Health and Healing

Current issues, news and ethics
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Juicers vs. blenders

Hi Karim,

Almost everyone knows that we need to eat more fruits and vegetables. And blenders and juicers certainly do speed up the process.

For example — the vitamin and mineral content of one cup of carrot juice is almost equivalent to that of five cups of chopped carrots — that saves you a whole lot of chewing!

But like almost everything in life, there are pros and cons.

Here’s what you need to know about blending and juicing.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/blender ... d-blenders

Yours for the wise use of healthy tools,

Ocean Robbins

P.S. Both blending and juicing provide easy ways to get important antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. And they can also be fun and flavorful ways to change up what you’re eating. But which one is better — blending or juicing? Are there any downsides? And what kinds of blenders and juicers are best (and worst)?

Get the whole story (and some great recipes!) here.
https://foodrevolution.org/blog/blender ... d-blenders
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Energy Medicine Techniques to Heal Your Body and Mind

Learn 14 Simple Energy Cures to Enhance Health and Vitality
https://experience.hayhouseu.com/powero ... U5MTMxMAS2

with Donna Eden & David Feinstein, Ph.D.
Dear Friend,

For thousands of years, every culture in the world has shared a common secret to health and healing. It required no pills, no ointments, no balms.

It simply involved energy.

Energy medicine was the first healing practice on our planet. And for millennia, shamans and healers have been curing illnesses and injuries this way.

But—with the arrival of modern medicine—these powerful healing methods have been pushed aside and nearly forgotten, buried by our focus on prescriptions and procedures. And yet, we live with an epidemic of chronic pain and mental imbalance.

Of course, there’s a place for modern medicine. But far too often we turn to drugs, surgery, radiation, and other invasive treatments as a first (not a last) resort.

Donna Eden and David Feinstein, Ph.D.

The truth is that our bodies are DESIGNED to be healthy, to be radiant, and to heal—naturally. And we can achieve this by working with our bodies’ subtle energies.

That’s why we’re thrilled to invite you to The 4-Day Energy Healing Challenge: Learn 14 Simple Energy Cures to Enhance Health and Vitality—an online challenge with world-acclaimed energy healer Donna Eden and clinical psychologist David Feinstein, Ph.D.

It all starts on Monday, June 21—and IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.

Join Now for Free https://experience.hayhouseu.com/powero ... U5MTMxMAS2

For more than 40 years, Donna Eden has taught hundreds of thousands of people how to work with their energy to reclaim their health and vitality. Since childhood, Donna has been able to see the body’s subtle energies—a matrix of colors, patterns, and flows that run within and around every living being—and heal herself of “incurable” illness. Simply by moving her body’s energy with her hands.

Now it’s your turn to learn these simple, accessible techniques and put the power in your hands.

During this free four-day event, you’ll discover…

- 14 energy medicine techniques to empower you to heal yourself and your family
- Real-life stories of astonishing recoveries and incredible live healings that show you what’s possible with energy medicine…and how quickly it works!
- How to recognize the signs of blocked energy in your mind and body, and fix it right away

You’ll also learn how to…
- Ground yourself to the Earth’s energy whenever you need to calm and center yourself
- Boost your brain power to think more clearly and be more mentally present
- Free your body from pain and speed healing by flushing out old, stagnant energy
- Protect yourself from harmful, toxic energies from other people, places, or electromagnetic fields

Plus, when you register today, you’ll get immediate access to two videos: The Promise of Energy Medicine, which clearly lays out just how powerful energy healing can be, and Understanding Your Energies, which contains a healing teaching you can use today!

Start Healing Today

All the tools you need for healing are built right into your own body. Get ready to rediscover your natural ability to work with your body’s energies—so that you can support and supercharge your health for a lifetime.

Wishing You the Best,
Your Friends at Hay House
Hay House Online Learning
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

What Should Doctors Do When We Experience a Miracle?

It was just before dawn in the intensive care unit when something unexpected happened.

My Covid-19 patient’s condition had been worsening for weeks, and we had finally recommended to his family that we stop all aggressive interventions. It was clear he was dying. But that night, my team watched in amazement as his oxygen levels started to rise, slowly at first and then steadily. Standing outside his room, I found myself, somewhat uncomfortably, thinking of miracles.

As a critical-care doctor, I become nervous at the very idea of miracles. I hear the word and think of tense family meetings and impossible hopes. I imagine loved ones at the bedside waiting for improvement that will never come. Miracles are often what patients’ families beg for, and they’re not something that I can provide.

But then there are patients like this one.

Doctors all have cases that shake us and that we find ourselves revisiting, particularly amid this pandemic. Often these are cases of the patients that we were unable to save, but there are also patients whose very survival proves us wrong. I struggle with what to make of these outcomes and how to navigate the questions that they raise. The longer I practice critical care, the more I wonder: What does it mean for a miracle to happen in the intensive care unit?

Though the word “miracle” has a religious overtone, I am not invoking the spiritual or the supernatural. As doctors in training, we attend entire lectures to help us navigate conversations with families who are waiting for divine intervention to bring their loved one back from the brink. What I am interested in is how we deal with the one-in-a-million outcomes, the patients who surprise and humble us.

Consider the patient from that overnight shift. He was a young father with Covid-19 and a cascade of complications, including pneumonia, sepsis and devastating bleeding. By the time I met him, he had been deeply sedated for more than a month and was attached to a ventilator and a lung bypass machine to keep him alive.

As the days and then weeks passed, punctuated by one medical catastrophe after another, it became clear to all of us in the I.C.U. that the damage to his lungs was not survivable. He was dying. His family started to prepare themselves to say goodbye, but they asked us to wait a few more days before we took him off the machines.

Now, a year later, he is still recovering but is at home and with his family, and I marvel over the photographs they send me.

Though his story is remarkable, there’s a part of me that doesn’t want to share it. Not because our predictions as his medical providers were wrong — I am comfortable with admitting to prognostic error — but because most people, when faced with illness, secretly believe that they may be the outlier, that improvement is possible even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Doctors want that for our patients as well. That is what leads oncologists to offer terminally ill patients fifth lines of chemotherapy and last-hope clinical trials, and it is what brings surgeons back to the operating room one last time.

