Pir Hasan Sabah

Discussion on doctrinal issues
st0necol

Pir Hasan Sabah

Post by st0necol »

Hmm...i forgot the correct name sorry. Yesterday my uncle was telling me about one episode of Aalim Online of GEO Television. There a host who is shia asked a Mullah from where suicide bombing started? He replied, it started at the time of Pir Hasan Sabah in the Ismaili Community.

There must be many wars at that time but there also would be some reason behind suicide bombing at that time. Is there a history of this Pir available? Or anyone who knows this incident would like to share it.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

First of all Hassan bin Sabah was not the Ismaili Pir but he is one of the famous Ismaili hero and the greatest warrior of his time. Yeah thats true suicide bombing was there from his time. Earlier it was for good purpose. Because of love for Imam of the time, people use to sacrifice thier own lives to defeat enemies. But now it is totally taken in negative sense as people do suicide bombing for terrorism thinking by this act they will get paradise. You can see the thing is same but intentions are different.
This is just as now when we talk about Jihad the first thing that comes in our mind is terrorism. Whereas Jihad does not means terrorism.
The concept and importance of holy war is very well explained in Gita, where it is called as "Dharam Yudh". No one generally take it in negative sense but as for Jihad, people do because terrorist do use Quranic Verses and hadiths for thier own political purpose and do make wrong interpretation for thier own benefits.
Now if I ask from when Jihad Originated. The answer may be from time of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) but that Jihad was very holy and was not at all terrorism which people do now and label it with jihad to give it a religious flavour.

Anyways you can read about Hassan bin Sabah from history section of this website or from any Ismaili history book.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The link to autobiography:

http://www.ismaili.net/hero/hero18.html

In his words Mowlana Abdur Razak Kanpuri on behalf of Sayyidna Hasan bin Sabbah says: "Khawaja Nizamul Mulk and Hakim Umar Khayyam are those sky shining stars who came to be known as radiants of an empire. In comparison to them, after some frustrations, Hasan bin Sabbah achieved, that success which was only the result of his virtues and skill, extraordinary wisdom and God given intelligence."
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

star_munir wrote:First of all Hassan bin Sabah was not the Ismaili Pir but he is one of the famous Ismaili hero and the greatest warrior of his time. Yeah thats true suicide bombing was there from his time. Earlier it was for good purpose. Because of love for Imam of the time, people use to sacrifice thier own lives to defeat enemies. But now it is totally taken in negative sense as people do suicide bombing for terrorism thinking by this act they will get paradise. You can see the thing is same but intentions are different.
This is just as now when we talk about Jihad the first thing that comes in our mind is terrorism. Whereas Jihad does not means terrorism.
The concept and importance of holy war is very well explained in Gita, where it is called as "Dharam Yudh". No one generally take it in negative sense but as for Jihad, people do because terrorist do use Quranic Verses and hadiths for thier own political purpose and do make wrong interpretation for thier own benefits.
Now if I ask from when Jihad Originated. The answer may be from time of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) but that Jihad was very holy and was not at all terrorism which people do now and label it with jihad to give it a religious flavour.

Anyways you can read about Hassan bin Sabah from history section of this website or from any Ismaili history book.
Munir
You are both right and wrong when you say Hassan bin Sabah was not a Pir. He like Waras Ismaili Gangji, Missionary Subzali, Nasir Khusraw amongst others was given the title of Pir posthumusly, so while he was not the Imam Mustakirr (could not have been as he was not from Ahle Bayt, and was born an Ithna Asheri), the Imam honored him with the title of a pir, but we do not recite Durood on his name or offer salami.

Shams
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

ShamsB wrote:
star_munir wrote:First of all Hassan bin Sabah was not the Ismaili Pir but he is one of the famous Ismaili hero and the greatest warrior of his time. Yeah thats true suicide bombing was there from his time. Earlier it was for good purpose. Because of love for Imam of the time, people use to sacrifice thier own lives to defeat enemies. But now it is totally taken in negative sense as people do suicide bombing for terrorism thinking by this act they will get paradise. You can see the thing is same but intentions are different.

Munir
You are both right and wrong when you say Hassan bin Sabah was not a Pir. He like Waras Ismaili Gangji, Missionary Subzali, Nasir Khusraw amongst others was given the title of Pir posthumusly, so while he was not the Imam Mustakirr (could not have been as he was not from Ahle Bayt, and was born an Ithna Asheri), the Imam honored him with the title of a pir, but we do not recite Durood on his name or offer salami.

Shams
I agree with you Shams. It was mistake. All I mean to say was, He was not Imam Mustaqar.
pannekoek

Post by pannekoek »

No, suicide bombing did not begin with the Dai Hasan Sabbah who founded the Nizari Ismaili State at Alamut. While rockets (the main use of gunpowder before guns) were being used in China at the time, its doubtful that their use had penetrated the Middle East at that time. I think the poster really meant to say that political murder began with Hasan and even then would be wrong. Political murder is well attested for thousands of years. The Classical Greeks believed that the assassinations of Tyrants was an honorable pursuit. From what I can tell from the histories Ismaili assassins did not kill innocent men, rather tyrants who have ordered the killings of many people.<BR><BR>There are quite a few conspiracy sites which try to connect the Ismailis of the Alamut period with Al-Queda, but these theories are really without substance. I recently had an o&shy;nline arguement with o&shy;ne such believer who believed that the Ismailis of today still had a secret cabal of assassins!
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Our heroes fought from the front themselves. Not commanding from behind and sitting theirselves hidden in the caves and hiding like a coward.

Our heroes didn't bomb kids and women or any other innocent ones.

It's a humble request to enjoy your journey on this forum but if you don't have anything to praise, please don't degrade.

Islam means peace and we all are here to promote peace and humanity.

And

all those muslims who helped Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in holy wars were terrorist? Politically aggravated wars are confused with the holy wars.
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Yeah

Only Allah is the knower of each human beings Intentions.

We're told not to accuse anyone unless and until we've a solid proof against them.