black clothes ???

Discussion on R&R from all regions
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote:Imam does not have to follow Sirat e Mustaqeem because his farmans are Sirat e Mustaqeem for followers. I belong to young generation of 21st century and not living in 12th century blindfolded.
Followers follow the leader and leaders set example for followers.
In Ismailism as per our Du'a Imams are pure (1st part). They do not need Siratal Mustaqeem to purify themselves. As per discussion of this thread, black colour has harmful effects but the Imams being pure are not effected by time as per Ginan verse:

Eji Nisi jal hoveto kuchh kaar na aave
Pir-ne farmaayaa bandaa sohi kamaave.. so allaah. 2

If one is as pure as water, he is not effected by time. He acts accrding to the Farmans of the Pir.

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/3812

My question basically was about black attire and not about purification of Imam. If you look at my opening sentence I already wrote," Imam does not have to follow Sirat."
You have related a part of ginan to Imam ie;
NISI JAL HOVEY TOU KUCHH KAAR NA AAWEY
PIRU(N) NEY FARMAAYA BANDA SOHI KAMAAVEY
SO ALLAH GUNN TERA
This part is in connection to a BANDA/ MOMIN, and not Imam,
YA SHAH AWAGUNNA BAHUT HAMERA JI.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

MSMS was not strict about black clothing till his mother was alive. She was ISNA'ASHIRI and buried at NAJAF ASHARAF in IRAQ. Some say before her last breath she became an Ismail ( wala a'lam ), my question has been why she waited 80+ years? Mother of MSMS arranged the Muharam Majalis and with other ladies of the house she attended NOHA KHWANI. The cavalry men and their families who accompanied Shah Hasan Ali Shah and settled in Mumbai and Puna also wore black attire and attended Muharam Majalis, mostly were related to mother of MSMS. After her demise MSMS made strict farman about black clothes.
Other factor was KHOJA ISNA'ASHIRIS, they wore black attire. To differentiate from them Imam ordered to avoid black clothes.
Now a days because of Pluralism, I heard Hazar Imam is lenient about black attire.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote:My question basically was about black attire and not about purification of Imam. If you look at my opening sentence I already wrote," Imam does not have to follow Sirat."
SO ALLAH GUNN TERA
There is no mention in your quote about black clothing. You indicated in your thread that the Imam should be the role model and I was responding to that. His purity has everything about him not being a role model. He does not have to say Dua or attend JK as other Ismailis for example.

The point I was making is that when one is pure, he is not effected by the influence of time, regardless of the basis of his purity. A momin attains purity through Ibadat and the Imam is pure by birth. In both cases there is no effect of time.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote:MSMS was not strict about black clothing till his mother was alive. She was ISNA'ASHIRI and buried at NAJAF ASHARAF in IRAQ. Some say before her last breath she became an Ismail ( wala a'lam ), my question has been why she waited 80+ years? Mother of MSMS arranged the Muharam Majalis and with other ladies of the house she attended NOHA KHWANI. The cavalry men and their families who accompanied Shah Hasan Ali Shah and settled in Mumbai and Puna also wore black attire and attended Muharam Majalis, mostly were related to mother of MSMS. After her demise MSMS made strict farman about black clothes.
Other factor was KHOJA ISNA'ASHIRIS, they wore black attire. To differentiate from them Imam ordered to avoid black clothes.
Now a days because of Pluralism, I heard Hazar Imam is lenient about black attire.
Nobody influences the Imam on matters of faith, not even his mother!

In fact on page 3 of this thread, there is a Farman of MSMS made in 1920 about his dislike of black colour!

According to my interpretation, had she become a murid during the earlier phase of her life, she would have found it very difficult to reconcile the fact that she was the mother of her son to whom she had to obey!
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote:MSMS was not strict about black clothing till his mother was alive. She was ISNA'ASHIRI and buried at NAJAF ASHARAF in IRAQ. Some say before her last breath she became an Ismail ( wala a'lam ), my question has been why she waited 80+ years? Mother of MSMS arranged the Muharam Majalis and with other ladies of the house she attended NOHA KHWANI. The cavalry men and their families who accompanied Shah Hasan Ali Shah and settled in Mumbai and Puna also wore black attire and attended Muharam Majalis, mostly were related to mother of MSMS. After her demise MSMS made strict farman about black clothes.
Nobody influences the Imam on matters of faith, not even his mother!

