"GHADIRE-E-KHUMM"

Discussion on doctrinal issues
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ghadir-Khumm and the Two Weighty Matters

I Wish I’d Been There

simerg.com/special-series-i-wish-id-been-there/ghadir-khumm-and-the-two-weighty-matters-2/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Poem: Ghadir Khumm: The Day of Perfection - From 1 to 7 Rejoice. Arise! It’s time to open your eyes! The Sun has risen outside, can you feel it inside!? Click to read more.

Ghadir Khumm: The Day of Perfection

By Nadim Pabani

Rejoice. Arise! It’s time to open your eyes!
The Sun has risen outside, can you feel it inside!? (1)

There’s a special feeling within the air
Not just in Ghadeer Khumm but everywhere! (2)

The animals & Jinn – You know they heard it too
Mankind’s new Mawla, it’s really true! (3)

The announcement was made right between the 2 cities
It sunk deep within my heart with joy & with ease (4)

Noorun ala Noor. This means Light upon Light!
The Truth would be known by those with insight! 1 (5)

The Imam was now Chosen. He would guide us like the Sun
Now let me unfold how the story begun… (6)

The spirit of search had been there, right from the very start
The Messenger encouraged the quest of the heart. (7)

1Reference to both the Quranic verse (41:53) in which Allah says “We shall show them our Signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes manifest that this is the Truth” but also to the Shi‘i notion that the Prophets and the Imams are the mazahir (loci of manifestation and perfect reflections) of the Divine Qualities which reflect themselves in the mirror of their pure souls. In this sense, al-Haqq (the Truth/Reality) is revealed through the Batini Noorani Didar of the Imam in which perception and experience of the Imam’s Noor is identified with the Divine recognition – The fact that it is an inner experience is also reflected in the Hadith of Imam Ali (a.s.) in which he explains that it is indeed possible to have a Vision or ‘Didar’ of the Lord but that physical eyes do not perceive Him rather He is recognised by the Inner Realities of Faith (haqa’iq al-iman).

We’d performed the Hajj seeking transformation
Our souls had been deeply immersed in contemplation. (8)

But on return from the House, a Message was received.
Inspired in the one that our hearts all believed. (9)

He had guided & enlightened our paths for so long
With love & with kindness, how could we ever go wrong? (10)

Now something had descended from the Lord of Creation.
All stopped & was still with anticipation. (11)

On the crowd fell a silence a desire to hear
The words of the Messenger received from the “Near” 2 (12)

The Beloved of Allah ascended the mountain
Of saddles & palms, way too many to count them! (13)

He raised his voice so that all of us could hear
Yet with whispered beauty, He said: “My time is near” (14)

No! It cannot be! My Father & Friend!
How can it be that this is the End!? (15)

Our hearts grew so heavy & our eyes began to tear…
But with love overflowing we lent him our ear. (16)

“The end!?” he asked!? “You know it will never be so!”
We all looked so stunned as his smile began to grow! (17)

“What can he mean? Isn’t he departing forever…?”
The thought made me weak at the knees but I held it together (18)

He was smiling so wide now I couldn’t believe it.
We knew that he had news & was so eager to share it! (19)

All of a sudden the crowd softened to hush
He began to speak & said “In Allah I Trust!” (20)

“The Lord of the Worlds has informed me of my time…
“But don’t think He will leave you unguided with no Sign!” 3 (21)

“Have I conveyed His message to you!?
Yes of course O Messenger, it is so! It is true!” (22)

His smile grew so wide almost encompassing all things
A joy inconceivable. What felt like a win! (23)

Not just for the Umma but the whole of mankind
Someone was to continue so that we would never go blind! 4 (24)

Allah loved us so, He would never leave us wandering
But who was to continue!? My soul could not stop wondering! (25)

The Beloved reminded us to hold true to Revelation!
This chapter was closed. Now it was time for interpretation. (26)

Prophecy would end but guidance would remain
The figure would change but the essence was the same! (27)

Revelation was just one of the Two Weighty Things! 5
His Family, the Ark would save all things! (28)

It was with them that His Treasures would be kept & protected
Ensuring that the essence would never be affected. (29)

The Book of Allah & the Progeny of Rasool
Follow one without other!? You must think that I’m a fool! (30)

He continued his speech & my ears continued to listen
In the warmth of the Sun, my eyes began to glisten… (31)

Words flowed from his mouth like pearls from the Sea.
I remembered his teachings which had so set me free! (32)

I continued to ask now, who could it be!?
But I had to wait no longer for he summoned ‘Ali! (33)

