Concept of Azaan in Ismailism

Discussion on R&R from all regions
arzimood

Concept of Azaan in Ismailism

Post by arzimood »

Ya Ali Madad to all..
i wanted to know as to how has azaan transformed in our practice. it is that every day b4 dua in evening we recite Asha Jee(Annant Akharo) does that symbolizes azaan?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ya Ali Madad,

An interesting way of considering Anant Akhado! It never crossed my mind when I was translating it. In my opinion it could serve as an Azaan.

If one considers the "varanni" - refrain that we recite after each verse, that is, "Hari Anant Anant Hari Anant tejo sami shah..." which translates as "Hari the eternal one, Hari the lord of the countless ones", one is invited to participate in the timeless gathering of the countless liberated ones and hence to felicity.

Consider the verses that we normally recite at that time:

Aashaajee Sandhyaa velaa tame mat koi chuko
eh chhe Gur-nee endhaannee jee
ehi velaa tam-ne deedhee
keedhee te deen nee baaree..............Haree anant..252

Oh Lord Don't miss(the prayers) at the time of the command
This is the sign(seal) of the Guide(upon your soul)
That time is given to you
and it is the gateway to(window of) religion( and hence to success and felicity)
Haree You are eternal...

A typical Azaan would recite "Hayaa Salaat, Hayaa Falaa" which would translate as "Come to prayer, come to success or felicity".
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

In my opinion there is not any concept of Azan in Ismailism. Azaan is not among the obligatory principles of Islam like Dua or Prayer. It was for that period of time 1400 years ago when there were no clock or hand watches but now adays every one can see the time of prayer in hand watch that its the time of dua so there is not any need for calling out loudly azan.
arzimood

Post by arzimood »

YAM
i agree there is not need... but still there are certain things that have transformed in our practices lately n we ofcourse can brainstorm over them. if there is no such azan practice in our religion then when has it been put off(not a good word but cant think of anything else, sorry) n wht is the significance of Annant Akharo wwhich has same meanins as azan.
i realize it a very good practice that in our religion, people do not have t o called to offer prayers for themselves.. but they realize themselves their responsibilities n turn up in time.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

arzimood wrote:YAM
i agree there is not need... but still there are certain things that have transformed in our practices lately n we ofcourse can brainstorm over them. if there is no such azan practice in our religion then when has it been put off(not a good word but cant think of anything else, sorry) n wht is the significance of Annant Akharo wwhich has same meanins as azan.
i realize it a very good practice that in our religion, people do not have t o called to offer prayers for themselves.. but they realize themselves their responsibilities n turn up in time.
How about the Bando..we don't have it anymore..but i remember the Bando really well.

Shams
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ShamsB wrote: How about the Bando..we don't have it anymore..but i remember the Bando really well.

Shams
I remember it as well. Back in East Africa in those days, murids would gather in JamatKhana compounds and corridors to chat before Dua and when Bando was heard, they would rush to the prayer hall for Dua. In that sense it was like Azaan.

However recently that need has been eliminated as murids come directly to prayer hall. The other function of Bando was to signal us to compose ourselves for Dua. This can be fulfilled by Ashaji verses which upon further reflection, I believe can serve as 'Batini' Azaan - call to the esoteric practices of our tradition beginning with Dua and Dasond leading to success or salvation.

For significance of Anant akhaado, you may want to go to:

Ginans --> ashaji of this forum.
s786

Post by s786 »

I have recited/yelled Bando myself in Jamatkhana (Vancouver), about 10 years ago. In my recent visit to Africa in March, I heard the Bando everyday in Kampala's Jamatkhana. The "jamatbhai" recites/yells it
arehmat

