Shukarwari Beej

Discussion on R&R from all regions
YasmeenHuda

Shukarwari Beej

Post by YasmeenHuda »

I have a little confusion about shukarwari beej.

The historical background of this ritual is that there were three calendars prevalent in Hindustan/India; Solar, Lunar/Islamic and Vikramajeti.

A month in vikramajeti calendar is of 28 days. Second day of the month is called beej. Friday is called Shukarwar. So Shukarwari Beej = Friday + Second day of the month.

Another interpretation is that Shukarwari Beej = Friday + 1st day of Islamic calendar/Chandraat.

Which interpretation is true? Is it necessary that second day of vikramjeti calendar will always coincide with the 1st day of Islamic calendar, when the day is friday?

If second interpretation is true, then why is it called beej which is the name from vikramjeti calendar?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The following is an excerpt from Alwaez Abualy's book "Ismaili Tariqah" on this issue.

"Beej means the second (day) and Shukarwar means Friday. In the past, the momins started the fast after the morning prayer on Thursday and broke it on Friday after evening prayer. Friday being the second day of the fast, was known as Beej. Hence Beej-Shukarwari. This is observed when there is a new-moon on Friday.

The fasting lasted twelve pahor, thirty six hours, during which the whole night should pass in prayer. No work, sleep or other worldly affairs are allowed.

Our Holy Pir Aga Ali Shah, during the Imamat of our Holy Imam Aga Hassanali Shah, reduced the duration of the fast to twelve hours, from dawn to dusk on the Friday, if it was the new moon."

I hope it clarifies...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

IMPORTANT ASPECT OF FRIDAY

Every Muslim should prepare for Jum'ah from Thursday. After Asr on
Thursday one should increasingly read Istighfaar etc. That person shall
obtain the most benefit of Jum'ah who awaits it and prepares for it
from Thursday.
Rasulallah ( S.A.W. ) has said : " The best day of the week that the
sun rises on, is the day of Jum'ah." The night of Jum'ah (the night between Thursday and Friday ) is more blessed and the day of Jum'ah is mostblessed.

Friday is the best among all days.

Friday is an Eid for the Believers.

Adam (R.A.) was created on Friday,

He was granted entrance into Jannah on Friday,

He was descend into Earth on Friday,

He died on Friday,

Qiyaamah will also take place on Friday.

Amongs the seven days of the week, Friday is the day when Allah's Special mercies are granted. It is a day of gathering for the Muslims and rewards are increased. Many great events took place on this day, and yet take
place.

Hazrat Abu Saeed khadri ( R.A. ) says that the Rasulallah ( S.A.W. ) has said that : " Whoever recite Suratul-Kahf on Friday (the night between Thursday and Friday) enjoys the illumination between two Fridays." (Nasai)

Hazrat Abdullah Bin Umar ( R.A. ) says that the Rasulallah ( S.A.W. ) has said that: " Whoever recites Suratul-Kahf on Friday, will enjoy a light shining from his feet to the heaven and will have his sins forgiven committed between the two Fridays." ( Ibn Marduya ).

It is reported from Hazrat Abu Huraira ( R.A. ) that Rasulallah ( S.A.W. )has said that : " Whoever recites Suratul-Ham-Mim Dukhan on Friday, ( the night between Thursday and Friday ) enjoys the prayer of 70,000 angels
for his forgiveness and gets all sins forgiven." ( Tirmizi ).

Hazrat Abdulla Bin Abbas ( R.A. ) says that Rasulallah ( S.A.W. ) has said That : " Whoever recites Suratul-Aale Imran on Friday, angels enjoy the divine shower of salutation on him till sunset." ( Tibrani ).

Al Isbahaani reports from Ibn Abbas ( R.A. ) that Rasulallah ( S.A.W. )said : " The one who performs 2 raka'at after Maghrib on Friday night (the night between Thursday and Friday ) and reads in every rakaat once Suratul-Al Fatiha and Suratul Zilzaal ( Iza zul zilatil Ardhu ) 15 times,Allah will ease for him the Sakaraat of Death ( the moment of death ) and will save him from the punishment of the grave and make easy for him the crossing of the Siraat.

