Princess KHALIYA

Current issues, news and ethics
zahirkarim

Princess KHALIYA

Post by zahirkarim »

I have heard happy news of PRINCE HUSSAIN'S ENGAGEMENT.Congratulation to every one in advance if this is true!
maheroonPradhan

Re: PRINCE HUSSAIN'S ENGAGEMENT

Post by maheroonPradhan »

Engagement announced between Prince Hussain Aga Khan and Miss Kristin J. White.

(adopted name Khaliya).

zahirkarim wrote:I have heard happy news of PRINCE HUSSAIN'S ENGAGEMENT.Congratulation to every one in advance if this is true!
maheroonPradhan

Update

Post by maheroonPradhan »

Aga Khan's son to wed American sweetheart
(AFP)

25 April 2006

PARIS - The second son of the Aga Khan, the billionaire spiritual leader of the world's 15 million Shia Ismaili Muslims, is to marry his American sweetheart this year, the family said on Tuesday.

Prince Hussain, 32, met Kristin J. White, who is two years his junior and who took the name Khaliya following her conversion to Islam, when the pair were graduate students at New York's Columbia University.

Their wedding is planned for the autumn, according to a statement from the Aga Khan's secretariat, based in a chateau in Gouvieux near Paris.

Hussain, who studied international relations at Columbia, is responsible for developing environmental projects at the Aga Khan Foundation.

His fiancee, a consultant on health matters, and has researched urbanism, health and development issues in Asia, North America and eastern Europe, the secretariat said.

Prince Hussein is the third child and second son from Prince Karim Aga Khan's first marriage, to the British top model Sally Croker Poole, who became Princess Salimah Aga Khan.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a lengthy article in the Dailymail saying Aga Khan's son [Prince Hussain] gets divorced from his American wife [Princess Khaliya] - as she buys $2.2million Manhattan apartment to start her new single life. The article rely on a video of Princess Khaliya talking of a Foundation she has opened and referring in it to her title as coming from her ex-husband. The Tabloid says "However, at a conference earlier this year in Las Vegas to announce the launch of her new foundation, Princess Khaliya was asked about her royal links. Pausing for a moment, she said: ‘I married somebody who is a Prince by honorary decree through the British system because of the aid that they gave to the Indian state during the Battle of Independence…it’s kind of complicated, it’s more of a title that’s connected to a people than to a land. ‘Technically it’s my husband’s domain - my ex-husband’s domain.’ And when asked if she was royal, she replied: ‘I am and I’m not!’ Speaking at Catalyst Week in Las Vegas, Princess Khaliya said: ‘My story is one of listening to your heart and following your intuition and taking paths that are not always the most obvious or the easiest ones - or the most intelligent ones. And I think there’s a lesson to be learned in that.'

She discussed her time in the Peace Corps and meeting her ex-husband, which led her to setting up her own foundation, adding: ‘Every time I followed my heart, my intuition and my consciousness led me down another path.’ Her foundation, she said, aims to ‘harness technology in Silicon Valley and use it in the developing world.’

As there is nothing more on substance in that article, the full text will not be posted here.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is an interview of Princess Khaliya explaining about her health issues.

Princess Khaliya Aga Khan on CNN Money Switzerland

https://youtu.be/ppec_ahLYkE
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Princess Khaliya Aga Khan on how we create the right conditions for future generations to thrive.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIINzjzTbps