313 Momins?

Discussion on doctrinal issues
nargisk3

313 Momins?

Post by nargisk3 »

Hi. I heard in a recent Farman by SMS that unless if there are 330 (i think) Momins, the world will perish? Can someone please check that out for me- I may have misunderstood it because the Farman was in gujrati. If that is what the Imam said, I wanted to know why can't there be more or less Momins than 330?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Not 330 but 313
The world can not exist if atleast there are not 313 momins. There can be more momins but not less than that.
nargisk3

Post by nargisk3 »

why is the number 313 so significant? like, why not 312, or 311....?
kandani

Post by kandani »

Number 313 is important because...

at the Battle of Badr, 313 Muslims defeated 1000 Meccans

out of 124,000 Prophets (Nabi), there have been 313 Messengers (Rasul)

Twelver Shias believe that Imam Mahdi will have an army of 313 companions.
nargisk3

Post by nargisk3 »

What's the difference between a Rasul and a Nabi?
kandani

Post by kandani »

A Nabi/Prophet who is a preacher with a divine mission. He receives a revelation from God that concerns either him, or a small issue or group.

A Rasul/Messenger is all of the above, except that he is given a specific Message as a Scripture, which he must reveal to his entire community.

Then there is a Natiq, all of the above, but he proclaims a complete religious law (Shariah) which is valid for about 1000 years more or less. During this period, all the other Prophets and Messengers base their mission on his teachings. There have been 6 Natiqs in this age:
Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad.

It is said that the last Imam of a cycle is the 7th Natiq, because he superceddes and reveals the inner meanings of all previous revelations, but declares no new shariah.
nargisk3

Post by nargisk3 »

Hi Kandani =) Thanks for clarifying that- one part I didn't get was when you wrote "last Imam of a cycle is the 7th Natiq"...what exactly is the Imamat cycle?
kandani

Post by kandani »

Well,

During the Cycle of Prophethood, the Speaking Prophets lay down a Shariah. They must establish the positive, or exoteric religion.

In the Cycle of Imamat, the Shariah has been laid down. In this cycle, the Most Pure Imams must interpret the Shariah for the believers. The Imam also establishes a spiritual order where souls are initiated into a esoteric path or tariqa. Each soul receives talim from the Imam according to their own capacity. Those who want Shariah, they will remain on Shariah. However, for those who wish to go beyond the Shariah, the Imam leads them through.

It is said at the end of the age, there will come an Imam who will consumate all previous revelations. He will reveal the true meaning or the haqiqat behind all previous Revelations. This event may take place on an individual level of a person, the community level of all Ismailies (like it did in 1164 at Alamut), or even at a global level, when the Imam manifests himself to the world. In this sense, Imam is called the 7th Natiq, because the final consumation of the age is the work of an Imam, a Silent One, but he will proclaim the spiritual truths, so he is called a Natiq.
kandani

Post by kandani »

Regaring actual cycles..it is said that..

a small cycle is about 7 Imams
a larger cycle is about 1000 years
a bigger cycle is 7000 years
an even bigger cycle is 49,000 years
the whole of Kaliyug is said to be 432,000 years
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

I understand that Nabi and Rasool is same thing and there were 313 Nabi/Rasool. The Office is known as Nabuwat (Nabuwah) or Risalat.
Then Prophet And messanger is the same thing and there were 124000 Prophet/Messenger. In Urdu and Gujrati, we call as Paigamber (the word originate from Paigam means message).
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

Kandani, you mentioned the incident of 1164 at Aalmot. Do you mean the proclaimation of Qayam-ul-Qayamat made by Imam Hasan Alazikariya Salam?
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

Regarding bigger cycle of 7000 years, I woulk like to explain something.

One day of Religion is equivelent to 1000 years of world. Therefore one week of religion is 7000 years. Out of this seven day, only one day is called Yaum-e-Deen (Day of religion)and that is Rauze Shamba means Saturday. ( Why Saturday because Sunday is the first day of week and Saturday is the last one). And on that day i,e the last day, Imam manifests himself. The remaining six days are called Lailatul Deen ( Night of Religion). Just like night becomes veil for the sun of the day, the Shariah of Prophet becomes veil against the menifestation of Imam. Just like moon takes the light from the sun and send it to the world, Hujjat/ Prophet takes the message from revealed Imam and send it to the people.
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

Actually there is an esoteric meaning of 313 momin. and I do not want to mention here publicly as I understand that there are few non-Ismailis who see this site. I will quote one Farman Of S.M.S and we should think of its inner meaning and that is also about 313 momin. " 313 Haqiqati ek dil thai ane saanp jevi aql raakhi kabooter jeva garib thai tiyare zahhorat thashaiy."means when 313 haqiqati become one-hearted, have an intellect like snake and be humble like pigeon, He menifests (Zahhorat).
Last edited by alinizar313 on Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kandani

Post by kandani »

Acutally,

Nabi is the Arabic word for Prophet. The Hebrew word for Prophet is very similar to Nabi.