Hazrat Abu Amama ( R.A. ) says that the Rasulallah ( S.A.W. ) has said that : " The bath of Friday, pull out every sin of the man from its root.( Tibrani )

Hazrat Abu Huraira ( R.A. ) says that the Rasulallah ( S.A.W. ) has said that : " whoever goes out for Friday prayer after making proper ablution and listen to the sermon quietly sitting, get all his sins forgiven not only from one Friday to the next, but also the sins of three days more." (Muslim )

Hazrat Abdullah Bin Masud ( R.A. ) reports that Rasulallah ( S.A.W. ) had said : " The order of sitting before Allah will be just as order of attendance on Friday. Whoever comes first in mosque on Friday will have his seat nearest to Allah, the second one will have the second seat and third one will have the third seat and fourth one will also not be very far from Allah." ( Ibn Maaja )

After the Jum'ah Salaat read as follows :

>> >>Suratul-Fatiha 7 times,

>> >>Suratul-Iklaas 7 times,

>> >>Suratul-Falaq 7 times,

>> >>Suratul-Naas 7 times.

Allah said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you."
If you are not ashamed, send this message...only if you believe.
"Yes, I love Allah. Allah is my fountain of Life and My Saviour. Allah
keeps me going day and night. Without Allah, I am no one. But with Allah,
I can do everything. Allah is my strength."
This is a simple test. If you love Allah and you are not ashamed of all
the great things that he has done for you, send this to everyone you
know, and the person that sent it to you.

May Allah help u to succeed...Ameen
hemani

Sukrawaree beej- Fasting

Post by hemani »

Sukrawaaree beej was established (or became mandatory) by Pir Hassan kabirdeen. When Pir was assigned by Imam Islamshah to fulfill his promise given at the creation of FOUR JUG(Era) to take the responsibility for the salvation for Infinite number of souls prior to the day of Final Judgement, so that no soul is left out without salvation, Pir beggged for Mercy saying that the period of Kaljug is so hard that 99 % will be sinners and would not listen to religious teaching. In short Imam Islamshah suggested that Pir Hassan Kabirdeen grant / give his bandagi of 36 Jug to these momins so that they may benefit and Pir will be able to fulfill his promise. He gave up his bandagi to momins of Kaljug. So Imam Islamshah suggested that this will o­nly benefit momins if momins gave something in return that pleases Pir Hassanb Kabirdeen. Pir Hassan Kabirdeen after a long thought asked that those who keep the fasting of Shukrawaaaree beej without fail and accept the teaching then they should be under the mercy of Allah/Imam. Thus it became mandatory. I have given a very short synopsis to save time and space. What Abually has said in his book of Ismaili Tariqa is correct. Is this book available for sale ?? If you have any question I will try to answer. Ya Ali Madad
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Ya Ali Madad,
I dont think so that Shukarwari beej started with Pir Hassan Kabirdin..About it one can read it in Ginans of Pir Sardardin as well as Pir Shams. I think it was probably started with time of Pir Shams and some where in this forum a story related to it is also posted with referende of Ginan of Pir Shams.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The following are verses of Budh Avtaar by Peer Sadardeen, which vindicates the point Munir is making.

279. Pilgrimage (will be done) to Jamatkhana during Kaljug, you should know
Make donation (31) to the Master of Truth (Satgoor)

280. Fast will be on the Friday of new moon (32)
Prayer will be said, looking West
hemani

Post by hemani »

Shukrawaari beej

Fasting has been prescribed in all religions from the time of creation. For eample
In Karta(1st) Jug Monday - EKADASHI- 10th day , 2ng Jug Tretaa- Tuesday 14th of the month (Chawdas), 3rd - Dwaapur Jug- Wednesday  during the later forteen days of the month   and in Kaljug Friday Shukrawaari beej. o­n these fasting days they usded to do charity, prayers, and good deeds.

Coming to Pir Shamsh - Ginan Farman kari Narji Boliya-- he; prescribed a fasting once a year and on the date he pased away. This was to seek forgiveness for failing the test of Iman requested by Imam Kassimshah. ( The story of blind man offering sacrifice of his flesh for Pir Shamsh.). This was on Thursday. In Saloko naano -Pir Sadardeen writes

Satguru Kahere- Hetej Khan maahenthi  te neepanaa, aaj chakfad vella maanhe jaan SHUKRAWAARI BEEJ NU FARMAN CHE , aaj pir hassan kabirdeen tenu naam re..

