Continuation of Dubai Darbar

Share small ismaili stories

Continuation of Dubai Darbar

Post by Guest »

Saturday December 13, 2003 00:20 am

We have just returned from the mandap to our hotel. There were twice as many people as there were yesterday and more are expected to come.

The first dua is really a ghat pat dua here followed by the second dua and then two upstanding tasbihs. The frist one with Ya Ali Ya Muhammed and the second one with salwat, ya rahman Ya Rahim and ya Ali tu Rahem Kar. As the norm here the Kamadia Saheb recited.

Before the first dua, a Qasida was recited followed by Anant Akhado.

We met more Ismailies from Iran, from Mashad, Kerman and Birjan. Some relatives of Reza Mirsahi from Toronto. There was so much happiness. In broken Farsi and English we talked and they requested that we have a picture taken. After JK all the Iranian Ismailies gathered outside and started reciting qasidas. There was joy and tears as we stood there captivated listening to the qasidas. One Nouraddin from Iran had tears in his eyes and said that Mowla has not visited Iran in the past 36 years. All Shiraz and I could say was that He will surely come soon.

Remember that yesterday afternoon I wrote about the ginan Hanspuri Nagari Manhe; well this ginan was recited in between prayers on Friday evening. Talk about coincidences.

In the City of Souls (Multan,Dubai)/ the Lord made a Tent
Inviting all the momins/ to come and gather

The Lord’s placed a bedstead/ under the Tent
My Lord will be there for me/ on my special night o brother

My Lord will be there for me/ on my night
King Paelaaj/saviour of 50 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

My Lord will be there for me / on my night
King Harischandra/ saviour of 70 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

King Jujesthan/ saviour of 90 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

Pir Sadardin/ saviour of 120 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

Pir Kabirdin/ saviour of countless souls/ will be there as well o brother

In his hands He’ll have the triple edged sword o brother

In His Hands the Lord will have/ the triple edged sword
Cleansing me, Blessing me/ He’ll free my soul o brother

Come along my brothers/ drink the water of life
Then you will surely gain/ the fruits of paradise o brother

If you’ve listen to these words, o my brothers
Then you will surely find/ a place in paradise

Says our Pir Sadardin, we rely on You (Ali)
Bless us with Your Didar, o my Beloved

In the City of Souls/ the Lord made a Tent
Inviting all the momins to come and gather

I received an email about five youngsters dying in Houston. On an individual basis we shared moments of silent meditation. There were anxious moments when the PA announced a certain individual being taken ill seriously.

You hear of so many instances where many met friends and relatives after many many years and then the comment “it has become such a small world”

Everyone is also praying that the Noorani Family be present at the darbar.

Again the organization and discipline was excellent. Queues were less than 5-10 minutes and a special sitting arrangements were made for the seniors for JK and dinner.

The jamaat was requested to leave the mandap asap in order for preparations to me made for next days didar.

Most of the jammat will be having zikr in clusters at their hotels.

Again, all of you are in our thoughts.

Signing off 00:50 Saturday December 13, 2003

It is 9 am local time Saturday. Salgirah Mubarak to you all. May Mowla shower his barakat on the worldwide Ismailies and Ruhanis Amen.

In 45 min we will be on our way to the mandap. I am hoping to send this to you before we go.

Baitul Khyal am was open to today for the men. Hafiz ( Gula’s son – Juma rahematullah) recited Saat Saragna……

All the best. I will write after the Didar.

Allah Bolo Allah Bolo munivar jan
Ali ke charan chit ek man

Signing off
shamsu

sad news

Post by shamsu »

Let me share with you Mr guest what has caused me a lot of heartache.

over 12,000 Ismailies did Deedar on Saturday in Dubai.

And how many were present in JamatKhana at 4am the next morning?

---4----- FOUR out of 12,000

at the end of JK there were a total of 11 including the Jamatbhai.

Now I dont know what to think or say.

Where is the Haqiqati Samaj gone

I dont know if we can keep the Imam in our midst (with us physically)with this type of Baitul Kayal Haazri for too long.

Before the Deedar the Haazri was a bit better maybe 50 people in am.

I dont think we crossed the 15 people mark at 4 AM in the few days before Deedar anyway.

The deep sadness, looking at the spiritual carelessness in our Jamat, gets overwhelming at times.

This is something I worry about when I am not worrying about my jeeve.

Shams

Re: Continuation of Dubai Darbar

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Saturday December 13, 2003 00:20 am

We have just returned from the mandap to our hotel. There were twice as many people as there were yesterday and more are expected to come.

The first dua is really a ghat pat dua here followed by the second dua and then two upstanding tasbihs. The frist one with Ya Ali Ya Muhammed and the second one with salwat, ya rahman Ya Rahim and ya Ali tu Rahem Kar. As the norm here the Kamadia Saheb recited.

Before the first dua, a Qasida was recited followed by Anant Akhado.

