Imam Knowing all languages

Discussion on R&R from all regions
arzimood

Imam Knowing all languages

Post by arzimood »

We all know Imam knows all .... he can speak any language... Can anyone please share an incident on the subject under reference...
zubair_mahamood

Re: Imam Knowing all languages

Post by zubair_mahamood »

arzimood wrote:We all know Imam knows all .... he can speak any language... Can anyone please share an incident on the subject under reference...
Check this link… May be this can help you…. I don't think they are Miracles, i think that's in the natural of Imam!

sitehttp://images.ismailisystems.multiply.com/attachment/0/RXElbAoKCrEAAFhsCXQ1/MiraclesOfHazirImam.htm

At personal level I spoke to Mowla last year, our conversation was in Urdu.

Zubair Mahamood
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

People living in different countires speak different langauges and pray in different langauges yet thier prayers and wishes come true.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

In a private mehmani MHI remarked to a young murid that he knew the language of birds. This murid had raised a question about whether the Imam understood what was recited in the ginan in his presence.

There has been more discussion on this issue under:

Ginans --> Dehee Gur ke Vaachaa hije thir na Rennaa
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... =dehee+gur

Doctrines --> Imam Aga Hasn Ali Shah (swt) and hunting.
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... ga+hunting
Last edited by kmaherali on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irfan_Kadiwal

Post by Irfan_Kadiwal »

Hi,

There might be several such incidences. I would like to share one which i heard in waez. There were two brothers sitting in the corner of a darbar while Hazar Imam was doing the mehmani work and ginan was been recited earlier. So one of the brother says to other "Do you think he (Mowla) knows these language (of Ginan)." When it was there turn of Mehmani Mowla looked at the guy who had raised the questions and said 'IMAM KNOWS ALL LANGUAGES'.

Well to add to all this there is no doubt he knows not only languages he knows everything. He is the Noor of Allah and also we recite the same in our 2nd part of the DUA thrice a day.
'INA - KALA KULISHAIN KADEER'
Gujrati meaning : ..anne aamo e dareek vastu nau samvesh zaher Imam ma karel che.."
English: Imam has knowledge of everything...

In Ginan's also Mowla is reffered as TRI BHOVAR SWAMEE
TRI - Three - Past Present Future
One who knows everything about past present and future
shak00

Post by shak00 »

Irfan_Kadiwal wrote: He is the Noor of Allah and also we recite the same in our 2nd part of the DUA thrice a day.
'INA - KALA KULISHAIN KADEER'
Ya Ali Madad

Correction - should be

'WA KULLA SHAI'IN AHSAINAHU FEE IMAMIMMUBEEN'
Irfan_Kadiwal

thanks

Post by Irfan_Kadiwal »

thanks pal...
u r right
i am glad that folks pay attention to what they are reading
shamsu

Re: Imam Knowing all languages

Post by shamsu »

arzimood wrote:We all know Imam knows all .... he can speak any language... Can anyone please share an incident on the subject under reference...
Hmm
Looking for incidents
I wonder why

Langugage is a means to communicate thoughts and feelings

Imam SMS has said "Darek insaan ni akl nu moor Imam ni akl chhe"

The root of every mans intellect is Imams intellect.

What are you going to do with incidents. Convince yourself or others

Recognizing the Imam for who he is, is what everything is about.

Back home I would say "Incident ko kya acchar lagana hai"
Admin

Post by Admin »

It is an excellent idea to document all the incidents and the anecdotes.

Preserving our history is a duty for all of us. Our history includiing these ìncidents`are part of our Heritage. Keep posting...

Admin
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

Admin wrote:It is an excellent idea to document all the incidents and the anecdotes.

Preserving our history is a duty for all of us. Our history includiing these ìncidents`are part of our Heritage. Keep posting...

Admin
Whilst this is a good idea - accuracy and authenticity in documentation of these anecdotes and incidences is key. We can't blindly accept books with errors such as Pyare Imam ni Pyare Vato - where entire incidences are misqouted and misplaced - we have to ensure that what we preserve is accurate so that it is reflected correctly.