Sometimes that drive to beat the odds is what pushes doctors to be great. But if taken too far, these instincts lead to false hope and suffering for our patients and their families, protracted critical-care admissions and futile procedures. After all, in most cases in the I.C.U., our initial prognoses are correct. So there’s a risk to standing at the bedside, thinking about that one patient who made it home despite our predictions. We can give that experience too much weight in influencing our decisions and recommendations.

Doctors do not want to deprive our patients of the chance to surprise us. But we must also ask ourselves how many deaths we are willing to prolong for the possibility of one great save.

A great save can be complicated. As tempting as it is to focus only on life or death in the I.C.U., there is a vast world between survival and true recovery. Even patients who do surprise us by making it out of intensive care might never improve enough to return to the activities they love. If a life is remarkably “saved,” only for the person to suffer for months in long-term care hospitals, delirious and dependent on a ventilator, that’s not a total success.

Of course, there are cases in which improvement is truly impossible — a person’s cancer is too far gone, the sepsis too advanced. But in other cases, for better or worse, I find that I am now more willing to push forward than I once was. This might mean I give that extra round of antibiotics or that one last trial of high-dose steroids.

I try not to push for too long and risk causing pain because I am unwilling to acknowledge the realities in front of me. But I might let myself hope for a few more hours or a few more days while working to prepare my patient’s family, and myself, for the likelihood that the person they love will not be OK.

On a recent weekend in the I.C.U., one of my patients was a woman in her 60s with cancer that had caused her lungs and liver to fail. The doctor who had been taking care of her for the week told me the plan: If she was no better on Monday, the family would take her off the ventilator, but they wanted to wait through the weekend. Why? I asked. Well, my colleague explained, they wanted to give her time for a miracle.

When I visited my patient early Saturday morning, she was still intermittently awake, fluttering her eyelids, and I hoped she was not in pain. As day turned to night, her blood pressure teetered. And before my shift ended, I entered the room again to find her adult children gathered at the bedside.

“She’s not getting better, is she?” her daughter asked. As gently as I could, I explained that despite our best efforts, she was not.

Her daughter started to cry as she realized that there would be no Hail Mary save, no reason to wait until Monday. There would be no miracle, but perhaps there would be peace. It was time to say goodbye.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/02/opin ... 778d3e6de3

coffee + your liver

You might have already heard that coffee has a much improved health reputation in recent years as more and more studies show the health benefits of drinking coffee, mostly due to the high level of antioxidants naturally found in coffee beans.

Coffee can have downsides for some people that are sensitive to caffeine or have adrenal fatigue though, so not everyone reacts the same.

Today's article from my friends at TheAlternativeDaily is a look at the benefits of coffee for your LIVER health...

Coffee & your liver (it can even protect your liver from alcohol damage)

https://thenutritionwatchdog.com/could- ... ign=coffee
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Warning Signs You're Developing Diabetes, Say Experts

Michael Martin
Tue, July 6, 2021, 1:04 PM

So many people have diabetes—about 1.5 million are diagnosed in the United States each year, and nearly 1 in 10 Americans have it—you'd think it'd be easy to spot. But although the condition is relatively common, many people go undiagnosed because the early symptoms can be vague, easily overlooked at first, or confused with other conditions.

Here from Eat This, Not That! Health are the first signals your body might send when you develop diabetes. Read on to learn about the new study—and to ensure your health and the health of others.

Increased Thirst

A very common early sign of diabetes, increased thirst happens because diabetes causes sugar (glucose) to build up in the bloodstream. Normally, the kidneys process glucose, but when they become overwhelmed, the excess glucose is flushed out with your urine. Water from other body tissues is pulled along with it, leaving you dehydrated and craving fluids to replace what you've lost.

The Rx: Experts such as Harvard Medical School advise drinking four to six cups of water per day. If you're hydrating adequately but you've noticed an uptick in thirst, talk with your doctor.

Frequent Urination

In early diabetes, the body will increase urine production, attempting to flush out that excess blood sugar, and you might find yourself having to go more often. "It's important to know what is normal for your body," says Leigh Tracy, RD, LDN, CDE, a registered dietitian and diabetes program coordinator at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. "The average individual urinates between seven and eight times per day, but for some, up to 10 times per day is normal."

The Rx: "If you are urinating more than your norm, and especially if you are waking up multiple times in the middle of the night to urinate, speak with your primary care physician right away," says Tracy.

Excessive Hunger

Diabetes causes blood glucose to rise uncontrollably. At the same time, it prevents cells from using glucose for energy. That lack of energy can make you hungry.

The Rx: "If you notice you're constantly hungry even though you have just eaten regular meals and snacks during the day, you should speak with your doctor," says Tracy.

Fatigue insomnia
Because diabetes elevates blood sugar at the same time it prevents the body from using it for energy, that can make you fatigued. Frequent urination can also disrupt your sleep.

The Rx: There's a difference between tiredness and fatigue. Normal tiredness gets better after rest. But if you still feel worn out despite getting an adequate amount of sleep, it's worth discussing with your doctor.

Blurred Vision

According to the Mayo Clinic, high levels of blood glucose pull fluid from your tissues, including the lenses of your eyes. This can affect your ability to focus and cause blurry vision. Diabetes can also cause new blood vessels to form in the retinas, damaging established vessels. If those changes progress untreated, they can lead to vision loss.

The Rx: If you're experiencing any signs of diabetes such as blurred vision, it's important to see your doctor ASAP, and regularly if you're diagnosed. "Diabetes is a progressive disease, even in patients with excellent lifestyles," says Sarah Rettinger, MD, an endocrinologist at Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California.

Cuts or Bruises That Won't Heal

Diabetes can make skin injuries, such as cuts and bruises, slower to heal. High blood sugar can stiffen blood vessels, slowing blood flow and preventing oxygen and nutrients from getting to cuts and bruises to heal them. Diabetes can also impair the immune system, slowing the body's natural repair processes.

The Rx: If you notice that cuts or bruises aren't healing as quickly as they have in the past, see your healthcare provider

Unintentional Weight Loss

Losing weight without any changes in diet or exercise may sound great, but it's the definition of too good to be true: It can signify a serious health condition such as hyperthyroidism, cancer or diabetes. When diabetics lose glucose through frequent urination, they also lose calories. Diabetes may also keep cells from absorbing glucose from food for energy, and the body may begin to burn its fat stores as fuel instead. Both can result in weight loss.

The Rx: If you're shedding pounds without trying, see your doctor and ask if you should be tested for diabetes.