Re: Concept of Azaan in Ismailism

Post by arehmat »

arzimood wrote:Ya Ali Madad to all..<BR>i wanted to know as to how has azaan transformed in our practice. it is that every day b4 dua in evening we recite Asha Jee(Annant Akharo) does that symbolizes azaan?
<BR>yah ali madad <BR>well i just want to know that you are saying .<BR>Asha Jee Ginan hase the symbole of AAZAAN in our ismaili concept.<BR>if so why you do not recite it in the morning.we also have AZaan in the morning according to the concept of Islam.<BR>thanks yah ali madad .<BR>Reply me
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

arehmat wrote:
arzimood wrote:Ya Ali Madad to all..<BR>i wanted to know as to how has azaan transformed in our practice. it is that every day b4 dua in evening we recite Asha Jee(Annant Akharo) does that symbolizes azaan?
<BR>yah ali madad <BR>well i just want to know that you are saying .<BR>Asha Jee Ginan hase the symbole of AAZAAN in our ismaili concept.<BR>if so why you do not recite it in the morning.we also have AZaan in the morning according to the concept of Islam.<BR>thanks yah ali madad .<BR>Reply me
can you please quote me the verse of the quran where azaan is mentioned?

Shams
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Azan is not among the principles of Islam. Its just tradition for that particular period of time to keep people aware for the timings of prayers.
ahsatan

Post by ahsatan »

YAM,

Azaan means a call to prayer. Back in the days, when Islam was spreading quickly, they needed to call Muslims for prayers. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) held a meeting, and several ideas were rejected, but finally the Holy Prophet called upon Bilal bin Riyah to say the first Azaan, which he taught to him.

The main objective of the Azaan was to call people for prayers. It was necessarily back in the day, but it is not anymore. We can now keep track of the time ourselves and know when to go to jamat khana and when to pray Dua'a.

Bando was not replacement for the Azaan, it is known as iqama. In many mosques, the Muazzin (person who recites the Azaan/Adhaan) announces, "Qadd Qamatis Sala", which means stand for prayer. Everytime the Jamat Bhai says Bando, it means the prayer is ready.

I hope this helps.

- tashh
hemani

Post by hemani »

Azaan- Azaan means call to prayers. In the time of Prophet Mohamed when he established the congregation prayers before the masjid was established he advised that it is the responsibility of the Leader( imam mustekar) who leads the prayer, should call all others to prayers. As discussed by some one else herebefore Bilal was asked to say Azaan. His voice was so pleasant to ears that he continued thereon for his life time.
In Shia before the split with Ithanashree the tradition continued. AS our Jamatkhana were established ( see Dubai Speech how this changed over a period) the system took a new approach. In Indian continent Pir Sadardeen introduced Jamatbhai to make call.
Two minutes before starting the recitation of Dua, Mukhi will call upon Jamatbhai and he will respond " Bando" means I am ready. THen he will go out in the corridor and call loudly " DUA KE RASO ALLAHMAHERIA" means BY mercy of Allah join the prayer(dua). This continued in Canada also. At one point in time (Mukhi?) introduced ringing of the "bell" instead of Jamatbhai. This was immediately stopped by our institution that this was not in our tradition. After that they continued calling Jamatbhai. Just as our community became more responsible they entered the hall as soon as they arrived. THe Leaders decided that we do not need to call Jamatbhai. THis did niot sit well. So now Mukhi Kamadia decided to stop the Ginan before two minutes. However when we stand up for Tasbih Mukhisahebs holds the amra for a minute or so to allow letecomers to join in.
( It may also be a reason that the leaders thought that it was old fashion). Reciting Ashajee three stanzaz is not Azaan. It is an explanation of the necessity and the significance of three prayers. The fourth & fifth Stanza signify the BaitulKhayal & Dasond.
It is my belief and understanding that we should not limit recitation to three stanzas only. Ahsajee has a wide perspective and a greater significance. . Many Ginans are cut off at two or three stanzaz limiting the understanding of the message in Ginan. I hope some one will stand up and clarify this
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

hemani wrote: It is my belief and understanding that we should not limit recitation to three stanzas only. Ahsajee has a wide perspective and a greater significance. . Many Ginans are cut off at two or three stanzaz limiting the understanding of the message in Ginan. I hope some one will stand up and clarify this
I agree with you that we should not limit the recitation of Ginans to a few verses only. We can miss the context and the entire message sometimes. I was merely suggesting that in absence of 'bando', the recitation of some appropriate verses may serve as reminders or means of preparing us for our Dua and other ceremonies. Ventis can also be very useful in this regard.
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Reply to Admin. for his post dated April23, 2005. Admin. blocked the thread on topic Azaan, I do not know why they are scared.

