Horse Racing

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.
Admin

Re: Horse Racing

Post by Admin »

Cartier Awards : Baaeed sacré cheval de l'année 2022

2022, November 9: Princess Zahra awarded Cartier Award Wednesday in a ceremony held at Dorchester Hotel in London for her horse Vadeni being the best over 3 years!

Par
Liz Price
Publié le 10/11/2022 à 00:11

© BRIENSPHOTO.COM

Mercredi soir, lors d'une soirée somptueuse à l'hôtel Dorchester à Londres, Baaeed a reçu le prix Cartier cheval de l’année. Le fils de Sea The Stars, lui-même récipiendaire de ce prix en 2009, reçoit cette récompense après avoir dominé les groupes I disputé sur le mile, dont les Lockinge Stakes, Queen Anne Stakes et Sussex Stakes, ainsi que les Juddmonte International Stakes, une compétition longue de 2.000 mètres. Entraîné par William Haggas et appartenant à Shadwell Estate, il bat des chevaux comme Alpinista, la lauréate du Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, ainsi que Kyprios et Highfield Princess. Dans la catégorie des 3 ans, c’est le français Vadeni, entraîné par Jean-Claude Rouget et appartenant à SA Aga Khan, qui reçoit le Prix Cartier grâce à ses succès dans le Prix du Jockey Club, les Eclipse Stakes et sa deuxième place dans le Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. Il devance Desert Crown, le vainqueur du derby, puis Coroebus et Modern Games. Dans la catégorie des pouliches de 3 ans, c'est Inspiral qui est honoré, tandis que Kyprios est couronné meilleur stayer et Highfield Princess meilleur sprinter. Chez les 2 ans, c'est Blackbeard qui reçoit le prix pour les poulains et Lezoo pour les pouliches. Quant à l'éleveuse Kirsten Rausing, qui a élevé Alpinista, elle a reçu le prix du mérite.

-------------------------

www.theirishfield.ie

Princess Zahra Aga Khan presented with the 2022 Cartier Award for Vadeni

Princess Zahra Aga Khan was presented with the Cartier Three-Year-Year-Old Colt Award by the Racing Post's Alan Btrne for Vadeni, who captured the Group 1 Qatar Prix du Jockey Club-French Derby and the Coral-Eclipse in addition to finishing second in the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. The colt will remain in trainig.

Jean-Claude Rouget said: "Vadeni did something special in the Prix du Jockey Club and that was why we decided to go to Sandown, where he won well too. After that we gave him a little break and he was a bit short of condition at Leopardstown, before running well again in the Arc. I hope that we can be champion next year."

Admin

Post by Admin »

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/i ... a-webinar/

ITBF Showing Aga Khan Film Via Webinar

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 2:59 pm | Back to: Europe, Shared News Europe

The film Aga Khan Studs–A Centenary of Success will be streamed as part of the annual global webinar of the International Thoroughbred Breeders' Federation (ITBF) at noon on Jan. 19. The film celebrates the Aga Khan's breeding and racing achievements over the past 100 years. Presented by journalist, author and television broadcaster, Brough Scott, the presentation examines the involvement of the Aga Khan Royal Family over four generations.

Attendees can then take part in a live Q&A session with Georges Rimaud, the Aga Khan Studs' French manager. A veterinary section of the webinar will follow, covering EHV-1 Neurological Form, presented by Prof. Anne Courouce of Nantes University. Imparting first-hand experience, she will delineate lessons learned from the 2021 outbreak within the sports horse sector in Valencia, as well as how to manage, contain and move forward, plus how to guard against a potentially devastating outbreak will also be examined.

The annual ITBF webinar is a free live event and a link will be provided to those who register, which can be used regardless of time zone.
Admin

Prince Charles called the Aga Khan to help a Meath teenage business

Post by Admin »

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/news-extra/pri ... -business/

Prince Charles called the Aga Khan to help a Meath teenage business

Thursday, May 4th, 2023 3:04pm

By Louise Walsh

Meath sisters Annie and Kate Madden of FenuHealth will be watching the Coronation this weekend as the Prince becomes the new King of England

Prince Charles once made a phone call to the Aga Khan to try and help promote an award-winning equine health business by then teenage entrepreneurs

Meath sisters Annie and Kate Madden of FenuHealth will be watching the Coronation this weekend as the Prince becomes the new King of England

The sibling entrepreneurs were just teenagers when they met with Prince Charles and Camilla and believe the new King will 'genuinely' care for all in his role.