Tingling, Pain or Numbness In Hands or Feet

Diabetes can lead to a kind of nerve damage called neuropathy, which can cause tingling or numbness in your extremities like hands or feet. This is dangerous because numbness can make cuts or injuries easier to overlook, and because diabetes can cause wounds to heal more slowly, complications can result.

The Rx: Be aware of what's going on with your body, and if you're experiencing any unusual pain, numbness or tingling in your hands or feet, see a healthcare provider without delay.

No Symptoms
"People often have no symptoms of diabetes," says Kristine Arthur, MD, an internist at Memorial Care Medical Group in Irvine, California. "Sometimes they may notice weight gain, persistent hunger and increased fatigue associated with high insulin levels, but these symptoms can be present in other conditions, so it is important to have blood tests done to find out what is the cause."

The Rx: Have your HgbA1c (sometimes called "A1c") levels checked with a blood test every year during your routine checkup.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/ ... 37410.html
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Top 7 brain foods

Hi Karim,

Right now, more than half the Americans who reach the age of 85 are developing Alzheimer’s.

But cutting edge research is showing that certain foods can slash your risk!

To help you move forward on a brain-healthy journey, my friend, Food Revolution Summit speaker and renowned neurologist David Perlmutter, MD, has just released a brand new ebook on the Top 7 Brain Health Foods.

How many of them are you already eating?

The nutrient-rich brain foods listed in Dr. Perlmutter’s free ebook can help:

Protect your brain from inflammation

Nurture your gut (which will foster a healthier brain)

Reduce your risk of diabetes (a leading risk factor for Alzheimer’s)

Provide your brain with the nutrients it needs to thrive

Improve cognitive function and mental health

>> Click here to download your free copy of the Top 7 Brain Health Foods now.
https://scienceofprevention.com/top-foo ... aa4eeebb44

Yours for a clear mind at every stage of life,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mango

Hi Karim,

Mangoes are one of the most popular fruits on the planet.

Proponents tell us that they’re not only luscious, sweet, and juicy — but that they’re also anti-inflammatory, high in antioxidants, and even help to fight cancer and diabetes.

But critics say that mangoes are loaded with sugars that will spike your blood sugar, and that they’re unsustainable water hogs that should be avoided.

So what’s the truth? Should you eat mangoes — or steer clear?

Here’s what you need to know about mangoes https://foodrevolution.org/blog/are-man ... nt=mangoes.

Yours for healthy fruits,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

What you need to know about tomatoes

Hi Karim,

Critics say that tomatoes are toxic, pro-inflammatory members of the nightshade family.

But many nutritional scientists say that tomatoes are packed with health-promoting phytochemicals that are good for your eyes, your heart, your lungs, and your cells.

So what’s the truth?

Get the whole tomato story here.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/are-tom ... t=tomatoes

Yours for safe and healthy eating,

Ocean Robbins

P.S. Tomatoes are the second most widely eaten vegetable in the United States. But is that good, or bad? And are they even a vegetable? Here’s what everyone needs to know about tomatoes https://foodrevolution.org/blog/are-tom ... t=tomatoes.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Chickpeas

Hi Karim,

Chickpea fans tell us they are fiber and protein-packed nutrient powerhouses. They say these powerful legumes can help fight cancer, support cardiovascular health, and contribute to healthy weight loss and improved digestion.

But critics tell us they’re high in phytates, cause gas and bloating, and are often contaminated with glyphosate.

So what’s the truth? Should you eat chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), or steer clear?

Here’s what you need to know about chickpeas.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/garbanz ... -chickpeas

Yours for wise choices,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Can Fruits and Vegetables Boost Brain Health?

Flavonoids, the chemicals that give plant foods their bright colors, may help curb the frustrating forgetfulness and mild confusion of advancing age.

Eating colorful fruits and vegetables may be good for your brain.

A new study, one of the largest such analyses to date, has found that flavonoids, the chemicals that give plant foods their bright colors, may help curb the frustrating forgetfulness and mild confusion that older people often complain about with advancing age, and that sometimes can precede a diagnosis of dementia. The study was observational so cannot prove cause and effect, though its large size and long duration add to growing evidence that what we eat can affect brain health.

The scientists used data from two large continuing health studies that began in the late 1970s and early 1980s, in which participants periodically completed diet and health questionnaires over more than 20 years. The analysis included 49,693 women whose average age was 76, and 51,529 men whose average age was 73.

The scientists calculated their intake of about two dozen commonly consumed kinds of flavonoids — which include beta carotene in carrots, flavone in strawberries, anthocyanin in apples, and other types in many other fruits and vegetables. The study appears in the journal Neurology.

The degree of subjective cognitive decline was scored using “yes” or “no” answers to seven questions: Do you have trouble remembering recent events, remembering things from one second to the next, remembering a short list of items, following spoken instructions, following a group conversation, or finding your way around familiar streets, and have you noticed a recent change in your ability to remember things?

The higher the intake of flavonoids, the researchers found, the fewer “yes” answers to the questions. Compared with the one-fifth of those with the lowest intake of flavonoids, the one-fifth with the highest were 19 percent less likely to report forgetfulness or confusion.

According to the senior author, Dr. Deborah Blacker, a professor of epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, these long-term findings suggest that starting early in life with a flavonoid-rich diet may be important for brain health.

For young people and those in midlife, she said, “the message is that these things are good for you in general, and not just for cognition. Finding ways that you enjoy incorporating these things into your life is important. Think about: How do I find fresh produce and cook it in a way that’s appetizing? — that’s part of the message here.”

The study controlled for diet apart from flavonoid intake and for physical activity, alcohol consumption, age and body mass index, among other factors that may affect the risk for dementia. Importantly, it also controlled for depression, whose symptoms in older people can easily be mistaken for dementia.

The researchers looked not only at total flavonoid consumption, but also at about three dozen specific flavonoid-containing foods. Higher intakes of brussels sprouts, strawberries, winter squash and raw spinach were most highly associated with better scores on the test of subjective cognitive decline. The associations with consumption of onions, apple juice and grapes were significant, but weaker.

“These are the foods you should be eating for brain health,” said Dr. Thomas M. Holland, a researcher at the Rush Institute for Healthy Aging who was not involved in the study. “There’s some really good data here with 20 years of follow-up.” Still, he added, further follow-up would be needed to determine whether foods might affect the risk of developing dementia.

Paul F. Jacques, a senior scientist at the Jean Mayer United States Agriculture Department Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University who had no part in the research, said: “In terms of scientific advance, this adds to the literature, and it’s a really well done study. It’s a medium sized step, not a large step, going in the direction of helping us to identify the early period in which we can intervene successfully” to reduce the risk for Alzheimer’s disease.

Dr. Blacker pointed to broader policy issues. “If we can make a world in which everyone has access to fresh fruits and vegetables,” she said, “that should help improve many health issues, and lengthen life span.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/09/well ... iversified
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Curries

Hi Karim,

Some of the featured ingredients in many curries have been found to help fight Alzheimer’s, inflammation, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and migraines.

But where do you find good curries? How should you use them? Can you make your own? And what is a curry, anyway?

Get the whole curry story (and some AMAZING recipes), here.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/what-is ... nt=curries

Yours for nourishing flavors,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Watermelon

Hi Karim,

Watermelons are sweet and juicy — and they’re very popular in the summertime.

But are they too sweet to have health benefits? Plus, as the name says, they’re mostly water. Does that mean they lack nutrients?

Here’s what you need to know about watermelons.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/is-wate ... watermelon

Yours for healthy summertime pleasures,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Add 1 Pinch Cinnamon to Coffee (surprising benefits)

Sadly, most people are making their health worse by adding lots of sugar and fake creamers to their coffee, or ordering sugar-laden flavored lattes, etc... But, coffee can be an extremely healthy and enjoyable part of your day if you do it right (I personally only add a little stevia or monk fruit sweetener plus heavy grass-fed cream to my coffee)... Our friends at PaleoHacks have a great article today to give you ideas...

9 easy ways to make your daily coffee healthier (Please fwd this email to your coffee-loving friends and family)

https://thenutritionwatchdog.com/9-easy ... cinncoffee
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Hi Karim,

Some people say that spinach is practically a superfood. They tell us that it helps fight cancer and metabolic syndrome, and that it’s good for your mood, your brain, and your eyes. Some folks even say that it can make you strong, like Popeye.

But critics tell us that spinach absorbs a lot of pesticides, and that it’s high in oxalates, which are an anti-nutrient that keeps most of the minerals in spinach from ever being absorbed by your body.

So what’s the truth? Is spinach good for you, or not?

Get the whole spinach story here.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/is-spin ... nt=spinach

Yours for informed food choices,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Can Walking Barefoot Heal Your Heart?

Hi Karim,

Why do so many people equate relaxation and pleasure with walking barefoot along the beach as the waves roll in? How come my son River's first instinct is to take his shoes off when he sees a field of green grass?

Is it kooky human behavior that is simply hard-wired into our genetic makeup, or is there something more to this urge to remove footwear?

Historically speaking, it seems like we're right in step with our forebears. Long before we had cushiony sneakers, our distant ancestors tended to walk barefoot over rock, rubble, dirt, stick, and stream. Their feet were strong and nimble, able to sense and react to any surface they encountered.

Commonalities like "barefootedness", that we see repeated among ancient groups, beg for further investigation as to "why?" - especially in cultures where simple foot gear was already an option.

Thankfully, there is good science behind shoelessness and the findings are fascinating.

It turns out that the sensation we feel when our feet make contact with moist sand is more than just a feeling. This therapeutic touch of mother earth is laden with remarkable health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, boosting antioxidants in our body, improving sleep, and perhaps most importantly, promoting healthy blood flow.

The primordial practice of walking barefoot, sometimes referred to as "grounding", is only just beginning to be studied by modern science. So far, one of the most groundbreaking findings is the powerful heart health effect of direct skin contact with the earth.

According to a 2013 study published in the Journal of Alternative And Complimentary Medicine, walking barefoot "reduces blood viscosity, which is a major factor in cardiovascular disease"...

Click here to continue reading this on our blog
https://www.thesacredscience.com/can-wa ... our-heart/

Stay curious,

Nick Polizzi
Host of Proven: Healing Breakthroughs Backed By Science
& Founder of The Sacred Science
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

VITAMIN B12 - 10 Top Health Benefits, Top Plant-Based Sources (my new article for YOU)

Hello Karim, hope you are doing well today!

Vitamin B12 is a mission-critical for your health in many ways...

And yet many people today are deficient in it (and sometimes confused about it!)

That's why I created this clear, research-based new article for YOU...

The Crucial Benefits of Vitamin B-12 and Best Plant-Based Sources of It

https://theartofantiaging.com/benefits- ... d-sources/

If you appreciate this article, please SHARE a comment about it at the bottom of the page.

Because in it, you're about to discover:

- The 10 top health benefits of B-12 for your body
- The 11 signs you may be low in B-12
- The top-recommended foods for B-12, including plant-based sources
- The top-recommend B-12 supplement

And much more!
Head here for the new vitamin B-12 article https://theartofantiaging.com/benefits- ... d-sources/

Now, you'll see that certain seaweeds are one of those great foods for vitamin B-12...

And, YES, believe it or not, I have a terribly good "dad joke" about seaweed to conclude this email...

(Because smiles and laughter are ALWAYS "good medicine.")

What should you do if you become addicted to seaweed?

Sea-kelp!

;-)

Enjoy the important learning in this new vitamin B-12 article, and enjoy your day!

To Living Long and Living Well,

Brian Vaszily
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

‘Health literacy’ is an imperative and responsible way forward for each of us

Literacy is a term with many meanings, the principal ones being the ability to read and write, and having knowledge and competency in a specified area. When it comes to health, literacy is a determining factor in ensuring good health. Hence, ‘health literacy’ is defined as the degree to which individuals have the capacity to obtain, process and comprehend basic health information required to make appropriate health decisions.

As part of observing International Literacy Day, the.ismaili UAE reached out to two qualified health professionals within the Ismaili community, Dr. Mohamud Verjee, and Dr. Mashal Babar, to discover their views regarding the importance of ‘health literacy.’

Dr. Babar commented that “the pandemic has magnified the importance of each individual to focus on their own personal health care, and awareness. However, it has also increased the level of anxiety in certain segments of people who are now obsessed about it.” Therefore, while knowledge and information are crucial, one should also be wary of false information. Dr. Verjee simply puts this as, “good news travels fast, but bad news travels even faster.” He reminds us to rely only on trusted sources to gather information and choose doctors who are knowledgeable and communicate well.

