Satado

Discussion on R&R from all regions
samirziz

Satado

Post by samirziz »

What is sataro..this week is satado .. what exactly is it?

Thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The following is given in the RE section of the Library of this site at:

http://sun.ismaili.net/re/page60.html

Two Jamati Satadas are included for observance amongst the various Religious Rites and Customs for Shia Imami Ismailia Jamats which have been graciously approved by Mowlana Hazar Imam.

Satada being a very grave and solemn ritual, it is necessary that we understand its importance so that we may be able to participate in the ceremony with a proper understanding and with the necessary spirit that is essential for the occasion.

Satado is a word from Multani language. The observance is so called because its ritual goes on for a period of seven consecutive days. Other Muslims observe a similar ceremony which is known as 'Chilla'. The ceremony in this case lasts for 40 days and it is therefore called 'Chilla'. During the 40 days the Muslims participating in this ceremony recite the Holy Qur'an and offer special prayers.

Jamati Satada are held every six months i.e. twice yearly. The members of the Jamat attend Jamatkhana during the seven days of Satado, and besides the regular Jamatkhana ceremonies offer special prayers for Mushkil-Aasaan with earnestness and strong faith. On this occasion the tasbih of YA Ali Tu Rahem Kar, YA Mowla Tu Fazal Kar' is recited 33 times by the assembled Jamat loudly. The ceremonies of Ab-e-Safa, Thar Sufro and Awal Sufro are also observed.

The purpose of observing this ceremony by the Jamat is to remove any difficulties or calamities through special prayer and supplications. It may be that when this Jamati Satado is established, the Jamat may not be facing any calamities by the grace and mercy of Imam-e-Zaman, and therefore, in this case, special prayers and supplications will go to remove and stop the calamities that may be destined for a future time.
In this ceremony, each and every member of the Jamat, men and women, young and old, participate with but one aim and purpose, and that is to pray and supplicate to Mowlana Hazar Imam to remove all difficulties and calamities. When this is done with true faith and intense supplications, the prayers are answered.

For these seven days one also gets opportunity to partake of the Ab-e- shifa and purify one's soul: As special prayers are asked before Hazar Imam, the opportunity to offer Awal Sufro is given and Jamati members also participate in Thar Sufro by bringing their food offerings from home.

Besides, Jamati Satada, we also have Baitulkhyal Satada which has its own significance.

If there is unrest in the country, if there is drought, famine epidemic has broken out, the Jamat can establish special Satadas besides the two Satadas.

Satadas can also be established in the Jamat by any individual if his reasons are good and strong. One should not seek to establish a Satada for very simple and minor reasons. The Satada would lose its effect if this ritual is made common and established for all minor difficulties.

We should not take this ceremony very lightly. It is a very powerful means for averting calamities and therefore when we participate in this, we should be strong in our prayers and our supplications should be true, intense and sincere.

During Jamati Satada each and every member of the Jamat should make it a point to attend Jamatkhana for all the seven days consecutively, as in this ceremony, each person prays for all others, just as the benefit of the prayers of others come to him.

There has also been a related discussion under:

Doctrines --> chana jura in satara
mehwishameen

satado

Post by mehwishameen »

yam,

satado means seven days. (sat means seven)
we have three types of satada:-

1)morning satada for spritual difficulties
2)evening satada for metirial difficuties
3) any metirial difficulties in family (only for one memer who is sick and very bad condition)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

In addition to instituting a Satado outlined in the post above, one may take up a regimen of ILLahi tasbis at a personal level outlined below for Mushkil Asaan.

ILAHI TASBIH
----------------

Ya Rabb
(O Creator!)
(33 Times) per kid
Ask For Safety of Gat Jamat Children and our Children

Ya Museer
(O My Supporter!)
(101 Times) before sleeping
Useful for Confusion, problems, sore heart due to enimity or even for any wish

Ya Naseer
(O Giver of Success, Helper!)
(101 Times) before sleeping
For success, any problems and for protection)

Ya Wadood
(O Giver of Gifts Loving!)
(101 Times) after prayers
Improves your nature, acquire peace and controlling anger

Ya Rabb bala birgada, Ba-haqqe Shahe Marda’n
(O Sustainer, Drive away my problems, for sake of Mowla Ali!)
(40 Times) anytime
Any trouble will be solved

Ya Ali Aghisani, Ya Ali Adrikni
(O Ali Listen to me, O Ali, Help me!)
(40 Times) Anytime
Sadness and problems vanish, peace can be attained, Wishes fulfilled and peace in the home

Ya Ali Tun Rahem Kar, Ya Mowla Tun Fazal Kar
(O Ali, be Merciful, O Ali, forgive me!)
(40 or 101 times) after prayers
Troubles, problems will vanish, to save yourself from tortures of enemy, to escape from false blames

Al Amaan, Al Hafeez
(O Giver of protection, O Protector!)
(40 Times) anytime
For saving ourselves from any troubles, any man or enemy

Ya Allah, Ya Vahhab, Ya Ali, Allahus-samad
(O Allah, O Giver, O Ali, Allah is Glorious!)
(33 Times each) before sleeping or after early morning prayers
Recite for happiness in this world and thereafter, for increase in belief, barakat, for peace and goodness.

