Discussion on Tawhid

Current issues, news and ethics
DELETED

Discussion on Tawhid

Post by DELETED »

This section is to discuss the concept of Tawhid and unity of God.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

It is not shirk because Ali is NOT a partner to God. He is the bearer of the Light as in Sirajun Munir(Shining Lamp 33:46) and Allahu nuru Samawati wal ardh (Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth), according to Shia interpretation of Islam. Also the verse Nuru ala Nur (Light upon Light, ayat-ul-Nur), is interpreted as a continuous chain of Imamat.
baqi

Post by baqi »

Dear Ali

Your questions are pretty much pointless, given that you are obviously arguing from the perspective of normative Sunnism (if not, then from a exoteric Twelver position).

Your questions, if you are honest, are basically trying to say that Ismailism commits shirk by attributing the attributes of Allah (s) to Hazar Imam.

Before you ask your 'questions', it is best that you first understand the Ismaili conception of Imamate.

I'll leave you with a hadith from Imam Ali (a) in which he describes himself (now, you cannot accuse Imam Ali of shirk!):

"I am he who holds the secrets of the Unknown. No one knows them after Muhammad except me. I know everything. I am the one of whom the Prophet of Allah said: “I am the city of knowledge, and ‘Ali is its gate”. I am Dhu al-Qarnayn mentioned in the first book. I am the rock, from which sprang forth twelve wells. I am the one who takes charge of the entirety of Creation’s account. I am the Preserved Tablet. I am the side of Allah. I am the heart of Allah. I am the turner of hearts and visions. I am “Indeed, to Us is their ultimate destiny, and then their account will be upon Us”. I am the one of whom the Prophet said: “The straight path is you, and the place of standing is your place of standing”. I am the one who has the knowledge of the book, about what is and what shall become. I am the first Adam. I am the first Noah. I am Ibrahim the Friend when he was cast in the fire. I am the reality of secrets. I am the friend of the believers. I am the opener of causes. I am the former of clouds. I am the waterer of trees. I am the one who draws out the fruits. I am the flower of wells. I am the one who holds the earths in place. I am the holder of the skies. I am the Fasl al-Khitab. I apportion heaven and Hell.

"I am the translator of Allah’s Revelation. I am infallible from Allah. I am the storehouse of Allah’s knowledge. I am the proof of Allah for all that is in the heavens and above the earths. I am the one who stands for justice. I am the Earthworm. I am the Violent Clamor. I am the Clamor which comes next. I am the scream of Truth on the Day of Opening. I am the one from whom nothing is hidden in the heavens and Earth. I am the Hour, which will be most tormenting for the one who denies it. I am that book, of which there is no doubt. I am the most beautiful names, of which it is commanded by Allah that He be called by them. I am the Light from which Moses learned, and from which he was guided. I am the splitter of the moons. I am the one who will bring the believers from their graves.

"I am the one who has a thousand books from the books of the Prophets. I am the one who speaks every language of the world. I am the Lord (sahib) of Noah, and the one who rescued him. I am the Lord of Jonah, and the one who saved him. I am the companion of the Trumpet. I am the raiser of those who are in the graves. I am the Lord of the Day of Resurrection. I have raised the heavens by the permission and power of my Lord. I am the Forgiving, the Merciful (rahim), and indeed my punishment is most painful.

"Through me, Ibrahim the Friend submitted, through me he held fast to my bounty. I am the staff of Moses, which holds the forelock of all creation. I am the one who gazed at the Dominion (malakut), and did not see anything other than me, and from was hidden all other than me. I am the one who encompasses creation. Indeed, they shall grow until I return them back to Allah. I am the one who for whom the Word in my presence is not changed, and I am not oppressive to the servants. I am the friend of Allah in His Earth, the one who takes charge of His Command, and the judge over His servants. I am the one who, when he calls upon the sun and the moon, they respond to me…

"I am the one who raises up the Prophets and Messengers. Am the one who gazes upon the universes. I am the one who holds fast the earths, and the knower without a teacher. I am the Command of Allah and the Spirit, of which Allah has said: “They ask you about the Spirit. say: The spirit is from the command of my Lord”. I am what Allah said to His Prophet when He said: “Cast into Hell, ever rebellious disbeliever”. By the command of my Lord, I am the destroyer of all things after they come into being. I am the one who fixes the mountains, and expands the Earth. I am the one who breaks open the wells, and plants the crops, and grows the fruits. I am the one who brings forth the trees. I am the one who gives them their strength, and I am the one who brings down the rains, the one who brings forth the thunder, the breaker of dawns, and the bringer of stars. I am the creator of the stars and the substance of the heavens. I am the one who brings forth the Hour. I am the one who, if he dies, does not die, and if he is killed, is not killed. I am the one who knows what occurs, and the Hour after the Hour. I am the one who knows the thoughts of the hearts, and the glances of the eyes. The secrets of the breasts are not hidden from me"