Rasul is the Arabic word for Messenger.

124,000 Prophets were sent to the world. 313 were Messengers, also called Envoys.

Rank of Imamat encompasses and is beyond all Prophets/Messengers. That is why Imam can also take on the function of Messengership and deliver a message to a particular community. eg: Hazrat Ismael in Arabia, Shri Ram, Shri Krishna in India.

Angels can also be Messenger, because they deliver Message to a Prophet. A Messenger has to deliver the Divine Message to an entire community, while a Prophet may only have to deliver to his family, or only himself.

What you said about 7000 year week of religion is indeed correct.
However, it does not turn out exactly like dat.

only 600 years pass between Jesus and Muhammad's Shariah.

currently, almost 1400 years have passed from Muhammad's mission.

Qiyamat al-Qubra was declared in 1164, approx 500 years after Muhammad.
nargisk3

Post by nargisk3 »

In my REC class, one of my students vaguely mentioned that during the term of every 7th Imam, something grand happens..I was reminded of this because ya'll mentioned earlier that a small cycle consists of 7 Imams- does this have anything to do with the prior statement?

Alinizar, is there any way you could send me a private message explaining the esoteric meaning of having 313 momins?
lakhanin

Qiyamat al-Qubra

Post by lakhanin »

Hi, Can someone please explain what is Qiyamat al-Qubra. I dont know anything abt it. Infact I am hearing this name for the first time.<BR>Thanks.<BR>
kmaherali

Re: 330 Momins?

Post by kmaherali »

nargisk3 wrote:Hi. I heard in a recent Farman by SMS that unless if there are 330 (i think) Momins, the world will perish? Can someone please check that out for me- I may have misunderstood it because the Farman was in gujrati. If that is what the Imam said, I wanted to know why can't there be more or less Momins than 330?
The exact Firman is: "There are always 313 true believers in this world. The world would not exist without these 313 true momins" (Majewdi, 27/12/1893).

This is a very profound Firman and I have reflected a great deal upon it. It says a lot about the relationship between man and creation and it also alludes to the potential of an elevated soul to influence creation. To me it does not matter how many. What is important is that the universe is sustained by a few elevated souls. In this regard Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah says the following in his memoirs.

"Islam acknowledges the existence of angels, of great souls who have developed themselves to the highest possible planes of the human soul and higher, and who are centres of the forces which are scattered throughout the Universe".
unnalhaq

I have heard that..

Post by unnalhaq »

<P>At o&shy;ne time SMS had sid that give me 11 true momins and I'll rule the world.&nbsp; Back to the forms at hand,&nbsp; it is belived that the 51st Imam will proclaim the spiritual truths.&nbsp; The name/title of the Imam has also been mentioned to be Qayam.</P>
kandani

Post by kandani »

who said that the 51st Imam will proclaim spiritual truths??

what is your source?
aminL

Post by aminL »

The 313 momims balance out the sins of the world. You can not have more then 313 momins. You will have one who is above all of them after him/her you will have the Pir and then you will have the Imam. If the 313 were not in existence then we would all parish becuase of the amount of sins which we commint. It is said that the 313 momins do not know each other and the day that they come to realize who they are and meet with each other is the day when the world will come to realize who Hazar Imam is. It is said that it is still another 110-113 years away.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

aminL wrote: It is said that the 313 momins do not know each other and the day that they come to realize who they are and meet with each other is the day when the world will come to realize who Hazar Imam is. It is said that it is still another 110-113 years away.
This is interesting! Where is it said?
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

