Allah and the Nur of Allah

Discussion on doctrinal issues
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Nazar e Karam plays important role to open the inner eyes, and batuni eyes are open because of his Karam, it is not meaningless
I agree that the Karam is important to open the Batuni eyes. However your mentioning of it after the batuni eyes have been open and the person is experiencing constant noor, is meaningless.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: Nazar e Karam plays important role to open the inner eyes, and batuni eyes are open because of his Karam, it is not meaningless
I agree that the Karam is important to open the Batuni eyes. However your mentioning of it after the batuni eyes have been open and the person is experiencing constant noor, is meaningless.
It is because of His Karam 'YAHDILLAHU LI NOORIHI MU(N)YASHA'. 24/35
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: It is because of His Karam 'YAHDILLAHU LI NOORIHI MU(N)YASHA'. 24/35
What is that?
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: It is because of His Karam 'YAHDILLAHU LI NOORIHI MU(N)YASHA'. 24/35
What is that?
It is graciousness of Allah Who guides Momins towards His Noor.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Poem: “Like the sun in the sky he is manifest in the world”
Posted by Nimira Dewji

Selected verses from a poem titled Recognition of the Imam by Fida’i Khurasani:

He is always present, a witness with his followers;
but who has seen his beauty except the blessed?

He who is the cupbearer of the fount of paradise,
is aware altogether of the hearts of his followers.

He is the Imam of the time, the guide and comforter,
the protector of his followers, whether young or old.

Like the sun in the sky, he is manifest in the world,
but the blind bat cannot see his luminous face….

If you do not see Ali in this world, know that on
the Day of Judgement, you will be resurrected blind.

If you fail to recognize the Imam of the time, you will
take nothing to your grave but sighs and remorse.

Fida’i Khurasani
“Fida’i” was the pen-name of Muhammad b. Zayn al-Abidin Khurasani, a descendant of the poet Khaki Khurasani of Dizbad. He was born in the same village in northern Khurasan around 1850. After completing his early education, Fida’i went to Mashhad for higher studies, which included theology and jurisprudence. As the most learned of the Khurasani Ismailis, he travelled to India several times to meet the 48th Ismaili Imam, Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III (d. 1957), who appointed him as mu’allim, the chief religious instructor of his community in Iran. Besides being a prolific poet, Fida’i was the author of several works on Ismaili theology, law, and history. He died in 1923 and was buried next to the grave of Khaki Khurasani in Dizbad. The poem is from his Mathnawi-i nigaristan, also known as Qasida-i nigaristan ed. A.A. Semenov, in Iran (1929).

Source: Shimmering Light An Anthology of Ismaili Poetry tr. Faquir M. Hunzai, I.B. Tauris, London, 1996
(p 117-120)

https://nimirasblog.wordpress.com/2021/ ... the-world/
mahebubchatur

Noor - Farman

Post by mahebubchatur »

You should be rest assured that the Light (noor) of Murtza Ali is in me, present and apparent before you. We put on the (bodily) dress (jama) and put off in the world, but our One Light (noor) is descended since eternity, therefore, you must see One Light (in different bodies). There was One Light (noor) of Ali in Aga Ali Shah and my grandfather, even in their forefathers, and that very Light (noor) is descended in me. I am their heir apparent. The Light (noor) is present and apparent all the times, only the names are different. The Throne (gadi) of Mawla Murtza Ali is present and will remain till the Judgment Day. You jamat have no reason to deject in any way. I am present before you. There is no difference between me and them (only) the bodies have to change, therefore, the true believers must comprehend the foregoing point.” (Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah (Bombay, 8th September, 1885

Link.
https://library.ismaili.net/content/div ... -all-imams
swamidada

Re: Noor - Farman

Post by swamidada »

mahebubchatur wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:08 am You should be rest assured that the Light (noor) of Murtza Ali is in me, present and apparent before you.
Chatur ji will you explain the phrase 'PRESENT AND APPARENT BEFORE YOU'?
mahebubchatur

Re: Noor - Farman

Post by mahebubchatur »

swamidada wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:44 pm
mahebubchatur wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:08 am You should be rest assured that the Light (noor) of Murtza Ali is in me, present and apparent before you.
Chatur ji will you explain the phrase 'PRESENT AND APPARENT BEFORE YOU'?
The meaning seems to me that Imam e Zaman is Present and Manifest, at all times before mankind having the same Nur & divinely ordained authority from the time of Hazrat Ali & that of Hazrat Adam, and before creation

