"Eid Mubarak"to you,but do you know the meaning of

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

"Eid Mubarak"to you,but do you know the meaning of

Post by agakhani »

Do you know the meaning of Eid and Fitra?

In Arabic "Eid" means "festivity" and "Fitr" means to break the fast.

"Eid Mubarak" to everyone in this house. Specially those volunteers who runs this website very smoothly since more than decate.
Please accept many many "Mubarakis" on this auspicious occasion of "EID-UL-FITRA" from me and from my whole family members.I pray that may Almighly Allah bless you for happiness in your life. Please remember all of us in your D'uas and prayers.
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Eid Mubarak.
Eid is enjoyed as feast after month of fastin and night prayers (Tahajuud Namaaz)'
It is celebrated with giving of Fitra before Eid Namaaz, either in Eidgah or large hall or in Mosque.
Eating and meeting comes next.
Eid Mubarak
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

In Chapter 23 of his masterpiece, Wajh-i Din, Sayyidna Nasir-i Khusraw provides a beautiful account of the festival of Id al-Fitr. He explains that Id al-Fitr is a symbol of Mawlana Ali, who is known as the Asas or Foundation. Just as Id liberates people from hunger, Mawlana Ali liberates the mumins from ignorance. In zahir, the mumins celebrate and enjoy festive foods, while in batin they feast on spiritual nourishment, which is the ta’wil (esoteric knowledge) provided by Mawlana Ali to the believers.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Before, the advent of Islam in Arabia, Arabs used to celebrate “Yawm-al-sab” and “Yawm-al-sabasad” as their festivals. When Prophet migrated to Medina, he introduced festivals of Eid-ul-fitr and Eid-ul-Azha. According to Hazrat Anas “When the Prophet arrived in Medina, he found people celebrating two specific days in which they used to entertain themselves by playing and merriment. He asked them about the nature of these festivities at which they replied that these days were occasions of fun and recreation of the days of jahilliyah. At this, the Prophet remarked that the Almighty has fixed two days [of festivity] instead of these for you which are better than these: Eid ul-fitr and Eid ul-azha.”
agakhani_1

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr

Post by agakhani_1 »

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr

Michelle and I would like to extend our warmest wishes to Muslims in the United States and around the world celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr. As Muslims mark the end of the month, they are reminded that Ramadan is a time to reflect spiritually, build communally, and aid those in need. While Eid marks the end of Ramadan, it marks a new beginning for each individual – a reason to celebrate and express gratitude on this holiday.

For millions of Muslims, the morning of Eid is marked with the call to prayer echoing through cities and towns across the globe. Millions of people head to local mosques for special Eid prayers followed by festive gatherings, gift exchanges, and feasts among friends, neighbors and families. The diversity of traditions paint the vibrant images we see from around the world capturing the spirit and excitement of Eid – colorful dresses or white garments decorating the masses of people standing in lines for prayer, lanterns and ornaments lighting up bazaars and neighborhoods, intricate henna designs painted on hands of young girls and women, and an abundance of delectable foods and aromatic cuisines.

As Muslim Americans celebrate Eid across America, the holiday is a reminder to every American of the importance of respecting those of all faiths and beliefs. This past year New York City Public Schools announced adding Eid to their official school calendars alongside Christmas, Hanukkah and other holidays – an acknowledgement of the great diversity and inclusiveness that adds to the richness of our nation. During this year’s White House Iftar, I had the opportunity to meet inspiring young Muslim Americans who are leading efforts for greater understanding and unity across diverse communities. Following the Iftar, one of the young attendees helped spearhead an effort that raised more than $75,000 for the churches burned in the wake of the shooting at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina. Americans of all faiths and beliefs must stand together to protect our democracy and strengthen our country as a whole.

Michelle and I hope today brings joy to all of your homes, both here in the U.S. and around the world. From my family to yours, Eid Mubarak!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Eid ul-Fitr Should Foster Brotherhood in the Muslim Umma and Provide Spark of Hope For the Less Privileged

https://simerg.com/2016/07/06/eid-ul-fi ... rivileged/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Eid ul-Fitr

The occasion of Eid ul-Fitr marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan, and is a special occasion for Muslims around the world. It is a time to rejoice with our families, express our gratitude and reflect on the blessings of this day.

On Sunday, May 24, let us celebrate #EidTogether as #OneJamat with a full day of online programming for all ages.

The day will feature:

• A morning broadcast with special messages from the national leadership, a talk by Dr. Shainool Jiwa and devotional expressions

• An Eid edition of Sundays at the Museum, featuring Dr. Azim Nanji

• A performance by Rizwan-Muazzam Qawwali Group at the Ismaili Centre, Toronto

• Let's Cook Together on Eid with Chef Ali Jadavji

• Shukrana Concert, a celebration of music, featuring artists from around the world

• Family activities including storytelling, Eid card making and special videos

Visit iicanada.org/EidTogether for more details
mahebubchatur

Eid Al Fitr

Post by mahebubchatur »