aminL wrote:The 313 momims balance out the sins of the world. You can not have more then 313 momins. You will have one who is above all of them after him/her you will have the Pir and then you will have the Imam. If the 313 were not in existence then we would all parish becuase of the amount of sins which we commint. It is said that the 313 momins do not know each other and the day that they come to realize who they are and meet with each other is the day when the world will come to realize who Hazar Imam is. It is said that it is still another 110-113 years away.
What is the authenticity of your statement. If 313 momin balance out the sin of the world then what Imam is doing. What do you mean by 313 momins. If there is always 313 momins then nobody try to become momin as it will imbalance the figure of 313. If 313 momin do not know each other then it is no use to say them "momin". We are Ismaili and are related to the esoteric version of Islam so we should think in a rational way or give the reference of Ginan or Firman to justify our statement.
Please don't take it wrong. It's just advise.
ALWAAZ-HUSSAIN

Post by ALWAAZ-HUSSAIN »

kmaherali wrote:
nargisk3 wrote:Hi. I heard in a recent Farman by SMS that unless if there are 330 (i think) Momins, the world will perish? Can someone please check that out for me- I may have misunderstood it because the Farman was in gujrati. If that is what the Imam said, I wanted to know why can't there be more or less Momins than 330?
The Farman is: "There are always 313 true believers in this world. The world would not exist without these 313 true momins" (Majewdi, 27/12/1893).

Infact,I have the answer of this question that what is meant by "313"MOMINS? actually this are the HUDOODE-E-DIN.
acutally there are not 313 momins but there are 3+1+3=7 momins(HUDOOD-E-DIN) I am not saying this thing on my own but I have its proove from the book of PIR NAASIR KHUSRO known as "WAJ-E-DIN"(FACE OF DIN) and infact this 7 are the warriors of HAZRAT ALI which will fight against the TAAVIL of qurane.and as you know that HMI has promised us that if u'll continue your IBAADAT and BANDAGI then he'll be showing us the NOOR and that movement HMI can show one of these 7 momins................. the seven are

1,Mustajeeb
2,MAZOON-E-MEHDOOD
3,MAZOON-E-MUTALIK
4,DAYI MEHDOOD
5,DAYI MUTALIK
6,HUJAT (PIR)
7,BAAB

and the 8th one it self is IMAM who is saying that WORLD cant run without my this 313 MOMINS. if u want more details u can ask ill tell u in other ways.

:)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ALWAAZ-HUSSAIN wrote:The Farman is: "There are always 313 true believers in this world. The world would not exist without these 313 true momins" (Majewdi, 27/12/1893).

Infact,I have the answer of this question that what is meant by "313"MOMINS? actually this are the HUDOODE-E-DIN.
acutally there are not 313 momins but there are 3+1+3=7 momins(HUDOOD-E-DIN)
YAM Alwaez

While the number seven bears a great deal of significance in our tradition an aspect of which you have alluded to, there is no relationship with the 313 momins that have been quoted by MSMS in his Farman. The Imam is quite clear about 313 momins. If the Imam said the number 313 is significant, then one could perhaps make the kind of interpretation that you have made. But the Imam is quite clear that 313 refers to 313 momins and nothing else.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Some interesting information regarding the number 313...

According to
http://www.fabonline.com/topics/article ... lMahdi.htm
"The Imam will then escape from Medina to Makka. He will be wearing
Prophet Muhammad's (s.a.w.) turban, Prophet Musa's walking stick, Imam
Ali's sword - Thulfiqar, and Prophet Sulaiman's (a.s.) ring until his
313 followers will be gathered there for him. But do we know who
these 313 helper will be. Imam Ali (a.s.) said that when the 'Qa'em
of the Family line of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) will emerge, Allah is
going to gather together the inhabitants of the East and West. His
companions will be from Kufa and the brave ones who would assist him
would be from Syria."

According to this Ithnashari site
http://www.iranian.com/Arts/1999/October/Time/
"According to Shi'ite Islam, the 12th descendant of Prophet Mohammad
went into hiding when he was a child, some 1,300 years ago. Shi'ites
believe he will reappear when the world has become full of corruption
and tyranny. He will choose 313 disciples and lead an insurrection
which will replace tyranny with the most just government ever. They
refer to him as Imam Zaman - Lord of All Ages."

According to
http://www.sol.com.au/kor/13_02.htm
"Imam Ja'far recounting a vision he had about the coming of Mahdi says
that at one moment, "9000 angels descend from the sky and then 313
more angels (the first), those who accompanied Noah in the Ark, and
Abraham when he was thrown into the fire, and Moses when the seas of
the ocean were parted for him, and with Jesus when he was lifted up by
God to be with Him".