Shams
SimurghMI

Post by SimurghMI »

What exactly is the Imams range of knowledge in general according to tradition? Is he considered all knowing? In other words could he answer advanced scientific questions in field that he had no previous training in... or is the knowledge more generally related to issues of "faith and morals" (to use the terms Catholics use to describe the popes infallibility)?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Imam's knowledge is not by virtue of his attending Harvard University. His knowledge is not acquired but rather it is innate; in this respect he knows all. However he expresses himself according to the capacity of the audience. In worldly situations where the majority do not consider him as a bearer of the Noor nor have any knowledge and understanding of the esoteric dimension of faith, he does not project himself as the knower of all, otherwise that would create problems and confusion. The majority of the Muslims do not consider the Prophet as the knower of all and the Imam being the inheritor of the Prophet cannot express himself as the knower of all.

But to his murids he is the knower of all and hence he guides them in worldly and spiritual matters.
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

SimurghMI wrote:What exactly is the Imams range of knowledge in general according to tradition? Is he considered all knowing? In other words could he answer advanced scientific questions in field that he had no previous training in... or is the knowledge more generally related to issues of "faith and morals" (to use the terms Catholics use to describe the popes infallibility)?
Try these summary article or essay, hopefully; I hope they Inshallah help you and gave you a specific understanding of The Holy Imam Of The TIME<3

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0908.html

and

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0569.html

Try this book too :wink:
http://www.amiscorbin.com/textes/anglai ... 20Time.pdf
heartbreakkid

Post by heartbreakkid »

as far as i know our imam can speak ENGLISH, SPANISH and FRENCH veryyyyy fluently

he was taught ARABIC, URDU and ISLAMIC HISTORY at his home when he was a kid by Mustapha Kamal of Aligarh University.

John Feil Stevenson, son of the Democratic presidential candidate for America, who was his room-mate in college, recalls, "Karim didn't go in much for clothes. During the time I knew him, he owned two suits and one pair of shoes in his closet. I never saw either of them pressed. He had about a dozen neckties, but they were all the same colour." He didn't own a car. And even when he was to return to Harvard, after succeeding to the Imamate, his friends were wondering whether he would buy a new suit. Without a car, he queued up for the public bus and strap-hanged when there was no seat available. He lived at Leverett House overlooking the Charles River. He was also a member of the Hasty Pudding Club and of the Islamic Association. He was also on the Freshman Soccer Team and for two years, played hockey with Leverett House in the Intramural competition. He was officially listed on the University roster as Karim Khan. :D
TheMaw

Post by TheMaw »

He was a member of the Pudding? Lol, awesome.
heartbreakkid

Post by heartbreakkid »

hazar imam and london newspaperman on television

may 2nd, 1958

"PRESS CONFERENCE"

[this was the very 1st interview of mawlana hazar imam]

Q. How many languages in fact do you speak altogether?

A. Two, I think relatively fluently, English and French, and a smattering of Urdu, a smattering of Spanish and a little bit of Italian.

Q. Yes, I see, but you don't speak a wide variety of Asian or African languages?

A. No, I don't.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

heartbreakkid wrote:hazar imam and london newspaperman on television

may 2nd, 1958

"PRESS CONFERENCE"

[this was the very 1st interview of mawlana hazar imam]

Q. How many languages in fact do you speak altogether?

A. Two, I think relatively fluently, English and French, and a smattering of Urdu, a smattering of Spanish and a little bit of Italian.

Q. Yes, I see, but you don't speak a wide variety of Asian or African languages?

A. No, I don't.

There are two aspects....exoeric and esoteric. From exoteric point of view Imam has learned the langauges which he has mentioned. From esoteric point of view, He understands all langauges and even the language of heart and mind. So we should not mix zahir with batin.
Admin

Post by Admin »

heartbreakkid wrote: now if our imam knows all language then i dont think he wud go to syria and speak english rather he'll speak arabic.
This is the last warning. It seems that in all of your postings you are saying that you know what the Imam should or should not know or do, what God should or should not do, what God says or does not says, what other users of this site should think or not think. This is completely against the philosophy of this site which respect the plurality and diversity of opinions, especially in the way faith is to be understood. If this is not your way of thinking, you are most welcomed to join a board that gives you that space.