The bravest of all who had led from the very front
In speech he was so eloquent but could also be very blunt! (34)

His speech could cut through the false & the true
& the power of his intellect took deep root within you! 6 (35)

This was the one whom the Prophet had called Lion
Haydar & Murtaza – He was now the scion! (36)

The news was now spreading so far & so wide.
This was a new dawn. The turning of the tide. (37)

With this Revelation was a victory for the World!
We began to rejoice for ‘Ali was unfurled! (38)

This was a moment a Day of Perfection
In him was the Truth, with perfect Reflection. 7 (39)

This was the day of the mighty ‘Ali
One day the world would witness & see. (40)

His Light comes neither from the East nor West 8
& the ones who see Him are those truly blessed. (41)

He lights the way to spiritual vision
& bestows abundantly on spiritual children (42)

ismailimail.wordpress.com/2018/06/17/poem-ghadir-khumm-the-day-of-perfection/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

I cannot edit my post. The last seven verses of the above poem are:

Today He exists as the One Most Giving 9
His Nur is pervading, All-Knowing, All-Seeing 10 (43)

The gift of Imamat began on that blessed Day.
& since that moment He’s guided our every Way! (44)

Now you know the story of the Day of Perfection!
We hope that its meanings will inspire reflection… (45)

On the day of Ghadir, time & space stood still
To witness the unfolding of the Divine Will 11 (46)

All rejoiced within the heavens & the earth
From far-flung corners across the universe. (47)

It came from His Love
A grace from above (48)

The Imamat was manifest and had now begun!
On this day we witnessed the rising of the Sun! (49)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali wrote: The Imamat was manifest and had now begun!
On this day we witnessed the rising of the Sun! (49)
Just wanted to make a comment on the poem above. The Imamat did not begin at the Ghadir declaration. It is existed since and even before creation.

A new phase of Imamat began at Ghadir and the institution became manifest to the world at large instead of being known only within our Tariqah which has existed since the beginning.
shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

When Prophet Muhammad returned to Madina from Ghadir e Khum after DESIGNATING MOWLA ALI AS IMAM, a person named HARAS BIN NOAMAN FAHRI approached to Prophet misbehaving and cursing about the declaration of Mowla Ali. Haras Fahri said to Prophet; You asked us to accept you as Rasul of Allah and we accepted it. You asked us to believe in Tawheed, we accepted it. You asked us to follow Quran, we accepted it. You asked us about Salat, Saum, Hujj, Zakat, we accepted it. Now you imposed your cousin and son in law as our Imam and declared MON KUNTU MOWLAHU FAHAZA ALIYUN MOWLAHU. Is this from your side or Allah ordered you to say so? Prophet replied, it is order from Allah. In fit of anger he turned by saying, O Allah if it is correct what Muhammad is saying then better shower stones on me from sky. All of sudden before he rode his camel to leave a stone came from above and hit him on head and he died.

This story is taken from the book named "HAQQIQAT E IMAM E MUBIN" written by Waras Mukhi Ghullam Hussian of Hyderabad Sindh, published in 1954. Mukhi Ghullam Hussain was a missionary as well author of few books on Imamat.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Eid-e Ghadir

An Arabic-script ambigram, where ‘Muhammad’ upside down is read as ‘Ali’ and vice versa.

https://the.ismaili/eid-e-ghadir

This week, Shia Muslims throughout the world, including Ismailis, mark Eid-e Ghadir. The festival commemorates the pivotal event at Ghadir Khumm when, by divine command, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) designated Hazrat Ali as the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams.

Eid-e Ghadir, also known as Eid al-Ghadir Khumm, is an anniversary of special significance to all Shia Muslims. It commemorates the occasion at Ghadir Khumm when, by divine command, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) designated his cousin Hazrat Ali – husband of his daughter and only surviving child, Hazrat Bibi Fatima – as the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams. The occasion of Ghadir Khumm is also associated with the well-attested Prophetic tradition that he was leaving behind two weighty things: the Holy Qur'an and his progeny, which the Shi'a consider to be the Prophet's testamentary declaration.

Numerous reliable hadith sources – both Shia and Sunni – record the event at Ghadir Khumm. They agree that the Holy Prophet, on his return journey from the final pilgrimage, stopped at an oasis between Mecca and Medina known as Ghadir Khumm, and addressed the large gathering of Muslims who were accompanying him. The Prophet asked them if he had a greater claim upon them than they had upon themselves, to which the Muslims responded affirmatively. The Prophet then went on to say: “He whose Mawla I am, Ali is his Mawla… Oh Allah, help whoever helps him, oppose whoever opposes him, support whoever supports him, forsake whoever forsakes him, and may the truth follow him wheresoever he turns.”