Next Shukrawaari beej je koi kal maanhe thaapshe , ane thaapshe pure wiswaas
te jivane mugtij thaayshe, ane sahi thaashe ammaaro deedar.
So fasting alone is not enough but religios obligation and batuni ibadat are necessary

What Kmaheali quotes is right.<BR>This is in reference to a question by Jujeshthan ( Yudhisteer- Paanc

Pandav).

He asks Budh avatar who in Kaljug will follow the paath and who will do ibadat and who will give charity ?
Then Budh says - I will add... that in Kaljug; Shukrawaari beej and zikra of Hazar Imam ( looking west means obedience&nbsp;to &nbsp;Ulil Amra - authority- prayer also means zikra- jaamp.) East is past religion west is current religion.
razinizar

Post by razinizar »

I want to ask that My Paper is going to be Held at the day of Beej on Friday at 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm .. the time of the dua is 6:30 the same as the time of my paper... I want to know how can i open my Fast/beej ?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

razinizar wrote:I want to ask that My Paper is going to be Held at the day of Beej on Friday at 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm .. the time of the dua is 6:30 the same as the time of my paper... I want to know how can i open my Fast/beej ?
You may want to see your Mukhi Saheb about it. He will offer you a solution. In Canada through the consent of Mukhis, the fast is broken at 6.00 pm, although many prefer to wait until time of prayer. We have a saying "Gat Bakshe Shah Pir Bakshe".
razinizar

Post by razinizar »

What if i take the NIAZ with me in a bottle and at 6:30 pm sharp . i open my beej with Tasbi following with the niaz .. and recite my prayers after my paper ?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

This is an article on Beej I received from someone...

BEEJ

The tradition of fasting has been observed by momins since the time of creation.

The only difference was that the day was not particularly a "friday". The granth of Pir Hasan Kabirdeen called "Hasnapuri" says,

"Jirebhai pehla karta jugmanhe vrat ekadashi mangalwari je jeev karta, te jiv avgatya nahi hota ho jirebhaire"(Verse-12)
Vrat -Rojo, Avgatya-in miserable condition, mangalwar-Tuesday, Ekadashi-eleventh day

Meaning: O brother in the first jug(Karta jug) the souls that have observed the fast on the 11th day of the month falling on a tuesday will not be in a miserable state.

"Jirebhai bije treta jug manhe vrat chaturdasi ditvari je jeev karta, te jeev avgatya nahi hota ho jirebhai"(Verse-51)

chaturdasi-14th day of the month, ditvari-sunday
O brother in the second jug (treta jug) the souls that have observed the fast on the 14th day of the month falling on a sunday will not be miserable.

"Jirebhai trije duapur jug manhe vrat amas somvari je jeev karta, te jeev avgatya nahi hota ho jirebhai"(verse-121)

somvar-Monday, amas- the day before new moon cycle begins
O brother in the third jug the souls that have observed the fast on the last day of the month(amas) falling on a monday will not be miserable.

"Jirebhai aaj kaljug manhe vrat beej shukravari je jeev karta, te jeev avgatya nahi hota ho jirebhai" (verse- 144)

Beej-second day of the month(Day after the new moon)

O brother in this kaljug the souls that observe the fast on the second day of the month falling on a friday will not be in a miserable state.

So clearly the ginan states that the tradition of fasting has been there since the creation..The fasting here is also symbolic. Our ismaili tradtion is an essoteric tradition so along with the shukravari beej 2-3 times a year, we should always observe the "batuni fast" as Mowla Sultan mohammad Shah says in Kalam-e-Imam-Mubin,
Farman# 128 pg. 292 Kalam –E-Imam-E-Mubin

“ Prophet Mohamad has commanded you to fast. Fasting is for physical discipline. It is necessary to be discreet, so others don’t criticise. It is compulsory for Hakikatis to be fasting for 360 days of the year. These fasts are as follows:
1) Do not lie
2) Do not cheat
3) Do not backbite
These Hakiki fasts for 360 days are compulsory for Ismailis”

Also the following ginan by pir shams talks about how the tradition of shukravari beej started.