The festival of Eid ul-Fitr is celebrated by Muslims worldwide to mark the conclusion of the month of Ramadan. It is a day when we express our gratitude to Allah for all we have experienced in this blessed month. During a khutba on the occasion of Eid, Imam-caliph al-Mansur (a.s.) is reported to have said: 
“Indeed, most truly, did God, the Mighty and Glorious, make this day of yours a feast of greater importance than other days. He seals with it a month more excellent than other months.”1
Eid ul-Fitr is also an opportunity for us to reaffirm our values of generosity, compassion, and kindness. These values are practiced through acts of charity and by sharing the bounties of Allah, especially with those who are less fortunate.
It is said that once Hazrat Ali (a.s.) and Hazrat Bibi Fatima (a.s.) vowed to fast for three days. These were difficult times, and they often only had some barley bread with which to break their fast. 
On the first day, as they were about to break their fast, an indigent person came to their door. He looked feeble and ill. “Can you spare some food for a poor man?” he asked. Imam Ali’s family had never turned away anyone in need from their door. They invited the man into their house, gave away the bread they had prepared, and broke their fast with only water.
On the second day, just as they were about to break their fast, a young boy knocked at the door. “Please give me something to eat,” the boy pleaded. “I am an orphan, and I haven’t eaten for two days.” Again, the family gave away whatever bread they had and broke their fast with water. 
On the third day, a weary man knocked at their door. “Could you please spare me some food?” he asked. The family again did not refuse him and broke their fast with water.
It is believed that after this event, Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s.) received a revelation. In Surah al-Insan, Ayats 8-9, Allah refers to the pious and says:
“And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive, (Saying),"We feed you for the sake of Allah alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.”
The selfless actions of the Ahl al-Bayt contain significant lessons for us in compassion, charity, and love. As we celebrate Eid ul-Fitr, let us take inspiration from the Ahl al-Bayt and reaffirm our commitment to being compassionate believers. Let us commit to expressing our love for Allah through acts of kindness for the less fortunate and let us do this work without desire for material gains or thanks. Given the shelter-in-place requirements, we will miss one of the highlights of the end of Ramadan: coming together to recite Eid namaz as one family; however, we can still keep the day joyous. Keeping our family rituals for the day as best we can, whether that is wearing something new or preparing our favorite food. We can also make a concerted effort to pray for all who are struggling and suffering; for an ease to all our difficulties; for the best of this world and the next. Remember, Allah tasks no soul with more than it can bear, and on Eid, we have relief for a moment. TheIsmaili

TheIsmaili 2023 👇🏼

Muslims around the world look forward to Eid ul-Fitr as an occasion of peace, happiness, joy and festivity. It is a day for special prayers and the extension of forgiveness and generosity.

Eid ul-Fitr is an Arabic term which means the ‘festival of breaking (the fast).’ The festival marks the culmination of the month of Ramadan, during which Muslims turn inwards through fasting and spiritual devotion; and outwards through acts of kindness and compassion.
Historically, Muslims have celebrated Eid ul-Fitr since the time of Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him and his family), emphasising our values of spiritual upliftment and generosity towards those facing difficulty and hardship. It is an occasion of peace, happiness, joy, and festivity.
During Fatimid times, Ismaili Imam-Caliphs used to address believers on the day of Eid in a Khutba (sermon). In an Eid address in the 10th century CE, Mawlana al-Qaim told a gathered assembly of believers that this day of Eid is a festival that Allah honours and exalts. He counsels Muslims on this day to “be faithful in your intentions and submit your requests to God.”
Traditionally, Eid ul-Fitr begins at sunset on the night of the first sighting of the crescent moon, marking the beginning of the month of Shawwal. In some countries in the Middle East and Asia, the festival is a public holiday, and is celebrated for one to three days.
It was Eid al-Fitr when Mawlana Hazar Imam, at the tender age of seven, recited the Eid namaz at Nairobi's Town Jamatkhana in 1944.

During the early weeks of the covid-19 pandemic, Mawlana Hazar Imam sent a message of hope, happiness, and generosity to the global Jamat on the occasion of Eid in May 2020. He said:
“On the occasion of Eid ul-Fitr, I send my special loving blessings to my Jamats throughout the world for your happiness, peace, safety, and good health. … It is my wish that my Jamat should look to the future with hope and courage, in keeping with its age-old tradition of unity, generosity and mutual support which has at all times enabled it to move forward to a position of enhanced strength and resilience, from generation to generation.
My spiritual children should always remain mindful that it is the principles of our faith that will bring peace and solace in these times of uncertainty. I am with my Jamat at all times, and each of you, individually, is always in my heart, in my thoughts and in my prayers.”  
As we celebrate Eid, we express our gratitude for the blessings which have graced our lives. On this day, we extend our compassion and our generosity to our brothers and sisters in faith, and to humanity as a whole.
The Ismaili wishes you and your family a joyous and heartfelt Eid Mubarak!

Wikipedia 👇🏼

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Fitr

Encyclopedia Britannica 👇🏼

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Eid-al-Fitr
mahebubchatur

Eid ul Fitr - Tawil

Post by mahebubchatur »

Eid-ul-Fitr and its Tawil (esoteric interpretation)

Nasir-i Khusraw in his Wajh-i Din: Discourse 23 writes that exoterically Eid-ul-Fitr is the day when the fast breakers are liberated from the fast and can obtain food and drink and attain physical strength. Similarly, the human soul also requires its own type of food - which is knowledge. And Eid-ul-Fitr, esoterically, refers to the Mawlana 'Ali, because his esoteric interpretation (ta'wil) liberates the people from the lack of knowledge and allows them to attain spiritual strength by gaining knowledge of the tawil. Just as on Eid, the fast-breakers become eaters, through the knowledge brought by Mawlana 'Ali, the silent ones become speakers - in that they are able to share and discuss knowledge with each other and rejoice with the ta'wil.
"I am the purpose of fasting, and the sacred anniversaries in the months of the year.”
– Imām 'Alī ibn Abī Ṭālib, (Khuṭbah al-Iftikhār)
And so while we rejoice on this day of Eid, we should also remember that with the presence of the Imam, who is the present and living 'Ali of the time, with his continuous blessings and guidance our Jamat can always be liberated from the lack of knowledge. And in this sense, every day in Jamat Khana is an Eid. Perhaps it is in relation to this that Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah had explained to the community that in Jamatkhana, for all twelve months of the year, it is Eid.

May both the Day and the Person of Eid-ul-Fitr shower blessings upon us all. -source Ismaili Gnosis