In fact on page 3 of this thread, there is a Farman of MSMS made in 1920 about his dislike of black colour!

According to my interpretation, had she become a murid during the earlier phase of her life, she would have found it very difficult to reconcile the fact that she was the mother of her son to whom she had to obey!
Will you please write the Farman of MSMS of 1920 in which he said," he disliked the black color."
Regarding your interpretation," that if she became a murid during earlier phase of her life, she would have found it very difficult to reconcile the fact that she was the mother of her son to whom she had to obey." I was not expecting such reply from a person of high caliber!
What about the rest of other Imam's mothers, did they felt in same way, they did not become Ismaili because they have to obey son as Imam. MSMS's mother was a particular case because she was Isna'ashiri by faith.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote:My question basically was about black attire and not about purification of Imam. If you look at my opening sentence I already wrote," Imam does not have to follow Sirat."
SO ALLAH GUNN TERA
There is no mention in your quote about black clothing. You indicated in your thread that the Imam should be the role model and I was responding to that. His purity has everything about him not being a role model. He does not have to say Dua or attend JK as other Ismailis for example.

The point I was making is that when one is pure, he is not effected by the influence of time, regardless of the basis of his purity. A momin attains purity through Ibadat and the Imam is pure by birth. In both cases there is no effect of time.
But the part of ginan you mentioned is for Banda and not about Imam.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: What about the rest of other Imam's mothers, did they felt in same way, they did not become Ismaili because they have to obey son as Imam. MSMS's mother was a particular case because she was Isna'ashiri by faith.
Generally the mothers of Imams are not murids, for example the mother of the present Imam was not a murid.

There have been exceptions as in the case of Bibi Fatimah.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote: What about the rest of other Imam's mothers, did they felt in same way, they did not become Ismaili because they have to obey son as Imam. MSMS's mother was a particular case because she was Isna'ashiri by faith.
Generally the mothers of Imams are not murids, for example the mother of the present Imam was not a murid.

There have been exceptions as in the case of Bibi Fatimah.
A new ideology is in making, what can I say!! Mothers of Imams are exempted to become Ismaili. What about Pirs mothers, are they exempted too?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: A new ideology is in making, what can I say!! Mothers of Imams are exempted to become Ismaili. What about Pirs mothers, are they exempted too?
It is not a new ideology, it has been going on for centuries. For Pirs, it is a different story. They are not always from the same genealogy. The Imam may appoint a brother, nephew, uncle of the Pir or assume the role himself.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote: A new ideology is in making, what can I say!! Mothers of Imams are exempted to become Ismaili. What about Pirs mothers, are they exempted too?
It is not a new ideology, it has been going on for centuries. For Pirs, it is a different story. They are not always from the same genealogy. The Imam may appoint a brother, nephew, uncle of the Pir or assume the role himself.
So according to you mothers of Imams are exempted but not the mothers of pirs; in other words mothers of pirs were/are Ismailis.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

So according to you mothers of Imams are exempted but not the mothers of pirs; in other words mothers of pirs were/are Ismailis.
Imam's mother and wife cannot became Ismailis, reason is simple all Ismailis are Imam's childrens. The Imam never marry with any Ismaili.

Pir's are himself murids( Ismaili ) , so there is nothing wrong if their mother are also murid( Ismaili ).
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: So according to you mothers of Imams are exempted but not the mothers of pirs; in other words mothers of pirs were/are Ismailis.
Not all, the mothers of Pir Karim, Pir Shahbudin, Pir Ali Shah were not Ismailis.
SabirSaleem90

Re: WHOSE INTELLECT YOURS OR IMAMS?

Post by SabirSaleem90 »

[quote="shamsu"]

Ya Ali Madad

Basically I come to this thread almost 17 Years but I think it is an useful info to share...

Basically at time when it is not permissible to differ between Ismaili Shai & Ithna Ashari Shia (Twelvers) so our 48th Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah Made Farman on Ismailis to avoid Black and the Farman you shared

"Once Mowlana Hazar Imam,Shah Karim, was visiting the Darkhana at Dar es Salaam. As He was climbing the stairs he noticed that the Mukhi, Najmudin Kassam Dewji, who was just behind the Imam, had put on black socks. Mowlana Hazar Imam cautioned him: " Mukhi you are wearing black socks here?" The mukhi immediately removed the socks and followed his Mowla bare feet."