(the above hadith was translated by Shaykh 'Abd al-Hakeem Carney [r], a great but unacknowledged Ismaili scholar).
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ali.aslam wrote:but all the attributes quoted above are only for allah...no matter what the light is, you cant attribute Allahs to anything or anyone.
Allah in his Essence is beyond attributes. Allah in the form of Light (as in "Allah is the Light of the heavens and earth"), is with attributes. The attributes comprise the Light and are manifested in the Imam according to Ismaili interpretation.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

ali.aslam wrote:but all the attributes quoted above are only for allah...no matter what the light is, you cant attribute Allahs to anything or anyone.
One of Allah's name is Al Mubeen - which means the manifest..one who can be seen with the physical eye.
But Allah can't be seen with the physical eye can he or he can??
think about it.

Shamsb
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

ali.aslam wrote:no wonder Shaykh 'Abd al-Hakeem Carney was not acknowledged....he was nuts!

HAzrat Ali to say all that??? not possible!

U guys dont belive in the quran! great.....
We believe in the absolute authority of the Imam.

"Wa Kulla Ashain Asaina Hufi Imamin Mubeen"

See there's that name of allah again - MUBEEN........

Shamsb
baqi

Post by baqi »

No Ali, Shaykh 'Abd al-Hakeem Carney was not nuts as you claim. How would you know, you know nothing of this great man.

I think you are little more than a standard Sunni extremist, who has a very reductive and literalist approach to and understanding of religion.

Here is a hadith from the fifth imam, Imam al-Baqir (a):

"Abu Khalid al-Kabuli asked Abu Ja’far [Imam al-Ba>qir] about Allah the Exalted and Glorified’s Words: “And so believe in Allah and his Prophet and the Light which he has sent down. ” Imam al-Baqir said: “O Abu Khalid! I swear by Allah that the Light is the Imams of the Prophet’s family, which lasts until the day of judgment. I swear by Allah, that they are the Light which He has sent down. I swear by Allah, that they are the Light of Allah in the heavens and the Earth. O Abu Khalid! By Allah, the Light of the Imam in the hearts of the believers is brighter than the brilliant day star. By Allah, they illuminate the hearts of the believers. And Allah will veil that Light from whomever He wills, and so their hearts will become dark. O Abu Khalid! No one loves us and adores us until Allah purifies their heart, and Allah will purify no ones heart until they submit to us. If one submits to us, Allah will deliver him from a painful account, and will give him no fear on the Great Day of the Resurrection”

Here is a hadith from Imam Hasan (a):

"Imam is the Resurrector; he is the lord of beings; he is the lord who is the absolute act of being (al-wujud al-mutlaq); he excludes all existential determination, for he transcends them all; he opens up the threshold of his Mercy, and through the light of his Knowledge he causes all beings to see, hear and speak for all eternity".

Another hadith from Imam Hasan (a):

"If mankind knew what the Imamate is, no one would have entertained doubts such as these. If only they had realized that mutability cannot exist without some immutable central point, just as the circumference [cannot exist] without the centre point".

And, here is a hadith from Imam al-Muhtadi ibn Nizar (a):