The number of Companions of Qa'im–Mahdi (ashab al –Qa'im), "the men of
sincerity" (ahl al–ikhlas), "the sincere devotees" (al–khullas) is, as
the number of fighters of Badr, 313. Each one of these 313 companions
carries a sword on which is written "a thousand words, each one giving
access to a thousand more." At the moment of the Advent, these 313 men
will be dispersed in different parts of the world.

Says the Koran: "Surpass yourselves in doing good works, wherever you
may be God will gather you all together." (Q.II, alBagara/148)

The fifth Imam says: good works (al–kayrat). This is the faithful love
towards the Imam (al–walaya), "where ever you may be God will gather
you all together," describes the Companions of Qa'im, the 313 who will
gather together within one hour just as the clouds rush together in
Autumn. (al–Kulayni, al–Rawda, II/45)"

According to
http://www.ummah.net/khoei/imam.htm
"Hazrat Isa (Jesus), Hazrat Khizr, Hazrat Ilias, and Hazrat Idris
(a.s) will give allegiance to the Imam when he re-appears. Also
Jibrael will announce 313 companions of the Imam. These 313 companions
will be people of eminent piety, great knowledge and absolutely
steadfast in their determination and faith towards the Imam. Another
1000 people will be in the army of the Imam. These people will fight
battles and kill enemies like Dajal, who will appear from India. Dajal
will have the musical tunes with him. Then the Imam will lead the
prayers, Hazrat Isa (a.s) will be behind him."

According to
http://www.almuntazar.com/view.php?arti ... ab68a9e1d4
"When the reappearance of Imam (a.t.f.s.) will be decreed, he will
emerge and initiate the process of reformation of the world. Imam
(a.t.f.s.) along with his band of 313 loyalists, who will form the
core group of his army, will accept the allegiance from the people
between Maqame Ibrahim and Rukne Yamani in the precincts of Masjidul
Haraam. The first words that Imam (a.t.f.s.) will utter will be the
86th verse of Surah Hud. Imam Baqir (a.s.) says:

`When our Qaim will reappear, he will recline against the wall of Holy
Kaaba. Among his followers, 313 men will assemble around him. The
first words that he will speak will be the holy verse, 'What remains
with Allah is better for you if you are believers…' Then he will say,
I am the 'Remnant of Allah' (Baqiyatullah) and His Caliph and His
Hujjat. At that moment everyone will address Imam (a.t.f.s.) thus -
Peace be on you O Remnant of Allah in His Earth.'"

According to
http://primes.utm.edu/curios/page.php?short=313

313 was One of Donald Duck's auto license plate numbers in the comics.
[Haga]

313 (base 10) = 100111001 (base 2). The only 3-digit palindromic prime
with this property. Note that 100111001 (base 10) is a prime as well!
[Larsen]

The largest known prime that divides a Unitary Perfect number.

The Russian cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev spent exactly 313 days in space
aboard the Mir Space Station.

The smallest multi-digit palindromic prime of the form n x phi(n) + 1,
where phi(n) is the Euler function. [Russo]

Islam's first battle (The Battle of Badr) against the pagans of Mecca
was fought by 313 Muslims, and won. [Daniyal]

Frenicle challenged Wallis to solve x2 - 313y2 = 1. [Beiler]

Elizabeth Haich's book Initiation analyzes the significance of 313 in
ancient Egyptology.

313 = 122 + 132. [De Geest]

If 313 people are chosen at random, then the probability that at least
five of them will share the same birthday is greater than fifty percent.

Wood's History of Alameda County, California, published in the decade
around the first U.S. centennial, includes 313 men and not one woman!
[Haga]

The smallest Weakly prime in base 5. [Duisenberg & Dionne]

313 x 285672 + 1 is prime. [Melo & Gallot]

In Shi'ism, it is believed that "Imam Mehdi" (the ultimate savior of
the believers) will appear when there are 313 true and sincere Shia
followers in the world. [Daniyal]

313 is the smallest number to appear exactly 3 times in itself
factorial (313!). [ten Voorde]

10313 + 313 is prime. [Broadhurst]

The Mayan ruin Coba near Tulum in the Yucatan peninsula contains a
pyramid that is surrounded by 313 large stones with hieroglyphs. [Haid]