When Mowlana Hazar Imam asked the Mukhi in Dar-Es-Salaam, “Mukhi you are wearing black socks here?", by “here” he meant “in the sweltering heat of Dar-Es-Salaam”. It is a well known scientific fact that black colour absorbs and retains heat whereas white reflects the heat. Consequently, it is wise to wear non-black clothes in the tropical climate to keep cool.

Also Now a Days Current Imam has no Farmans on restricting Black also he
own Wears black one thing According Sunni Sunnat e Nabvi Means

Sunnat Means tariqa & Sunnat e Nabvi means Tariqa of Prophet so all Muslims should follow the Sunnat of Prophet Same as we Shia Obey Wasi e Rasool Aal e Nabi Aulad e Ali Maula Ali and would continue through Ali’s direct descendants, called Imams. so we should Follow Imam e Zaman Sunnat means Sunnat Ali Better so Imam e Zaman own even wear black

According to Hadith Prophet itself wears black refer below Hadith from Bukhari Book of Dress

(22)Chapter: The black Khamisa(22)باب الْخَمِيصَةِ السَّوْدَاءِ
Narrated Um Khalid bint Khalid:

The Prophet (ﷺ) was given some clothes including a black Khamisa. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "To whom shall we give this to wear?" The people kept silent whereupon the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Fetch Um Khalid for me." I (Um Khalid) was brought carried (as I was small girl at that time). The Prophet (ﷺ) took the Khamisa in his hands and made me wear it and said, "May you live so long that your dress will wear out and you will mend it many times." On the Khamisa there were some green or pale designs (The Prophet (ﷺ) saw these designs) and said, "O Um Khalid! This is Sanah." (Sanah in a Ethiopian word meaning beautiful).

So it's Sunnat e Nabvi too

According to Color of Kaaba it was black from the time of Prophet Muhammad

Our color of Hair is Black it's the color of Nature

Also if this is Color of Sadness (Black) we wore in bad occasions so peoples in india wore white in death so white is sadness for them so what you think in india white should be avoided ?

So Please think and reflect on Imam Farmans and interpret it correctly so there will be no confusions :)

Thanks

At Last Ya Ali Madad <3
SabirSaleem90

Re: knowing, understanding and realising

Post by SabirSaleem90 »

[quote="shamsu"]Dear shamsu,

Ya Ali Madad

Basically I come to this thread almost 17 Years but I think it is an useful info to share...

Basically at time when it is not permissible to differ between Ismaili Shai & Ithna Ashari Shia (Twelvers) so our 48th Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah Made Farman on Ismailis to avoid Black and the Farman you shared

"Once Mowlana Hazar Imam,Shah Karim, was visiting the Darkhana at Dar es Salaam. As He was climbing the stairs he noticed that the Mukhi, Najmudin Kassam Dewji, who was just behind the Imam, had put on black socks. Mowlana Hazar Imam cautioned him: " Mukhi you are wearing black socks here?" The mukhi immediately removed the socks and followed his Mowla bare feet."

When Mowlana Hazar Imam asked the Mukhi in Dar-Es-Salaam, “Mukhi you are wearing black socks here?", by “here” he meant “in the sweltering heat of Dar-Es-Salaam”. It is a well known scientific fact that black colour absorbs and retains heat whereas white reflects the heat. Consequently, it is wise to wear non-black clothes in the tropical climate to keep cool.

Also Now a Days Current Imam has no Farmans on restricting Black also he

Sunnat Means tariqa & Sunnat e Nabvi means Tariqa of Prophet so all Muslims should follow the Sunnat of Prophet Same as we Shia Obey Wasi e Rasool Aal e Nabi Aulad e Ali Maula Ali and would continue through Ali’s direct descendants, called Imams. so we should Follow Imam e Zaman Sunnat means Sunnat Ali Better so Imam e Zaman own even wear black

According to Hadith Prophet itself wears black refer below Hadith from Bukhari Book of Dress

(22)Chapter: The black Khamisa(22)&#1576;&#1575;&#1576; &#1575;&#1604;&#1618;&#1582;&#1614;&#1605;&#1616;&#1610;&#1589;&#1614;&#1577;&#1616; &#1575;&#1604;&#1587;&#1617;&#1614;&#1608;&#1618;&#1583;&#1614;&#1575;&#1569;&#1616;

The Prophet (&#65018;) was given some clothes including a black Khamisa. The Prophet (&#65018;) said, "To whom shall we give this to wear?" The people kept silent whereupon the Prophet (&#65018;) said, "Fetch Um Khalid for me." I (Um Khalid) was brought carried (as I was small girl at that time). The Prophet (&#65018;) took the Khamisa in his hands and made me wear it and said, "May you live so long that your dress will wear out and you will mend it many times." On the Khamisa there were some green or pale designs (The Prophet (&#65018;) saw these designs) and said, "O Um Khalid! This is Sanah." (Sanah in a Ethiopian word meaning beautiful).

