Pir Satgur Noor's demise

Share small ismaili stories
star_munir

Pir Satgur Noor's demise

Post by star_munir »

Do any one know how Pir Satgur Noor died??
Admin

Post by Admin »

I know for sure someone is writting his biography. I will ask and see if I can get the info.

Admin

Post by Guest »

Thank you

Post by Guest »

there is a section within this website on the pir.
kmaherali

Pir Satgur Nur's Death

Post by kmaherali »

This is how it is related in the article in the Heroes Section...

It is accounted in the 'Tawarikh-e-Navsari': "Pir Sayyid Saadat is the Chief Pir among all the Pairs of lndo-Pak subcontinent...... His tomb at Navsari is as old as of 800 years. Here not only Muslims but even Hindus pay homage and hold it in reverence and say that this Pir was an Arab saint". ,

Upon finding magnanimity of the Pir, two disciple's Chot and Chanch became greedy and thought of a deceitful plot. The Pir used to set apart from the body his soul in prayer for a considerable time. Therefore, both the disciples played a trick and induced Palande to find out how to be certain about Pir's existence if body did not recover from his breath withholding for a long duration. The Pir explained to lady Palande that while he was in that state if a fly happened to sit on his body then to take it for granted that he would not be existing. The lady told this to Chanch and he seized the opportunity of dropping sugar syrup on the Pir's body. By this flies began to sit on the body of the Pir and Chanch hurriedly brought the lady there for witness and announced death of the Pir. In this way the body of the Pir was buried, through conceit of Chanch, in 487 A.H./1095 C.E. at Navsari, Few Ginans are attributed to the saint which are commonly known as short Putla and Satgur Noor na Putla.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thank you
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Karim, is this anecdote mentioned in any of the Ginans?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Sorry for late reply but yes I knew the story how Pir Satgur Noor was died? there is a controversies where he was died, as per the author of pir padharya aapne dwar- pir was died in Sabzavar in year 1098 and there is a real tomb in Sabzvaar, while according Syed Sadruddin Dargahwala in his book "Tawarikh e- Pir" he writes that he was died in Navsari, where Chuch buried him alive. so there are two tombs of our great pir satgur Noor, one in Navsari and the other one is in Sabzavar. This is just for your clarification.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks for the reply. The link that you had posted few days back also mentions the tomb of Pir Satgur Noor in Navsari, but the story of how he passed away is given different.
Long time back I had listened a waez on Pir Satgur Noor, I dont remember the name of missionary. He had mentioned about how Chaanch was punished for his act. Have you heard about it?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Yes, I did heard that story long time ago I also read same story in those books which I mentioned earlier however I don't know whether it is still available or not? but let me give you brief story about the death of Pir Satgur Noor, there were to diciples of pir Satgur Noor 1, Chuch and 2, Chot among them Chuch wanted to take away the title from pir Satgur Noor, so he played a dirty trick, the trick was that once he told Queen Palandevi (wife of pir Satur Noor) that once upon a time Pir told him that whenever I(Chuch) see mosquitoes sits on my body then you must realized that I (Pir) passed away, however this story was not true and Chuch made it to receive Piratan from pir Satgur Noor . One day pir Satgur Noor was in deep meditation (Samadhi) what he did was sprayed some sticky and sweet syrup on the body of Pir Satgur Noor, so mosquitoes attracted and sit on the body of pir Satgur Noor, Chuch and Chot ( he was also a disciples of Pir Satgur Noor but he was also unaware about this trick of Chuch) started to cry when Chuch told him and other followeres that Pir Noorudin had passed away, actually pir was not died but he was in deep meditation (samadhi), Chuch showed mosquitoes and he told the lie story to all the followers, he was his favorite disciples and there was no other reason not to believe him, so everybody thought that pir has really been passed away but pir was in deep meditation he was not died but watching all the dirty trick played by "chuch" and Chot" sitting on the tree and taking incarnation in parrot, according these two books they buried the live body of Pir Satgur Noor in Navsari but in same book it is also written that after this events pir gave his all authority ( not piratan) to "Chot" and he went back to Sabzwar where he originally came from and after some years he passed away in Sabzwar, so their two tombs of Pir Satgur Noor, as I described in one of my above post.
Latter on Chuch started his own sect (Meghwals) which sect has many similar words from our ginans and some ginans in there possession.
Last edited by agakhani on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks a lot for sharing this. In the lecture, missionary had also mentioned that afterwards Pir came in some form (I dont remember exactly but I think it was form of bird) Have you heard about it?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Yes, I heard about that and more time you are right,it was parrot.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Do you know what exactly the parrot did? Did it inform Princess Palande or other people?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

