Finally Didar

Share small ismaili stories

Finally Didar

Post by Guest »

Saturday December 13, 2003 00:20 am

We have just returned from the mandap to our hotel. There were twice as many people as there were yesterday and more are expected to come.

The first dua is really a ghat pat dua here followed by the second dua and then two upstanding tasbihs. The frist one with Ya Ali Ya Muhammed and the second one with salwat, ya rahman Ya Rahim and ya Ali tu Rahem Kar. As the norm here the Kamadia Saheb recited.

Before the first dua, a Qasida was recited followed by Anant Akhado.

We met more Ismailies from Iran, from Mashad, Kerman and Birjan. Some relatives of Reza Mirsahi from Toronto. There was so much happiness. In broken Farsi and English we talked and they requested that we have a picture taken. After JK all the Iranian Ismailies gathered outside and started reciting qasidas. There was joy and tears as we stood there captivated listening to the qasidas. One Nouraddin from Iran had tears in his eyes and said that Mowla has not visited Iran in the past 36 years. All Shiraz and I could say was that He will surely come soon.

Remember that yesterday afternoon I wrote about the ginan Hanspuri Nagari Manhe; well this ginan was recited in between prayers on Friday evening. Talk about coincidences.

In the City of Souls (Multan,Dubai)/ the Lord made a Tent
Inviting all the momins/ to come and gather

The Lord’s placed a bedstead/ under the Tent
My Lord will be there for me/ on my special night o brother

My Lord will be there for me/ on my night
King Paelaaj/saviour of 50 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

My Lord will be there for me / on my night
King Harischandra/ saviour of 70 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

King Jujesthan/ saviour of 90 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

Pir Sadardin/ saviour of 120 million souls/ will be there as well o brother

Pir Kabirdin/ saviour of countless souls/ will be there as well o brother

In his hands He’ll have the triple edged sword o brother

In His Hands the Lord will have/ the triple edged sword
Cleansing me, Blessing me/ He’ll free my soul o brother

Come along my brothers/ drink the water of life
Then you will surely gain/ the fruits of paradise o brother

If you’ve listen to these words, o my brothers
Then you will surely find/ a place in paradise

Says our Pir Sadardin, we rely on You (Ali)
Bless us with Your Didar, o my Beloved

In the City of Souls/ the Lord made a Tent
Inviting all the momins to come and gather

I received an email about five youngsters dying in Houston. On an individual basis we shared moments of silent meditation. There were anxious moments when the PA announced a certain individual being taken ill seriously.

You hear of so many instances where many met friends and relatives after many many years and then the comment “it has become such a small world”

Everyone is also praying that the Noorani Family be present at the darbar.

Again the organization and discipline was excellent. Queues were less than 5-10 minutes and a special sitting arrangements were made for the seniors for JK and dinner.

The jamaat was requested to leave the mandap asap in order for preparations to me made for next days didar.

Most of the jammat will be having zikr in clusters at their hotels.

Again, all of you are in our thoughts.

Signing off 00:50 Saturday December 13, 2003

It is 9 am local time Saturday. Salgirah Mubarak to you all. May Mowla shower his barakat on the worldwide Ismailies and Ruhanis Amen.

In 45 min we will be on our way to the mandap. I am hoping to send this to you before we go.

Baitul Khyal am was open to today for the men. Hafiz ( Gula’s son – Juma rahematullah) recited Saat Saragna……

All the best. I will write after the Didar.

Allah Bolo Allah Bolo munivar jan
Ali ke charan chit ek man

Signing off

Sunday Morning December 14, 2003 9:35 am

We left the hotel at 10 am and arrived at the mandap at ten past ten. There were at least two thousand Ismailies from all over lined up. Men, women, children, senior citizens in their best suits and colourful saris of the rainbow spectrum. More people meeting for the first time. Happiness all around.

Salwat was heard in murmur al over amidst the pleasant greetings. Kamal Taj’s Salwat was heard as well.

At 11:15 am we entered the mandap. An artist was putting the finishing touches to the crest on the center back wall of the stage. Beautiful design in blue on each side of the crest something in between a wave and the crests of the moon.

Within an hour the mandap was full – probably close to twenty thousand. Seniors were seated at the back. We were seated just off the center in the middle on the left, a view of the stage and the wide screen.