"O noble brethren, people of peace! Be pure towards us in your hearts, and journey towards us with your souls. Indeed, our Covenant has reached you, and we have ordered that [the following message] be recited to you. So receive it with true hearts and obedient souls, and do not turn away from it. We have sent you a Gate from amongst our Gates, a missionary from amongst our missionaries. This covenant has been made clear to you, and is not hidden.
Our brothers! Obey your Lord and hold fast to love of your brethren, for the Earth has been illuminated by the Light of its Lord. The era of Clear Truth has dawned, after the end of the cycle of Forty and the period of Seventy, and this Creation has reached its completion. The Earth has been illuminated by the Light of Certainty, and the Truth will be manifest upon the hearts of the Gnostics, those who are devoted to their worship, and hold fast to our obedience.
We seek from our murids that they set aside hatred, and that they live in unity and solidarity. Whoever follows the clear explanation of his Lord, and has had a Witness sent over him, and has heard what we have commanded, and rises up to implement it, then we shall turn our faces and our hearts towards him. I am he who is manifested in Humanity, and hidden in Divinity. I am the Light of Certainty, and the qiblah of the Gnostics, and the salvation of the seekers. Whoever knows me is saved. You have heard from me gems of Divine Power, and you have been illuminated by the Lights of my Invincible Glory. I have commanded you, so obey! I have bound a covenant upon you, so listen! Do not break our covenant, and do not be anything other than obedient to our command. For the Friend is most certainly Lord.
And so whoever purifies his intention towards his Master, and purifies his conscience before his brothers in faith, then his spirit will be spoken to by the Spiritual Universe. He will be exalted above all that is perishing, and his Spirit will be elevated to the realm of eternal nobility. This is because you are brothers of truth and faith, and you are the companions of Light and Proof…Whoever fulfils these obligations will be saved, and whoever deviates from them, is lost and deluded, bound for the hell-fire…
I am your Master Muhammad ibn Ali ibn Nizar. The Truth has arrived, and falsehood is destroyed. We have sent down to you our Mercy, and encompassed you with the eye of concern. We have chosen you from amongst our successors, and made you sons of our Call. And so obedience is obligatory upon you, and it is your salvation on the day of sorting and exposure. Indeed, Allah has chosen for the believers their souls and their wealth, with satisfaction, submission, patience, and the best of certainty. I take refuge in Allah, O you guided believers of monotheism that you would forget our covenant, and that your hearts would be too hard to receive the gnosis of your Master".

Ya Ali,

Baqi
baqi

Post by baqi »

Dear Ali, some more hadiths from the Holy Prophet (s) and the masoom Imams for you to think over:

"The Imam never disappears..." (Imam Sultan Mohamed Shah, 1903)

"I am showing you the way. I am clearing the path by removing the obstacles, which might be on the way. Now, whether to tread it or not to tread it depends on your willingness for one or the other" (Jangbaar, 16th September 1899).

"We are your leader and True Lord of this world and the next. I am Ya Ali, I am Imam Hussein. Whatever you want to ask, ask Us. We are the First and the Last. Therefore, obey only to Us... Be among those who know the Imam.” (Imam Shah Hasan Ali, 1856)

"Imam as-Sadiq said: “Through the adoration of us, Allah is adored.” (Al-Kulayni Al-Kafi 1:144, 1:193, as-Saduq Tawhid 156)

"Imam as-Sadiq said: Through us Allah is known, and through us Allah is worshipped" (As-Saduq Tawhid 152)

"Imam al-Baqir said said: If it were not for Allah we would not be known, and if it were not for us Allah would not be known "(As-Saduq Tawhid 290)

The Prophet said: “He who dies without knowing the Imam of his time, has died the death of ignorance.”

The Prophet said: “I am the city of knowledge, and Ali is its gate.”

The Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq replied one day to a man [Abu Basir] who asked him whether it was true on the day of the Resurrection [that] God would be visible to all: “Yes,” said the Imam. “He is visible even before that day; he has been visible since the day when He asked: “Am I not your Lord?” The True Believers have seen him even in this world. Dost thou not see him?” And then Abu Basir replied: “O my Lord, I see thee. Permit that by thy authority I go and announce it to the others.” But the Imam said: “No, say nothing to anyone, for the people are stupid and ignorant, they will not understand; they will disavow you and hurl anathema at you.” (Qtd. in Corbin Cyclial 129)
baqi

Post by baqi »

Imam as-Sadiq (a):

"Indeed, Allah created us and formed us, and gave us the most perfect form. He made us His Eye over His Servants, and His Speaking Tongue, through which He speaks to His Servants. We are His Open Hand, extended with Mercy and Kindness to His Servants. We are His Face, through which He is reached, and the Gate which indicates upon Him. We are His reservoir in the heavens and Earth. Through us, the trees grow and the fruits are ripened. Through us the rivers flow, and through us the succor of the skies comes down. We plant the grasses of the Earth. Through the worship of us, Allah is worshipped. If it were not for us, Allah would not be worshipped" (Al-Kulayni Al-Kafi 1:144; As-Saduq Tawhid. 156)

Imam al-Baqir (a):

"Indeed, Allah the Exalted is too Supreme, Mighty, Glorious, and Unreachable that He could be oppressed. But He has intertwined us with Him, and so oppression of us is oppression of Him, and the love of us [walayah, also can be translated as the “acceptance of our authority”] is the love of Him" (Al-Kulayni Al-Kafi 1:144)
baqi

Post by baqi »