Health practitioners carry a huge responsibility in promoting health literacy by ensuring that their patients are well-aware of their own health conditions. In their own clinical practices, Dr. Babar and Dr. Verjee use various methods to communicate relevant information to their patients. Dr. Verjee stresses the importance of allowing patients the freedom of choice in making their own decisions. “You don’t want to scare people by insisting you do this or else. Neither does the populace like to be told what to do, as they like to exercise their own choices.” Dr. Babar also spoke of the importance of relevance, as she explained that medical practitioners, “need to identify how much their patients can understand and comprehend.”

Ismaili health care professionals have stepped up their voluntary efforts to communicate relevant information to assist the community in managing their personal health from a preventative and proactive approach. “It is very important that health professionals are truthful, transparent, and consistent” shared Dr. Verjee. “Information has to be disseminated to the community by people who are trustworthy, experienced, and knowledgeable, so that changes and modifications are explained clearly and concisely.” The health portfolio offers “lectures, and seminars for the Community” shared Dr. Babar. “We have information sessions and health meetings to discuss the best ways to look after health,” added Dr. Verjee.

Technology is another aspect of health literacy. Understanding how to use apps and tools result in positive benefits. Therefore, people should also learn to use technology to their maximum advantage.

Although medical professionals and the wider community are responsible to ensure that people are well-aware and well-informed, the primary responsibility lies with the individual. People who choose to educate themselves about health make better health decisions, including following the necessary guidelines issued by their doctors. This has been particularly evident in recent times, as people who are ‘health literate’ are able to comprehend general guidelines as well as decipher the urgency and importance of the circumstance they may find themselves in.

In conclusion, it is essential to educate yourself in both physical health and mental wellbeing. Dr. Babar emphasised the importance of monitoring and maintaining mental health, as it is still being ignored by many who consider it to be a stigma. In addition, Dr. Verjee shared the importance of listening to the guidance of His Highness the Aga Khan, in terms of regular check-ups and taking care of one’s health. The motto “You are your own responsibility” is very well-suited at this time and for the future.

https://the.ismaili/uae/%E2%80%98health ... rd-each-us
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

9 SURPRISING Proven Health Benefits of Music (my new article for YOU, Karim)

Hi Karim, hope you are doing well.

Do you enjoy listening to music? What types?

Because research now shows it can help your health and healing in some fascinating and little-known ways!

Discover 9 SURPRISING health benefits of music in my brand-new article for you right here

If you appreciate this article, please SHARE your comments at the end.

(And feel free to SHARE any songs / type of music you personally find particularly helpful in the comments section, too, if you want!)

Because in my new article, you're about to find out:

-- A concise overview of HOW music performs its magic on your body and brain

-- 9 key health benefits of listening to music (from helping your memory to helping stress, pain, fatigue, and more)

-- A TOP recommendation if you want to use music therapy to help you SLEEP better

-- And more!

Head here for the new Benefits of Music: Suprisingly Powerful for Mind & Body article now
https://theartofantiaging.com/the-benef ... n=09102021

Finally, because smiles and laughter are always "good medicine"...

...And because I of course have many "dad jokes" about music that make my little kids giggle (and make my teen roll his eyes and groan)...

Here are a few of the best jokes for YOU:

What type of music do balloons hate?

Pop music.

And...

What classical musical composer do chickens really love?

Bach. Bach Bach Bach.

And...

How do you fix a broken tuba?

Use a tuba glue.

Now, I have one more great dad joke about music...

HOWEVER, because it contains sax and violins, it is not appropriate to share here ;-)

Enjoy the important learning in this new Health Benefits of Music article https://theartofantiaging.com/the-benef ... n=09102021, and enjoy your day.

Brian Vaszily
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Sure Signs You're Getting Dementia, According to Science
Michael Martin
Tue, September 7, 2021, 8:45 AM
Several studies have found that happiness comes with age—older people report greater emotional well-being and more personal satisfaction and security. At the same time, aging comes with its share of worries, particularly health issues. For many, chief among those age-related concerns is dementia, a progressive cognitive decline that's becoming more common as more of us live longer. It's important to recognize the signs of dementia and seek treatment early, to slow its progression or correct cognition issues if possible. Read on for 7 things you need to know to keep yourself sound of mind—and to ensure your health and the health of others, don't miss these Sure Signs You May Have Already Had COVID.

"Dementia is a general term that includes different types, such as Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia, Parkinson's dementia, and Lewy body dementia," says Gerdie Jean-Smith, MD, a board-certified geriatrician based in Florida. "Alzheimer's and vascular dementia are the most well-known."

"In short, dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in cognition involving one or more cognitive domains: learning and memory, language, executive function, complex attention, perceptual-motor, and social cognition," says Jean-Smith. People with dementia experience a decline in one or more of these areas that is severe enough to interfere with daily functioning and independence.

"If you're reading this article and concerned that you might be getting dementia, you probably are not, because most patients with dementia do not notice the symptoms," says Jean-Smith. "In fact, it is usually a concerned family member or friend that notices the decline and brings it to the attention of the healthcare practitioner." These are some of the signs to watch for.

Memory Changes

People with dementia may have trouble remembering things that are subtle at first, "like what they had for breakfast, forgetting where they left an item, or having a hard time remembering why they entered a certain room," says Holly Schiff, Psy.D., a licensed clinical psychologist based in New York and Connecticut.

This can include difficulty remembering important events or appointments, or forgetting familiar routines like recipes always cooked from memory, says Jean-Smith.

Difficulty Handling Complex Tasks

A person with dementia may begin having trouble with reading, writing, or complex mental tasks like balancing a checkbook, following directions, or making calculations, says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Familiar chores, like paying bills, may become difficult.

Conversely, coping with the unfamiliar can be hard for a person with dementia, who may have trouble handling unexpected events or changes in routine, says Jean-Smith.

Difficulty Driving Or Getting Lost

Someone with dementia may have trouble navigating through familiar places. They might get lost or have difficulty remembering familiar routes, like the correct off-ramp on a highway, says Jean-Smith.

Trouble Finding Words

A common early sign of dementia is the impaired ability to communicate, says the CDC. The affected person might have trouble finding the right words, finishing sentences, or following directions or conversations.

Unexplained Changes In Behavior Or Attention

A person with dementia may seem apathetic or emotionally flat, lose interest in previously enjoyed hobbies or activities, or avoid spending time with friends and family, says Schiff.