So it's Sunnat e Nabvi too

According to Color of Kaaba it was black from the time of Prophet Muhammad

Our color of Hair is Black it's the color of Nature

Also if this is Color of Sadness (Black) we wore in bad occasions so peoples in india wore white in death so white is sadness for them so what you think in india white should be avoided ?

So Please think and reflect on Imam Farmans and interpretate it correctly so there will be no confusions :)

Thanks

At Last Ya Ali Madad <3
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SabirSaleem90 wrote: Also Now a Days Current Imam has no Farmans on restricting Black also he

In an esoteric tradition, we don't follow what the Imam does but what he tells us to do.

Black and dark colors attract evil spirits. Hence for murids it can be harmful. However for the Pure and Perfect, the evil spirits have no power
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
SabirSaleem90 wrote: Also Now a Days Current Imam has no Farmans on restricting Black also he

In an esoteric tradition, we don't follow what the Imam does but what he tells us to do.

Black and dark colors attract evil spirits.
Dear Sir, do you have any proof that BLACK and DARK colors attract EVIL SPIRITS?
My hair color and eyes are dark, am I an evil spirit?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote:
Dear Sir, do you have any proof that BLACK and DARK colors attract EVIL SPIRITS?
Read the article:

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation. ... ng-colors/
SabirSaleem90

Post by SabirSaleem90 »

[quote="swamidada"][quote="kmaherali"][quote="SabirSaleem90"]

Ok let me solve this confusion

when I am denying that we're not an esoteric it is Alright...

but Imam itself says we are having Faith with an intellect

“in Islamic belief, knowledge is two-fold. There is that revealed through the Holy Prophet [Salla-llahu ‘alayhi wa- sallam] and that which man discovers by virtue of his own intellect. Nor do these two involve any contradiction, provided man remembers that his own mind is itself the creation of God. Without this humility, no balance is possible. With it, there are no barriers. Indeed one strength of Islam has always lain in its belief that creation is not static but continuous, that through scientific and other endeavours, God has opened and continues to open new windows for us to see the marvels of His creation.”
Extracts from Mawlana Hazar Imam’s speech
Upon the Acceptance of the Charter of the Aga Khan University
Karachi, Pakistan, March 16, 1983
Speech published in Hikmat, Vol I No IV, July 1984

Now the Farmans of Hazir Imam there is not Farman on addressing to avoid black you should see context of Farmans this is not implied for whole life but
for some hard times for instance we can do Ibadat at homes because JamatKhana aren't opened for pandemic this is not implied for whole life but for difficult time likewise black was avoided from the period of 48th Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah due to distinguish between Ismaili Shia & Twelver Shia also remember according to Sha Sources Imam Jafar Sadiq Said

“Don’t pray in it, that is dress of people of fire”
(Source: Al-Shia.com,

So let me clarify by very simple example

Fire is the object of hell ok ? so should we avoid to use Fire for making any recipe isn't a big No...... so likewise if black is dress of people of fire but we can use for Worldly matters this is upto you to avoid or implement but you should never bound people to avoid also refer Haidth because this is strong not weak Hadith brother from Sahi Bukhari

Narrated Abu Burda:

Aisha brought out to us a Kisa and an Izar and said, "The Prophet (&#65018;) died while wearing these two." (Kisa, a square black piece of woolen cloth. Izar, a sheet cloth garment covering the lower half of the body).

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 5818

The Prophet (&#65018;) was given some clothes including a black Khamisa. The Prophet (&#65018;) said, "To whom shall we give this to wear?" The people kept silent whereupon the Prophet (&#65018;) said, "Fetch Um Khalid for me." I (Um Khalid) was brought carried (as I was small girl at that time). The Prophet (&#65018;) took the Khamisa in his hands and made me wear it and said, "May you live so long that your dress will wear out and you will mend it many times." On the Khamisa there were some green or pale designs (The Prophet (&#65018;) saw these designs) and said, "O Um Khalid! This is Sanah." (Sanah in a Ethiopian word meaning beautiful).

