Afghanistan Ismaili and other ismailies around the world. .

Discussion on Devotional lit.
ikarriya

Afghanistan Ismaili and other ismailies around the world. .

Post by ikarriya »

I am an Ismaili Muslim from Afghanistan, i want Afghanistan Ismail Muslim to have the nearest knowdlege relations, nearest idea relations and sharing openions with the ismailis all over the world. Coz you know that afghanistan Ismaili is the backwarded ismaili muslims then other Ismailis over the world. So if we have idea sharing with each other, if our beloved Ismailis, our talented and high educated Ismaili all over the world try to make their Afghan Ismailis open minded, it would be a very big Khidmat for not only Ismaili Jamat, but for humaniterian manners. So this nice site would help us a lot to be in touch and to share ideas and help each others. Sometimes when i see and hear about my developed Ismailis around the world, about their activities, their KhidmatGuzari and etc... i become very happy and pray for their more and more successes, besides i wish a lot that one day Afghanistan Jamat who are living in Afghanistan become like our currently developed Ismailis.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Which Ismaili tradition do you practise?
1) Philosophical Ismailism of Pir Nasir Khusraw;
2) Ginanic and Pir tradition of Khoja Ismailis:
3) Sufi tradition
4) Other?
nagib

Post by nagib »

I think the tradition of that Ismaili is not relevant as Imam promote pluralism and the strenght of diversity in tradition. If I understand well, he just means to say we should help the Ismailis who are less fortunate.

Nagib
ikarriya

Post by ikarriya »

nashvelshi wrote:Which Ismaili tradition do you practise?
1) Philosophical Ismailism of Pir Nasir Khusraw;
2) Ginanic and Pir tradition of Khoja Ismailis:
3) Sufi tradition
4) Other?
Sallam,
Dear Nashvelshi,
You are right that i didn't mention this, but i think it is not important to mention it, is it??? So for your sake i am going to tell you that we are practicing the philosophical tradion of Pir Nasir Khusraw, and respect all other tradions.
ikarriya

thanks for nice quote

Post by ikarriya »

nagib wrote:I think the tradition of that Ismaili is not relevant as Imam promote pluralism and the strenght of diversity in tradition. If I understand well, he just means to say we should help the Ismailis who are less fortunate.

Nagib
Sallam Nagib Jan , , ,

Thanks for the kind quote, and yes you got my point, i meant that we should have mind relation, as we know that you are the other side of the world and we are the other. But we should have contact for the sake of our being one jamat. I am sorry to mention here that we are not less fortunate, we are very much fortunate that our beloved Imam is sending his prayers to us, and we are all always in His heart, but just we are in a backward country wich our young Jamats don't have much facilities of earning knowdlege and sharing ideas. Once again thanks for nice quote.
regards,
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Sorry,

I did not mean that to imply a divisiveness and it should not be taken that way. Whether one follows the philosophical tradition of Nasir Khusraw, the ginanic tradition of Khoja Ismailis or any other variation or combination, all Ismaili traditions coalesce around the fundamental concept of Imamat.

The comment that there is great enrichment to be derived from the pluralistic traditions within the jamat is very accurate and appropriate.
I am as enriched by the gnostic messages in the ginanic tradition of the Khojas as I am by the philosophical and intellectual traditions of earlier Ismaili doctrines. I am also deeply enriched by the poetry of the sufi tradition that developed in both shia and sunni Islam to complement the sharia of the orthodoxy.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

ikarriya,

Do you know anything about Ismailis in China, especially in Kashgar, Urumqui and other places in western China? I am planning to travel to China in 2007 and plan to take a train ride along the silk route all the way to Kashgar.

Any contacts you may have there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
ikarriya

Post by ikarriya »

That's Okay, dear velvesh, , ,

sometimes misunderstanding occurs, so we should make clear ASAP. as you did here, thanks a lot.

Regarding your next quote i should confess that i even did not understand that we have Ismaili Jamat in China as well, by knowing this i became very happy, it is a very great fact. An ha, i wish you go there, meet them and let us know about their traditions and the population, I wish you all the best, i wish i could go with you, but i know it is impossible for me, I pray that MHI help you in your way to there.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

"With Sinkiang, Kashgar, and Yarkand(all in China) we have no communication at present, since the frontier is closed-but no more firmly against Ismailis than against anyone else-but we know that they are free to follow their religion and that they are firm and devoted Ismailis with a great deal of self-confidence and the feeling that they constitute by far the most important Ismaili community in the whole world".

Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah,
'Memoirs of Aga Khan'.
logical

Post by logical »

nashvelshi wrote:ikarriya,

Do you know anything about Ismailis in China, especially in Kashgar, Urumqui and other places in western China? I am planning to travel to China in 2007 and plan to take a train ride along the silk route all the way to Kashgar.

Any contacts you may have there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You should contact br. Karim Dad who is a regular at Ismailisoul - chicken soup for ismaili soul.
ikarriya

Post by ikarriya »

nashvelshi wrote:"With Sinkiang, Kashgar, and Yarkand(all in China) we have no communication at present, since the frontier is closed-but no more firmly against Ismailis than against anyone else-but we know that they are free to follow their religion and that they are firm and devoted Ismailis with a great deal of self-confidence and the feeling that they constitute by far the most important Ismaili community in the whole world".

Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah,
'Memoirs of Aga Khan'.
Dear NashVelshi,,
Have you gone to China yet? You were supposed to go there, if yes, please provide me some information regarding them, if not when will you go??
thanks
Noor_Ali

Afghan Ismailis

Post by Noor_Ali »

Ya Ali Madad, ikarriya.
thank you very much for the fillings that you have about the Ismailis Of Afghanistan. May Mawla give more courage to be involved in their feelings and despairs.I want to know that you said the Afgan Jama'at is the Backwarded Jama'at around the world. what did you really mean by it? Are they economically backwarded, they don't have the equal level of quality of life like the other jama'ats around the world? are they not involved in the istitutional contributions? In what sense did you find them backwarded? If you please clarify this, otherwise this will create a big confusion among the Jama'ats.
awaiting for your reply.
Noor Ali
From_Alamut

Re: Afghan Ismailis

Post by From_Alamut »

Ya Ali Madad and Salam

If you want to have a deep understanding of
The Ismailis in Afghanistan and their full visions history from
the begging of their conversion till present time, please
see 0993f. The Ismailis of Afghanistan Mumtaz Ali Tajddin Sadiq Ali. Karachi, October 2002

To get the article from the library,

go to

http://www.ismaili.net/inbyauth.html

Then, click on Abbreviation then press T.

Once you get there, then click on Tajddin, Mumtaz Ali and then on the article of "The Ismailis of Afghanistan"