Since then, they export their natural supplements for horses business internationally and can count five Royal families among their clients.

"We met him a few times publically. I think the first time was in Aras an Uachtarain when we were invited by President Michael D Higgins. I think I was 16 and Kate was 17 at the time," said Annie

"We only talked to him for a few minutes about the product. Camilla is much more into horses so she was really curious about what we were doing but he cared enough to show an interest and hear what we were doing.

"The second time we met him was at the British Ambassador's residence some months later. Prince Charles spotted us from across the room and came over.

"He said," Girls, how are you? " I made a phone call to the Aga Khan for you and told him about your product!" We couldn't believe he even remembered us, never mind doing that for us.

"We have kept in touch ever since, more so with Camilla. We're not on their speed dial or anything but there have been letters and emails . We are certainly not on top of their priority list but it's nice to have a connection.

"Charles and Camilla are really genuine and warm people and they couldn't have been nicer to us.

"Regardless of what people think of the Monarchy, the Coronation is a big occasion and I think Charles will do whatever he can do for the British people

"It's not the nicest job in the world and I think they deserve more credit for what they do, as they are under scrutiny from the public the whole time. We will certainly be supporting them."

Kate and Annie have come a long way since they founded FenuHealth in 2014 to develop their award-winning horse food supplement for stomach issues.

They were winners of the 2017 New Frontiers Award at the Irish Times Innovation Awards and both were awarded Quercus Scholarships for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in UCC.

Annie is the current Enterprise Ireland Student Entrepreneur of the Year and Kate was previously the leading Female GSEA Winner.

As well as managing the business, Kate (22) now works in the Accountancy and Consultancy field while 21 year old Annie is studying Law and Business and is the current President of the Irish, British and American Junior Chamber of Commerce.
Admin

Zahra Aga Khan at the Horse Racing 2023-05-07

Post by Admin »

Zahra Aga Khan at the Horse Racing 2023-05-07

VIDEO LINK: https://ismaili.net/timeline/2023/2023- ... e-race.mp4

https://www.longfordleader.ie/news/spor ... ation.html

Weld and Aga Khan earn Leopardstown compensation

09 May 2023

The Aga Khan may have been narrowly denied Qipco 1000 Guineas success at Newmarket, but there was at least some compensation at Leopardstown, where the owner enjoyed a double.

Whereas the vanquished Rowley Mile runner-up Tahiyra has already proven herself as a top-class operator, trainer Dermot Weld and the owner could have another on their hands in Azazat, who built on an encouraging third at the Dublin track last month to win the Captain Dara Fitzpatrick Memorial Maiden in impressive fashion.

The Camelot filly, sent off the 4-6 favourite, relished the move up to a mile-and-a-half and holds some exciting options moving forward, with entries in the Betfred Oaks and Irish equivalent at the Curragh. Ascot’s Ribblesdale Stakes is also a possibility, with her sights set to be raised on her next start.

Another winner for @AgaKhanStuds
as AZAZAT storms to victory in the Captain Dara Fitzpatrick Memorial Maiden for trainer Dermot Weld under @ctkjockey

“Colin was very happy with her,” said Kris Weld, assistant trainer to his father. “We took a gamble on two fronts, firstly taking on the colts and secondly, the rain overnight turning the ground close to heavy wasn’t ideal for her.

“They are getting through it and the timing of the race suited well, so we let her take her chance.

“She’s entered in the Ribblesdale and the Oaks. We’ll take it step by step and maybe a race like the Naas Oaks Trial might fit in her programme. She’s a nice filly going forward.”

Also in the colours of the renowned owner, Johnny Murtagh’s Sharlouk (6-5 favourite) broke his duck at the third time of asking in the opening John R Fitzpatrick Agricultural Contractor Maiden.

“He’s improving and probably didn’t stay the distance the last time. He travels like a very good horse in behind. He’s still learning,” said Murtagh.

“He’s a big, gross horse so I think he’ll improve with a bit of racing, but he has an engine.

“I’ve no firm plans but I’ll speak with Pat (Downes, racing manager) and the team.

“He cruises very well and, being by Zoustar, you would like to thing he would handle better ground as well.”

However, the owner missed out on a treble when Aidan O’Brien’s Warm Heart (13-8 favourite) claimed the other maiden on the card – the 10-furlong Clayton Hotel Leopardstown Fillies Maiden – by a length-and-a- quarter.

She was cut from 25-1 from 33-1 by Betfair for the Oaks and connections hope she could become a stakes performer in time.

“She’s a lovely filly and had two nice runs in maidens,” said Chris Armstrong, representing O’Brien.

“Coming here we thought she’d be very competitive stepping up in trip and Wayne (Lordan) gave her a lovely ride. It was a proper-run maiden from start to finish.

“She is a filly with plenty of class and one to look forward to over that trip. She could get a bit further, but there are plenty of lovely races for her at a mile and a quarter.

“Hopefully she is a stakes filly in the making.”
Admin

Post by Admin »

2023, June 23: King Charles presents the Royal Ascot Coronation Stakes Cup to Princess Zahra after Mawlana Hazar Imam’s horse Tahiyra won the race this afternoon. Brilliant filly! Tahiyra is all class in the Coronation! Tahiyra was way too good for her rivals as she powered to win the Coronation Stakes for Chris Hayes and Dermot Weld at Royal Ascot.

VIDEO of Princess Zahra: https://ismaili.net/timeline/2023/2023- ... hyira1.mp4

VIDEO of the horse-race : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FViOctoovBk

Admin

Royal Ascot 2023 June 24 Interview Princess Zahra Aga Khan

Post by Admin »

2023, June 24 : Equidia 14h - " C’était très touchant de voir Tahiyra gagner les Coronation Stakes " La Princesse Zahra Aga Khan est revenue à notre micro sur la très belle victoire d’hier à l’occasion du meeting de Royal Ascot, ainsi que sur la réussite des @AgaKhanStuds lors de cette semaine.

VIDEO: http://ismaili.net/timeline/2023/2023-0 ... -zahra.mp4

Admin

Royal Ascot Tahyira 2023-06-23 Princess Zahra Aga Khan

Post by Admin »

https://theownerbreeder.com/stories/cor ... h-tahiyra/

The Aga Khan’s filly survives stewards’ enquiry to claim feature contest at Royal Ascot
By The Owner Breeder staff 23 June 2023

The Tahiyra team celebrate victory in the Coronation Stakes | Photo: Bill Selwyn

Dermot Weld was back in the Royal Ascot winner’s enclosure for the first time in eight years when Tahiyra, owned by the Aga Khan, showcased her superb turn of foot to take the Group 1 Coronation Stakes (1m), the headline race on Friday’s Royal Ascot card.

Winner of the Irish 1,000 Guineas after chasing home Mawj in the 1,000 Guineas at Newmarket, the daughter of Siyouni, who is a half-sister to her owner’s outstanding performer Tarnawa, was settled at the rear of the six-runner field by Chris Hayes as Meditate and Ryan Moore set the space.

As the field turned into the home straight, Hayes eased Tahiyra to the outside and she swept past her rivals, albeit hanging slightly right, in the process hampering Remarquee and Rob Hornby.

Remarquee rallied but could only close to within a length of Tahiyra at the line and while a stewards’ enquiry was held to look into interference between the first two, the places remained unaltered. Sounds Of Heaven claimed third under Ronan Whelan, a neck further back.

Weld, who previously captured the Coronation Stakes with Sutton Place in 1978, said: “I have been very fortunate. I’ve won many Group 1s around the world, I think this is my 18th Group race to win here at Royal Ascot. I have been very fortunate in life.

“I was a little bit concerned in the early part of the race, but Chris did the right thing to take her back. Plan B came into action, which was to take your time – it’s a long straight at Ascot and she has brilliant speed, and that’s what he did.

“I suppose she’s learning more about racing, she’s getting more professional. I thought she won fair and square. She and her sister are different. Her sister was unbelievably tough, stayed really well, won the Breeders’ Cup Turf and those two very good Group 1s in France for me. And she was beaten a neck in the Arc in ground that was just too dead for her on the day.

“Her sister was a brilliant racemare and this one is equally good. They are different sorts, this one has more pace. I enjoy so much training these fillies, I know the families and do my best to train them.”