Eji Farman kari Nar-ji boliyaa by Pir Shams

Eji Farman kari Nar-ji boliyaa ,tame saambharo Pir Shams vaat;
tame jaavo aaj jamaat maa,ane parkho teunaa imaan 1

O Pir Shams listen to me, says our Imam(Kassamshah),
You go to the jamats and test their Iman(Faith)

Eji Taare Pir Shams boliyaa,Shaah ji saambharo mori vaat;
tame je farmaavo te maangiye,te mang-sun gat jamaat paas 2

That is when Pir Shams told Imam listen to what I have to say;
I will ask whatever you command me to ask from the jamat.

Eji Kaatthaa te ghav-ni maang-jo rottli,ane maang-jo maannas maas;
je maannas maas aap-se,te paam-se vaikhuntth vaas. 3

(Kaathaa Ghau-The hardest type of wheat grains to grind so making Rotli is the most difficult)
Imam says to the Pir go and ask for the rottli that is made from the kaathaa ghav and the flesh of a man. The one who gives his flesh will attain paradise.

Eji Taare te Pir Shams chaaliyaa,aaveyaa unchh multaan maan;
tiyaan gat jumlaa-ji aavi paay laagaa,Gur ji maango tamaari shikh 4

That is when Pir left for the city of north Multan,
Where the entire jamat welcomed the Pir and prostrated and asked the Pir to tell them his wish..

Eji Sikh sampat hoy tevij aapjo, ane paalo te aapna man;
pann
bhojan karo to aashish daiye, vari dayie te dil aashish 5

Bring whatever you can afford to , but bring with the true intention. And whoever can feed me I shall give them the blessings from my heart.

Eji Taare Pir Shams boliyaa, tame saambhro gat jamaat;
ettlo amaaro niam chhe, pachhe daie dil aashish 6

That is when Pir Shams said Listen to me O jamats;
This(Verse below) is my principle and then I shall bless you…

Eji Kaatthaa te ghauv-ni rottli, paase joiye te maannas maas;
je maannas maas aap se, te paamse vaikhuntth vaas

I will eat the rottli
made from kathaa wheat and have flesh of a man;
He who gives his flesh will attain paradise . 7

Eji Taare jumlaa-ji jaai vaat vichaari, konn manas aapse potaanu maas;
Pir Shams sat chhoddaavse,konn jaaiyse te Pir ne paas 8

That is when the jamat went and thought about who is going to give his own flesh;
Who is going to go to the pir and break his fast.

Eji Pir Shams to tasbhi lai betthaa, saaheb raakh-jo hamaari laaj;
saat divas no rojo raakhio,ane koi na aave Pir ne paas 9

Pir Shams then sits with his tasbih and prays to mowla to save
him from humiliation;
Pir had fasted for seven days and no one had come to him until then.

Eji Ek andho abhiyaagat khaanaa maanhe bettho,te aaveyo Pir ne paas;
sonaa kattaari Gur ji haathe liyo,ane bharkho amaaro maas 10

Then one blind man(guest) comes to the pir and asks to cut off his flesh
with a golden sword.

Eji Tame kahiyo to ame bharkheyo,ane dhan ghaddi ne dhan raat;
jo dine tun sirejio, te mottaa tamaaraa bhaag 11

Pir says “you said and I ate”;(Pir accepts his flesh as our faith is the faith of intention) and says to the blind man, glorious was the moment when you were created, you are truly blessed.

Eji Taare Kaasam Shaah aape aaviyaa, aavi maanddiyaa ghatt-paatt;
Noor naa kancholaa haathe aaleyaa, Pir Shams chaaliyaa tene saath 12

Then during the last moments of Pir ‘s life, Imam Kassamshah himself comes and bestows Abesafa(Hauze Kausar) with His own hands and takes the soul of the pir with Him.

Eji Taare Pir Shams boliyaa,Nar ji saambharo mori vaat;
ek andho abhiyaagat huaa,tene aaljo Noor Ilaahi 13

That is when Pir Shams said “O Mowla listen to me”; shower that blind guest with Noor Ilahi(Bol)

Noor naa kancholaa te pi gayo, tene sujeyaa nauv-e nand 14

He drank the Abesafa(Internalised the truth) hence realized all the secrets of all the universes.