Ya Ilaha Illa anta Sub-hanka inni kunto menaz zaalemeen
(There is no God save Thee. Be Thou Glorified! Lo! I have been a wrong-doer)
(40 Times) after prayers
Recite in times of distress, troubles, forgiveness of sins or for barakat.

Astaghaferullah Rabbi Wa Atoobo Elaiha
(O Allah, forgive me, you are my sustainer. I ask for forgiveness!)
(40 Times) anytime
For forgiveness of sins, in times of sickness and quarrels

Ya Kazziyul Haajaat
(O Fulfiller of my wishes!)
(101 Times) after morning or evening prayers
For fulfillment of wishes

Ya Fariud Darajaat
(O Giver of Success!)
(101 times) anytime
For barakat in work, post, income and respect

La Hawla Wala Kuwwata Illa Billhil Aliyul Azeem
(There is no protection and strength except by Allah, the High and the Great!)
(14 times) anytime
Can be recited in times of Fright, Scare, Confusion and protection

Ya Shaafi
(O Healer (curer!)
(101 times) anytime
Recite in times of Sickness and Confusion

Subhanalla, Al-hamdo lillah, Allaho Akbar
(Glory be to Allah, Praise be to Allah, Allah is Great!)
(33 times/33times/34times) anytime
For Peace and happiness, for resolving disputes, for increasing love, having children or for barakat

Ya Waliyyul Hasanaat
(O Doer of Good!)
(101 times) anytime
Can be recited for leaving bad vices (habits) and for becoming good
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Kbhai,
I missed to read these tasbihat for some how, thanks you already put it here, I have this list in Gujarati but I didn't have in English this very informative list for everyone.
As per the one waez of Rai Abu Ali you can recite different Tasbihat for different times stated below:-
1 (One time) like 'Tobo Tobo Takshirdar'
3 (Three times ) Like Nad-e-Ali
5 (Five times)
7 (Seven times)
14 (Fourteen times)
21 (Twenty One time)
33 (Thirty Three times)
40 (forty times)
101(One hundred one times)
101 times is true Ismaili Tasbih according Rai saheb he gives detail like this (99) for 99 holy names of Allah, (1) for Allahtala himself and (1) for Prophet Mohammad (p.b.u) thus 99+1+1= make total 101
Note:- you may noticed that there is no 11 times recommendation for anywhere in above list? but many Ismaili brothers and sisters recite some tasbihat 11 times, which they should not.
Question:-
If some one recite more than what it recommended above? what would happen? for a example "Ya Rabb" it recommended for 33 times but if some one recites 101 times then what? I heard that some Ismailis reciting Allah's names for 500 times or even 1000 times.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote: 101 times is true Ismaili Tasbih according Rai saheb he gives detail like this (99) for 99 holy names of Allah, (1) for Allahtala himself and (1) for Prophet Mohammad (p.b.u) thus 99+1+1= make total 101
Note:- you may noticed that there is no 11 times recommendation for anywhere in above list? but many Ismaili brothers and sisters recite some tasbihat 11 times, which they should not.
Question:-
If some one recite more than what it recommended above? what would happen? for a example "Ya Rabb" it recommended for 33 times but if some one recites 101 times then what? I heard that some Ismailis reciting Allah's names for 500 times or even 1000 times.
There has been some discussion on this issue at:

Rites and Ceremonies --> Gesture

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... sbih+beads
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

That link reffered by you is also very interesting but be honest with you I can't find the answer of my question in that link anywhere.
I repeat my question here again thinking someone may be answer me.

If some one recite more than what it recommended above? what would happen? for a example "Ya Rabb" is recommended for 33 times but if some one recites 101 times then what? I heard that some Ismailis reciting Allah's names for 500 times or even 1000 times.
Rsali

Post by Rsali »

Ya ali madad to everone,
Is there an authentic source for the above mentioned tasbihs by Kmaher. By authentic sources I mean links such as any recommendation from waaz of any missionary or Mowla's farman or any other such particulars.

thanks
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Was Satado practiced during Prophet's or Hz Ali's time?
Did Muslim's used listed tasbihs during Prophet's or Hz Ali's time?
Admin

Post by Admin »

We know of at least one "Sataro" of 40 days during Issa Nabi's time.

Admin
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Was Satado practiced during Prophet's or Hz Ali's time?

Yes, Satado was there during the time of Prophet Mohammad (PBU) and Hazarat Ali (s.a.) but with different name and not for 7 days as Ismailis practice now a days. Satado can be 5 days too. Let me research more and hopefully I will post more detail soon.