The Aga Khan spent his early childhood in Nairobi, Kenya, and then attended Le Rosey School in Switzerland for nine years. He graduated from Harvard University in 1959 with a BA Honors Degree in Islamic history.

Like his grandfather Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan before him, the Aga Khan has, since assuming the office of Imamat in 1957, been concerned about the well-being of all Muslims, particularly in the face of the challenges of rapid historical changes. Today, the Ismailis live in some 25 countries, mainly in West and Central Asia, Africa and the Middle East, as well as in North America and Western Europe.

Recently, on November 12, 2015, His Highness the Aga Khan delivered the Samuel L. and Elizabeth Jodidi Lecture at Harvard University’s Weatherhead Center for International Affairs. Entitled “The Cosmopolitan Ethic in a Fragmented World”, his lecture covered the challenges to pluralism and cosmopolitanism.

His Highness highlighted that the success of societies and cultures is dependent not only on honoring our similarities but also honoring our differences and said that “a pluralist, cosmopolitan society is a society which not only accepts difference, but actively seeks to understand it – and to learn from it. In this perspective, diversity is not a burden to be endured, but an opportunity to be welcomed.”

His Highness the Aga Khan has established a number of institutions in Canada. Last year, the Ismaili Centre Toronto and Aga Khan Museum were formally opened in the presence of His Highness the Aga Khan. The two buildings are situated within a 6.8-hectare landscaped park. Japanese architect Fumihiko Maki designed the Aga Khan Museum, while Indian architect Charles Correa designed the Ismaili Centre. The park, which features a formal garden, was designed by architect Vladimir Djurovic of Lebanon.

The Aga Khan Museum is the first museum in North America dedicated to the arts of Muslim civilizations. It is dedicated to presenting an overview of the artistic, intellectual, and scientific contributions that Muslim civilizations have made to world heritage.

The Ismaili Centre Toronto is part of a network of Ismaili Centres that includes Vancouver, London, Lisbon, Dubai and Dushanbe.The Ismaili Centres incorporate spaces for social and cultural gatherings, intellectual engagement, and spiritual reflection.

The establishment of these institutions in Canada reflects the Aga Khan’s longstanding relationship with Canada and his appreciation for the country’s commitment to pluralism and cultural diversity. Together, these global institutions will contribute to a better understanding among different communities and cultures.

We rejoice in celebrating the happy occasion of His Highness’ birthday alongside his followers in Canada and all over the world and wish them all “Salgirah Mubarak”.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

HH the Aga Khan 79th Birthday Celebrations in Tajikistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TLFi3cDdGI

79th birthday celebration of His Highness The Aga Khan IV in centre jamatkhana Gulmit.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Makupa Jamatkhana lit up for Salgirah Celebrations

https://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2015/ ... ebrations/
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
We had a very good celebrations in our JK.A day earlier there was a video of Alwaez Kamaluddin which was very informative.
It was followed by Sagridham.
The menu spread was green salad,butter chicken,naan,rice stuffed with fried cashewnuts,dudhi ki daal,anjeer(fig) halwa.freshly squezzed water melon,pineapple and juice fruit juice.
ALI KE MOMIN KO MEVA HI MEVA HAI,MAJOORI KAHI BHI DIKTHI NAHI.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Jishan Ali Thobani’s New song : #ShukharMOULA

https://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2015/ ... kharmoula/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

A Birthday Poem
Dear Mowla

We never imagined the day would come so fast

Seventy-Nine glorious years outclassed

Together we celebrate your birthday!

As one united, global jamat

Dear Mowla,

You pray for us, You breathe for us

You work for us, You dream for us

Your murids, we are.

Dear Mowla

Your efforts unite us, Your prayers ignite us

We ask for your pardon if we’ve erred in any way

If we forget to remind ourselves, What you do for us every day.