We met more Ismailies from Iran, from Mashad, Kerman and Birjan. Some relatives of Reza Mirsahi from Toronto. There was so much happiness. In broken Farsi and English we talked and they requested that we have a picture taken. After JK all the Iranian Ismailies gathered outside and started reciting qasidas. There was joy and tears as we stood there captivated listening to the qasidas. One Nouraddin from Iran had tears in his eyes and said that Mowla has not visited Iran in the past 36 years. All Shiraz and I could say was that He will surely come soon.

Remember that yesterday afternoon I wrote about the ginan Hanspuri Nagari Manhe; well this ginan was recited in between prayers on Friday evening. Talk about coincidences.

In the City of Souls (Multan,Dubai)/ the Lord made a Tent
Inviting all the momins/ to come and gather

The Lord’s placed a bedstead/ under the Tent
My Lord will be there for me/ on my special night o brother

King Paelaaj/saviour of 50 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

My Lord will be there for me / on my night
King Harischandra/ saviour of 70 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

King Jujesthan/ saviour of 90 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

Pir Sadardin/ saviour of 120 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

Pir Kabirdin/ saviour of countless souls/ will be there as well o brother

In his hands He’ll have the triple edged sword o brother

In His Hands the Lord will have/ the triple edged sword
Cleansing me, Blessing me/ He’ll free my soul o brother

Come along my brothers/ drink the water of life
Then you will surely gain/ the fruits of paradise o brother

If you’ve listen to these words, o my brothers
Then you will surely find/ a place in paradise

Says our Pir Sadardin, we rely on You (Ali)
Bless us with Your Didar, o my Beloved

In the City of Souls/ the Lord made a Tent
Inviting all the momins to come and gather

I received an email about five youngsters dying in Houston. On an individual basis we shared moments of silent meditation. There were anxious moments when the PA announced a certain individual being taken ill seriously.

You hear of so many instances where many met friends and relatives after many many years and then the comment “it has become such a small world”

Everyone is also praying that the Noorani Family be present at the darbar.

Again the organization and discipline was excellent. Queues were less than 5-10 minutes and a special sitting arrangements were made for the seniors for JK and dinner.

The jamaat was requested to leave the mandap asap in order for preparations to me made for next days didar.

Most of the jammat will be having zikr in clusters at their hotels.

Again, all of you are in our thoughts.

Signing off 00:50 Saturday December 13, 2003

It is 9 am local time Saturday. Salgirah Mubarak to you all. May Mowla shower his barakat on the worldwide Ismailies and Ruhanis Amen.

In 45 min we will be on our way to the mandap. I am hoping to send this to you before we go.

Baitul Khyal am was open to today for the men. Hafiz ( Gula’s son – Juma rahematullah) recited Saat Saragna……

All the best. I will write after the Didar.

Allah Bolo Allah Bolo munivar jan
Ali ke charan chit ek man

Signing off
I like your rendering of the translation of the Ginan Hansapuri Nagari Ma(n)he, could you send the whole translation to the ismaili.net so that they could have it along with the other translation.

Post by Guest »

I did not attend the Didar but from the testimonies that I read and the conversations I had with people who had attended it, I got the overwhelming sense that it was an event that was unique and created a very happy atmosphere. Hazar Imam was also very happy.

My understanding about what caused it is not the Imam's physical presence( which was perhaps the icing on the cake), but rather the spirit of unity that prevailed and the preparations for Didar i.e., the ginans, waezes, speeches, ventis etc.

What we must learn from it is that we can have these experiences everyday if we go to JK with correct intentions and behave appropriately in JK with the spirit of unity, tolerance, respect for each other and above all with the quest for enlightenment (which the Didar represents).

I will end this post with the quotation from the speech HazarImam made at the ground breaking ceremony.

"It is my humble prayer that, when built, the Ismaili Centre in Dubai will be a place for contemplation and search for enlightenment, where people come together to share knowledge and wisdom. It will be a place of peace, of order, of hope and of brotherhood, radiating those thoughts, attitudes and sentiments which unite, and which do not divide, and which uplift the mind and the spirit".

The above should statement should reflect out daily behaviour in JKs.

Correction

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote: The above should statement should reflect out daily behaviour in JKs.
The statement should read as: The above statement of HazarImam should reflect our daily behaviour in JKs.

Mehmani

Post by Guest »

I overheard someone bragging about a relative who had a rare privilege of preparing a dinner for HazarImam during his recent trip to the Middle East, having dined with him and spent five hours in conversation with Him. For a while I thought this person might have been a non-Ismaili.

For an Ismaili has this privilege available to him everyday when he/she prepares Mehmani and takes it to Jamatkhana. This is equivalent to dining with Him!

When a momin spends time in contemplation and knowledge, he can be with HazarImam(Satgur) all the time!

Our faith (SATPANTH) is such that if we practice it with understanding our whole experience can be heavenly. As I am fond of Ginans, I will quote a relevant verse from Saloko Moto as under:

satgur kahere: dharam amaaro utam chhe
te utam sadaa sahee jaann
satpanth sol kallaa ugeeyo
jenne jaannyo amaaro bhed re....................53

The True Guide says: Our religion is exalted and know it as the most exalted in truth for ever. The Religion of the splendour and the brightness of the sixteen mansions on the moon has indeed grown, in whom who has understood our essence