Any have details of attacks on ismailis by.....

After the Times of Imam Mustansir Billah
star_munir

Any have details of attacks on ismailis by.....

Post by star_munir »

Ya Ali Madad,
Do any one knows the details about the attacks on Ismailis by Mehmood Ghaznavi, Shahbuddin Gauri and Qutubudin Aibak.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Do any one know any books from where I can get detail information on this subject.
Mehmood Ghaznavi was a greedy and cruel emperor of his time. He used to hate ismailis a lot. He attacked India for 17 times among which once he demolished the famous temple of Somnath and took all the precious treausres with him in Afghanistan. With some amount he established mosque in Ghazni, some he sent in Saudi Arabia and other he kept with him. Temple of Somnath was re-built many times and it still exist in India and its one of the most beautiful temple I have ever seen.
As for Ismailis, at that time there was Ismaili kingdom in Multan. Mehmood has attacked 2 times in Multan. In Noorum Mubin only a brief description in given that due to his attacks the Ismailis in Multan were destroyed. Do any one know details about those attacks?

As for Sultan Shahbuddin Ghauri, he was also cruel king. He is famous with his wars with famous Indian King Prithviraj Chouhan. He was defeated many times but once he won the battle and put Prithviraj in prison. It is said that as Prithviraj killed Shahbuddin Gauri, muslim fanatics till today do insult the tomb of Prithviraj which exist in Afghanistan. As for Qutubuddin Aibak he is said to have destroyed about more then 200 temples. Qutub Minar is very famous building which was built by him. It is said that Shahbuddin Ghauri and Qutubuddin Aibak also attacked Ismailis in India. Though I dont know much details on this subject.