The Shia Ismaili tradition bears witness to the continuity of the authority vested at Ghadir Khumm. The hereditary Imamat has continued over 1 400 years, from Hazrat Ali to the present Imam-of-the-Time, Mawlana Shah Karim al-Hussaini Aga Khan, who is the 49th hereditary Imam and direct descendant of Prophet Muhammad through Hazrat Ali and Hazrat Bibi Fatima.

In commemorating Eid-e Ghadir, the Jamat celebrates the seminal event of Ghadir Khumm, also reaffirming their allegiance to the Imam-of-the-Time as the direct lineal successor and inheritor of the authority of Hazrat Ali.

Eid Mubarak!
shivaathervedi_3

Genealogy of Mowla Murtaza Ali:

Genealogy of Mowla Ali Murtaza is as follow: Ali bin Imran (Abu Talib) bin Abdul Muttalib bin Hashim bin Abdu Manaf bin Qusayy bin Kilab bin Marrah bin Lavi bin Ghalib bin Fahar bin Maalik bin Nuzayr bin Kananah bin Khuzaimah bin Madrakah bin Ilyas bin Mazar bin Nazar bin Ma'ad bin Adnan bin Ov bin Alyasi bin Alhameesa bin Salaman bin Albant bin Hamal bin Qeedar bin Ismail bin Ibrahim(Khalilullah) bin Tarukh bin Nakhur bin Sharoogh bin Arghu bin Faalagh bin Aabar bin Shaalakh bin Arfahshad bin Saam bin Nuh bin Malik bin Matushalakh bin Akhnoon bin Alyaaraz bin Mahlaail bin Feenaan bin Anoosh bin Sheeth bin Adam.
Admin

Post by Admin »

shivaathervedi wrote:Genealogy of Mowla Murtaza Ali:

Genealogy of Mowla Ali Murtaza is as follow:....
From what source? Different sources will give different names.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Genealogy of Mowla Ali Murtaza is as follow: Ali bin Imran (Abu Talib) bin Abdul Muttalib bin Hashim bin Abdu Manaf bin Qusayy bin Kilab bin Marrah bin Lavi bin Ghalib bin Fahar bin Maalik bin Nuzayr bin Kananah bin Khuzaimah bin Madrakah bin Ilyas bin Mazar bin Nazar bin Ma'ad bin Adnan bin Ov bin Alyasi bin Alhameesa bin Salaman bin Albant bin Hamal bin Qeedar bin Ismail bin Ibrahim(Khalilullah) bin Tarukh bin Nakhur bin Sharoogh bin Arghu bin Faalagh bin Aabar bin Shaalakh bin Arfahshad bin Saam bin Nuh bin Malik bin Matushalakh bin Akhnoon bin Alyaaraz bin Mahlaail bin Feenaan bin Anoosh bin Sheeth bin Adam.
It is very close to the list provided by late Alwaez Shamshu Bandali Haji with variation in pronunciation at:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... highlight=
shivaathervedi_3

Admin wrote:

Genealogy of Mowla Ali Murtaza is as follow:....
From what source? Different sources will give different names.

The following genealogy of Mowla Murtaza Ali is taken from the book " ISMAILI TARIQAH " authored by Late Alwaiz Abu Ali.

ADAM
SETH
HENOCH
KAINAN
MAHALALEEL
JARED
ENOCH
METHUSELAH
LAMACH
NOAH
SHEM
ARPHAXED
SALEH
EBER
PELEG
REU
SERUG
NAHOR
TARACH
ABRAHAM
ISMAEL
KEDAR
YARAB
TAREH
ALMAQOOM
ADAD
ADNAN
MA'D
NIZAR
MUDHAR
ILYAA
MUDRAK
KHUZAIMAH
KENANAH
NADHAR
MALIK
FAHAR
GHALIB
LUVVAY
KA'IB
MURRAH
KILAB
QUSSAY
ABD MUNAF
HASHEM
ABDUL MUTTALIB
ABU TALIB
MOWLA ALI
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam: “Ismailis are the only Shia community who, throughout history, have been led by a living, hereditary Imam in direct descent from the Prophet”

Posted by Nimira Dewji
“O Messenger, deliver [to the people] what has been revealed to you from your Lord, and if you do not do so, then you will not have delivered His message; and Allah will protect you from the people.” (5:67)

Upon the Prophet’s death, a successor was needed to lead the Muslim community (ummah) and state. Prophet Muhammad was the “seal of the prophets” (khatim al-anbiya) and, therefore, could not be succeeded by another prophet (nabi). The majority of the community selected Abu Bakr (r. 632-4) as the successor to the Messenger of Allah (khalifat rasul Allah), whence the word ‘caliph’ in western languages.