Eji Taare Pir Shams boliyaa, andhaa saambharo mori vaat;
tame jaavo gat jamaat maan,have thai chhe haalann velaa 15

Pir Shams then tells the blindman, to go and tell the jamat that it is time for the pir to leave this world.(Death)

Eji Taare te andho abhiyaaghat uthiyo, te aaviyaa gat jamaat maanhe;
have sandhuk lai ne saabdhi karo,Pir ni thaai chhe haalann velaa 16

And the blind man comes to the jamat and tells the jamat to prepare for the Pir”s funeral.

Eji Jumlejiye taare vaat vichaari, andhaa kayaa te sreviyaa Pir;
kaale bhite bhattak-to hato, hamnnaa chaale chhe jamin thi adhar 17

The jamat is thinking what kind of prayers did the blind man perform to receive such blessings that he is walking above the grounds while until yesterday he was banging his head into the walls.

Eji Ame Pir Shams sreviyaa, ane pidhaa Noor Ilaahi;
je maannas maas aap-se,te paamse vaikhunth vaas 18

The blind man says “I followed the Pir’s command( surrendered) hence got to drink the Abesafa (Noor Ilahi)”

Eji Taare jumle jiye vaat vichaari,te aaveaa Pir-ji ne paas;
sonaa kattaari Gur-ji haathe liyo,ane bharkho amaaro maas 19

Then the jamat comes to the Pir with the golden sword and asks the Pir to cut their flesh.

Eji Velaa hati te to vahi gai,konn bharkhe te maannas nu maas;
have sandhuk laine saabdhi karo, Pir ni thai chhe haalann velaa 20

Pir replies, the moment of the test has passed, now who wants to eat the human flesh, now just prepare for my funeral because it is time for me to leave this world

Eji Taare jumelo ji sarve rovaane laagaa,ane ruve te nar ne naar;
ruttho Pir iyaanthi darge jaay she,te futtaa aapnnaa nasib 21

That is when the men and women in the jamat started crying in repentance because they could not earn pir’s happiness and how cursed they were.

Eji Taare Pir Shams boliya, tame saambhlo gat jamaat;
have chelo javaab tamne mukaane desun,have thai chhe haalann velaa22

Pir shams says Listen O jamats, “I will give my last answer in the grave”, it is time for me to leave(from this world)

Eji Vaishakh mahinu ne taarikh satarmi,ane bhirespat-vaar nu din;
te din-e Pir jomu sifaareyo,te sefaariyo unch multaan maany 23

Vaishakh is a gujarati month and the 17th day of that month, and birespatvaar-Friday, is the day when the pir died in the city of Multan.

Eji Satar-soh Pir-naa kaandhi thaayaa,te aaveyaa june mukaam;
janajo laay
mukaa-ne raakheyaa,Pir ji aaljo chhelo javaab 24

1700 people lifted pir’s body and came to the cemetery and laid down the body and asked for the last answer (that pir had promised).

Eji Taare Pir Shams boliyaa,tame saambhro gat jamaat;
baar baar mahine aaj-no rojo raakhjo, to paamso vaikuntth vaas 25

Then pir Shams replied that every twelve months fast on this day then you shall achieve paradise.

Eji Te rojo raakhjo nar ne naar,
ane raakhjo te naanaa baal;
baar mahine rojo raakh jo,
to paamso vaikhuntth vaas 26

Everyone including men, women and children should fast every year to achieve paradise

Eji Pir Shams ginaan-j boliyaa,
tame saambharo gat jamaat;
to amaaro saraap tamne nahi laage,
tame paamso vaikhuntth vaas 27

If you fast then you will be saved from my curse and you shall attain paradise

Satgur Slokos

Saloko Motto
http://ismaili.net/granths/salomoto/path176-186.html

satgur kahere: hete-j khaann maa(n)hethee te neepnaa
aaj chak fad vellaa maa(n)he jaann
shukravaaree beej nu farmaan chhe
peer hasan kabeerdeen tenu naam re............173

The True Guide says: It is entirely for sake of love that He created from the origin. Today in the time of intrigue and inspection. There is a farmaan to fulfil the fast of shuravaaree beej and it was made by Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen.

satgur kahere: nar neera(n)jan to neeraakaar chhe
tenu mowlaa alee chhe naam
satgur sohodev em bhaa(n)khyaa
shaah paschim dishaa maa(n)he tthaam re......174

