alcohol and smoking

Current issues, news and ethics
aminpunjani

alcohol and smoking

Post by aminpunjani »

yam
alcohol is forbidden in islam..then y not the smoking....??by smoking..it is not just injurious for the person who smoke but it is also danger for other person..who inhale its smoke...
bye tc
unnalhaq

Re: alcohol and smoking

Post by unnalhaq »

aminpunjani wrote:yam
alcohol is forbidden in islam..then y not the smoking....??by smoking..it is not just injurious for the person who smoke but it is also danger for other person..who inhale its smoke...
bye tc
Al-Cohol is referred to as a substance that impairs one's judgment. Sure, smoking in public does hinder on other's rights and in Islam teaches us to respect others rights. You can smoke on you own as long as you are not heating others. But The Imam has explained to us, in his Farmans, how smoking hurts others even though one smokes all alone.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

aminpunjani wrote:yam
bye tc
Intoxication of any form is forbidden in Islam.
As for Smoking...It is the farman of not only MSMS but MHI as well that we don't indulge in it, and this was made way before the West discovered that smoking is harmful to health.

Shams
aminpunjani

Post by aminpunjani »

Al-Cohol is referred to as a substance that impairs one's judgment. Sure, smoking in public does hinder on other's rights and in Islam teaches us to respect others rights. You can smoke on you own as long as you are not heating others. But The Imam has explained to us, in his Farmans, how smoking hurts others even though one smokes all alone.[/quote]

ya ali madad
unallhaq and shamb
i dont smoke....and inshallah i will never smoke..life is very precious
mine frds smoke ..is there any quranic verses on this matter....mine 2-3 ismaili frds.and other non ismaili frds smokes..thats y i m asking?
bye tc
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

aminpunjani wrote: ya ali madad
unallhaq and shamb
i dont smoke....and inshallah i will never smoke..life is very precious
mine frds smoke ..is there any quranic verses on this matter....mine 2-3 ismaili frds.and other non ismaili frds smokes..thats y i m asking?
bye tc
Well aminpunjani,
For your Ismaili friends, there are numerous Farmans of The Present Imam.
For your other Muslim friends who are not Ismailis, there are few passages in Quran that commends mankind to respect others rights that I had explained before and I know in one of the recent Farman(last 20 yrs, I am paraphrasing, you may want to look in to it further) the Imam explains that, it is not in Quaran that you don't smoke and He further explains why smoking is harmful not just to the smoker but it effects others (rights) in the immediate family and on to the community and on.
If you give me few weeks or so I'll lookup The Quranic passage on the right of the others.