The Shi’a believed that “the Islamic message contained inner truths that could not be understood through human reason and therefore, the successor was also responsible to explain the message of Islam. A person with such qualifications, according to the Shi’a, could belong only to the Prophet’s family (ahl al-bayt), ‘whose members alone could provide the legitimate channel for explaining and interpreting the teachings of Islam”(Daftary, A Short History of Ismailis p 24).

“The Shi’a emphasised the importance of the Imam’s kinship to the Prophet as prerequisites for possessing the required religious knowledge (‘ilm) and authority…the Shi’a also held that after Ali the leadership of the Muslim community was the exclusive prerogative of Alid, descendants of Ali belonging to the ahl al-bayt” (Daftary, A Short History of Ismailis p 24)

A small group in Medina held that the Prophet had designated his cousin and son-in-law Ali as his successor. According to sources, in March 632, when returning from his final pilgrimage to Mecca, the Prophet stopped at Ghadir Khumm (literally ‘pond of Khumm’ in Arabic, the marsh located in an area between Mecca and Medina), gathered the pilgrims, took Ali’s hand and said: Man kuntu mawlahu fa Aliyyin mawlahu (“He whose Mawla I am, Ali is his Mawla”).

This minority group came to be known as shi’at Ali, “party” or “supporters of Ali,” today known simply as Shi’a. This event, which falls on 18th of Dhu’l Hijja in the Muslim lunar calendar, is commemorated by Shi‘a Muslims as Eid al-Ghadir.

Accounts of event at Ghadir Khumm
Ahmad ibn Hanbal’s account (d. 855)
An eminent scholar from the early Sunni interpretation and founder of the Hanbali school of law, Ahmad ibn Hanbal (d. ca. 855), who lived in Baghdad, has the following account in his Musnad (ca. 800) of what the Prophet’s Companions witnessed at Ghadir Khumm:

“We were with the Messenger of Allah in his journey and we stopped at Ghadir Khumm. We performed the obligatory prayer and a place was swept for the Messenger under two trees and he performed the midday prayer. And then he took Ali by the hand and said to the people: “Do you not acknowledge that I have a greater claim on each of the believers than they have on themselves?” And they replied: “Yes!” And he took Ali’s hand and said:

“He whose Mawla I am, Ali is his Mawla (“Man kuntu mawlahu fa Aliyyin mawlahu”). O Allah! Support whoever supports him [Ali] and oppose whoever opposes him.”

Musnad ibn hanbal
Musnad. Source: Wikipedia
And Umar met him [Ali] after this and said to him:

“Congratulations, O son of Abu Talib! Now morning and evening you are the Mawla of every believing man and woman.”

The Messenger of Allah said:

“I have left among you two weighty matters; if you cling to them, you shall not be led into error after me… The Book of Allah…and my progeny, the People of my House. These two shall not be parted until they return to the Pool [of Kawthar in Paradise].”

Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj (d. 875)
A Persian scholar who compiled Sahih Muslim (ca. 800), one of the major collections of hadiths of Sunni Islam, broadly recognised as authentic, left the following account:

“The Messenger of Allah said: “I am leaving among you two weighty matters: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it…The second are the members of my household. I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family.”

Qadi al-Nu’man (d.974), the foremost Fatimid jurist
Al-Qadi Al-Nu’man “codified Ismaili law by systematically collecting the firmly established legal hadiths transmitted from the ahl al-bayt.” He subsequently compiled the Da’a’im al-Islam (The Pillars of Islam) under close supervision of Imam al-Mu’izz who endorsed it as the official code of the Fatimid state. In the Da’a’m, al-Nu’man states:

Prophet Muhammad said: ‘I am leaving among you two matters of great weight (al-thaqalayn), the Book of Allah and my kindred (itrati), the People of my House (Ahl al-Bayt), and these two shall never be separated until they return to me at the Pool [of Kawthar in Paradise on the Day of Judgement]…”

al-Numan Da'a'im
Title page of the second volume of Qadi al-Nu’man’s Da’a’im al-Islam produced in India in the mid-19th century. Image: The Ismailis An Illustrated History