Two more hadiths from Imam Ali (a):

Ali said: “I am the guide and the guided. I am the father of the orphans, and the husband of the widows and the paupers. I am the shelter of every weak one, and the place of safety for all who fear. I am the one who leads the believers to paradise. I am the first rope of Allah. I am the firm handhold of Allah. I am the Eye of Allah, and His Truthful Tongue. I am His Hand, and His Side, of which a soul will say: ‘Woe upon me for what I neglected at the side of Allah.” I am the Hand of Allah, extended to His Servants with Mercy and Forgiveness. I am the gate of humility. He who knows me, and knows my Right, then he knows his Lord, because I am the inheritor of His Prophet, His Proof over Creation. No one rejects me, except that he rejects Allah and His Prophet. (Al-Mufid Al-Ikhtisas 248)

Imam Ali said: I am the one who fixes the mountains of the Earth, and opens its wells, and flows its rivers, and plants its trees, and grows its fruits, and spread the clouds. I send out its thunder, and illuminate its lighting. I brighten the stars, and bring forth the moon. I fix the stars, and I am the ever expansive ocean, and I place the pegs of the Earth. I cast the orbits of the heavens. I illuminate the sun. I am the side of Allah, and the word of Allah, and the heart of Allah, and the gate of Allah. Whoever enters this gate in prostration, I will forgive him his sins, and I will aid the righteous. Through me, the Hour will come, and within me the evil doers are destroyed. I am the First, and the Last. I am the Manifest, and the Hidden, and I know all (Mazandarani Manaqib 3:387).
baqi

Post by baqi »

To Ali

Obviously you are an extremist Sunni who generally dislikes, most probably, Shi'as of all persuasions (see your statement, 'You have only quoted Shia extremist hadithes which have no authenticity'. Further, you present no evidence, proof or arguement as to why the hadiths I have quoted are 'Shia extremist hadithes'. It seems that any hadith, from the Shi'a, which doesn't conform to your right-wing Sunni outlook on Islam is dismissed as so-called Shi'a extremism. Not much of an arguement!).

Also, you state that 'Seems lik to u Quran is of no importance and relevance'. Well, given that you may be from a Sunni background (and therefore accept, it would seem, Sahih Muslim as a reliable Sunni hadith book), let us examine views on the completeness and integrity of the Holy Qu'ran from the perspective of Sahih Muslim:

Muslim in the Seventh (7th) part of his Sahih, in the book of Al Zakat about the virtue of being satisfied with what ever God gives about urging people to have that virtue, pp 139-140 (Arabic), reported that Abu al-Aswad reported that his father said (for English version of Sahih Muslim;see Chapter CCCXCI, p500, Tradition 2286):

"Abu Musa al-Ashari invited the Quran readers of Basra. Three hundred (300) readers responded to his invitation. He told them You are the readers and the choice of the People of Basra. Recite the Quran and don't neglect it. Other wise a long time may elapse and your hearts will never hardened as the hearts of those who came before you were hardened.

<U>We used to read a Chapter from the Quran similar to Bara'ah in length and seriousness, but I forgot it.</U>

I can remember from the Chapter only the following words:

<U>Should a son of Adam own two valleys full of wealth, he should seek a third valley and nothing would fill Ibn Adam's abdomen but the soil.</U>

<U>We also used to read a chapter similiar to the Musabbihat</U> and I forgot it. I only remember out of it the following

"Oh you who believe, why do you say what you do not do? (which is now in another place in Holy Qu'ran 61:2). Thus a testimony shall be written on your necks and you will be questioned about it on the day of judgment." (which is a little different than what is in another place in Holy Qu'ran 17:13).

It is obvious that the above underlined words which Abu Musa mentioned are not from the Holy Qu'ran nor they are similar to any of the Words of Allah (s) in the Holy Qu'ran. It is amazing that Abu Musa claims that two (2) chapters from the Holy Qu'ran are missing, one of them is similar to Bara'ah in length!!!