The True Guide says: The Lord who is unknowable is formless. His name is Mowla Ali. This is what the True Guide Peer Sadardeen foretells, the (physical) abode of the Lord is in the direction of the West.

satgur kahere: satnu vrat shukravaaree beej chhe
ane baar pahor puraa jaann
ardho ahaar karee je raakhshe
te paamshe amar tthaam re..................178

The True Guide says: The true religious observance is the shukravaaree beej. And know it to be for a period of twelve pahors(36 hours). Whoever observes it by maintaining half of sustenance will attain an immortal abode.

satgur kahere: sehej daan-j deejee-e
ane deeje satgur mukhe jaann
vallee gat maa(n)he shukravaaree beej chhoddsho
to paamsho moksh deedaar..................179

The True Guide says: Offer only pure charity and do it in the presence of the True Guide. After that if you break the fast of shukravaaree beej in JamatKhana, you will attain the Vision and salvation.

satgur kahere: chaar murat dharam-j thaape-o
te satgur bhrahmaajee aapoiaap
shukarvaaree beej je thaap she
tene moksh muktino tthaam re..............183

The True Guide says: The Religion was established entirely out of the four forms (basic ingredients of the physical world). And it was by the True Guide, the Creator in a spontaneous manner. Whoever establishes the shukravaaree beej will attain the abode of salvation.

satgur kahere: shukarvaaree beej je kaai kal maa(n)he thaapshe
ane thaapshe pure vishvaas
te jeevne mukti-j thaashe
ane sahee thaase amaaro deedaar re.......184

Pir Sadardin: Magag Re Moman
ejee padamannee ek paau bheerakhaa, ne do paau bheerakhaa hastannee
chetannee trann paau bheerakhaa, ne aayaa aaroge sa(n)khannee

bheerakhaa - apitite
aayaa aaroge - to dine

The perfect woman eats quarter of her apitite(eats to just live), and the soul desiring one eats half of her apitite. The clever and beautiful eats
three quarter of her apitite and the quarrelsome overeats(lives to eat).

Aakdaa maahe ame bhed-j paayaa
http://ismaili.net/ginans/transcription ... 3-048.html

E viraa bhaai aakdaa maahe ame bhed-j paayaa,
bhaai sohi bhed Gure bataayaa ji 1

E viraa bhaai boleyaa bol te Gur Nar saachun,
temaa ek tal aagun na paachun ji 14

E viraa bhaai dennu lennu damddi re daam,
tiyaa sahu sahu ne maathe chhe bhaar ji 15

E viraa bhaai dharam kartaa vilambh na kije,
ane daan sat sun dije ji 16

E viraa bhaai Beej Shukarvaari no vrat chhe motto,
evo dharam rakhe kartaa khottun ji 17

E viraa bhaai madh-raat tame aape jaago,
araj bandagi Shaah ji sun maango ji 18

E viraa bhaai abkaa bhulaa narge jaaso,
Pir Hasan Kabirdin kahe saachun ji 28
pkabir

Sukarwari Beej

Post by pkabir »

Every thing sums up in just one Para. For a true Muslim/Ismaili momin. "Every single moment of every single day is utmost important". All souls are accountable for every actions. That means every single day of the life, not just a year and not just fridays. If one says Allah did certain things on Fridays and Certaiin things has to be done only on Fridays." The bath of Friday, pull out every sin of the man from its root.( Tibrani ) Qiyaamah will also take place on Friday. Think about this ?????????What about the rest of days. It makes one wonders what the rest of days for? Not Allahs days and to be beguilled and p a r t i e s. And do all the things that the rescent times acts performed my some muslims in the name of Islam??????????Are not all true beleivers to be pious every, every, every Nano second of once existance. And not all seconds equally important created by Allah??
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

Pir Shams had also mentioned to keep fast on the 17th day of Vaisaka month of Vikram calender in one of his ginan. What importance does it have? Is it the Sukurwari beej? I am mentioning that ginan below

On Thursday, the seventeenth day
Of the month Vaisakha (3),
On that day the Pir traveled all the way,
To Uchh in Multan. 23

Seventeen-hundred people followed the Pir
To his own place,
Placing their cases there, they said:
“Pir give us your last decree.” 24

Pir hams said:
“Listen, O gathering! Every twelve months,
Keep a fast (roza) on this day,
And you will attain Heaven.” 25