Dear Mowla

Excellence, Education, Values, Ethics

We are ambassadors of these words

This is our gift we give to you

Dear Mowla

You bring us together, From, Toronto to London

Karachi to Lisbon, Uganda to Chicago

Dear Mowla

We know you love us immensely

And you are here with us spiritually

But this is YOUR day

With your big family around the world

We love you and wish you a happy 79th birthday
Admin

Tajikistan Celebration 2015 Birthday of H.H. The Agakhan

Post by Admin »

The Khabarnoma, special edition on H.H. The Aga Khan's birthday on 13 December 2015 is 9MB in size and 21 page.

Here is the PDF file, worth reading. Contains news of the recent visit to Tajikistan by Prince Hussain and Prince Amyn Aga Khan and many photos!

http://www.ismaili.net/timeline/2015/20 ... arnoma.pdf

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Aga Khan IV, Video

Varda Arts: Hai Yeh Dua Subhaan

Varda Arts is a group of musician brothers (they are Kutchi, Sunni Muslims) who have been close to Ismaili community as they grew up with, and played music for many Jamati functions and events. This is their appreciation of Mawlana Hazar Imam for dedicating his life for Muslims and the whole world.

This ‘Naat’ was written & composed by our father Nurmohamed Varda fifty years back, inspired by His Highness Aga Khan’s great contribution around the globe. This is a tribute to the Ismaili Community on His Highness Aga Khan’s 79th Birth-Day with love & respect to the community.

Title : Hai Yeh Dua Subhaan
Singer : Iqbal Varda
Written & Composed : Nurmohamed Varda
Music : Varda Arts

https://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2015/ ... a-subhaan/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Hazir Imam Birthday Song---Russia 2015

Published on Dec 26, 2015

A young talented Ismaili Sister Manzura sings a wonderful song on the occasion of Hazir Imam's 79th Birthday.
The celebration took place in St.Petersburg,Russia in 13/12/2015/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlObGDu ... ploademail

Ismaili Jamat of Dushanbe, Tajikistan celebrates Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday

https://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -birthday/
Last edited by kmaherali on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali madad.
In Maharashtra a coalition partner in government namely the Shiv Sena,who is the most radical, vocal anti Muslim party.
During Salegrih n last Imamat,they put up huge banners outside all Jk and Ismaili society wishing him for the occasion with his photo on the banners.
This is what is called building bridges with the community we reside.
It is not embracing ,accepting or taking into each other beliefs and religious sentiment.
The respect n greeting came as both with status of MHI and as quality citizen examples set by jamati members in our city.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote:Ya Ali madad.
In Maharashtra a coalition partner in government namely the Shiv Sena,who is the most radical, vocal anti Muslim party.
During Salegrih n last Imamat,they put up huge banners outside all Jk and Ismaili society wishing him for the occasion with his photo on the banners.
This is very interesting given that Shiv Sena have shown dislike for Muslims generally.
mahebubchatur

Re: Salgirah (Imam's Birthday) 2021

Post by mahebubchatur »

Salgirah Guidances & blessings from Imam e Zaman 13th December 2021 (full Text below)

Salgirah (Birthday) blessings & guidance on 13 December 2021

Blessings

To spiritual children (believers ) good health and happiness, spiritual progress, worldly success, strength of faith, unity, & difficulty. To all departed souls, with prayers for their eternal peace & rest

Guidance

Follow local health authority advice & take available vaccinations

Live by values of your faith

Leaders to draw from lessons & extend support to Jamat, & those in need

Imam’s family have assumed more responsibilities to assist Imam

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=9449

https://twitter.com/chaturmahebub/statu ... 01572?s=21

My summary of Hazar Imam’s Guidance - Can any Leader who knows Share any related information of what Imam has said to Leader)

1. The Jamat must follow local health authority guidance & take vaccinations as soon as available

2. Leaders & Jamat must live by the values of our Tariquah; namely of commitment to our faith, of unity, of self-reliance, of care, and of generosity for others

3. Leaders of all the Jamat’s institutions must draw from lessons from the recent adversities. And they must work together to extend support to the Jamat

4. The Jamat in some areas are facing difficult times, Imam has directed Leaders of all the Jamat’s institution’s to extend support to the Jamat in these areas in this difficult time (example is Afghanistan)

5. With the ongoing increase in the workload, Imam informs the Jamat that “my beloved family members, upon my request, have assumed additional responsibilities in order to assist me in a number of important areas of my work” (Is this a start or a sign of change because the Leaders/Clique are not doing all what Imam directs/Farmans )

Full Text

My beloved spiritual children,

On the occasion of my birthday, the 13th of December 2021, I send my warmest and most affectionate paternal maternal loving blessings to all my beloved spiritual children throughout the world.

I give my best loving blessings for the souls of all my ruhani spiritual children, and I pray for the eternal peace and rest of their souls.

There has been significant progress around the world in combating COVID-19. 

However, given the unpredictability of the mutations and spread of this virus, I reiterate to my Jamat, as I have guided, on a number of occasions, the critical importance of undergoing, without hesitation or delay, the vaccination processes initiated by the respective health authorities, and to continue complying with all recommended safety protocols and guidelines.

The strength and resilience which my Jamat and its institutions have displayed in coping with the damaging consequences of the pandemic have been admirable. 

It is my conviction that the traditional values of our Tariqah – of commitment to the faith, unity, self-reliance, care and generosity for others – will serve the Jamat well as we plan for the future. 

I look to the Jamati institutions to draw lessons from the recent adversity as they plan for the Jamat’s safety and progress going forward.  The Imamat and AKDN institutions will work closely with the Jamati institutions in this process. At this time, my Jamats in some areas are facing a situation of insecurity and conflict.  

I have directed the Imamat and AKDN institutions to take all possible measures to assist the Jamati institutions in extending support to my Jamat in these difficult times. 

To all my beloved spiritual children in these Jamats, I convey my special loving blessings for mushkil-asan, and for strength and courage.

It gives me great satisfaction to share with my Jamat that, with the ongoing increase in my workload, my beloved family members, upon my request, have assumed additional responsibilities in order to assist me in a number of important areas of my work.

I am most touched that on the occasion of my birthday, senior Jamati leaders have presented a beautiful gift on behalf of my global Jamat, which I accept with appreciation and gratitude.  

I send my best loving blessings to all the spiritual children who have sent messages of congratulations and good wishes on this occasion.

I send my most affectionate loving blessings for your good health and happiness, spiritual progress, worldly success, strength of faith, and unity, with best loving blessings for mushkil-asan. 

You are all most particularly in my heart, in my thoughts, and in my prayers.

Yours affectionately,

Aga Khan
mahebubchatur

An article 12 December 2022

Post by mahebubchatur »

12 December 2022

The latest short video in our What Ismailis Believe series explains why Ismailis celebrate their Imam's birthday every year.
Birthdays are generally seen as a time to celebrate and be thankful for those whom we care about. In this spirit, Ismailis celebrate the birthday of the living Imam-of-the-Time as a way of expressing their love, devotion, obedience, and gratitude to him. 

As Shia Imami Muslims, Ismailis follow an unbroken line of hereditary Imams descended from the family of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). The Imams lead the Ismaili community in both the interpretation of faith and seeking to improve their quality of life, as well as the lives of those among whom they live.

Ismailis pledge their allegiance (bay‘ah) to the Imam-of-the-Time, which is the acceptance of the permanent spiritual bond between the Imam and his followers. The Imam’s birthday is an opportunity for Ismailis to reflect on this unique spiritual bond, and to celebrate and express thanks for the Imam’s love, guidance, leadership, and all that he does for the community and the world at large. -

By TheIsmaili

Link to video

https://youtu.be/-hGDYJqZTIE
mahebubchatur

Guidance and Blessings on 13 December 2022

Post by mahebubchatur »

Guidance &. Blessings from His Highness the Aga Khan

10' DECEMBER 2022

THE PRESIDENT AND MEMBERS
HIS HIGHNESS PRINCE AGA KHAN SHIA IMAMI
ISMAILI COUNCIL FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM
LONDON

MY DEAR PRESIDENT AND MEMBERS

ON THE OCCASION OF MY BIRTHDAY, THE 13TH OF DECEMBER 2022, I SEND MY WARMEST AND MOST AFFECTIONATE PATERNAL MATERNAL LOVING BLESSINGS TO ALL MY BELOVED SPIRITUAL CHILDREN OF UNITED KINGDOM, AUSTRIA, DENMARK, GERMANY, ITALY, THE NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, IRELAND AND SWEDEN JAMAT.