They are many more hadiths in the Sunni hadith books and opinions by Sunni scholars that state the Holy Qu'ran has been changed or is incomplete. So don't accuse me or any other Ismaili that we see the Holy Qu'ran as of no importance or relevance. We have the Holy Qu'ran and the Ahlul-Bayt, and the two will never be separated!
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Good reply Baqi. Quotes are really very informative.
Ali. Aslam it seems like you are not thinking history as important and thinking Quran is only reliable source. From where you got Quran? Who compiled Quran? All answers you can get in history.
While reading history try to be open mind. You cant say all those quotes unauthentic which are contrary to what you believe to. You can believe what is your faith but you should not judge any one. It is God only who can judge who is right and who is wrong.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

vasanji wrote:Baqi, Star_munir and KMeherali, Ali.Aslam, I know you guys like to talk to each other :) But ever try to give me replies too
vasanji wrote:
baqi wrote: Before you ask your 'questions', it is best that you first understand the Ismaili conception of Imamate.
I would like to thank you for your post. There are many Ismailis
themselves at the exoteric level. Then there are others who recite
the idioms of esoteric level without understanding. I am not trying
to judge anyone, but merely state my observations to lay a
common ground for productive discourse and genuine learning
on my part.
baqi wrote: I am the opener of causes.
You say many beautiful and fascinating things in your reference,
and an example is the above quote among many in your reference.
The style seems to be like that of the Nahj-ul-Balagha. I would ask
for more reference from the hadith literatures, so that I do a
thorough research.

I just want to say, that I have had some experience during a critical
part of my life, that is 100% true, so that is the main incentive for me
to learn more on this matter. Again I came across a monograph by
our Pir that seems as if it was written for me to apply in my particular situation in life.

Yet, I approach the subject humbly, knowing that you may know a little
like I know, and Mother Teresa knew at one time and then was left
alone for the rest of life. In Islam, we dont demand on God for enlightenment
but can humbly beg. Furthermore, correct science and religion will
correspond. We know some about the big-bang and the creation of the
universe. Even science talks of the mysteries of the universe. Those
dimensions, from which God can see us. Its like a programmer who
programs a universe. He can see the states of his creatures on the
monitor and see them interacting. But they have no clue of him.
baqi wrote: (the above hadith was translated by Shaykh 'Abd al-Hakeem Carney [r], a great but unacknowledged Ismaili scholar).
I am totally ignorant of Mr. Carney. Please provide some introduction.

Thank you.
He is referring to Seth Carney, who is a proffessor in Michigan I believe.

Shams
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Word Tawheed is not mentioned in Quran.
Also word Trinity is not mentioned in Bible.
mahebubchatur

Article in TheIsmaili USA on Tawhid

Post by mahebubchatur »

Article on Tawhid by TheIsmaili USA

05 April 2020 | USA &#8232;Inspirations from the Qur’an - Tawhid and Taqwa

“The following article is part of a special week of reflection focused on inspirations from the Qur’an.

As we reflect upon our current circumstances, let us collectively pray for the easing of our difficulties. Inshallah, as we undertake this journey, we will find peace in our hearts and the strength to overcome adversity.When faced with problems, we often ask: Why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?

Sufi mystic Jal&#257;l ad-D&#299;n Rumi prompts us to instead think of our body as a guest house. Every day we have a new visitor – sometimes it is grief; at other times, joy. “Be grateful for whoever comes,” says Rumi, “because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” Crucially, for Rumi, “the wound is a place where the light enters.”
According to this logic then, challenges and difficulties are invitations for reflection. They can illuminate, for us, our true selves.

Let us participate in this reflection by turning to the Qur’an, a source of endless inspiration and guidance.

The Qur’anic message is universal because it speaks to the human condition. It begins with the here and the now, but goes beyond it to the infinite and the eternal.

1 Imam Ali has therefore referred to the Qur’an as a self-disclosure of God.

2 Engagement with the Qur’an can thus be imagined as an engagement with the Sacred Presence flowing from Divine self-revelation.

The Qur’an teaches us about our origin. In Surah As-Sajdah, Ayat 6-9, Allah says:
“Such is the Knower of the Unseen and the Seen, Almighty, Compassionate to each! He Who perfected everything He created, and fashioned man’s creation from clay, Then made his progeny to issue from a sordid fluid, Then gave him shape and breathed into him of His spirit, Then granted you hearing, eyesight and hearts – but little thanks do you give in return.”

Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah 31 alludes to “the names” that Allah imparted onto us when He created us.

4 Some scholars have understood these names to be the attributes of Allah.
Thus, our origin is rooted by the breath of Allah and with His attributes imprinted upon us, Allah is not only all around us but also within us.

This understanding of Allah as within and beyond, as the One, a united force that cannot be separated from His creation, is one important meaning or interpretation of tawhid, which we affirm in Surah Al-Ikhlas, Ayat 1-4, as we recite: Qul huwa’l-lahu ahad “Say: He is Allah, the One and Only!”

Yet, engrossed in our daily lives, we often forget Allah’s ever-presence.