We were given a bag containing water, some chips and milk.

Amid the pleasant chat, like Anand Anand Kariyo rikhisaro, one could hear groups groups reciting salwat and ginans. Ruhani visal almost all fifty verses of them as well.

Around us, we met a couple and their son from Multan, a family from Atlanta oringinally from India, a group of ladies who I think were sisters from Chicago ( she knew people from Fort Wayne whom I knew, what a small world) and of course Immy from Canada was beside us.

Alwaes Kamaladin and Babul gave short waezes. The ayat was also recited many times over.”.. there has come to you a manifest light ( Noouram Mubeen)… siratal-mustaqueem…”. The ginan Sahabji Tun more man bhave was accompanied by twenty thousand strong.

Finally, it was intezari, 3pm. Silent salwat, thinking of family, friends we waited patiently. At I believe 4:15 it was announced that Mowla had departed for the mandap.

At around 4:30, we saw on the screen, the car driving in with men in uniform at attention.

Mowla was happy, smiling putting His hand on Mukhi, Kamadia and Mukhiani , kamadiani. He entered the mandap, and the salwat which was soft, now reached a crescendo.

The Red Noorani Chehro, He was showering blessings as He walked in his usual Didar stride, acknowledging the prayers and salwats. The baraka was there for everybody. With sobs, cries, tears the Salwats continued. After making four turns on the red carpet, He seated Himself on the Throne ( ayat tul Kursi).

After blessing of fruit, memani and water, the President (?) gave a speech praising Mowla for continued guidance and gave remembrance to July 1957 where Mowla had said he would dedicate his life towards the community. It was approximately ten minutes long.

Mowla then gave firman. I will attempt a gist. Please forgive for errors.

First of all he gave blessing to all, to the families, where ever we have come from.

Then He made a special mention for the volunteers who had worked very hard to bring about this day and special blessings

A special day, a day for the foundation stone for the Ismaili center in Dubai and His birthday.

In an exchange with the Sheikh, Mowla expressed His gratitude, and the Sheikh replied that you do not have to thank me, this is Your Home.

Mowla went to say that His ancestors built the City of Cairo, that today there are projects underway in Cairo, Syria and now Dubai. He mentioned the Ayyubid wall in Cairo. He also stated the projects involved alleviating poverty, and promoting education. With this in mind the Imamate was setting the stage for more projects in this area of the world. It was statement of confidence.

He mentioned about aql, intellect, knowledge. He mentioned that we need to present our tariqa in this light. He mentioned that there is the tradition of ours which has been suppressed intentionally and that He would ensure that this knowledge of our tariqa would be shared with the rest of the world. He would make sure that whoever had information, this history of ours, He would request that this information be brought forward and this history of our tariqa, thinking, would be shared with the rest of the world. He mentioned that this history, manuscripts will then place in our museum in Toronto

He stressed continued education, forsaking bad habits. He prayed for mushkil aasaan, for our imaan, to be on the siratul mustaqueem and again showered blessings on each one and families.

He gave special thanks to the donors

Lastly, He said that we are in His thoughts and prayers.

At 5:20 he departed leaving message with the Mukhi to enjoy the dandhia.

This is all for now.

Didar Mubarak.

Umed
shamsu

Presidents speech

Post by shamsu »

One thing at this Deedar that I have never heard of before in this Joma of Imam was that the President asked Mowla for the Generations of all present till the end of time to be linked to the Noor of Imam.

I did ask President for a transcript of that speech but in the rush it was very difficult and my plane was leaving the next day.

If anyone has the ability to access this speech of this uncomparable request that this President made of Mowla and I saw him go to Mowla and recieve pats on his back, please post it here or send me a private message.
Did mowla say Khanavadan to him I dont know but I think he usually does say Khanavadan as he pats the presenters on the back during the Deedar ceremony.

I need this speech transcript desperately as I have never heard of anyone in the history of Ismailism ask Mowla for this boon for over 12,000 murids in one ceremony and I think it has unprecedented historic importance.

It seems like I am the only person that was completely bowled over by this request which for the first time anyone has asked "Till the end of time" from Mowla Bapa and that too in Darbar on Mowla's Birthday.

Dear Umed if you remember it please acknowledge

Shams