Lady Ali Shah

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.
kmaherali

Lady Ali Shah

Post by kmaherali »

In his memoir (page 270), Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah describes the final moments of her mother as:

"A few minutes after I reached her bedside, her eyes opened and she recognized me. Then in the way that all true Muslims would ask, who seek to follow the Prophet's example and attain a safe and quiet journey from the midst of the living, she achieved peace and happiness and that final "Companionship-on-High" for which we all yearn. In accordance with Ismaili tradition I did not accompany her body to its last resting place, but certain nephews and cousins laid her lovingly beside my father, and they were - as she had and ardently desired - finally reunited."

My question is: What in our tradition would preclude Imam from accompanying her to her last resting place? Any thoughts..
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Zarina Moosa’s Thank You Letter to Lady Ali Shah Through the Voice of Her Son, Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan III

http://simerg.com/thanking-ismaili-hist ... -aga-khan/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

salimkhoja786 wrote: You did not mentioned about janazah namaz offered, Was that on Ismaili Tariqa or Ja'fari Tariqa?
I did not mention about the Janazah because the Imam did not mention it.
salimkhoja786 wrote: Your this sentence is ambiguous ," Hence she must have been a murid at the time of her death". You are not sure!
It is very clear, "must have" means for sure.
salimkhoja786 wrote: MSMS was her mother's side at last moments because that was mother and son bond because MSMS loved his mother a lot and this is not an indicator that she became Ismaili at last moment.
The surest indicator is that MSMS did not attend the burial according to Ismaili tradition and also she became Fanna.