Zanzibar to become the Next New York?

Ismaili monuments, places to visit etc..
kara_69

Zanzibar to become the Next New York?

Post by kara_69 »

Can somebody find me the Farman of when it was said Zanzibar will be the next New York? Please, I need to see that Farman.
Thanks.

Re: Zanzibar to become the Next New York?

Post by Guest »

kara_69 wrote:Can somebody find me the Farman of when it was said Zanzibar will be the next New York? Please, I need to see that Farman.
Thanks.

This is a very old Farman i remember when i was a kid. And that Nairobi will be like Uk. It will be very hard to get this Farman. I dont know who can really help you with this. Maybe the Council Office but then u will have to read it there as they will not let u have a copy of it.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

I know there are many other farmans of the 48th Imam comparing (African and Asian) cities to that of West (UK and US).
I am not sure if that some day when that happens would be equate to present day western cities or of that of the time of that Farman. For example if the farman was in 1940s comparing Karachi to London then would it be London of 1940s? And in what aspects it would be? I am not sure.
_thaillestlunatic_

Post by _thaillestlunatic_ »

Wanted to share a few thoughts on this matter...
the above entries are correct and Imam SMS did say this
but what is more surprising is what MHI is currently doing in the development of Africa for the future generations. of all Ismailies and Non Ismailies. I would like to quote a short liner MHI said at the speech of the Aga Khan Academy planned for Dar es Salaam, in which MHI said
"One hundred years from now, I believe that our successors will look back at the founding of the Aga Khan Academies as an important milestone in the development of Tanzania and East Africa"

With this above quote I believe in the future the institutions will be able to serve with standards of those in the western world. And, inshallah these Academies will be a "important milestone"