Self introductory Discourses of Ali (a.s)

Share small ismaili stories
adnan.ali

Self introductory Discourses of Ali (a.s)

Post by adnan.ali »

Self-introductory Discourses of Mawlana Murtaza Ali (a.s.)

1. I am the o­ne with whom are the keys of the unseen, which none knows except me after Muhammad, peace be upon him and his progeny. (Qur’an 6:59)

2. I am the o­ne who knows everything. (Qur’an 57:3)

3. I am the o­ne about whom the Messenger of Allah, blessings and peace be upon him and his progeny, said: “I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate”.

4. I am Dhu’l-Qarnayn (Qur’an 18:83-94), who is mentioned in the earlier Scriptures. (Qur’an 20:133; 97:18)

5. I am the honoured rock from which twelve springs gush. (Qur’an 2:60)

6. I am the o­ne who has the seal ring of Solomon.

7. I am the o­ne who undertakes the reckoning of the people. (Qur’an 88:26)

8. I am the Guarded Tablet. (Qur’an 85:22)

9. I am the o­ne who turns the hearts and the eyes. Surely to us is their return, and then surely upon us is the taking of their account. (Qur’an 6:11; 88:25-26)

10. I am the o­ne about whom the Messenger of Allah, blessings and peace be upon him and his progeny, said: “O Ali! The path is your path and the stand is your stand”.

11. I am the o­ne with whom is the knowledge of the Book about what has happened and what will happen. (Qur’an 13:43)

12. I am the first Adam. I am the first Nuh. I am Ibrahim al-Khalil when he was thrown into the fire. I am the comforter of mu’mins.

13. I am the o­ne who avails the means.

14. I am the producer of clouds. (Qur’an 13:12)

15. I am the o­ne who causes the trees to sprout.

16. I am the o­ne who causes the rivers to flow in torrent.

17. I am the o­ne who expands the earths, I am the o­ne who raises the heavens.(Qur’an 74:28).

18. With me is the decisive judgement (faslu-ul-khitab). I am the divider of Paradise and Hell.

19. I am the interpreter of the revelation of Allah. I am protected (from committing errors) by Allah.

20. I am the proof (hujjat) of Allah against those who are in the heavens and o­n the earth.
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

21. I am the treasurer of the knowledge of Allah. I am the upholder of equity.

22. I am the dabbah (beast) of the earth (Qur’an 27:82).

23. I am the rajifah (violent convulsion), I am the radifah (the following convulsion).(Qur’an 79:6-7)

24. I am the cry (Sayhah) with the truth o­n the Day of Resurrection from which the creatures of the heavens and the earth are not concealed. (Qur’an 50:42)

25. I am Ali, the son of Abu Talib, whose cry in the battle is like the sound of thunder. (Qur’an 2:19)

26. I am the Hour, which if someone rejects, there is burning fire for him. (Qur’an 25:11).

27. I am that Book in which there is no doubt. (Qur’an 2:2)

28. I am the beautiful names by which Allah has commanded to call Him. (Qur’an 7:180)

29. I am the fire from which Moses took a firebrand. (Qur’an 20:10; 27:7)

30. I bring the mu’mins forth from the graves. (Qur’an 22:7)

31. I am the o­ne with whom there are a thousand books from the books of the Prophets.

32. I speak in every language of the world.

33. I am the companion of Nuh and his deliverer. I am the companion of the afflicted Ayub and his deliverer. I am the companion of Yunus and his deliverer. (Qur’an 26:119; 21:84,88)

34. I erected the seven heavens with my light and perfect power.

35. I am the o­ne through whom Ibrahim al-Khalil submitted himself to the Lord of the worlds and confessed His grace. (Qur’an 2:131)

36. I am the staff of Moses, by which I hold the forelock of all creatures. (Qur’an 11:56)

37. I am the o­ne who looked into the spiritual world and did not find other than myself and every other thing was absent.

