is Hazir Imam more than an Intercessor?

Discussion on doctrinal issues
sheri

Post by sheri »

shiraz.virani wrote: LOL.....all I could do is laugh at this interpretation but if you think this is a valid interpretation for you then congratulations !!!
By laughing at this interpretation you are just making your insecurities evident. It would be best to respectfully debate, but mocking others show a deficiency in your character.

If you don't agree and you like your interpretation better, be it. But don't try to mock others, its only another interpretation. Both yours and noors interpretations may be correct, they may both be incorrect or they may both be irrelevant. Only MHI interpretations are taken as absolute. So, please learn to respect the views of others.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Sheri said :
By laughing at this interpretation you are just making your insecurities evident. It would be best to respectfully debate, but mocking others show a deficiency in your character.

If you don't agree and you like your interpretation better, be it. But don't try to mock others, its only another interpretation. Both yours and noors interpretations may be correct, they may both be incorrect or they may both be irrelevant. Only MHI interpretations are taken as absolute. So, please learn to respect the views of others.
I'm sorry but either you pick and choose what you wanna see and read or you are purposely ignored what i wrote
LOL.....all I could do is laugh at this interpretation but if you think this is a valid interpretation for you then congratulations !!!
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Br Shiraz
You can laugh all you want.
It is not easy to analyze Ahadith. They exist in both Shia and Sunni world. They even exist in Ismaili world in the form of saying of Imams.
Whats so difficult in that above hadith ??

According to one A who heard from B who in turn [supposedly] heard the prophet of allah[swt] say that "Allah[swt] created H.Adam[as] in his own image"

Whats so difficult to analyze ???

I haven't seen any difficulty from your side while interpreting the word "IMAMIN MUBIN "
sheri

Post by sheri »

Even if the majority of scholars have interpreted it in a certain way it does not make this interpretation any right or wrong. If majority is the way to build consensus, then Catholicism is a majority religion. Should we all agree to Catholic interpretation of God?

In Ismailism, only MHI's interpretation is absolute. No majority, no minority.
shiraz.virani wrote:The meaning of saban minel mathani (seven from pairs) has been interpreted by the majority of scholars as "oft-repeated seven," implying the most repeated chapter of the Quran, the seven versed first chapter.

However, if the first chapter of the Quran is part of the Quran, it surely is the part of the "great Quran." If the arrangement of the words were different like "we gave you the great Quran and seven from pairs," then, such an interpretation could be more plausible, since a part of the whole can be repeated after the whole for the purpose of emphasis.

If the "great Quran" is the entire Quran, which is the most reasonable understanding, then the "seven pairs" or "fourteen" (of something) might have implications beyond the Quran
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Only MHI interpretations are taken as absolute. So, please learn to respect the views of others.
So authentic interpretation by MHI will benefit Ummah, correct!
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

There was nothing to LOL about that Tafseer. One group of Sahabas opined that Mathani were 7 major Suras. Other group including Hz Ali opined that it referred to 7 oft repeated Ayas.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

sheri said :
Even if the majority of scholars have interpreted it in a certain way it does not make this interpretation any right or wrong. If majority is the way to build consensus, then Catholicism is a majority religion. Should we all agree to Catholic interpretation of God?

In Ismailism, only MHI's interpretation is absolute. No majority, no minority.
1st of, I never said just because majority of people or scholars interpreted certain aayat in a certain way, we all should follow that [that may be zznoor's opinion and she is entitled to it].... I gave my POV on that aayat and I'm entitled to do that.

Also if only imam's interpretation is all that matters to you then why don't you write or go meet the imam in person and get his POV rather than wasting your time here ???

Wouldn't that help ???
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Also if only imam's interpretation is all that matters to you then why don't you write or go meet the imam in person and get his POV rather than wasting your time here ???
All Ismailis believe MHI has correct Quran and correct Zahir and Batin explanation.

Only problem is Imam is not accessible.

In the meanwhile we just have to repeat mantra. Only MHI interpretation is correct.
tret

Post by tret »

zznoor wrote:
All Ismailis believe MHI has correct Quran and correct Zahir and Batin explanation.

In the meanwhile we just have to repeat mantra. Only MHI interpretation is correct.
This is your understanding only that Imam is not available. MHI has repeatedly said that in HIS entire life since becoming the Imam, serving Jama'at is His only priority. It is hard for non-ismailie to understand, but for me (an ismaili) this is the truth.

Imam makes the interpretation according to Time and space when needed. There's no need for an Ayat to be interpreted a head of time and without purpose.

I don't know if it make sense to you or not and I don't expect you to understand it.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

zznoor wrote:

He is accessible. It is only matter of your faith. If you will blindfold yourself, you will not be able to see anything. Open your eyes and make some struggle.
sheri

Post by sheri »

(B) In accordance with Shia doctrine, tradition, and interpretation of history, the Holy Prophet (S.A.S.) designated and appointed his cousin and son-in-law Hazrat Mawlana Ali Amiru-l-Mu'minin (Alayhi-s-salam), to be the first Imam to continue the Ta'wil and Ta'lim of Allah's final message and to guide the murids, and proclaimed that the Imamat should continue by heredity through Hazrat Mawlana Ali (A.S.) and his daughter Hazrat Bibi Fatimat-az-Zahra, Khatun-i-Jannat Alayha-s-salam)

Based on this article in the constitution - MHI responsibility is "to guide the murids." He fulfills that responsibility by giving Firmans on matters at his sole discretion. MHI knows what matters to give Firman on, and what he would like to interpret at that time and place. Anything on which MHI has not provided guidance, he did not find it necessary to do so at that place and time.

The murid's responsibility is to execute on the oath of Baiyat. To give 100% obedience to MHI.

This is the fundamental tenant, and therefore, MHI has always fulfilled his role of providing guidance, and he has reiterated as tret mentioned that it is his foremost duty.

Now it is in the hands of the murid to follow or not to follow. Therefore, I don't find the need to ask MHI for any interpretations. He will provide his guidance as he sees fit, everything else is just noise.
mahebubchatur

Intercession Intercessor

Post by mahebubchatur »

referenced links @ article

“ We are the Gates of God. We are the medium for His people. He who approaches Him through us is brought near Him. He who seeks our intercession is interceded for. He who seeks His favours through us is favoured by Him. He who turns away from us goes astray." - Imam Ja‘far al-Sadiq, (Qadi al-Numan, Kitab al-Himma, trans. Jawad al-Muscati, A.M. Moulvi, 42)”

His Holiness The Pope
https://twitter.com/pontifex/status/139 ... 17638?s=21

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/10752

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/ismailig ... rayer/amp/

https://ask.ismailignosis.com/article/3 ... f-the-imam
swamidada

Re:

Post by swamidada »

ShamsB wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:16 pm
kmaherali wrote:
As stated in a verse of the ginan 'Allah ek Khasam sabuka':

"Nabi Muhammad bujo bhai to tame paamo Imaam"

Meaning:

"Recognised the Prophet (Peer) so that you may attain the Imam (the ultimate destination."
In the same ginan there is a phrase:

"Allah Ehi Imam"

Meaning:
Allah is the Imam.

Shams
It is not Allah Ehi Imam
But
Wallah Ehi Imam.
Meaning I swear this is the Imam.
kmaherali

Re: Re:

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:59 pm
It is not Allah Ehi Imam
But
Wallah Ehi Imam.
Meaning I swear this is the Imam.
Please do not twist the wording of the Ginan to suit your beliefs!