I GIVE MY BEST LOVING BLESSINGS FOR THE SOULS OF ALL MY RUHANI SPIRITUAL CHILDREN, AND I PRAY FOR THE ETERNAL PEACE AND REST OF THEIR SOULS.

MY JAMAT IS AWARE THAT THE ECONOMIC CHALLENGES THAT HAVE BEEN AFFECTING DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD ARE BEING EXACERBATED BY ONGOING GEO-POLITICAL EVENTS. A NUMBER OF COUNTRIES IN WHICH MY JAMAT IS LIVING ARE LIKELY TO ENTER A PERIOD OF AUSTERITY THAT WILL IMPOSE PRESSURES ON NATIONAL AS WELL AS FAMILY RESOURCES.

AT THIS TIME, IT IS OF IMPORTANCE THAT ALL MY SPIRITUAL CHILDREN, IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR STATUS, SHOULD EXERCISE PRUDENCE IN MANAGING THEIR ACTIVITIES.

THE IMPACT OF GLOBAL PHENOMENA SUCH AS CLIMATE CHANGE WILL ALSO REQUIRE MY JAMATS, PARTICULARLY THOSE RESIDING IN VULNERABLE REGIONS, TO MAINTAIN VIGILANCE IN ENSURING THEIR OWN SAFETY AND WELLBEING BY TAKING MITIGATION MEASURES AS ADVISED BY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND JAMATI INSTITUTIONS.

I WILL WORK WITH THE IMAMAT INSTITUTIONS TO UNDERTAKE ALL POSSIBLE STEPS TO ANTICIPATE THESE TRENDS IN KEY AREAS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTIONS TO ASSIST THE JAMAT IN NAVIGATING A SAFE PATH THROUGH POTENTIAL CHALLENGES.

OUR TARIQAH HAS AN ADMIRABLE HISTORY OF FACING ALL SITUATIONS WITH FAITH, UNITY, SELF-RELIANCE, CARE, GENEROSITY, AND RESILIENCE AS ONE FAMILY, AND I AM CONFIDENT THAT THESE VALUES WILL SERVE MY JAMAT WELL IN ADDRESSING EMERGING ISSUES, WORK WITH THE IMAMAT INSTITUTIONS TO UNDERTAKE ALL POSSIBLE
STEPS TO ANTICIPATE THESE TRENDS IN KEY AREAS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTIONS TO ASSIST THE JAMAT IN NAVIGATING A SAFE PATH THROUGH POTENTIAL CHALLENGES.

OUR TARIQAH HAS AN ADMIRABLE HISTORY OF FACING ALL SITUATIONS WITH FAITH, UNITY, SELF-RELIANCE, CARE, GENEROSITY, AND RESILIENCE AS ONE FAMILY, AND I AM CONFIDENT THAT THESE VALUES WILL SERVE MY JAMAT WELL IN ADDRESSING EMERGING ISSUES.

I SEND MY BEST LOVING BLESSINGS TO ALL THE SPIRITUAL CHILDREN WHO HAVE SENT MESSAGES OF CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD WISHES

ON THIS OCCASION. I SEND MY MOST AFFECTIONATE LOVING BLESSINGS FOR YOUR GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS, SPIRITUAL PROGRESS, WORLDLY SUCCESS, STRENGTH OF FAITH, AND UNITY, WITH BEST LOVING BLESSINGS FOR MUSHKIL-ASAN.

YOU ARE ALL MOST PARTICULARLY IN MY HEART, IN MY THOUGHTS, AND IN MY PRAYERS.

YOURS AFFECTIONATELY,
AGA KHAN

Announcement and information shared by the Jamat’s UK Jurisdiction Council President on 13 December 2022

Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim

Dear sisters and brothers Ya Ali Madad and Khushiali Mubarak!

