GUJARATI GEET

Discussion on Devotional lit.
AminMomin

GUJARATI GEET

Post by AminMomin »

YA ALI MADAD. I WAS WONDERING IF ANY BODY HAVE A GUJARATI SONG STARTS AS "MARA MOWLA MARI DESH MA PADHARSHE SATHE RAHEMTOON NE BARKAT LAVSHE". I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SONG FOR A LONG TIME NOW. IF ANY BODY HAVE IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR IF ANY BODY CAN SEND IT AS MP3 TO <A href="mailto:AMINMOMIN12@YAHOO.COM">AMINMOMIN12@YAHOO.COM</A> THANKS.<BR>YA ALI MADAD.
Samjial

Gujarati Geet

Post by Samjial »

Yes it is sung very nicely by SHAMSHU Jamal the cd name is KHUSHIALI. Very popular geet and singer
Alkarim
AminMomin

Gujrati Geet

Post by AminMomin »

thanks for that info samjial. does anybody know where can i get it from or if anybody have it o&shy;n the net with mp3 format.
Admin

Ismaili Devotional Literature - Geets in honours of Imams

Post by Admin »

There are dozens of Geets in honour of our Imams in Indian languages. It is a subject that needs more research and compilation.

At a time when the Satpanth component of Ismailism is more and more subject to neglect, abuse and ridicule, I hope someone will be doing a thesis some day to research and record all the Geets (commonly called Mowla ji Shan ja Geet) and their use and impact in the community as well as, in fact especially, their doctrinal content.

Here is an example of one Geet in Gujrati but written in Khojki, found in Manuscript #hs170 of the Ismaili Heritage Collection dated September 1916 and written by Jamal Jiwa Meruwalla. This manuscript contains also the Arjun Gita, the Dasmu Avatar of Pir Sadardin, several geets, Pad, Bar Masi, Venti, Bhajan, Garbi, Stuti....

This one appears on page 24 and is titled "Sultan Saheb ne Vento Dasi tarike." (Supplication to Sultan Saheb as a servant.)