According the book Pir Satgur Noor himself personified in parrot and sit on the tree and watched all the dilemma.

Yes the name shown in these books are same "Palande", Palandevi.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Was Chach punished by that parrot or someone else?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Is this story mentioned in any of the Ginans?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Was Chach punished by that parrot or someone else?
Parrot told the trick played by Chach so the Chot and other followers try to killed Chach, so he ran away taking some valuable shastra/granths with him, he ran and felled in "Kund" where dead animal's skins used to cooked and hid over there to save his life, after some time he came out and hid in "Meghwal" a backward class called (Dhedh) tribe this sect accepted him as their Murshid with new name "Mamdev" but he left satpanth.
This event is not listed in any ginan as per my knowledge but it is mentioned in those two books which I mentioned earlier.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks for this information.
I was reading about Baba Ram Rai (son of 7th Sikh guru, Har Rai) and story of his demise some what resembles with this one. Its not ofcourse exactly similar but some what similar, so I thought to mention it

In Sikhi Wiki, it is written : Ram Rai strictly instructed his wife Mata Punjab Kaur to not allow anybody access to his enclosure. He said to her that he was going into deep meditation and it was very important she obeyed his order. He then entered the room and meditated for numerous days. It was believed Ram Rai could leave his body and entered the spiritual plane. His Masands quickly realised his miss-presence and debated on where he was. After some time they asked Panjab Kaur who told them the situation. The corrupt Masands didn’t listen to her and suggested he would have perished in the room. They hacked a plan to open the door to the room and look inside. Panjab Kaur hesitantly forced them not to do this. However not obeying her order the Masands reluctantly opened the door and saw Ram Rai lying on the floor. They then debated on what to do next and suggested they should cremate the body. The saddened Panjab Kaur on seeing what they had done lamented in shock. She meditated to Ram Rai and did ardas for his return. The follows of Ram Rai or Masands had become greedy on seeing his wealth and property. They therefore did what they could in their power to gain hold of it.....As Ram heard the call of Panjab Kaur for his return the guilty Masands were already preparing the funeral rites of his body. They cleaned his body according to the traditional customs. Ram Rai in his spiritual form returned to be shocked at what his followers had done. From above he lamented and saw his own body. He became very infuriated at them as they could hear him from below Ram Rai cursed them for their folly. He also remembered his older brother Guru Harkrishans saying. Having been saddened Ram Rai didn’t re-enter his body but left for his heavenly abode.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Interesting !! but look like this story is made up story, you will find many similar stories in different religions because they want to give more important to their own Gurus.
Since we are talking about Pir Satgur Noor, let me give you example of Satgur Noor, according his ginan he converted a well know king "Sidharaj Jaysinh" from Anhilwad Patan after he made dance to Hindu devas in temple but same story you can find in Bohra 's Dai whoes name was Abdullah and he was the first dai who came in India, but the time of Sidhraj Jaysing and his arrival time has big gape, so people made up stories.
If you have ginan Satgur na vivah you may find above event.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Yes, I know about miracle of dancing idols. So do Bohris believe Pir Satgur Noor or they don't?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

No they do not beleive in pir satgur Noor but the main reason of my above post was to give you an example how other religion people are sstealing story from one religion and gives credit to their Murshids.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Yes, there are few stories that quite resembles (they may be or may not be made up by people). One is like when Guru Nanak came in Multan, he was given a bowl of milk and he put flower in it (There is similar story with Pir Shams as well). Anyways just to clarify, Baba Ram Rai is not considered as murshid by Sikhs.