“The Sunni position is that the Prophet nominated no successor, and that spiritual-moral authority belongs to those who are learned in matters of religious law. As a result, there are many Sunni imams in a given time and place. But others believed that the Prophet had designated his cousin and son-in-law, Ali, as his successor. From that early division, a host of further distinctions grew up — but the question of rightful leadership remains central. In time, the Shia were also sub-divided over this question, so that today the Ismailis are the only Shia community who, throughout history, have been led by a living, hereditary Imam in direct descent from the Prophet.”
Mawlana Hazar Imam
Ottawa, Canada, February 27, 2014
Speech

Aga Khan ismailis ottawa
Mawlana Hazar Imam delivers a historic address to a joint session of the Parliament of Canada on February 27, 2014, at the invitation of Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Photo: AKDN / Gary Otte
Sources:
Farhad Daftary, A Short History of the Ismailis, Edinburgh University Press, 1998
James W. Allan, “Islamic Art and Doctrinal Pluralism,” Diversity and Pluralism in Islam Edited by Zulfikar Hirji, I.B. Taurus Publishers, 2010, p. 98
Professor Azim Nanji, The Imamate in Ismailism, The Institute of Ismaili Studies
What is Shia Islam? The institute of Ismaili Studies

Images at:
nimirasblog.wordpress.com/2019/08/18/mawlana-hazar-imam-ismailis-are-the-only-shia-community-who-throughout-history-have-been-led-by-a-living-hereditary-imam-in-direct-descent-from-the-prophet/?utm_source=Direct
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

Verses of Quran about Ghadir:

Shi'a and Sunni exegetes believe that some verses in the Qur'an are about the event of Ghadir and have been revealed to the Prophet in 'Hajjat al-Wida'.

Verse 3/5 of Qur'an which is known as the al-Ikmal Verse and says, "Today, I have perfected your religion for you, and I have completed My blessing upon you, and I have approved Islam as your religion."

Verse 67/5 of the same surah which is called the al-Tabligh Verse and says, "O Apostle! Communicate that which has been sent down to you from your Lord, and if you do not, you will not have communicated His message, and Allah shall protect you from the people."

Verses 1-2/70 of Qur'an which reads, "An asker asked for a punishment bound to befall which none can avert from the faithless" referring to the event that after the Prophet announced the guardianship of Ali , a man whose name was Nu'man b. Harith al-Fihri came to the Prophet and complained that, "You ordered us to acknowledge Tawhid, your mission, performing jihad, hajj, fasting, prayer and giving zakat and we accepted. But, you were not pleased with this much until you appointed your cousin as our Wali. Is this appointment your own decision or from God?!" When the Prophet answered him that it has been the order of God, the man asked God disdainfully that if this order is from God, a stone should fall on his head from the sky. Then, a stone fell from the sky on his head and he dropped dead and this verse was then revealed.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Man Kunto Maula | Orchestral Qawwali | Abi Sampa

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

JollyGul.com “Must watch, must listen” recommendations of devotional music produced by our community members as well as what is created in the wider Muslim world are out for February 2020.

Man Kunto Maula (Orchestral Qawwali)

Man Kunto Maula is a Sufi qawwali composed by Amir Khusrau in the praise of Imam Ali. It is based on the hadith of Prophet Muhammad – Man Kunto Maula, Fa haza Ali-un Maula (Whomever I am Master to, Ali is his Master too).

Amir Khusrau (1253-1325) was a Sufi musician, poet and scholar from India. He was an iconic figure in the cultural history of the Indian subcontinent. He wrote poetry primarily in Persian. Khusrau is regarded as the “father of qawwali” (a devotional music form of the Sufis in the Indian subcontinent), and introduced the ghazal style of song into India, both of which still exist widely in India and Pakistan.

Abi Sampa (the singer) has been passionate about music, learning to play the saxophone and veena since she was only 8 years old. Abi is UK based and is a dentist by training. She regularly features on the BBC’s Asian Network.

Vocals: Abi Sampa
Dance: Vidya Patel
Producer: Rushil Ranjan
Mixing: Chris Cara
Mastering: Alex Psaroudakis
Video: Andrew Britton – Limelight Films
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Man Kunto Maula- Abida Parveen Live.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

This marks the end of the period of nabuwwa, or Prophethood, and the historical beginning of the Institution of Imamat. Eid-e Ghadir is an anniversary of special significance to all Shia Muslims, as it is also associated with the well-attested tradition in which the Prophet is said to have proclaimed:

“I am leaving among you two matters of great weight (al-thaqalayn), the Book of Allah and my kindred (itrati), the People of my House (Ahl al-Bayt), and these two shall never be separated until they return to me at the Pool [of Kawthar in Paradise on the Day of Judgement]…”