Admin. wrote," Yes Allah can forgive unless he allows his mukhi to that.'

Reply by Mazhar,
At least you people admitted that forgiver of sins is Allah.
Mukhis are not fana fi Allah so they do not have that status. In Europe, Canada, and USA, I have not seen Jamait Mukhi even present in JK mostly in the morning Baitul khayal mukhi is the master of ceremonies in morning. Has he the same powers? BK mukhi is appointed by counsil and not by Imam.
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Nobody has power to forgive sins except Suprime God. ( Muslims call him Allah or Khuda)
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

zznoor wrote:
Nobody has power to forgive sins except Suprime God. ( Muslims call him Allah or Khuda)
This is for both Mazhar and ZZnoor.
And we call him Ali or the living Imam.

And Mazhar - Mukhi can forgive sins - because HE IS GIVEN THE AUTHORITY by THE IMAM.
even baiytul Khayal Mukhi - his authority when on Paath representing the appointed Mukhi.

Pir in ginan (not that either of you believe in the pir - though Mazhar forgets that hazar imam is our pir as well)..says
"Gath na kaha narji maane - tene madhan ma na puchaye"

Mazhar - you practise your ismailism your way -why are you on a crusade like zznoor to make everyone follow and believe what you do?

Who/what gives you the authority to judge?
You don't like what/how we practise - join zznoor - though she still seeks validation.

Mazhar - as an ismaili - you need to study the du'a - especially the third part where we are told to seek at the time of difficulties the help of our lord shah karim al huseini....don't like seeking his help or his forgiveness...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Shams
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
It is tradition among khojasatleast in my family.When a newborn child is born.An elder of the family says softly/whisper the Ismaili Kalima into the ears of new born Ismaili.

There IS ANY AYAT IN QURAN 83:24.
I HAVE MENTIONED IS IN TOPIC OF RUHANI ROSHNI.

as I have mentioned that I observe glow of light on the face of ismaili every morning i attend the JK.
iN FACT I OBSErVED THAT today morning also.

We have to learn to identify the souls of the persons( a farman of Imam SMS) .

I feel haqiqati members of the forum may try it as they i fell are nearer n also the part of that light (noor).

A ismaili child of 2-3 month old who does not have any thinking sense at that age.
Just show the photograph of Hazar Imam ans say he is Ya Ali bappa.
The photo, the word ALI n father hits the soul of that ismaili child.
One can observe the light beaming up on the face n smile on the face of the child.
Is the noble soul of ismaili which recognize the Imam.
This IF POSSIBLE try to video graph it to review it again.
Same is is also seen on dead body when are reciting salvat around it.

his Ayat is so unique that is say it is way those who are nearest to GOd/ali.

Inshallah in near future the observation of this Ayat will open up n billions
would embrace Ismailism
As per imam SMS farman,One snap of fingers of ALI,his noorani momins then will have grater ability to show truth on ground level n some with miraculous power to show the world n lead them to ALI.
It may be couple of generations away.
Our ismailism is a beautiful faith of Intellect,light, fidai ,noorani.
Is is not bogged to shariati words n fancy words like azaan,black stone,
formless n unimaginable.
If God is supposed to be formless n out of imagination than I can prove logically n also legally that Azaan is a boogey call( a fake call).

