Make your own Prayer

Comments and Questions about the Salwaat Pledge
avishnani

Make your own Prayer

Post by avishnani »

[color=indigo][/color] I thought I could make a prayer that you could always say and that benefitted u and others.
My prayer I made up was: [quote]Ya Allah Please keep my brothers and sisters around the world happy, safe, healthy, help them in their difficulties, and keeo them on Siratal Mustaqim. Amin.
You can make up your own or do the same as me. This is a good way to think about others the way our Imam does all his life.[/quote]
trurebeliever

Post by trurebeliever »

asak, yaa ali madad,

brother there prayer and dua are two different things, u can make ur own dua, only thing to remember as dont do shirk in it, i m a shia ithnashari moslim, we offer proper namaz as offered by prophet and imam ali pbuh , and also recite a lot of dua,written, or self composed, just like u made,
jkmomin

prayer

Post by jkmomin »

Do not make [as equal] with Allah another deity and [thereby] become censured and forsaken
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Code: Select all

Any prayer presented to Almighty Allah reaches to him, whether it is prayed and presemted in  Arabic, Persian, Urdu or pure Gujarati.
simple

Post by simple »

agakhani wrote:

Code: Select all

Any prayer presented to Almighty Allah reaches to him, whether it is prayed and presemted in  Arabic, Persian, Urdu or pure Gujarati.
And even just through ones feellings - no need for a language even :idea:
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

And even just through ones feellings - no need for a language even icon_idea.gif
Strange!! how any one can pray when he/she doesn't have any language?
how you expose your feelings to Allah? you need to have language if you like to pray your prayer loudly.
a_27826

Post by a_27826 »

agakhani wrote:
And even just through ones feellings - no need for a language even icon_idea.gif
how you expose your feelings to Allah? you need to have language if you like to pray your prayer loudly.
why does one need to pray loudly ? does Allah need ears to hear them ?
simple

Post by simple »

agakhani wrote:
well looking at a city devastated by a tornado and feelling sorry for the families , does God need a language to know what you are feeling Br?

God knows your innermost thoughts/ feelling and all, Yes? Lnguages i think are for people to communicate , and God knows what your about to say , even before you say it - i think, No?
a_27826

Post by a_27826 »

a_27826 wrote:
agakhani wrote:
what i meant was that when a person prays, he should be loud enough to hear himself so that he himself can know what he is praying.

he should not pray aloud so that Allah can hear him.

050:016 We created man: and we know what his soul whispereth to him, and we are closer to him than his neck-vein.
simple

Post by simple »

a_27826 wrote:
a_27826 wrote:
agakhani wrote: Strange!! how any one can pray when he/she doesn't have any language?
what i meant was that when a person prays, he should be loud enough to hear himself so that he himself can know what he is praying.

he should not pray aloud so that Allah can hear him.

050:016 We created man: and we know what his soul whispereth to him, and we are closer to him than his neck-vein.

Well as long as you are not saying everybody must :oops:

If you are , then know not everybody can!

:D
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

well looking at a city devastated by a tornado and feelling sorry for the families , does God need a language to know what you are feeling Br?
We are talking about prayer, God is Almighty he knows every thing but when some kind tragic situation arrive you have to use a language to pray to Allah and this was my point.
Let me ask you this in your own example; the one family member of tornado effected city wants to pray to Allah, he is buried underneath of a big tree fallen due to tornado, he is still alive ! What would he will do? in your opinion just stay quiet because Allah knows every thing! just lay down under neath the tree in pain until some one remove the tree, this may take weeks or months and by that time he may be died or Pray to Allah to send some one and remove the tree ASAP so that he can save his live? now if he use the second option which is more logical then he must have to pray Allah and must have to pray in laud and he must have to use language.
simple

Post by simple »

Well agakhani, in your own words God knows your pain/anguish/need/want and in accordance with his rules he will help you or let you die - and remember God does what he will , if he thinks we deserve something he will help us , so the secret is to do things so we are deserving and he will hear us without us utterring a single word, but God does help those who help themselves of course.

Languages are for us humans that is why we have ears - to hear with and so to get help from any other source we should shout out if we have to , but God isn't hard of hearing - sorry and he doesn't have ears like we do.

Also there are dumb people and others with communication problems also , does God hear them of course he does same as anybody else.

with respects.....