From school to work to family, we get captivated by the minutiae of life as if that is all there is to us.

The Qur’an warns against this. In Surah al-Hadid, Ayah 20, Allah says:

“Know that the present life is but amusement, frivolity and finery, And mutual boasting among you and the accumulation of wealth and progeny. It is like rainfall whose vegetation pleases the sowers, But then goes dry, and you see it yellowed till it becomes chaff.”

Imam Sultan Mahomed Shah (a.s) alludes to this in his Memoirs, when he says

“it is my profound conviction that man must never ignore and leave untended and undeveloped that spark of the Divine which is in him.”

3 It may therefore be prudent for us to not get enchanted by this world and lose sight of the Divine within and around us.

Such constant consciousness of Allah, and the pious conduct it inspires, is alluded to in the Qur’an as taqwa.
Taqwa is regarded as one of the essential interior dimensions of our faith or iman. Prophet Muhammed (s.a.s) is reported to have said

: “Submission is public and faith is in the heart.” Pointing to his chest, he then repeated thrice: “consciousness of God is here, Consciousness of God is here, Consciousness of God is here.”

4 As an element of faith, taqwa is a purely internal and contemplative attitude of the heart. It is our response to tawhid – Allah is One, we are within Him and are conscious of Him.

This is a powerful awareness that can not only help us confront our mushkilaat (difficulties), but also gives us courage during times of ethical ambiguity and humility in moments of success.

In our next article, we will continue our study of the Qur’an by exploring the connection between taqwa and love.

1 The Qur’an and its Interpretations, Secondary Curriculum, Institute of Ismaili Studies, p. 128

2 https://iis.ac.uk/news/iis-launches-spi ... -ali-dubai

3 Muslim Devotional and Ethical Literature, Secondary Curriculum, Institute of Ismaili Studies, p. 57
4 https://iis.ac.uk/encyclopaedia-articles/taqwa

(source TheIsmaili)
mahebubchatur

Sending Prayers to Imams and Prophet Mohammed

Post by mahebubchatur »

ISMAILI MUSLIMS SEND THEIR PRAYERS TO AND THROUGH THEIR IMAM WHOSE DIVINELY ORDAINED APPOINTMENT & AUTHORITY COMES FROM PROPHET MUHAMMED & ALLAH - QURAN

The light (Nur)* of every Imam & Prophet in the past is one, & the same. “I have been the bearer of the "NOOR" a word which means "The Light" The NOOR has been handed down in direct descent from the Prophet. But My work and responsibilities overflow into the practical side of life." (Aga Khan)

Ismailis give their allegiance (Bayah) to Imam and believe in the Unity & Oneness of Allah (Shahada & Tawhid). These are a part of sending their prayers to Imam and through Imam to Allah. Imam Prays to Allah for the believers, and guides them by also giving the Tawil and Talim of the Quran-Allah. AS Prophet Mohammed did (Quran - Hadiths)

Sending prayers to Imams, like to Prophet Mohammed, and to obey Prophet Mohammed, & Quran, is what Allah has ordained in the Quran. Prophet Mohammed confirmed and declared appointment of Imam Ali.

Many misinterpret and or misunderstand sending of prayers to Ismaili Imams, and to Prophet Mohammed

* enlightenment - knowledge & Intellect (Tawil & Talim from Quran - Allah)

Links/ref

a) http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=9411.
b) http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=9224
c) https://twitter.com/chaturmahebub/statu ... 83940?s=12
d) Related Quran verses 9.103 , 4.64 3.59 48.10
e) http://www.ismaili.net/intervue/651212.html
mahebubchatur

A Debate on Tawhid & Falsafa

Post by mahebubchatur »

A very impressive & an exceptional debate yesterday on Oneness of God -Tawhid, & Falsafa or Neoplatonism

Based on the following interpretations of Islam

1. Athari Creed & Hanbali (Sunni) - Interpretation

2 #Ismaili (Shia) - Interpretation - By Dr Khalil Andani

In my view a must listen for Shias Sunnis and other faiths who want to know and understand

Link https://twitter.com/chaturmahebub/statu ... gNpXZoZbfQ

You tube https://youtu.be/dHNYCZKXes0

A New Link “ Here is link of my debate with .@MMetaphysician on my channel. Watch/circulate this link because Jake's channel changed the title of the recorded video & then deleted 200+ comments in support - Dr Khalil

New Link https://youtu.be/sGmRFiHTv6I

#AgaKhan

Another thread viewtopic.php?t=9411
mahebubchatur

Ismaili Philosophy Neoplatonism- An article

Post by mahebubchatur »

“According to Isma'ili doctrine, creation is a process of emanation whose source is Divine Will.