If one observes there were three facets of holy book.
first war the author ( ALI) the narrator (prophet) and the publisher
( the rightful khalif).
If politics did happened .which facet has the most chance to play mischief

Please observe closely that Hz.Ali acknowledged the holy book n not totally accepted it contents even then and same status stayed till now.
There is world of difference in legal parlance on definition n interpretation
of the word acceptance n acknowledgement.

If any member can give their feedback of any ismaili new born child.
It is not just the child but a blessed noble soul of million years.
SEARCH for that,God will be with you for that observation.
Move upwards constant light come from sky n not from six feet underground.
All these ritual n symbols are all falling apart.

200 years ago the mantra was
'lord is my shepherd'
the present mantra is
'App is my shepherd.'
Debate n POV on this can be educative than counter posting the copy paste of the past
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

ShamsB wrote:
zznoor wrote:
This is for both Mazhar and ZZnoor.
And we call him Ali or the living Imam.

And Mazhar - Mukhi can forgive sins - because HE IS GIVEN THE AUTHORITY by THE IMAM.
even baiytul Khayal Mukhi - his authority when on Paath representing the appointed Mukhi.

Pir in ginan (not that either of you believe in the pir - though Mazhar forgets that hazar imam is our pir as well)..says
"Gath na kaha narji maane - tene madhan ma na puchaye"

Mazhar - you practise your ismailism your way -why are you on a crusade like zznoor to make everyone follow and believe what you do?

Who/what gives you the authority to judge?
You don't like what/how we practise - join zznoor - though she still seeks validation.

Mazhar - as an ismaili - you need to study the du'a - especially the third part where we are told to seek at the time of difficulties the help of our lord shah karim al huseini....don't like seeking his help or his forgiveness...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Shams

Reply to Shams,

Pir Sadruddin in his ginan has mentioned the qualities of jamait Mukhi and no where he has mentioned BK mukhi. Dear sir, can mukhi forgive any rapist, murderer, cheater, digest money of others and refuse to pay back, or other ethical values!! Currently I am visiting USA, and was told two events in which jamaiti mukhi refuse to pay back money he owed to his Ismaili business partner. What you will say about those mukhis, still they have the power to forgive. I have visited USA, Canada and some parts of Europe, there I learnt about 30%+ mukhi kaamdias are drinkers.
What you will say about them. An important point who appointed them.
Shams ji, you are a scholar and well informed person. Let me ask you;
Which Imam gave us current new Du'a, reply will be MSMS.
Which Imam changed Ali sahi Allah to Aliullah, reply will be MSMS.
Which Imam explained the meaning of Aliullah ie. Ali is from Allah, reply is Shah Karim al Hussaini. Am I correct? If you have some extra information enlighten me.
Ali is every thing for me but not Allah. If some one says Ali is Allah, I do not mind that is his/her iman. I am not forcing any thing on any one.
You mentioned 3rd part of Du'a ' tawassalu 'indal massa'ib'but you are forgeting last paragraph of 1st part," Allahuma salli ala muhamadini Mustafa-------- till end". In 4rth part, Allahumagfir lana------ till end".
6th part, After kul huwallahu Ahad," Allahuma bihaqqi Muhammadinil Mustafa, wa Aliyinil Murtadha--------, than holy names of Imams, saying,
Allahuma bihaqqi Mowlana Ali---- till end again last paragraph of 6th part,
wa bihaqqi Moulana wa imamnil ------- till end." Sir I know meaning of Du'a very well you need to pay attention what Arabic words speak.
In Du'a the word BIHAQQI IS CRUCIAL, USED 5 TIMES, AND MEANING OF BIHAQQI IS WASILA, ZARIYA, SADQEY ME.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