I am delighted to share in these joyous festivities to mark our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam's
86™ birthday.

Let me begin by offering our most humble Shukhrana to Mawlana Hazar Imam for his love, quidance, and mercy which are a source of immense strength in our lives.

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the work that the National Council and our institutions have been engaged in.

Let me begin with Mowlana Hazar Imam's aspirations for our Jamat

After an extensive study of Hazar Imam's Farmans, speeches, and guidance to UK Leadership since 2012 - our understanding of Hazar Imam's aspirations for us can be expressed in the UK National Councils vision statement and I quote:

"A Jamat with faith and ethics, united and stable, that can uplift humankind today and for generations to come”

As we plan for the future, our Imam's aspiration for the UK is that we are a Jamat which is guided by its faith and the ethies of Islam, such that we remain stable, no matter the surrounding circumstances, Stay united and serve the amat and humanity at large.

To fulfil this vision, we undertook the Check and Refresh data collection exercise and this process generated important insights.

Firstly, thank you for checking and refreshing your data.

The information you provide helps us
plan and design programmes and Mawlana Hazar Imam uses this insight to give guidance to leadership for their forward planning. As your circumstances change, please update your information in IlUK - your data is held in fullest confidence, following GDPR regulations.

The latest survey showed:

That our UK jurisdiction Jamat has increased by 70% from 11,000 murids to 27,000 in
the last 8 years.

80% of that increase has been in our European jurisdiction

We expect that by 2040 our [amati population will increase to some 45,000 murids

Moreover, We learnt that although our Jamat is broadly well, we face common and meaningtul challenges:

First: Youth and multifaith engagement in the community 1S decreasing

Second: The elderly face loneliness, reduced quality of life and difficulty accessing Jamatkhana

Third: Mental health challenges are prevalent within the Jamat

Fourth: Covid and the economic chimate are exacerbating issues of economic resilience

Fifth: households' quality of life is being challenged by inadequate housing and low annual
income

Lastly: in Europe 50% of our murids live in temporary accommodation. Many need legal support, and several have poor local language skills, face unemployment and mental health challenges.

These six concerns have become the UK National Council's key areas of focus.

Here Is a snapshot of some of the work that is being done to address these issues:

Summer camps, such as Encounters, Caring & Sharing and Al-Ummah, have played a pivotal role in our youth engagement stratepy. Given the success of these, we are expanding their scale and reach.

We have set up Brighter Horizons which provides long-term mentoring for families who require
tailored support and guidance.

Telephone link remains important & Jamat are receiving the support they need trom the senior members of the Jamat

Aspire, a confidential one-to
-one Youth mentoring programme is growing rapidly, and we are developing this further to ensure its relevance in today's world.

The Health Board is conducting extensive mental health training awarness for our Mukhi Kamadias, institutions and volunteers, and this is an expanding effort

Lastly, we launched the European Settlement Programme run by paid professionals who provide legal, employment and health advice for our sisters and brothers in Europe

The work ahead is sizeable.

We are fortunate, however, to have a Jamat of 26,000, each with unique capabilities and possibilities for serving.

We are reminded that in our Tariquah, seva or service to humanity is an act of faith and a religious responsibility - whether one is in a formal institutional position or not - we can all offer our time, knowledge, and resources in the service of others.

It could be something as simple as giving an elderly a ride to amatkhana, going over to chat or doing their errands. We could offer advice and mentoring, academic support to younger murids, or be a kind confidential listener, without judgement or criticism, Having someone to talk to works wonders tor our emottonal and mental wellbeing. We all have something to add and we should celebrate people's diverse backgrounds - whether that be ethnic, cultural, multi-faith or otherwise - for this lies at the heart of Hazar Imam's notion of a pluralistic world.

With everyday acts of seva, I believe we can go a long way to achieving Hazar Imam's vision for his murids.

In line with the notion of "everyday acts of seva" I would like to finish by sharing a few words from the AKDN ethical framework, and I quote:

“A truly enlightened society urges the care of the weak... Charity is not just sharing one's wealth. Generosity with one's intellectual, spiritual, material, or physical
wherewithal is highly commended.