38. I am the o­ne who enumerates these creatures, even though they may be innumerable, until I bring them to Allah.

39. I am the o­ne whose word does not change, nor am I unjust to the servants.(Qur'an 50:29)

40. I am the wali of Allah in the earth and the o­ne to whom His work is entrusted and I judge between the servants. (Qur’an 40:44; 38:26)
Last edited by adnan.ali on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldfaizi

Post by goldfaizi »

Marvellest Adnan Ali. Thanks for this brother.
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

41. I am the o­ne who invited the seven heavens and they responded to me and I commanded them to become established.

42. I am the o­ne who sent the Prophets and Messengers.

43. I am the o­ne who invited the sun and the moon and they responded to me.

44. I created the worlds.

45. I expand the earths and I know the climes. (Qur’an 79:30)

46. I am Allah’s command, the Spirit (about which He said): “Say! The Spirit is from the command of my Lord.” (Qur’an 17:85)

47. I am the o­ne about whose enemies Allah said: “Cast you two into Hell every rebel ingrate”. (Qur’an 50:24)

48. I am the o­ne who made the mountain firm and spread (levelled) the earths. I cause springs (to gush), seeds (to grow), trees (to rise) and I produce the fruits. (Qur’an 79:32; 6:195; 71:19)

49. I am the o­ne who apportions their nourishment, and causes rain to fall and the thunder and the lightning.

50. I make the sun shine, the dawn rise, create the stars and the ships o­n the oceans.
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

51. I am the o­ne who resurrects the Hour. I am the o­ne who if assassinated will not be assassinated and if killed, will not be killed.

52. I am the o­ne who knows what is happening every moment and every hour. I am the o­ne who knows the occurrences of the hearts and the twinkle of the eyes and what is hidden in the chests (hearts).

53. I am the Salaat of mu’mins and their zakaat, Hajj and jihaad.

54. I am the naqur (trumpet) about which Allah says: “When the trumpet is blown”. (Qur’an 74:8)

55. I am the master of the stars, I do away with the kingdoms, I am the master of the quake (zalzal) and convulsion (rajifah) and I am the master of favours (afflictions) and clear judgement.

56. I am the owner of Iram, with lofty pillars, the like of which was not created in the lands.(Qur’an 89:7-8)

57. I am the creator of the spiritual world (malakut) and the physical world (kawn).

58. I am the maker, [and] the fashioner in the wombs

59. I am the o­ne who heals the blind and the leprous, and brings the dead to life, and I know that which is in the hearts and I inform you what you eat and what you store in your houses. (Qur’an 3:49)

60. I am the gnat (ba'uzah) with which Allah has coined a similitude. (Qur’an).
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

61. I am the o­ne whom Allah established while the creatures were in darkness and invited them to obey me.

62. I am the o­ne who clothed the bones with flesh.

63. I am the o­ne who is the bearer of the Throne of Allah with the righteous of my children and am the bearer of knowledge. I am the o­ne who knows the ta’wil of the Qur’an and the previous Books and I have been made firm in knowledge. (Qur’an 3:7)

64. I am the Face of Allah in the heavens and the earth, except for which everything else is perishable (Qur’an 28:88). I am the master of the Jibt and the Taghuut. (Qur’an 4:51)

65. I am the gate of Allah about which He says: “Surely (as for) those who reject Our Signs and turn away from them haughtily, the doors of heaven shall not be opened for them, nor shall they enter Paradise until the camel passes through the eye of the needle; and thus do We requite the guilty” (Qur’an 7:40).

66. I am the o­ne who is served by Jibrael and Mikael. I am the o­ne for whom the sun was made to return twice. I am the o­ne for whose obedience Jibrael and Mikael are assigned.

67. I am the master of the mountain (Tur), I am the master of the inscribed Book, I am the prosperous House of Allah (Qur’an 52:1-2, 4); I am the master of the tilth and the stock (Qur’an 2:205). I am the o­ne whose obedience is made obligatory upon everyone who has a breathing soul from among the creatures of Allah.

68. I am the o­ne who scatters the first o­nes and the last o­nes; I am the slayer of the criminals with Dhu’l-fiqar and the o­ne who burns them in the fire.

69. I am the o­ne whom Allah granted victory over religion. I am the o­ne who avenges the wrongdoers. I am the o­ne unto whom the communities are invited. I am the o­ne who will drive the hypocrites away from the pond of the Messenger of Allah.