In reference to the two weighty matters,there is an interesting anecdote quoted from Mumtaz Tajdin's 225 anecdotes which can be accessed at: http://ismaili.net/source/books/225anecdotes.pdf

(1) Aga Jhangi Shah, the uncle of Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah used to lift the Imam on his shoulder during his early childhood and loitered around the residence of Wadi, Bombay. When he assumed Imamate in 1885 and was going to the Jamatkhana, his uncle tried to lift him on his shoulder, but didn’t. The Imam laughed and said, “Uncle Jhangi, you cannot lift me because I am now an Imam. Didn’t you hear the hadith of my maternal grandfather (the Prophet) that he had left behind him two weighty things, his Ahel Baiyat and the Koran. The “weighty things” has outer and inner dimensions. I hope you must have understood its outer dimension.” The Imam also said, “If I desire, I can decrease my weight to its normal. Now you lift me.” Aga Jhangi Shah then try to lift and succeeded; but the Imam didn’t like to be lifted on his uncle’s shoulder, therefore, he went in the horse-cart.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
kmaherali wrote: The Imamat did not begin at the Ghadir declaration. It is existed since and even before creation.
You wrote before creation!! When there was no creation around, how did it started. MSMS said, if there is only one person (creation) present on planet earth, still I am the Imam. From this Farman, I assume creation is must for declaration of Imamat.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote:
kmaherali wrote:
kmaherali wrote: The Imamat did not begin at the Ghadir declaration. It is existed since and even before creation.
You wrote before creation!! When there was no creation around, how did it started. MSMS said, if there is only one person (creation) present on planet earth, still I am the Imam. From this Farman, I assume creation is must for declaration of Imamat.
Good point. I mentioned "historical beginning of the Institution of Imamat". The Imamat before Prophet Muhammad is beyond history.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Man Kunto Mawla Hu - To Whom I Am The Master
JollyGul.com presents “Man Kunto Mawla Hu”, a Manqabat Qawwali song composed by Amir Khusrau in praise of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib sung by Shahid Akhtar Qalandar. The video with music has lyrics and English translations displayed.

This popular song is based on a hadith, a saying of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) - “Whoever accepts me as a Master, Ali (AS) is his Master too”.

Amir Khusrau (1253-1325) was an Indian Sufi singer, poet, scholar and regarded as the “father of qawwali” and also introduced the ghazal style of song into India. He was an expert in many different styles of Persian poetry.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vL9Upd ... e=youtu.be
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Eid-e Ghadir

This week, Shia Muslims across the world observe Eid-e Ghadir, marking the anniversary of an important event in Muslim history. According to Shia belief, tradition, and interpretation of history, this occasion commemorates the pivotal gathering at Ghadir Khumm, when Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) — based on a divine command from Allah — designated Hazrat Ali as his successor and the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams.

In historical sources, it is recorded that on the way back to Medina after performing a pilgrimage to Mecca, the Prophet received a revelation — Surah al-Ma’ida (sura 5 ayat 67) — that we recite in our daily prayers:

“O Messenger, deliver [to the people] what has been revealed to you from your Lord, and if you do not do so, then you will not have delivered His message …”

Numerous reliable hadith sources — both Shia and Sunni — record this event, which took place in the year 632 CE. Upon receiving this revelation, the Holy Prophet stopped at an oasis known as Ghadir Khumm, and addressed a large gathering of Muslims who had accompanied him. It is said that The Prophet proclaimed: “Man kuntu mawlahu fa aliyyun mawlahu” meaning: “He whose Mawla I am, Ali is his Mawla.” The Prophet then prayed: “O Allah, be a friend of whoever is his friend and extend your support to those who support him.”

According to Shia belief, by declaring Hazrat Ali as Mawla after him, the Prophet transferred his own spiritual authority bestowed upon him by Allah to Hazrat Ali, making him — and all the Imams that follow — the Amirul Mu’minin, or Master of the Believers.

On instruction from Prophet Muhammad, Hazrat Ali received baiyat (the oath of allegiance), from the Muslims assembled there. According to Shia traditions and sources, following the proclamation, the final verse of the Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet:

“On this day, I have perfected for you your religion, completed my favours upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.”

This marks the end of the period of nabuwwa, or Prophethood, and the historical beginning of the Institution of Imamat. Eid-e Ghadir is an anniversary of special significance to all Shia Muslims, as it is also associated with the well-attested tradition in which the Prophet is said to have proclaimed:

“I am leaving among you two matters of great weight (al-thaqalayn), the Book of Allah and my kindred (itrati), the People of my House (Ahl al-Bayt), and these two shall never be separated until they return to me at the Pool [of Kawthar in Paradise on the Day of Judgement]…”

The Shia Ismaili tradition bears witness to the continuity of the authority vested at Ghadir Khumm. Today, this leadership and authority is vested in Mawlana Hazar Imam. The rope of Imamat has continued over 1,400 years, from Hazrat Ali, to the present 49th hereditary Imam and direct descendant of Prophet Muhammad through Hazrat Ali and Hazrat Bibi Fatima al-Zahra, Khatun-i Jannat.