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 5823

Please understand intelligently do not mis guide Jamat understand by context by this there are much clarifications and references...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SabirSaleem90 wrote: when I am denying that we're not an esoteric it is Alright...
No it is not alright. We are an esoteric tradition.
SabirSaleem90 wrote: Now the Farmans of Hazir Imam there is not Farman on addressing to avoid black you should see context of Farmans this is not implied for whole life but
for some hard times for instance we can do Ibadat at homes because JamatKhana aren't opened for pandemic this is not implied for whole life but for difficult time likewise black was avoided from the period of 48th Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah due to distinguish between Ismaili Shia & Twelver Shia also remember according to Sha Sources Imam Jafar Sadiq Said
Mowlana Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah had made the following holy farman to the ladies at Karachi,in 1920:
"Why have you come here in front (of me) wearing black clothes. It is not good (for you) to come to jamatkhana wearing black clothes. You must have read my farmans I had made in Zanzibar about it. I am not happy at all to see you here in such (black) and expensive dresses."

Please go through the whole thread.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote:
Read the article:

Thanks for informative article.

In my opinion inner darkness is worst than black clothing. When I attended BK prorie, at ibadat time lights are off in prayer hall for concentration. My surrounding is pitch dark and in that darkness I try to visualize light!!
SabirSaleem90

Post by SabirSaleem90 »

kmaherali wrote:
SabirSaleem90 wrote: when I am denying that we're not an esoteric it is Alright...
No it is not alright. We are an esoteric tradition.
SabirSaleem90 wrote: Now the Farmans of Hazir Imam there is not Farman on addressing to avoid black you should see context of Farmans this is not implied for whole life but
Mowlana Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah had made the following holy farman to the ladies at Karachi,in 1920:
"Why have you come here in front (of me) wearing black clothes. It is not good (for you) to come to jamatkhana wearing black clothes. You must have read my farmans I had made in Zanzibar about it. I am not happy at all to see you here in such (black) and expensive dresses."

Please go through the whole thread.

yes I understand we are an esoteric I am not denying the thing is above stated Farman is for that context when black was avoided in Zanzibar Farmans at the time of Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah and I told with each explanations above I am not repeating you can go above and read those reasons why it was forbidden at that time also if you can go to inner explanation to this Farman it was you know due that Lady wore because his Husband was died Imam knows that and read Full Farman with context not half Sultan Muhammad Shah Further asked Captain of that Corp and she further said she wore due to here husband die and Imam Said I am Alive say here Imam Alive she should not do Mourning refer below quoted Full Farman

Mowlana Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah had made the following Holy Farman to the ladies at Karachi,in 1920:
"Why have you come here in front (of me) wearing black clothes. It is not good (for you) to come to Jamatkhana wearing black clothes. You must have read my farmans I had made in Zanzibar about it. I am not happy at all to see you here in such (black) and expensive dresses."

The writer (Missionary Abu Aly) is the eye witness to the following incident.
On a day in 1945, Mowlana Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah had visited the Aga Hall (known as Wadi) at Bombay to bestow didaar. As he came out of his car a captain of the Ladies' Volunteer Corps gave a salute of honour but the Imam ignored it. He then summoned the major of the Corps and asked her why the captain, who saluted, was wearing a black stripe around her pachhedi (the head cloth, a part of the uniform) instead of the usual Corps' official stripe? She replied that her dhani (husband, master) had died a few days ago; she was mourning. The Holy Imam said:"Tell her that dhani's Dhani (Imam) is alive always." As soon as the captain was told this she removed the black stripe from her pachhedi instantly. The Holy Imam blessed her and her husband's Soul.

So these Farmans are implied for that context when this was forbidden even if you go Canada even Mukhi at Part wears black in current context it is not forbidden it is upto you if not satisfy so you can avoid in Religious Gathering this is my comments for you :)
SabirSaleem90

Post by SabirSaleem90 »

swamidada wrote:
kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote:
Read the article:

Thanks for informative article.

In my opinion inner darkness is worst than black clothing. When I attended BK prorie, at ibadat time lights are off in prayer hall for concentration. My surrounding is pitch dark and in that darkness I try to visualize light!!

Absolutely I agree.