The poor, the deprived and those at the margins of existence have a moral right to society's compassion... But Muslim ethics discourages a culture of dependency since it
undermines one's dignity..

I hope this has given you some insight into how our Jamat has evolved over the years, the challenges they are facing and how this is informing our work going forward.

There is a wise saying that one alone "cannot change the world, but one can cast a stone across the waters to create wauw ripples." With our everyday acts of seva we can together create many ripples of good fortune for ourselves and others - an amazing gift to Mawlana Hazar Imam on his birthday!

Thank you and Ya Ali Madad.

UK President (on behalf of the Council and the Jamat’s constitutional entities)

Farmans Programs and the Ismaili constitution are to be given to all members of the community. However, Despite Hazar Imam Aga Khan’s repeated directions, they are still not given & leaders serving the community are not responding to requests.

Link to Ismaili constitution viewtopic.php?p=70893#p70893

more guidances viewtopic.php?p=72356&sid=ebd648162617f ... cf7#p72356
mahebubchatur

Re: Salgirah (Imam's Birthday) 2022 Talika

Post by mahebubchatur »

Reflections of Hazar Imams Farman Talika guidance

By AKEPB, India* ITREB India
Sharing two short videos anchored by _Chairman Farah and Hon Sec Aly Jagmagia,_ on the recent Guidance shared on 13th December.

Both messages emphasise:

▪︎ The need for prudence (and liquidity) in view of the prolonged environment of economic uncertainty

▪︎ The need to build multiple income sources (that are not correlated), as a means of building resilience

▪︎ To up skill and focus on key sectors (tech, supply chain and AI, among others) as India’s growth story unfolds; and

▪︎ Optimism on continuing to bet on India ( _as we move towards becoming the third largest economy in the world over the next decade_).

*Chairman Farah:*
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HBndiAR ... e=youtu.be

*Aly Jagmagia:*
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uy-eofRmRxA

From Alwaez Kamaludin. ITREB Pakistan

“ Key points on the learnings from MHI Firman of 13th Dec 2022 as shared by Kamaluddin Missionary are as under

1. No need to panic, but we need to be aware
2. We need to implement strict Financial Discipline, savings, and take austerity measures.
3. Irrespective of our status, we need to be prudent and vigilant
4. If you don’t want it today. Don’t buy it today
5. To explore increasing our income
6. Special stress on Climate Change. Be vigilant. Follow the instructions from our AKDN institutions
7. Climate change is the responsibility of all individuals, and we should not depend only on Government and AKDN institutions
8. It is only through Faith, Unity, Self-reliance, Care, Generosity and Resilience as One Family, we will be able to address these emerging issues.”
Admin

Re: Salgirah (Imam's 87th Birthday)

Post by Admin »

https://thefridaytimes.com/13-Dec-2023/ ... m-aga-khan

Pakistan's Ismaili Community Celebrates 87th Birthday of Prince Karim Aga Khan
Over the years, Prince Karim Aga Khan has remained at the forefront whenever Pakistan needed him

Kamran Khamiso Khowaja
News
December 13, 2023

The Ismaili community across Pakistan on Wednesday celebrated the 87th birthday of their 49th spiritual leader Prince Karim Aga Khan.

Various events were held within the Ismaili community across the country to celebrate his life and contribution to Pakistan and the Muslim community at large.

Prince Karim Aga Khan is the grandson of Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III, who was a champion of the Muslim emancipation movement that eventually culminated in the creation of the state of Pakistan.

While he traces his roots to Egypt, his forefather moved to Iran and then to Sindh. Prince Karim Aga Khan's great-great-grandfather, Aga Hassan Ali Shah, is said to have settled in the town of Jhirk in Thatta district of Sindh in 1843. Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III was the first President of the All India Muslim League.

Often referred to as the "cordial well-wisher" of Pakistan, his followers are based in different parts of Pakistan, including in the northern areas of Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) and Chitral, and the southern districts of Thatta, Sujawal, Hyderabad, Badin and Tandoallahiyar in Sindh, have been significantly contributing to the social and economic development of this country.