A change in attention level or ability to concentrate may also indicate dementia. "It's very unlikely an aging adult would have a new diagnosis of attention deficit disorder (ADD)," says Jean-Smith.

When to See a Doctor

"Memory problems and forgetfulness don't automatically mean you have dementia," says Schiff. "These are normal parts of aging and can be caused by other factors, but you shouldn't ignore the symptoms."

If you notice signs associated with dementia, and they aren't improving, "it's important to see your doctor so they can rule out other causes for your symptoms and determine whether it is dementia or another cognitive problem," says Schiff. "It is especially important because with early diagnosis and treatment, you can slow the progression of the disease and maintain your mental function."

Making a dementia diagnosis is complicated and may require a referral to a specialist, says Jean-Smith. That might include a geriatrician, neurologist, or neuropsychologist.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/lifesty ... 48032.html
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Dates

Hi Karim,

Dates are one of the sweetest fruits on the planet. For this reason, they’re often used in whole foods, plant-based desserts.

But are they good for you — or are they just another kind of sugar that you should avoid at all costs?

Here’s what you need to know about dates.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/are-dat ... tent=dates

Yours for healthy sweetness,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

A Natural Way To Balance Your Hormones

Hi Karim,

Every part of your body - from your brain to your heart - relies on hormones.

These "chemical messengers" are how our organs communicate with each other and they largely determine how you look, feel and function...

But the flow of hormones in your body is a very delicate dance. When hormonal activity is not in balance, a number of problems can arise, from disturbances such as poor sleep and weight gain to life-threatening diseases like cancer and heart disease.

The good news is that there are some easy natural steps you can take to rebalance your hormones (and also shed weight, boost your energy and nourish your brain health).

With that in mind, I've got something amazing to share with you...

In a few days, I'll be joining renowned natural hormone expert, Dr. Afrouz Demeri, for a worldwide webinar that we're calling Holistic Hormone Secrets. In this FREE talk, we'll be sharing some simple practices you can use to restore hormone balance and rejuvenate your body from head to toe.

Click here for full details and to sign up now https://www.thesacredscience.com/hormon ... b31591d03b

I can't tell you how excited we are for this! Together, Dr. Afrouz and I will examine a number of common hormone-related challenges and dive into some simple ways to heal these issues naturally.

In this webinar, you will learn:

- What hormones are and how they affect your health and longevity
- How you can tell if you have a hormone deficiency (there are tell-tale signs)
- How to use specific herbs to balance your hormones and improve overall reproductive health
-Some key habits and simple practices that will give you optimal hormone health
- 3 dangerous environmental toxins that are poison to your hormones and how to protect yourself from them

And much more...
Reserve your spot for our FREE Holistic Hormone Secrets Webinar!

https://www.thesacredscience.com/hormon ... f4cfae505c

Dr. Afrouz Demeri is considered to be one of the top hormone health experts in the world, and for good reason. After healing herself of a debilitating hormone-related illness in her twenties, she dedicated her entire career to understanding how this complex system within us works.

She is the former Director of Functional Medicine at University of California Irvine's Department of Medicine, is a sought after national speaker on hormone and reproductive health, and is regularly featured in major publications and documentaries.

Our goal behind this webinar is to give you a full body and mind reboot that will leave you feeling beautiful inside and out, turbo-energized and filled with inspiration.

This is something you don't want to miss!

https://www.thesacredscience.com/hormon ... ts-webinar

Stay curious,

Nick Polizzi
Host of Proven: Healing Breakthroughs Backed By Science
& Founder of The Sacred Science
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Drinking Tea May Reduce the Risk of This Cancer, Says New Study
Krissy Gasbarre
Mon, September 13, 2021, 12:38 PM

One study recently showed that a particular kind of tea may prevent the formation of painful kidney stones. Now, a new study suggests that tea may offer some protection against a type of cancer that affects nearly 200,000 new patients every year.

For a study just published in the British Journal of Nutrition, oncology and medical researchers assessed data from 25,000 men who had participated in a larger trial to determine the effects of screening for prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancers.

The participants reported their diet habits, which were cross-referenced with medical diagnoses over the course of 11.5 years. During that time, 3,088 of the male participants had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Interestingly, the men who'd reported drinking tea the most showed a "small but significantly lower risk" of developing prostate cancer, compared to men who drink tea the least.

Even when the researchers factored in age and lifestyle, regular tea drinking showed the same effect. "In conclusion," the researchers report, "among tea drinkers, there was a small positive association between drinking tea and a reduced risk of prostate cancer."

They note that their findings aren't quite overwhelming enough for men who don't drink tea to fire up the kettle.

However, with September as National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, this may be a good reminder to go for your annual checkup. It might also be promising to hear that if you're already a tea drinker, it's possible you're taking in advantageous levels of antioxidants and other nutrients—not to mention the extra hydration from that cup that helps keeps the body's systems in balance.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/ ... 51017.html
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Age related macular degeneration (ARMD) is one of the leading causes of blindness in the UK.

Age related macular degeneration (ARMD) is one of the leading causes of blindness in the UK.

ARMD causes a gradual loss in central vision, due to characteristic age related “wear and tear,” at the level of the macula within the retina.

Our central vision is used for most daily activities such as reading, writing, and recognising faces.

ARMD is more prevalent in Caucasian individuals, however it is not limited to this race. As the name suggests, increasing age (and family history) are the largest risk factors. The condition however has a strong association with chronic UV exposure, smoking and poor diet.

In the early or “dry” stages of the disease- subtle/mild deterioration in central vision occurs and thus stronger glasses is all that is usually required, and possible.

UV protection via the use of sunblock, brimmed hats and sunglasses is integral with advancing age. Not only does it have a preventative role in the development of ARMD; UV protection can slow down the progression of cataracts and prevent skin malignancies (including those of the eyelids).

Upon diagnosis of early/dry ARMD, patients are routinely educated about the benefits of applying sun protection, ceasing smoking, and introducing dietsrich in the antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin, vitamins C and E as well as the minerals Zinc and Copper.

Studies have shown that these nutrients and minerals prevent the progression of dry ARMD to the sight threatening form, wet ARMD by 25%.

To find out more about ARMD click this link https://www.rnib.org.uk/eye-health/eye- ... ration-amd.