Admin
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Soon after MHI became the Imam, he started his visits to all Jamats. About his visit to the Syrian Jamat, Willi Frischauer writes in his book, The Aga Khans:

"First stop and only possible cause for anxiety—though the Aga Khan showed no sign of it—was a brief visit to Damascus to meet Syria's fiery Ismailis. Would they acclaim the young Imam ? Would the 'Aly faction' protest ? Curtis's instructions were to keep close to the Aga Khan at all times. As soon as the aircraft landed, it was surrounded by the bearded, colourful, strong men of the mountains who pressed forward towards the Imam with a crowd of at least 15,000 closing in behind them. The Aga Khan and Michael Curtis were bodily lifted up and carried shoulder high: ' It was a great emotional upsurge,' Curtis recalled. For a few moments the situation was completely out of hand: ' I had a feeling anything could happen.' But the crowd, though excited and uninhibited, was wholly friendly. In their own exuberant way they showed that they accepted Karim as their leader. When he managed to climb into a car, he stood up and addressed his followers in Arabic. They cheered but calmed down.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

I was told by an institutional leader who attended an official function/dinner in Syria involving a meeting between MHI and the Grand Mufti of Syria. For some reason the interpretor/tramslator became unavailable during the course of the meeting. MHI and the Grand Mufti continued their lengthy discussion in Arabic!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is a saying of Hazarat Ali:

Anal lazi indi alfa kitabin, min kutubil ambiya. Ana mutkal lemo be kulle lugtin fi duniya.

I have the thousands of scriptures of the prophets. I can talk all the languages of the world.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
Beautiful extract by Kmaherali.
ALI knows not only the spoken languages of the humans but also of all living creatures and nature and also the acts of Nature.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

“Miracle of Hazar Imam During Visit to Pakistan in 1970”

drive.google.com/file/d/0B56RSpAKvxXdcUxEVXhiVmtXQTB1czVEM2ozblpod25MRHRj/preview
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received

Ahmedabad Deedar ....
first day completed.

Bapa speaks in hindi in todays deedar was tooo much happy.

Kamaria aur mukhi saheb ko bole tum ko kuch kehna hai jamat ko Mukhi ans that kuch nahi sirf ap dua dein. Hindi me

Bapa says in Hindi apke family ko jaha b hai give my blessings for mushkil asan

Bapa 6 times repeat kiye

Bapa jamat ko bole " apka mukhi bolra hai dua do".
FreeLancer

Post by FreeLancer »

kmaherali wrote:As received

Ahmedabad Deedar ....
first day completed.

Bapa speaks in hindi in todays deedar was tooo much happy.

Kamaria aur mukhi saheb ko bole tum ko kuch kehna hai jamat ko Mukhi ans that kuch nahi sirf ap dua dein. Hindi me

Bapa says in Hindi apke family ko jaha b hai give my blessings for mushkil asan

Bapa 6 times repeat kiye

Bapa jamat ko bole " apka mukhi bolra hai dua do".
Hindi and Urdu are twin sisters except script. Sorry the reality is Imam knows Urdu but is not fluent or have full command.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

FreeLancer wrote: Hindi and Urdu are twin sisters except script. Sorry the reality is Imam knows Urdu but is not fluent or have full command.
How did you know that he does not have full command? Did you have a conversation with him?

So what is your understanding of the Imam? Is he an ordinary person like you and me?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Lets end this trend of thought here. Freelancer is know to take advantage of any discussion to degrade the Imam and his community. There is no point in feeding this discussion.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

Admin wrote:Lets end this trend of thought here. Freelancer is know to take advantage of any discussion to degrade the Imam and his community. There is no point in feeding this discussion.
Admin - I was wondering when you'd comment on this. Maybe time to do some house cleaning please?

Shams
FreeLancer

Post by FreeLancer »

kmaherali wrote:
FreeLancer wrote: Hindi and Urdu are twin sisters except script. Sorry the reality is Imam knows Urdu but is not fluent or have full command.
How did you know that he does not have full command? Did you have a conversation with him?

So what is your understanding of the Imam? Is he an ordinary person like you and me?
Please do not get aggravated and refer to interview of Imam when he was asked how many languages he knows. He replied French, English, Italian, Spanish and a bit of Urdu (this quote is available on forum).
FreeLancer

Post by FreeLancer »

ShamsB wrote:
Admin wrote:Lets end this trend of thought here. Freelancer is know to take advantage of any discussion to degrade the Imam and his community. There is no point in feeding this discussion.
Admin - I was wondering when you'd comment on this. Maybe time to do some house cleaning please?

Shams
Shams Saheb,
I am an ordinary person and a learner. You are good at ginans. Can you explain me the following part of ginan;

Jire bhaai re aatmaa raam tame avigat srevo
to sarve bhuth tthi nirvaas ji;
sej samaav parmaarath jaanno
to kaany firo vanvaas ji .

To whom Pir Sadardin has addressed, who is Aatima Ram?
Thanks.