Over the years, Prince Karim Aga Khan has remained at the forefront whenever Pakistan needed him. He set up a network of institutions under the umbrella of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), which has played a vital role in the country's development.

Apart from the AKDN, he set up a microfinance bank for the sustainable livelihood of poor people. The Aga Khan University has recently launched a research project in Matiari, apart from making significant advancements in the health sector in different parts of the country.

He provided assistance to the Pakistan government during the cyclone of 1999, the earthquake in 2006 in Azad Kashmir, and the flash floods of 2010.

His institutions supported the government in getting off the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) grey list.
Admin

Post by Admin »

https://www.khaama.com/global-celebrati ... velopment/

Global celebrations as Aga Khan marks 87th birthday: A legacy of humanitarian leadership and development
By
Fidel Rahmati
December 13, 2023

Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, issued the following statement on the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan: “Today, we join millions of Shia Ismaili Muslims in Canada and around the world to celebrate the 87th birthday of their spiritual leader, His Highness the Aga Khan.

Since 1957, the Aga Khan has strived to improve lives globally through the Aga Khan Development Network. His efforts focus on poverty reduction and enhancing the quality of life in disadvantaged communities, especially in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. The Aga Khan Foundation Canada collaborates with Canada to promote democracy and reduce poverty, particularly empowering women and girls by providing education, healthcare, and economic opportunities, he added.

Mr.Trudeau also emphasized that Canada’s unique relationship with the Aga Khan is highlighted by the establishment of the Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa and the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto. These institutions embody pluralism, education, and tolerance. In appreciation, Canada named him an honorary Companion of the Order of Canada and granted him honorary citizenship.

The Prime Minister of Canada said that the Government of Canada thanks the Aga Khan for his dedication to global betterment. We anticipate strengthening this bond and warmly wish him a happy birthday, “Salgirah Khushiali Mubarak!”

Prince Karim Aga Khan, the 49th Imam of the Ismaili Muslims, is renowned for his extensive humanitarian work, primarily through the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The AKDN, with a strong presence in Asia and Africa, strives to enhance the quality of life for the Ismaili community and people across diverse societies. Its initiatives encompass a range of sectors, including education, health, cultural development, and economic sustainability.

The Aga Khan’s leadership and vision have been pivotal in promoting peace, pluralism, and development around the globe. His efforts are recognized by his followers and international leaders and organizations, highlighting his commitment to fostering a more harmonious and prosperous world.

As he celebrates his 87th birthday, his followers and associates reflect on his contributions and the impact of his lifelong dedication to humanitarian causes. The Aga Khan’s work continues to inspire millions, transcending geographical and cultural boundaries and reaffirming his role as a global leader in development and philanthropy.

The AKDN’s efforts have been transformative, particularly in Afghanistan since 1996. Initially providing food aid during the civil war, the network has since committed over $1 billion in development assistance, impacting over three million people across seven provinces. This commitment spans humanitarian, economic, social, and cultural domains. Key projects include the renovation of the Kabul Hotel into the Kabul Serena, blending cultural preservation with economic development, the French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) in Kabul, a world-class health facility in Bamyan, the restoration of over 90 historic buildings including Babur Garden and Ikhtiaruddin Castle, and investment in telecom through Roshan/TDCA.

Globally, the AKDN’s mission extends to improving living conditions and opportunities for the poor, irrespective of faith, origin, or gender. It operates in over 30 countries, employing around 96,000 staff, mostly in developing countries. The network’s cultural arm, the Aga Khan Trust for Culture, is known for the Aga Khan Award for Architecture and Historic Cities Programme, and it supports the Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture at Harvard University and MIT. In East Africa, the Aga Khan Foundation mitigates educational and food scarcity, enhancing economic capacity and agricultural practices in rural regions of Kenya and Tanzania.

On this occasion, communities around the world celebrate not only his birth but also his profound legacy, which continues to shape and improve the lives of millions.

