Chicago Testimonial

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
ktnk

Chicago Testimonial

Post by ktnk »

The Chicago Didar on April 16th 2008 was wonderful. Mowlana Hazar Imam was so happy!

He arrived at the Donald E. Stephens conference center at 5:25pm, and He gave blessings and put His hand on the shoulder of each amaldari in the welcome line.

A few moments later, he entered the Didar Hall dressed in His Golden Jubilee Jaba and black hat, and he walked for 7 minutes amongst the 13,000 Jamati members gathered. He then majestically walked up the steps of the stage to his white and gold chair placed under the Golden Jubilee emblem in the center of a 5-tiered white and gold backdrop flanked with beautiful red and white rose arrangements.

The Mukhi Kamadias and Mukhiani Kamadianis in turn presented Hazar Imam with a gold chain, Mehmani, and Ab-e-Shafa bowl in which he made the nyaz. After recitation of Quran and ginan "Dhan Dhan Ajno", Hazar Imam rose at 6pm to make an 18 minute Farman in which he gave blessings, spoke of his Jubilee goals, of the economic situation, of the perception of Islam, of the Nazrana, and made some lively comments that made the Jamat laugh out loud. He was so very happy, and so was the Jamat!

After the Nazrana presentation Hazar Imam made another short 1-minute Farman, and the walked again amongst the Jamat, taking a different route, so that everyone got to see and to be seen by Imam. He also spent time going through the special needs section and stopped by hospital beds and gave duas. Before leaving, He told mukhi that he prays for the health and for Mushkil Asaan of those ill members of the Jamat, and he also told Mukhi that he wishes his Jamat to play Dandhia and be happy.

Didar Mubarak!
xaf

Post by xaf »

Heartiest Congratulations to the USA Jamat for an outstanding Golden Jubilee Celebration! What a beautiful reception our Beloved Mowla was accorded in Austin and in Atlanta at the airports. Many congratulations to all those involved in carrying this out. It truly gladdened my heart. I wish similar receptions could have been accorded to Him in Los Angeles and Chicago.
Our Beloved Mowla was indeed very very happy. His smiles were reaching His eyes. But why would He not be? The arrangements made by the US Jamat were fantastic. Indeed they were very generous as well as cordial and courteous at all times. But especially so in Chicago. We arrived at midnight and volunteers were still there at the airport. They guided us cordially and arranged for a shuttle to our hotel. The next day, at registration, the volunteers showed no irritation whatsoever at our having come so late to pick up the cards. Thereafter volunteers urged us to have refreshments before entering the Darbar hall. That was very kind of them. The refreshments were plentiful and delicious too, and volunteers kept on insisting that we take more and more. Generous snack bags were provided at the entrance to the Darbar hall and volunteers guided us courteously towards our seating area, wherein we were free to seat ourselves wherever we wanted. Upon minutes before Mowla's arrival, all the volunteers went and sat behind the jamat and not infront by the runners, as has happened in several other countries. This humility is admirable. After the Darbar, the volunteers rushed to get the snacks out and went around inviting the jamat to fortify themselves before attending the jamatkhana ceremonies. Later on, dinner was served in a smooth and organised manner and all volunteers were courteous, cordial and served portions with generosity.
As we stepped outside the Rosemont Convention Centre, we were shocked to see that the volunteers had lined up a fleet of taxi cabs for the jamat's use. In other places, it has been a nightmare getting to our hotel from the Darbar hall as there have been no arrangements for taxis and/or shuttles. This was indeed very very considerate of them. Those who attended all four Darbars like we did, will bear testimony that Mowla cracked the most jokes and was the most smiley in Chicago. This shows how happy Mowla becomes when the jamat is well looked after by the volunteers and there is generosity and consideration in arrangements.
All in all, the US Darbars were fabulous but Chicago was definitely the icing on the cake! Congratulations and Deedar Mubarak to all!
positive

Post by positive »

YAM xaf.....Thanks for sharing your views / comments / compliments with us.... but how did you manage to attend all the 4 darbars.... did you have your own Jet ? (only kidding) We attended 2 and could not fit the other 2... I shall definitely agree that US Jamati members and Volunteers went beyond their call of duty to take care of everyone that was there.... every person was made to feel welcome and v.special.... BRAVO and a BIG THANKS to the US Jamat and VOLUNTEERS... Keep up the good work..... it was just amazing.... just like the old good days......
102158sg

Post by 102158sg »

ya ali madad,naturally we in ATL think that Mawla Bapa was most happy and cracking jokes here.All those brothers and sisters who made it to more than 1 darbar,more power to you.The US institutions did a phenomenal job of planning and training but most of the credits go to mid and lower level leadership[in my book a leader is a leader high level,mid or lower] who invigorated the youths and those members who had not been too enthused about seva,they got them involved and gave them a platform to serve.so my hats off to all those who were not asked to receive Mawla or to bid HIM farewell but were so busy working and serving and making sure their subordinates and helpers were fed well,were looked after.Mawla has said before that there are those who I feel with my heart and then there are those I see with my eyes.As most of us will agree,I rather be in my Mawla's heart.My deepest admirations for all volunteers[uniformed and non-uniformed] and all those who gave of their time,finances and expertise to uplift the jamats of USA.<BR>thank you Mawla for gracing us with your deedar and to all those who travelled from far and wide to celebrate with us.
xaf

Post by xaf »

positive wrote:YAM xaf.....Thanks for sharing your views / comments / compliments with us.... but how did you manage to attend all the 4 darbars.... did you have your own Jet ? (only kidding) We attended 2 and could not fit the other 2... I shall definitely agree that US Jamati members and Volunteers went beyond their call of duty to take care of everyone that was there.... every person was made to feel welcome and v.special.... BRAVO and a BIG THANKS to the US Jamat and VOLUNTEERS... Keep up the good work..... it was just amazing.... just like the old good days......
Now that I think back, I can't believe that it was possible to do so. But I can only say that we are overwhelmed with joy, gratitude and humility and it is only with our Beloved Mowla's benevolence that we were allowed to participate in all the very wonderful Darbars! We are eternally thankful to our most loving Mowla for these opportunities.... :D
positive

jamatkhana addresses in atlanta

Post by positive »

102158sg wrote:ya ali madad,naturally we in ATL think that Mawla Bapa was most happy and cracking jokes here.All those brothers and sisters who made it to more than 1 darbar,more power to you.The US institutions did a phenomenal job of planning and training but most of the credits go to mid and lower level leadership[in my book a leader is a leader high level,mid or lower] who invigorated the youths and those members who had not been too enthused about seva,they got them involved and gave them a platform to serve.so my hats off to all those who were not asked to receive Mawla or to bid HIM farewell but were so busy working and serving and making sure their subordinates and helpers were fed well,were looked after.Mawla has said before that there are those who I feel with my heart and then there are those I see with my eyes.As most of us will agree,I rather be in my Mawla's heart.My deepest admirations for all volunteers[uniformed and non-uniformed] and all those who gave of their time,finances and expertise to uplift the jamats of USA.<BR>thank you Mawla for gracing us with your deedar and to all those who travelled from far and wide to celebrate with us.
IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: Based on above U live in atlanta.... we are in atlanta and are wondering if you would provide us the the j.k. addresses we would love to come to khane today to south khane.... could you please give us the address....for both main and south j.ks... we have a GPS so we will follow it.... thanx