North Yorkshire trainer Julie Camacho celebrated a first Royal Ascot winner and Group 1 success when Shaquille recovered from an awful start to lift the Commonwealth Cup (6f) under Oisin Murphy.

Despite rearing as the stalls opened, which put the son of Charm Spirit literally on the back foot, he made relentless headway on the far side to hit the front with half a furlong to run and see off favourite Little Big Bear by a length and a quarter.

Camacho said: “I thought, ‘well that’s it, he’s blown his chance’. I’ve just watched it live and would like to go back and watch it properly – he was good, wasn’t he?

“It’s massive. We never thought we would train a Group 1 winner, not at Royal Ascot anyway, and for Martin [Hughes, owner] it’s massive. He bred him. We’ve got his mother at home, his siblings, and dad looks after the stud, so I’m sure he was screaming at home.”

Amo Racing’s King Of Steel backed up his superb second place in the Derby at Epsom with a most taking success in the Group 2 King Edward VII Stakes (1m4f).

Kevin Stott bided his time on the sizable son of Wootton Bassett as Dubai Mile and Artistic Star kept each other company up front but once produced with his effort two furlongs out the result was seriously impressive, powering clear of toiling rivals to see off Continuous by three and half lengths.

It was a second success of the week for Kia Joorabchian’s Amo Racing having struck with 150-1 chance Valiant Force in the Group 2 Norfolk Stakes on Thursday.

King Of Steel and Kevin Stott romp home in the King Edward VII Stakes | Photo: Bill Selwyn

Trainer Roger Varian said: “It is a relief! When they run so big in the Derby, you want them to back it up. We were confident King Of Steel would, but this is horseracing!

“We went on the signs that the horse was giving us. Raul Da Silva has done a wonderful job riding this horse most mornings, as has the whole team at home.

“I am delighted for Kia [Joorabchian], and was delighted that Kia got his winner yesterday, it took a bit of the pressure off us!

“I am delighted for the horse – he is a beautiful horse and, for a big horse, he is so agile. He confirmed today what he did in the Derby, which is very satisfying.”

Frankie Dettori’s excellent week continued with a double on Porta Fortuna (Group 3 Albany Stakes) and Coppice (Sandringham Stakes) while Hollie Doyle notched her second win of Royal Ascot 2023 aboard the Archie Watson-trained Rhythm N Hooves in the closing Palace of Holyroodhouse Handicap for the Cool Silk Partnership.

While Donnacha O’Brien was tasting a first Royal Ascot success with Porta Fortuna, his brother Joseph also hit the bullseye when Okita Soushi claimed the Duke of Edinburgh Stakes under Ryan Moore.

kmaherali

Music in praise of horse

Post by kmaherali »

Niki Misal (Matchless) | Khowar Song | Babar Singh | Azhar U Azhar | Hakim Sarwar | Mazuz | Hamayun

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4P0Typq_5c

The song "Niki Misal (Matchless)" is a groundbreaking work in the Khowar language, penned by lyricist Azhar Uddin Azhar, and brought to life by vocalist Babar Singh. The music production is helmed by Mazuz, while post-production duties are shared between Hamayun Zaki and Mazuz.

Recorded and filmed in Booni, Upper Chitral, Pakistan, the music video offers more than just auditory delights.

Featured in the video are two individuals—Babar Singh, the vocalist behind the Khowar song, and a special guest appearance by Hakim Sarwar. Sarwar is a celebrated polo player from Chitral, Pakistan, whose career spans multiple decades. He is particularly renowned for leading Chitral's polo team as a captain in the Shandur Polo Festival, a major annual event played on the world's highest polo ground, the Shandur Polo ground. This iconic field is situated on the Shandur Pass, a gateway between Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral. Sarwar's leadership has consistently brought triumph to his teams, including Chitral Scouts A, Chitral A Team, Sub-Division Mastuj Team, and Police Polo Team.

Though Sarwar retired three years ago, he returned to the field by our very special request for the shooting of this music video. His skill is undiminished by time; he scored two goals in the match featured in the video. Polo, especially the freestyle variant, enjoys immense popularity in the region, particularly in Chitral, where it's followed fervently.

The music video is set to be a unique contribution to Khowar language content, offering an unprecedented blend of cultural richness and artistic quality.

-----

Niki Misal (Matchless)
Khowar Song