In commemorating Eid-e Ghadir, the Jamat celebrates the seminal event of Ghadir Khumm, reaffirming our allegiance to the Imam-of-the-Time as the direct lineal successor and inheritor of the authority of Hazrat Ali.

Eid Mubarak!

swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:Eid-e Ghadir

This week, Shia Muslims across the world observe Eid-e Ghadir, marking the anniversary of an important event in Muslim history. According to Shia belief, tradition, and interpretation of history, this occasion commemorates the pivotal gathering at Ghadir Khumm, when Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) — based on a divine command from Allah — designated Hazrat Ali as his successor and the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams.

".. when Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) — based on a divine command from Allah — designated Hazrat Ali as his successor and the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams".

Is the above statement official according to Ismaili tenets??
Admin

Post by Admin »

Mankuntu Mowla was probably a Hadith Khursi and not a simple Hadith. It did not designate, it just confirmed that Ali was Mowla of whoever considered Allah as his Mowla. And that confirmation made Islam complete.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: ".. when Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) — based on a divine command from Allah — designated Hazrat Ali as his successor and the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams".

The Constitution which can be considered as the statement of our tenets (from the zaheri perspective) states:

(B) In accordance with Shia doctrine, tradition, and interpretation of history, the Holy Prophet (S.A.S.) designated and appointed his cousin and son-in-law Hazrat Mawlana Ali Amiru-l-Mu'minin (Alayhi-s-salam), to be the first Imam to continue the Ta'wil and Ta'lim of Allah's final message and to guide the murids, and proclaimed that the Imamat should continue by heredity through Hazrat Mawlana Ali (A.S.) and his daughter Hazrat Bibi Fatimat-az-Zahra, Khatun-i-Jannat Alayha-s-salam).

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/extra1.html
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Admin wrote:Mankuntu Mowla was probably a Hadith Khursi and not a simple Hadith. It did not designate, it just confirmed that Ali was Mowla of whoever considered Allah as his Mowla. And that confirmation made Islam complete.
You wrote probably," Mankuntu Mowla was probably a Hadith Khursi ". Hadith 'Mon kunto Mowla' is not known as Hadith Khursi. If you have reference please mention. My question was about an Ismaili Tenet mentioned by " The.Ismaili " and quoted by Kmaherali. 'The. Ismaili' is an official website of community and they are responsible people.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: ".. when Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) — based on a divine command from Allah — designated Hazrat Ali as his successor and the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams".

The Constitution which can be considered as the statement of our tenets (from the zaheri perspective) states:

(B) In accordance with Shia doctrine, tradition, and interpretation of history, the Holy Prophet (S.A.S.) designated and appointed his cousin and son-in-law Hazrat Mawlana Ali Amiru-l-Mu'minin (Alayhi-s-salam), to be the first Imam to continue the Ta'wil and Ta'lim of Allah's final message and to guide the murids, and proclaimed that the Imamat should continue by heredity through Hazrat Mawlana Ali (A.S.) and his daughter Hazrat Bibi Fatimat-az-Zahra, Khatun-i-Jannat Alayha-s-salam).

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/extra1.html
Website 'The.Ismaili' is an official website of the Ismaili community. Let me once again quote;
".. when Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) — based on a divine command from Allah — designated Hazrat Ali as his successor and the first in the continuing line of hereditary Imams".

In your reply, you wrote, "The constitution which can be considered as the statement of our Tenets ( FROM THE ZAHIRI PERSPECTIVE)..
The statement 'From the zahiri perspective' is in PARENTHESES, and is your opinion and not of all Ismailis.

No where in PREAMBLE of constitution the words "zahiri perspective' are used.

It was Divine command from Allah that Prophet Muhammad designated and appointed Mowla Ali as his successor.
Admin

Post by Admin »

swamidada wrote:
Admin wrote:Mankuntu Mowla was probably a Hadith Khursi and not a simple Hadith. It did not designate, it just confirmed that Ali was Mowla of whoever considered Allah as his Mowla. And that confirmation made Islam complete.
You wrote probably," Mankuntu Mowla was probably a Hadith Khursi ". Hadith 'Mon kunto Mowla' is not known as Hadith Khursi. If you have reference please mention. My question was about an Ismaili Tenet mentioned by " The.Ismaili " and quoted by Kmaherali. 'The. Ismaili' is an official website of community and they are responsible people.
I go with the Farman of Sultan Muhammad Shah which explains that Allah asked the Prophet to tell the people Mankutu Mowla etc... I think our Imam is also "responsible people" - I do not know about any Farman contradicting.