mazhar wrote: I have visited USA, Canada and some parts of Europe, there I learnt about 30%+ mukhi kaamdias are drinkers.
What you will say about them. An important point who appointed them. .
I think it should not be of concern what the MK's do. What should matter is their role as MK and your relationship with them. The rest is between them and the Imam.
mazhar wrote: Which Imam changed Ali sahi Allah to Aliullah, reply will be MSMS.
Which Imam explained the meaning of Aliullah ie. Ali is from Allah, reply is Shah Karim al Hussaini. Am I correct? If you have some extra information enlighten me. .
Why do you keep mentioning this over and over when we have gone through this before.
Do you think that by changing "Ali Sahi Allah" to "Aliullah" the Imam changed himself? Or was the change due to changed conditions? The essence does not change but the expression can change.
What about the notion of Mazhar of Allah or the 1966 Farman. Don't just consider one statement.
mazhar wrote: Ali
Sir I know meaning of Du'a very well you need to pay attention what Arabic words speak.
In Du'a the word BIHAQQI IS CRUCIAL, USED 5 TIMES, AND MEANING OF BIHAQQI IS WASILA, ZARIYA, SADQEY ME.
Today you have been told that the Imam is both the Shah and the Pir. You keep repeating the same things although they have been explained many times!
Admin

Post by Admin »

kmaherali wrote:
mazhar wrote: I have visited USA, Canada and some parts of Europe, there I learnt about 30%+ mukhi kaamdias are drinkers.
What you will say about them. An important point who appointed them. .
I think Mazhar's agenda is very clear from this sentence, he is there only to make sure that people searching in google think that Ismailis are a bunch of stupid people and their Imam appoints drunken people to represent him.

Mazhar, you can not do a mockery eternally of our faith. At least not here on this Forum. We are open minded and very tolerant of people's opinion but you have crossed the boundary. Your account has been deleted.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

A paragraph from the book ' A Brief History of Ismailim by late Alwaiz Abu Ali.

" Imam Hussain was born on Thursday the third of Sha'ban, 4 A.H (February, 626) in Medina. He was immediately placed after birth, in the arms of Holy
Prophet who announced AZAN in his right ear and AQAMAT in the left...."

A Brief History of Ismailim; author, Late Alwaiz Abu Ali; Published in 1974 and page # 30.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

A Call to Prayer, or Noise Pollution? Israel Targets Mosque Loudspeakers

LOD, Israel — It would be easy to miss the mosque in a temporary building with a concrete floor and corrugated roof. But it is impossible to miss the constellation of six loudspeakers atop a giant metal structure resembling the Eiffel Tower.

Five times a day, starting well before dawn, these loudspeakers broadcast the muezzin’s call to prayer in Lod, a city of Arabs and Jews near Ben-Gurion International Airport, and therein lies one more friction point in a country full of them. One group’s expression of faith is another’s noise pollution, and Israel’s government is planning a crackdown.

A proposal backed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and initially endorsed this week by his ministers would authorize the government to ban the use of loudspeakers by mosques and other houses of worship across Israel. For many on both sides of the nation’s sectarian line, few questions could prove more provocative than whether the muezzin should be muzzled.

“The call to prayer is a symbol of Islam,” said Adel Elfar, the imam of the Lod mosque, one of several that have been controversial here. “This is something that’s existed for 1,426 years.” He said that he could hear bells from a Christian church in town and that Jewish residents drove around the city every couple of months broadcasting from loudspeakers on their vehicles. “The call of every religion, if you get rid of extremism, shouldn’t bother anybody,” he added.

And yet it does. Among those bothered is Lod’s mayor, Yair Revivo, who is Jewish and announced last month that the city would broadcast the Shema, a central prayer that begins “Hear O Israel,” to counter the mosques’ call.

The first of Islam’s five daily prayers begins before dawn, noted Col. Motti Yogev, a member of Parliament who introduced the new ban. “The goal of the law is to prevent people’s sleep from being disturbed,” he said. “We have no desire to harm the prayer of the Muslims.”

The fight over the muezzin underscores a fundamental societal challenge for Israel beyond its conflict with Palestinians living in Gaza or the occupied West Bank. About 20 percent of Israel’s citizens are Arabs, and cities like Lod, where about a third of the nearly 73,000 residents are Arab, perennially struggle to find a comfortable balance. The conflict has also grown in Jerusalem, which is divided between largely Jewish and Arab communities.