Prince Karim Aga Khan, known as Aga Khan IV, is the 49th hereditary Imam of the Ismaili Muslims, leading a global community of around 15 million followers. His role as Imam transcends religious responsibilities, involving extensive involvement in humanitarian and cultural initiatives worldwide through the Aga Khan Development Network. His leadership emphasizes unity among Ismailis and promotes broader global development and philanthropy.
Admin

Post by Admin »

https://www.conservative.ca/statement-f ... -aga-khan/

Statement From Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre On The Birthday Of His Highness The Aga Khan

Ottawa, ON – The Hon. Pierre Poilievre, Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada and the Official Opposition, released the following statement on the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan:

“Today, in Canada and across the world, Ismaili Muslims are celebrating the 87th birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan. Over the course of his extraordinary life, the Aga Khan has fought poverty, invested in healthcare, and generously funded cultural centres like the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto.

“The Aga Khan’s birthday is also an opportunity for us to celebrate the contributions that Ismaili Muslims have made to our country. Since the first wave of Ismaili Muslims arrived in Canada in the 1970s, they have dedicated themselves in business, public service and philanthropy to making Canada a stronger and more vibrant country.

“On behalf of the Conservative Party of Canada, I would like to wish the Aga Khan a happy birthday and thank Ismaili Muslims across Canada for all their contributions.

“Salgirah Khushiali Mubarak!”
mahebubchatur

Salgirah Message From Hazar Imam 13 Dec 2023

Post by mahebubchatur »

Salgirah Message 13 December 2013 👇🏽
Attachments
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg (216.11 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
d2381621-047e-4482-93f6-cdc81918ba97.jpeg
d2381621-047e-4482-93f6-cdc81918ba97.jpeg (138.8 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg (216.11 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
mahebubchatur

Video clip of the Gift presented 13 Dec 2023

Post by mahebubchatur »

Attachments
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg (63.3 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
mahebubchatur

LIF message and announcement to Global Jamat

Post by mahebubchatur »

Letter to LIF-Council - DJI

Can you please let us know why this was not read on 13 December 2023

LIF state that a delegation of senior Jamati leaders” representing the global Jamat had a meeting and a Mulakat with Hazar Imam during which the Gift was presented “in person” to Hazar Imam on behalf of the Global Jamat.

Can LIF/Council please advise-confirm

The date of the meeting - Melaka and

The names of the delegation who represented the global Jamat and presented the gift on their behalf

There were no other messages or guidance given by Hazar Imam

THE ANNOUNCEMENT
BY THE ISMAILI LEADERS' INTERNATIONAL
FORUM (LIF)

The Ismaili Leaders' International Forum is most happy to share with the Jamat that, on the occasion of Salgirah Mubarak, Wednesday the 13th of December 2023, in the course of a mulagat with a delegation of senior Jamati leaders, our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam very warmly accepted, in person, the token gift submitted by the global Jamat that was mentioned in Hazar Imam's Salgirah Talika Mubarak.

The Jamat will recollect that the gift is a historic Mughal folio depicting the prayer of Nade e-Ali, which is deeply significant in our tariqah.

At this time, Mawlana Hazar Imam expressed his appreciation of the gift, and described it as "wonderful" and "special". Hazar Imam voiced his gratitude and said: "My Jamat always spoils me. I am a very fortunate Imam. It is for the Imam to spoil the Jamat".

The leaders responded that the Imam always spoils the Jamat, adding that the Jamat is blessed that the Imam is always with them.

Mawlana Hazar Imam asked the leaders to convey his best blessings to the global Jamat, and that the Jamat is always in the Imam's thoughts and prayers.

Mawlana Hazar Imam bestowed blessings for mushkil-asaan and for peace and security.

Referring to the recently completed process of making new appointments for all the Jamati institutions globally, Mawlana Hazar Imam conveyed best blessings for their success in their responsibilities.

All Jamati institutions extend a warm Mubarak to the Jamat for Mawlana Hazar Imam's benevolent blessings as conveyed above.

Announcement Read on 29 December 2023 - UK Jamat