Furthermore, ocular health can also be influenced by systemic conditions which are also heavily influenced by lifestyle choices. Such conditions include Diabetes and Hypertension (high blood pressure).

4.7 million people in the UK have diabetes and treatment accounts for 10% of the NHS’s budget- 80% of which is spent on managing complications which can be avoided by making sound lifestyle choices. Such complications include diabetic retinopathy- which is one of the leading causes of blindness in the UK.

Diabetes occurs when blood sugar levels are chronically above safe/normal limits. Diabetes can be classified by Type; namely Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational diabetes.

Type 1 is also known as Juvenile diabetes with the average age of onset before twenty years.

Type 1 Diabetes accounts for 8% of all diabetes and is characterised by the body ‘s inability to produce insulin, the hormone which allows the uptake of glucose from blood vessels to target cells throughout the body.

To the contrary, type 2 diabetes which accounts for 90% of the total Diabetes, is characterised the body’s inability to utilise the insulin; the body becomes Insulin resistant. There appears to be a strong correlation between insulin resistance and obesity.

Gestational diabetes is a temporary form and occurs in 5% of pregnant women. It usually subsides after birth.

Increased blood sugar is the diagnostic feature in all types.

The longer an individual has had diabetes and the more uncontrolled his/her sugar levels are, the more likely it is that the individual will suffer from diabetic complications.

The increased blood sugar damages larger and smaller blood vessels throughout the body, leading to a range of complications. All of which can be avoided with good diabetic control.

Uncontrolled diabetes can affect the smaller blood vessels within the retina of the eyes resulting in diabetic retinopathy. Increased blood sugar levels can either cause the finer blood vessels to become blocked and/or leaky. Such affects can be exacerbated by high blood pressure.

If the contents of the blood vessel leak into the area of the retina responsible to central visionan individual can experience blur and distortion.

Furthermore, if blood sugars are left uncontrolled retinopathy may progress to retinal detachments and glaucoma.

Finer blood vessels are not only present in the retina, but also supply the nerves responsible for eye movement. Hence as well as retinopathy, an individual may also experience temporary double vision with uncontrolled diabetes.

The good news is, treatments are better than they have ever been and, in some cases, can revive vision that has been lost.

Such complications may also be avoided and with regular annual attendance to retinal eye screening programmes across the UK. The initiative is to allow for early detection of retinopathy, allowing patients to be educated on lifestyle adjustments to optimise blood sugar control prior to progression of disease.

Please click on this link https://www.diabetes.org.uk/ for support and to find out more about specific signs, symptoms and complications associated with Diabetes:

Ocular conditions, whether they be primary (i.e., limited to the eyes e.g., ARMD) or secondary (presenting in the eyes as a systemic complication, e.g., diabetic retinopathy) can be insidious and symptom free for years, and can thus go undetected and undiagnosed.

Regular eye examinations allow such diseases to be detected early, preventing loss of vison, and allowing individuals to carry on living a normal and independent life.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/opticia ... s-eye-test

https://the.ismaili/uk/institutions/aga ... ealth-week
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Peas

Hi Karim,

Peas contain loads of the nutrients your body needs to thrive.

They’re an abundant source of carotenoids (which are especially good for your eyes), and they're high in protein, too. Plus, they’re rich in fiber, copper, manganese, and phosphorus, as well as B vitamins and vitamins A, K1, and C.

But which kinds of peas are best for you? What about frozen peas? Should you be concerned about phytates, and pesticide exposure? And how should you prepare them?

Here’s what you need to know about peas.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/are-pea ... ntent=peas

Yours for giving peas a chance,

Ocean Robbins
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

How To Care For Your Immune System | Dr. Heather Moday

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO1PvJvjKXU

Are you concerned about boosting your immune system?

You aren't alone! This week we learned about the best ways to support and balance the immune system at home or through the help of a practitioner.

This week on The Goodness Lover Podcast we spoke with Dr. Heather Moday - Board-Certified Immunologist and author of "The Immunotype Breakthrough” - about how to gain control of your immune system, what food sources and supplements can support your immunity, and so much more!

Dr. Moday shared how important it is to decrease inflammation and stress in regards to protecting your immune system, how to obtain proper nutrients from your nutrition and lifestyle to balance your immune system, and much more that can help you find a balanced, healthy life! 🎙

Listen along to hear Dr. Moday's recommended food and supplement regimen and learn all about the best foods to build immune system health!

—————————————————
00:00 Dr. Heather Moday and Immune System Introduction
05:44 How Can You Gain Control of Your Immune System
10:46 The Immunotype Breakthrough
18:57 What Led Us to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
23:46 What Evidence Is There Regarding Toxins and the Immune System?
27:40 Food and Supplement Routine to Support the Immune System
33:41 How to Relieve Stress to Protect Your Immunity
36:33 Why Vitamin C, D, and the Mineral Zinc Are Key for Immune Function
42:18 Herbs That Have Immune Balancing Effects
45:00 Dr. Moday’s Resources
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

What to do when doctors can't find a solution for you

Dear Karim,

Have you ever gone to a doctor for help and left feeling more confused or hopeless than you did before the appointment?

Maybe:

- The doctor didn’t really listen to what you were saying.
- You felt rushed, like the doctor didn’t really have time to answer your questions.
- Your concerns about medication or diagnosis were dismissed.
- You didn’t get to the root cause of the issue—you just got a prescription.

If this sounds familiar, you aren’t alone.

And this is why more and more people are turning to their inner wisdom and alternative healing modalities to create a more holistic healing program—a program that puts the power back in their hands.

If you’ve been let down by Western medicine or you’re curious about using natural healing techniques in conjunction with Western methods, I want to invite you to attend our new Energy Healing Rescue https://experience.hayhouseu.com/ultima ... MyOTc3OQS2 : A FREE Virtual Event starting on Monday, October 18 at 12:00 PM PT / 3:00 PM ET.

Join Now

This new series features five legendary healers and energy experts, including Donna Eden; Dawson Church, Ph.D.; Anodea Judith, Ph.D.; David Feinstein, Ph.D.; and Dondi Dahlin!

Dawson Church Dondi Dahlin Donna Eden David Feinstein Anodea Judith
Dawson Church, Ph.D. Dondi Dahlin Donna Eden David Feinstein, Ph.D. Anodea Judith, Ph.D.