Two thousand years before creation, Muhammad and ‘Ali were one Light (nur) before God.” – Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq, (Mohammad Ali Amir-Moezzi, The Divine Guide in Early Shi ‘ism, p. 31)
mahebubchatur

Noor - Light - Knowledge -

Post by mahebubchatur »

“Light as a symbol of eternal knowledge has come down to mankind ever since creation. God communicates his love and guidance to humanity which He created in a variety of ways, one of which is the inner mystical experience, known in various traditions by different terminologies. Muḥammad’s own phe- nomenological experience is readily reflected in the Qur’ān and in the way he responded to situations as well as in his interactions with his fellow beings. The first eighteen verses in Sūra al-Najm clearly demonstrate his epiphanic vision8 as do other occasions including his ascent (mi‘rāj) in Sūra al-Isrā’.9 This is more explicit in the “light verse” of Sūra al-Nūr:
God is the light of the heavens and of the earth; His light is like a niche in which there is a lamp; the lamp is in a glass and the glass is like a shining star; it is lit from a blessed tree, an olive-tree, neither an eastern nor a west- ern one; its oil almost shines alone even if no fire touches it; light upon light. God leads to His light whom He wills, and He creates allegories for man, He indeed is all-Knowing (Q.24:35). ( Arzina R. Lalani Institute of Ismaili Studies, UK) CONCEPT OF LIGHT
IN ISMAILI PHILOSOPHY)

Full article https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnsqfmWHeYTZnBOfm1LIUMvDOITK
swamidada

Re: Allah and the Nur of Allah

Post by swamidada »

In ayat e Noor, Allah says, 'ALLAHU NOORUS SAMAAWATI WAL ARDH', pay attention to SAMAAWAT AND ARDH, skies (plural) and earth (singular). It shows there are unlimited skies, heavenly bodies in universe but Allah mentions earth (planet earth) in singular form. What is the significance? Is there only one earth in universe populated by by humans and other creatures, but science proves other way, billions of stars, planets, and milky ways!!
Admin

Post by Admin »

The present Imam used to talk of the Creation but in one Farman he says Allah creates in Time and Dimensions (in plural)
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Admin wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:18 pm The present Imam used to talk of the Creation but in one Farman he says Allah creates in Time and Dimensions (in plural)
Did Hazar Imam explained the above statement in relation to SAMAWAAT WAL ARDH?
Physical creation happens in Time and Dimensions, but spiritual creation is KUN FAYAKUN.
mahebubchatur

Noor - Shia Interpretation

Post by mahebubchatur »

According to Shi'i Ismaili teachings, the Qur'an was inspired upon the heart of Prophet Muhammad as a spiritual universal light (nur) beyond sound, letter and language; the Prophet through his perfect intellect and pure soul translated this light into the Arabic recitations known as the Qur'an.

Thus, the Qur'an is both the Speech of God and the words of the Messenger of God. Dr Khalil Andani
👇🏽
https://x.com/khalilandani/status/17155 ... hqfO552USg
swamidada

Re: Noor - Shia Interpretation

Post by swamidada »

mahebubchatur wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:20 pm According to Shi'i Ismaili teachings, the Qur'an was inspired upon the heart of Prophet Muhammad as a spiritual universal light (nur) beyond sound, letter and language; the Prophet through his perfect intellect and pure soul translated this light into the Arabic recitations known as the Qur'an.

Thus, the Qur'an is both the Speech of God and the words of the Messenger of God. Dr Khalil Andani
👇🏽
https://x.com/khalilandani/status/17155 ... hqfO552USg
Mowlana Rumi said;

GAR CHE QURAN AZ LUBB E PAYAMBAR AST
HAR KE GUYAD HUQQ NA GUFT UU KAFIR AST
Trasn: Though Quran is said (narrated and explained) by Prophet Muhammad but if any one who says it is not the word of Allah (kalamullah) is kafir.

Is Noor light (worldly or spiritual)? Is Noor pleasant and cool light with fragrance?
MAIN TUJH KO AGAR LAKH WATTS KA BULB KAHUN
TEREY RUTBEY KI TOUHEEN HAI YEH