The Isma'ili Da'i (proselytizer) as -Sijistani (d.942 A.D.) calls Divine Will the first cause of creation, the cause of all causes.(*8)

The will of God exists by virtue of God's existence. It is caused by God only in the sense that He is unaffected by it, for God is not actualized by the Will which He cause to come into existence.

Stated in other words, God is pure actuality, an unmoved mover "who moves everything toward Him without Himself ever being moved". (*9) The result of God's command (amr), when he tells a thing to "Be and it is, (*10) is the First Intellect, which includes all existing being. (*11)

Emanation (inbi'ath) results essentially from the First Intellect's activity of contemplation. Contemplation bestows upon the First Intellect the characteristics of being both active an passive brings into existence the First Hyle (First Matter) from which the physical world springs.”

https://www.ismaili.net/Source/0569.htm ... &fs=e&s=cl

https://www.facebook.com/15348147601242 ... mjJTl/?d=n

https://twitter.com/chaturmahebub/statu ... C-OIbHQgfw
mahebubchatur

Re: A Debate on Tawhid & Falsafa

Post by mahebubchatur »

mahebubchatur wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:49 am A very impressive & an exceptional debate yesterday on Oneness of God -Tawhid, & Falsafa or Neoplatonism

Based on the following interpretations of Islam

1. Athari Creed & Hanbali (Sunni) - Interpretation

2 #Ismaili (Shia) - Interpretation - By Dr Khalil Andani

In my view a must listen for Shias Sunnis and other faiths who want to know and understand

Link https://twitter.com/chaturmahebub/statu ... gNpXZoZbfQ

You tube https://youtu.be/dHNYCZKXes0

A New Link “ Here is link of my debate with .@MMetaphysician on my channel. Watch/circulate this link because Jake's channel changed the title of the recorded video & then deleted 200+ comments in support - Dr Khalil

New Link https://youtu.be/sGmRFiHTv6I

#AgaKhan

Another thread viewtopic.php?t=9411
Dr Khalil Andhani “ A debate setting is not a good place to grasp someone’s wider theology. In this academic video I provide a purely rational case for Islamic Neoplatonism: hierarchy of Allah the One), Universal Intellect & Universal Soul and related matters.

Link https://youtu.be/CM2PHJsn9xQ
mahebubchatur

Evolution & Creation Ismaili interpretation

Post by mahebubchatur »

Creation “ Praise be to Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, Who appointeth the angels messengers having wings two, three and four. He multiplieth in creation what He will. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things.(35:1 Pickthall)

AN ISMAILI MUSLIM INTERPRETATION OF EVOLUTION

Abstract.

This article presents a constructive Shia Ismaili Muslim
engagement with Neo-Darwinian evolution.

By drawing on Ismaili metaphysics and hermeneutics, I argue that Ismailis can affirm evolution without exceptions due to four features of contemporary and historical Ismaili thought.

First
Aga Khan III (d. 1957), the 48th hereditary Ismaili Imam, integrated Neo-Darwinian evolution with his theological views. Likewise, the present Imam Aga Khan IV (b.
1936) teaches that there is no conflict between Islam and scientific truth because God’s creative act is eternal and continuous.

Second
Ismaili Neoplatonic metaphysics is compatible with evolution because it situates all natural processes as guided by the Universal Soul without a need for miracles.

Third
The common descent of all life lends further support to the Ismaili belief in an unbroken lineage of hereditary Imams since the origins of life on earth.

Fourth
The Quranic story of Adam’s creation poses no hermeneutical issue because Ismaili scholars read the Adam story symbolically through esoteric exegesis (Ta’wil)

Link to full Article by Dr Khalil Andani
https://www.academia.edu/82075182/Evolv ... _Evolution
mahebubchatur

A video and a video clip on Tawhid

Post by mahebubchatur »

“Tawhid (Unity of God) is the foundational principle of Islam; but Muslim schools each hold to different doctrines of Tawhid. Here I explain how Ismaili philosophers envisioned metaphysics of Tawhid in as divine simplicity via reason & scripture:” 👇🏽

https://youtu.be/C8Zq6saCto8

https://twitter.com/khalilandani/status ... cYMwM62ThA

His Highness the AgaKhan on unity of God, Tawhid & respect for plurality of peoples languages traditions & interpretations #Ismaili

Video clip
https://twitter.com/chaturmahebub/statu ... cYMwM62ThA
mahebubchatur

Differences between different Schools of Theology

Post by mahebubchatur »

What are the differences between different schools of Islamic theology? Re Tawhid

In this video Prof Khalil Andani PhD covers Mu’tazili, Hanbali, Ash’ari, Maturidi, post-classical Kalam, Avicennian, & Ismaili schools of thought re Tawhid.
Includes primary source quotes & visuals.