In the movie Somewhere In Time, Christopher Reeve checks into Room 313
of the Grand Hotel. [Haga]

The only 3-digit palindromic prime which is not the sum of consecutive
composite numbers. [Russo]

(2^3+1)/3, (2^31+1)/3, (2^13+1)/3, and (2^313+1)/3 are prime. [Aggarwal]

The smallest Happy number which is a multi-digit palindromic prime.
[Gupta]

1/313 produces a string of decimals that repeats itself after 312 (one
less than itself) decimals. Only 5 of the 3-digit palindromic primes
have this ability. [Vatshelle]

313, 313 - 2, 313 - 2*3, 313 - 2*3*5 & 313 - 2*3*5*7 are all prime
numbers. [Rivera]

The smallest multi-digit palindromic prime that is both a left and
right-truncatable prime. [Patterson]

The paper "Light and number: Ordering principles in the world of an
autistic child" by Park, D. and Youderian, P., begins on page 313 in
the Journal of Autism and Childhood Schizophrenia (1974). Note that
the Parks' child 'Ella' was fascinated by the 'order' of numbers,
especially primes.

313 was the year when Constantine enacted the Edict of Milan, making
Christianity the official religion of Rome. The Roman Empire was
officially 'Christianized' in 313, making it the Holy Roman Empire.
[Pitts]

A Menorah, one of antiquity's most significant religious symbols, is
composed of 3 smaller candles on either side of 1 central candle,
i.e., a 3-1-3 arrangement. [Pitts]

There are 313 exclamation marks in the King James Version of the
Bible! [Bennet]

313 is the 13th Centered Square Number. Note that 313 left-truncates
to 13, which is also a prime. [Post]

313 "inverted" is also a prime, 131. [Blackham]

The smallest positive integer solution to 313(x3 + y3) = z3 contains
numbers that are titanic.
nagib

Post by nagib »

313 was One of Donald Duck's auto license plate numbers in the comics.
[Haga]

This is more interesting than it looks.

In one meeting where Hazar Imam was thought to discuss the use of Audio/Visual for imparting religious education to the next generation of Ismaili kids in the late 1970s', I think, he said "Use Donald Duck" ;-)

Nagib
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The notion of 313 elevated souls seems to be common among all the esoteric traditions of Islam.

Here is what Sheikh Sidi al-Jamal responded to his murid to the following question?

"Sidi, are the seventeen Beloveds of Jesus, may peace be upon him, the same as the companions of the Holy Prophet, may peace be upon him?"

No, my beloved. Every prophet had a station. Moses, may peace be upon him, had more than 17 beloveds, and Ibrahim had more than Moses. He had more than 70 beloveds who carried the knowing, the unity and the truth. The Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon him, had 313.Yes. And if anyone leaves this dunya, from that time, another comes in that place."

"Sidi, is this the government of the family of God?"

"Yes, surely!"

Source: Conversations in the Zawiyah. available at www.sufimaster.org

Post by 777 »

Yam,

313 has alot of meanings... the 1 in the middle represents your soul, three both sides are ilm and ibadat..two things you need for the salvation of your soul.
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

kmaherali wrote:
The exact Firman is: "There are always 313 true believers in this world. The world would not exist without these 313 true momins" (Majewdi, 27/12/1893).
Ya Ali Madad and Salam

Thanks for sharing knowledge Kmaherali brother.
The Imam(as) said that there are always 313 momins in this world and are enlighten!!!!...... So, are they from the member of Ismailism esoteric Muslim tradition or Sufi Mystic ?

unnalhaq wrote:<P>At o&shy;ne time SMS had sid that give me 11 true momins and I'll rule the world.&nbsp; Back to the forms at hand,&nbsp; it is belived that the 51st Imam will proclaim the spiritual truths.&nbsp; The name/title of the Imam has also been mentioned to be Qayam.</P>
I heard from one al-waize in Jamat Khana in a private conversation, he said during the time of Mowlana Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah (pbuh) He said "If I have THREE Hassan-i Sabbah, I could rule the WHOLE world."
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

777 wrote:Yam,

313 has alot of meanings... the 1 in the middle represents your soul, three both sides are ilm and ibadat..two things you need for the salvation of your soul.
Wasn't there an battle where there were 313 on the side of the prophet? Battle of Badr?

Shams