People are free to accept or reject Imam's farman, who am I to judge?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: The statement 'From the zahiri perspective' is in PARENTHESES, and is your opinion and not of all Ismailis.

It was Divine command from Allah that Prophet Muhammad designated and appointed Mowla Ali as his successor.
Yes it is my opinion based on the fact that this document is available to everyone to read and is not only restricted to Ismailis only.

Of course the Constitution itself will never state that it is a zaheri or batuni document.

Of course from the Batuni perspective we know that Imamat existed even before Prophet Muhammad. The role of the Prophet at Ghadir was in this sense make Imamat apparent to the world. It was NOT to begin Imamat.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Admin wrote:
swamidada wrote:
I go with the Farman of Sultan Muhammad Shah which explains that Allah asked the Prophet to tell the people Mankutu Mowla etc... I think our Imam is also "responsible people" - I do not know about any Farman contradicting.

People are free to accept or reject Imam's farman, who am I to judge?
I dare not to side line or reject Farman of Hazar Imam. I do believe in the Hadith 'MON KUNTU MOWLA FA HAAZA ALIYUN MOWLA'.
My objection was the phrase you used i.e. 'Hadith Khursi'. Mon Kuntu Mowla is not known as Hadith Khursi. Did Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah used that phrase which you mentioned?
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: The statement 'From the zahiri perspective' is in PARENTHESES, and is your opinion and not of all Ismailis.

Yes it is my opinion based on the fact that this document is available to everyone to read and is not only restricted to Ismailis only.

Of course the Constitution itself will never state that it is a zaheri or batuni document.

Of course from the Batuni perspective we know that Imamat existed even before Prophet Muhammad. The role of the Prophet at Ghadir was in this sense make Imamat apparent to the world. It was NOT to begin Imamat.
You wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion, I respect your opinion. Let me ask you; Why in 1986 Hazar Imam ordered that the Preamble should be explained to jamaits all over the world? None of the presenter mentioned that Preamble is a Batuni text! No doubt it was meant for jamaits SPECIALLY to understand TENETS OF ISMAILISM. Let me tell you that Preamble has saved lives of Ismailis in Pakistan at least, and has positive effect on non Ismailis.

The article of Preamble which you posted does not mention the Batuni perspective of Imamat.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: You are entitled to your opinion, I respect your opinion. Let me ask you; Why in 1986 Hazar Imam ordered that the Preamble should be explained to jamaits all over the world? None of the presenter mentioned that Preamble is a Batuni text! No doubt it was meant for jamaits SPECIALLY to understand TENETS OF ISMAILISM. Let me tell you that Preamble has saved lives of Ismailis in Pakistan at least, and has positive effect on non Ismailis.

The article of Preamble which you posted does not mention the Batuni perspective of Imamat.
Of course it is important for Ismailis to be familiar with and have an understanding of the Constitution. I am not denying the tenets defined in the preamble.

However it must be also understood that the understanding of the tenets itself evolves as the individual murid advances on the Path. Hence at the basic level the Prophet appointed Hazarat Aly to continue the Mission. As a person advances he understands that Imamat has always existed and hence to say that the Prophet appointed Hazarat Aly becomes less significant.

Let me ask you a simple question: Do you think Imamat started at the declaration of Ghadir ?
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
Let me ask you a simple question: Do you think Imamat started at the declaration of Ghadir ?

I believe in Imamat. I believe in Hazar Imam. I believe in his Farmans and Hidayat. I believe in Ismaili and Muslim Tenets as mentioned in PREAMBLE of Ismaili constitution, and one of them is:

(B) In accordance with Shia doctrine, tradition, and interpretation of history, the Holy Prophet (S.A.S.) designated and appointed his cousin and son-in-law Hazrat Mawlana Ali Amiru-l-Mu'minin (Alayhi-s-salam), to be the first Imam to continue the Ta'wil and Ta'lim of Allah's final message and to guide the murids, and proclaimed that the Imamat should continue by heredity through Hazrat Mawlana Ali (A.S.) and his daughter Hazrat Bibi Fatimat-az-Zahra,
Khatun-i-Jannat Alayha-s-salam).