Video link https://youtu.be/U5ZlyO8vkdk

Video Index

0:01 What is Islamic Theology

20:13 The Kalam Tradition - Mu'tazilis, Hanbalis, Ash'aris, Maturidis

53:30 The Existence & Attributes of God in Sunni Kalam

1:36:48 Falsafa - Ibn Sina's Islamic Philosophy

1:54:00 - Ibn Sina's Argument for God's Existence

2:38:20 - The Relationship of Sunni Kalam and Avicennian Falsafa

2:49:00 - The Sunni Creed Jawharat al-Tawhid

3:01:11 - Shia Ismaili Philosophical Theology
mahebubchatur

Tawhid Ismaili Ashari & Falsafa presentations

Post by mahebubchatur »

Sunni & Shia Scholars articulate and discuss Tawhid, based on Ashari Ismaili & Falsafa theology. Dr Malik Dr Andani & Dr Naqvi

Link to video

https://youtu.be/kec-aAFFXs4
mahebubchatur

Doctrine of Tawhid - A referenced new video

Post by mahebubchatur »

Thinking Islam Ep. 1 is now published! Includes Ismaili interpretation & philosophy - Theology

In this Episode, we present the Islamic Neoplatonic Philosophers' doctrine of Tawhid - including divine simplicity/classical theism, absolute transcendence, and the First Intellect as the eternal creation of God.

Watch at:
https://youtu.be/rMmGjDkV4oo?si=slAfOoEX0PnFeR0e

Using rational and Quranic arguments, we show that the Tawhid of Islamic Philosophy is far more coherent both rationally and scripturally than the seemingly popular Salafi-Athari Tawhid

More at http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=9411

Faith of The intellect

“The man of Faith who fails to pursue intellectual search is likely to have only a limited comprehension of Allah's creation.
Indeed, it is man's intellect that enables him to expand his vision of that creation” 1985

“you live in the physical world, your intellect lives in another world.

- a few sentences from Hazar Imam’s Firman in Toronto Nov 17, 2017.

Our good fortune is that our faith is a faith of the intellect in the sense that the practice of our faith tells us to to learn more every day about Allah’s creation. This means that as you live in the physical world, your intellect lives in another world. And it is up to each individual to follow the path of intellectualism, to find in that intellectual path the goal which is faith, to understand the creation of Allah.”
mahebubchatur

Re: Discussion on Tawhid

Post by mahebubchatur »

In the case of Islam, there are two touchstones which I have long treasured and sought to apply. The first affirms the unity of the human race, as expressed in the Holy Qu'ran where God, as revealed through the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon him, says the following:

“O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from the twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women.” (4:1)

This remarkable verse speaks both of the inherent diversity of mankind -- the “multitude” -- and of the unity of mankind -- the “single soul created by a single Creator” -- a spiritual legacy which distinguishes the human race from all other forms of life.

The second passage I would cite today is from the first hereditary Imam of the Shi'a community Hazrat Ali. As you know, the Shi'a divided from the Sunni after the death of the Prophet Muhammad. Hazrat Ali, the cousin and son-in-law of the Prophet, was, in Shi'a belief, named by the Prophet to be the Legitimate Authority for the interpretation of the faith. For the Shi'a today, all over the world, he is regarded as the first Imam.

I cite Hazrat Ali's words so that you may understand the spirit in which I have attempted to fulfill the mandate left to me as the 49th hereditary [Ismaili] Imam after the death of my grandfather. I quote:

“No belief is like modesty and patience, no attainment is like humility, no honour is like knowledge, no power is like forbearance, and no support is more reliable than consultation.”

Hazrat Ali's regard for knowledge reinforces the compatibility of faith and the world. And his respect for consultation is, in my view, a commitment to tolerant and open-hearted democratic processes.

These Islamic ideals, of course, have also been emphasized by other great religions. Despite the long history of religious conflict, there is a long counter-history of religious focus on tolerance as a central virtue -- on welcoming the stranger and loving one's neighbour.“ Hazar Imam

https://go.iiuk.org/lnk/CAAABJL8SrQAAAA ... kRrM016WT0