The proposed ban, approved on Sunday by Mr. Netanyahu’s ministers and sent to Parliament, has drawn denunciations from Jordan and the Palestinian Authority. In a sign of the complexity of the issue, it drew surprise opposition on Tuesday from Israel’s ultra-Orthodox health minister, Yaakov Litzman, who temporarily blocked parliamentary debate and sent the issue back to the ministers because it might also affect the use of sirens to announce the beginning of the Jewish Sabbath.

Ahmad Tibi, a leader of the Arab members of the Israeli Parliament, or Knesset, said Mr. Netanyahu was inflaming anti-Muslim sentiments. “If the muezzin law passes the Knesset, I call on the Arab public in Israel to rise up; I call for a civil popular uprising,” he told a Lebanese television outlet. “All Muslims must be called to protect mosques, to defend the calls from the mosques.”

Amnon Beeri-Sulitzeanu of the Abraham Fund Initiatives, a nonprofit organization that promotes coexistence between Jews and Arabs, said the proposal conflicted with Mr. Netanyahu’s recent drive to increase investment in Arab communities to reduce gaps in educational and economic opportunities.

“You see those two conflicting trends yet again, which basically tells me that the Israeli establishment still hasn’t made up its mind in regard to its Arab citizens,” he said. “What do we want from the Arab Palestinian minority? Do we want to really integrate it and include it as an integrated part of Israeli society?”

Video

Call to Prayer in Lod, Israel

Rina Castelnuovo, a photojournalist for The Times, recorded the scene in Lod, Israel, where loudspeakers broadcast the muezzin’s call to prayer.
By RINA CASTELNUOVO FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES on Publish Date November 16, 2016. .

The text of the proposed ban on mosque loudspeakers says that “hundreds of thousands of citizens” in parts of Israel “suffer habitually and daily from loud and unreasonable noise that is caused by the call of muezzin from mosques.” Colonel Yogev said it could be narrowed to apply only to sleeping hours.

Mr. Netanyahu has said he is trying to balance competing interests. “Israel is committed to freedom for all religions, but is also responsible for protecting citizens from noise,” he said this week.

In Lod, which traces its history to the days of Canaan, frustration over the mosques has grown as more Jewish residents have moved in since the evacuation of settlements in Gaza a decade ago.

There is already a noise law on the books, but advocates of the new legislation said it was not applied to the muezzin. “If someone is having a karaoke party with loudspeakers at night and you call the police, they will come and take down the loudspeakers,” said Amichai Langfeld, a member of the City Council. “But if you call about the mosque, they won’t.”

Under existing law, Mr. Langfeld added, the police must test the level of the call to prayer — or of any noise — to see if it exceeded the limit. The new law would simply ban loudspeakers.

At Mr. Elfar’s mosque, the call to prayer was broadcast on Tuesday at 4:45 a.m., 11:25 a.m., 2:21 p.m., 4:47 p.m. and 6:05 p.m. The tension over the loudspeakers was easy to detect in a visit to a clothes and jewelry market a few blocks away.

Several Jewish shoppers and salespeople said that they did not mind the call during daylight hours, but that the earliest one invariably woke them up. Some described trying to muffle the noise with curtains or blankets, often to little effect.

Naama Reichmann, 32, who moved to Lod about five years ago, said the 4:45 a.m. call made it hard for her and her 2-year-old daughter to sleep through the night. “We don’t say they can’t do it, but not so loud,” she said.

Chaim Koti, 80, who was selling clothes, was more pointed. “They do it intentionally loud in order to bother us,” he said.

A few feet away, a group of Muslim vendors said the proposal to limit the muezzin was a slap in the face to them. They noted that the call to prayer had been sounded in Lod since long before Mr. Netanyahu came to power. “There’s hate for Arabs,” said Muhyi Sharabati, 22. “There are people who are against Islam.”