70. I am the gate that Allah has opened. He who enters it is safe. I am the o­ne in whose hands are the keys of Paradise and the keys of Hell.
dchandani

self introductory discourses of Hazrat ALI

Post by dchandani »

Please could you inform the source or reference for this discourses?
thanks.
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

YAM
I knew this question will be asked by someone. I have read these discourse in a book by Hussain karamali, a missionary in early 1920s. The title is Naklanki Darpan. I think these are taken from Nehjul Balagha but i have not read Nehjul Balagha completely yet. I found the english translation in a website of Allama Nasiruddin Hunzai. That is http://www.monoreality.org. If the moderator feel it to be irrelevant, he can delete those posts.
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

71. I am the Light of Allah and His Hujjat (Proof). The tyrants tried to extinguish His Light and to refute His Proof, but Allah does not allow except that His Light and walayah be perfected. Allah granted His Prophet the Kawthar and granted me the stream of life. I am with the Prophet in the earth. Thus, the o­ne whom Allah wanted, He granted him my recognition and the o­ne whom He wanted kept away from me, remained far.

72. I am in greenness where the souls move and there is none except I who breathes.

73. I am the silent Aalim (learned) and Muhammad is the speaking Aalim.

74. I am the master of the former age (qarn). I talked to Musa al-Kalim. I drowned the Pharaoh. I am the torment of the day of shadowing. (Qur’an 26:189)

75. I am the Signs of Allah, I am the trustworthy of Allah, I give life and I cause to die, I create and I give sustenance. I am hearer, I am knower, I am seer, and I am the o­ne who travels through the seven heavens and the seven earths in the twinkle of an eye. I am the first, I am the second.

76. I am the Dhu’l-Qarnayn of this ummah.

77. I am the o­ne who sounds the naqur (trumpet) o­n the day, which is difficult, not easy, for the unbelievers. (Qur’an 74:9)

78. I am the Supreme Name (al-ismu’l-azam) which is “kaf-ha-ya-ayn-sa'd"(Qur’an 19:1).

79. I am the speaker of the language of the childhood of Jesus, I am Joseph, the truthful. I am the o­ne to whom Allah turned. I am the o­ne behind whom Jesus will perform prayers in the last time. I am the o­ne who returns in (different) forms.

80. I am the next world and this world. I originate and repeat. I am a branch from among the branches of the olive and a lamp from among the lamps of Prophethood.
adnan.ali

Post by adnan.ali »

81. I manifest the things as I will.

82. I am the o­ne who sees the deeds of the servants. Nothing lies concealed from me either in the earth or in the heavens. (Qur’an 10:61; 34:3)

83. I am the lamp of guidance, I am the niche in which is the light of Mustafa, i.e. the Prophet. I am the o­ne without whose recognition a person’s deed is null.

84. I am the treasurer of the heavens and the earth. I establish equity. I know the change of time and its adversities. I am the o­ne who knows the number of ants and their weight and the quantity of mountains and their weight and the number of drops of rain.

85. I am the great Ayat (miracles, signs) of Allah, which He showed to Pharaoh who disobeyed.

86. I am the o­ne who faced the two qiblahs and I was brought to life twice and I manifest things as I will.

87. I am the o­ne who threw a handful of dust at the face of the infidels and they retreated and perished. I am the o­ne whose walayah was rejected by a thousand communities and they were deformed.

88. I am the o­ne who is before the time and is going to come and manifest in the end of time.

89. I am going to crush the Pharaohs who have passed and am going to bring them out and punish those who are going to come. I am going to punish the Jibt and Taghut and bring them out and punish Yaghuth, Ya'uq and Nasr, who have led many astray.

90. I speak in seventy languages and I give fatwa about everything in seventy ways. I am the o­ne who knows what is happening in the night and in the day, a matter (decree) after a decree and a thing after a thing till the Day of Resurrection.

91. I am the o­ne who sees the actions of the creatures in the easts of the earth and (in) its wests and nothing (of them) is hidden from me.

92. I am the o­ne with whom there are seventy-two names from among the Supreme Names.

93. I am the sacred Kaa'bah, the sacred House and the ancient House. I am the o­ne whom Allah will make the owner of the east of the earth and its west in the twinkle of an eye.

94. I am Muhammad al-Mustafa, I am Ali al-Murtaza, for as the Prophet has said: “Ali manifested himself from me”. I have been praised with the Holy Spirit (al-ruhu’l-qudus). I am the percipient and no sin and doubt occur to me.