Through four powerful webinars, you’ll learn:

- Exactly what energy healing is—including a discussion of the three overarching categories of healing techniques and how you can use energy to heal yourself
- The science that explains how these ancient practices work so well, even in our modern world
- Simple energy healing rescues you can do in the moment when you need to calm down emotions, rev up your energy, or find some mental clarity
- About tapping (or EFT), chakra charging, and figure eights, plus demonstrations of how to use these three forms of energy healing
- Advice on how to bring these healing routines into your daily life so you can create balance in your body and mind

But what’s more important than these practical things is that you’ll learn how to take your power back from your doctor. You know your body better than anyone else—so you should be in charge.

Save My Seat!

https://experience.hayhouseu.com/ultima ... MyOTc3OQS2

This free 4-part virtual event is the perfect opportunity to explore the benefits and the uses of energy healing and incorporate some simple, yet powerful healing techniques into your life.

Best wishes,
Reid Tracy
CEO, Hay House
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

2 World-Renowned Neurologists Reveal 10 New BRAIN Health Breakthroughs

Hi Karim, I hope you are doing well today.

Thousands of studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals now make this crystal clear...

You can slash your risk of cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease, and other dementias just by making simple lifestyle changes...

>>Discover 10 of the most effective steps you need to know in the free Brain Breakthroughs Masterclass right here

https://brain.foodrevolution.org/master ... n=10202021

This important and free online class is being offered to you by Ayesha and Dean Sherzai, MD — who are good friends, two of the kindest people you'll ever meet, and two of the top neurologists in the world.

As directors of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Program at Loma Linda University Medical Center, their research has demonstrated that specific steps you can take on your own starting today can radically boost the brain’s performance...

...And slash your risk of Alzheimer’s disease by up to 90%, even if you have a family history.

In the Brain Breakthroughs Masterclass, you’ll discover the most significant lifestyle factors when it comes to preserving memories, as well as:

- A single vegetable that could halt mental decline by 11 years
- The inexpensive superfood that can add up to 7 ½ years of healthy brain function
- Which proven diet plan that can slash Alzheimer’s risk by 53%
- A remarkably simple daily activity that can reduce dementia risk by 40%
- The ultimate “brain spa” that doesn’t cost a penny, doesn’t require you to go anywhere, and keeps memories from being permanently deleted

And much more
You’ll discover the four most dangerous brain myths that devastate millions of families, emotionally and financially, every year.

(Alzheimer’s is the most expensive disease to treat, even more than cancer and heart disease.)

And you’ll learn 10 recent breakthroughs that can unlock your ultimate brain health potential for more productivity, as quickly as tomorrow.

Head Here to Reserve Your FREE Spot Now

https://brain.foodrevolution.org/master ... n=10202021
Enjoy the important learning, and enjoy your day.

Brian Vaszily

P.S. Ayesha and Dean have an incredible story.

They both left behind lucrative careers in pharmaceutical research to discover and share the truth about brain health.

In this Masterclass, you’ll be inspired by their remarkable story...

Most importantly, you'll discover how to put their breakthrough research into action in your life.

Click here to grab your spot now.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Healthy poop = healthy immunity?

Dear Karim,

Did you know that people who don’t poop every day are at higher risk of a “malfunctioning” immune system?

A study of 57 adults showed that constipation is linked to “striking changes” to the gut microbiome, leading to a compromised immune response.

The craziest thing is that this study came out sixteen years ago—and the public still hasn’t been told about this important risk factor.

In fact, the whole conversation about the gut microbiome’s critical role in the immune system has been completely overlooked.

But that ends today.

Karim, I’m so excited to invite you to watch the free, limited-time screening of The Gut-Immune Solution masterclass https://gutimmunesolution.com/?a=5cf7a6 ... b=7fab12b4 .

The Gut-Immune Solution is a brand new online event with 20+ doctors, researchers, and clinicians doing the work right now to get the word out about this vital connection between the gut and optimal immune health.

You’ll learn the practical, natural, and at-home protocols to heal your gut – and help restore a healthy immune response.

Click here to get your free viewing pass https://gutimmunesolution.com/?a=5cf7a6 ... b=7fab12b4

I’ll be there… and I hope you (and your loved ones) are too.

Much love & health,

Stefan
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

How are peanut butter and high blood pressure related?

Peanut butter is one of the best high-protein, high-fat nutritional food sources.

Peanut butter is rich in protein, fat, monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, B vitamins, folic acid, tryptophan, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron.

Patients with high blood pressure can eat peanut butter appropriately.

Studies have found that peanut butter contains a large amount of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA). MUFA has the effects of lowering cholesterol, lowering blood pressure, and lowering blood lipids.

Peanut butter contains tryptophan. Tryptophan can promote the secretion of serotonin and melatonin. At the same time, it can regulate the body's biological clock, which is very helpful for sleep at night.

However, peanut butter is a high-calorie food, 100 grams of peanut butter contains 588 calories. Eating too much peanut butter can easily lead to obesity.

It is recommended to eat only 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (approximately 30 grams) a day.

https://www.quora.com/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ringing ears and stress, hormones, inflammation, and…

Silence can be a wonderful and relaxing experience, but unfortunately for many people, there is NO silence–but instead there’s a buzzing, ringing, humming, hissing, roaring, or even shrieking sound. While it may be quiet outside your head, inside there may be constant noise. The sound can be soft or loud, high-pitched or low-pitched. Tinnitus can come and go–get worse or get better.

It's estimated that as many as 60 million people in the U.S. alone suffer with Tinnitus, which is why I'm sharing this brand new guest-article to help you get to the bottom of the causes, and solutions, for Tinnitus

Tinnitus + stress, your hormones, inflammation, and... (triggers plus how to kill it)

https://thenutritionwatchdog.com/tinnitus-triggers/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Flavonoids

Hi Karim,

Flavonoids are some of the most potent and health-promoting compounds on the planet. They fight inflammation, heart disease, and cancer. They also promote brain health, and they’re even good for your bones!

So what are flavonoids, exactly? Which kinds are best? How much do you need, and what are the best sources?

Find out all about flavonoids, and how to put them to work for your health, here.

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/what-ar ... flavonoids

Yours for excellent nutrition,

Ocean Robbins

P.S. Scientists have so far identified more than 6,000 different flavonoids. These plant compounds provide critical support to help your body fight off infection and thrive. Here’s what you need to know about flavonoids.