Safiya Matweeye, 19, said the authorities should focus on crime and violence instead of things that could discourage prayer. “It’s a good thing, because people come to pray instead of shooting each other in the street,” she said. “Religion keeps people honest.”

As they spoke, the afternoon call to prayer sounded. No one looked up. After a few minutes, it was over, the latest trumpet in Israel’s culture war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/world ... 05309&_r=0
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

Altaf Boolani

Can you upload Azaan recited during Diamond Jubilee Celebration at Aiglemont. It was in the beginning of the Homage Ceremony and recited by Sina Mirshahi. Altaf?

Some one forwarded me the above e mail, a question asked by Mr. Altaf.
I am curious, can some one verify that azan was recited at homage ceremony of Diamond Jublee Celebration at Aiglemont.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

The word "ADHAN" as it is, not mentioned in the Qur’an and is not a part of the Contact Prayers (Salat), nor is it required as we have clocks, watches, smart phones and other means. But it has become a tradition since time of the Prophet in the Muslim communities to summon the people to prayer through a loud announcement.
The original Adhan traditionally used to conform with the Quran's teachings and became altered with time. Originally, the call to prayer consisted of:
(1) Allahu Akbar (God is Great), 4 times.
(2) Laa ilaaha ila Allah (There is no other god beside God), once.

Many years later, some people added Prophet Muhammad's name to the Adhan. This violates God's commandments in Qur’an, read Q2:136, 2:285, 3:84, 4:150 and 72:18.

Later, other groups of Muslims added the name of Mowla Ali. Today, the Adhan is severely corrupted throughout the Muslim world in recitation by using musical instruments.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Associated Press
Minneapolis OKs dawn Muslim prayer call, 1st for big US city

Minneapolis will allow broadcasts of the Muslim call to prayer at all hours, Thursday, April 14, 2023, becoming the first major U.S. city to allow the announcement or “adhan” to be heard over speakers five times a day, year-round.
Fri, April 14, 2023 at 9:03 AM CDT
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (AP) — Minneapolis will allow broadcasts of the Muslim call to prayer at all hours, becoming the first major U.S. city to allow the announcement or “adhan” to be heard over speakers five times a day, year-round.

The Minneapolis City Council unanimously agreed Thursday to amend the city's noise ordinance, which had prevented dawn and late evening calls at certain times of the year due to noise restrictions, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported. The vote came during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

“The Constitution doesn’t sleep at night,” said Jaylani Hussein, executive director of the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, after the vote. He said the action in Minneapolis shows the world that a “nation founded on freedom of religion makes good on its promise.”

Minneapolis has had a flourishing population of East African immigrants since at least the 1990s, and mosques now are common. Three of 13 members of the council identify as Muslim. The decision drew no organized community opposition. Mayor Jacob Frey is expected to sign the measure next week.

“Minneapolis has become a city for all religions,” said Imam Mohammed Dukuly of Masjid An-Nur mosque in Minneapolis, who was among several Muslim leaders who witnessed the vote.

Three years ago, city officials worked with the Dar Al-Hijrah mosque to allow the adhan to be broadcast outdoors five times daily during Ramadan. Prayers are said when light appears at dawn, at noon, at mid- to late afternoon, at sunset and when the night sky appears. In Minnesota, dawn arrives as early as before 5:30 a.m. in summer, while sunset at the solstice happens after 9 p.m.

The city allowed year-round broadcasts last year, but only between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. — typically excluding early morning prayer and sometimes night prayer.

At a recent public hearing, Christian and Jewish leaders expressed support for extending the hours for the adhan.

Council Member Lisa Goodman, who on Thursday was observing the final day of Passover, said the Jewish call to prayer — which is generally spoken rather than broadcast — doesn’t face legal restrictions. Observers said church bells regularly toll for Christians.

“It’s something I grew up with, but not my children,” council member Jamal Osman said, adding that hearing the call to prayer from local mosques brings him joy.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/da ... 55579.html