Converting to Ismaili

Past or Present customs and their evolution
Mehek_Ali

Converting to Ismaili

Post by Mehek_Ali »

Ya Ali Madad,

My fiance is a Sunni Muslim and wants to convert to being an Ismaili. We would be residing in India. Could anyone help me to understand the time duration required for the conversion process and what procedures would be undertaken?

Thanks,
Mahek.
AlwaizaRashida

Post by AlwaizaRashida »

YAM Mehek
It will take at least 6 months,u r requested to approach Tariqah Board for india or mukhi saheb of your JK.Some training n documentations r required
Regards
rashida
rihana1

Beautiful Sayings

Post by rihana1 »

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 7:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
Allah's Apostle said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):
1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.
2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.
3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .
4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)
5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

Note from Admin:

These are the 5 Pillars. Ismailis follow 7 pillars and have their own esoteric interpretation whcih differs from the interpretation of the exoteric branches of Islam. There is already a discussion on the 7 pillars of Ismailism somewhere else in the Forum (just do a search)
sameermali80

Re: Converting to Ismaili

Post by sameermali80 »

Ya Ali Madad

My fiancee is a Hindu. she is a divorced and have a ten year old boy. she wants to convert to being an Ismaili. our religion can allow it to become ismaili and the boy will also be allowed to become ismailili ? If they can get permission to become ismaili. anyone help me to understand the time duration required for the conversion process and what procedures would be undertaken?

Thanks
Admin

Post by Admin »

Both mother and son will become Ismaili Inshallah. The process takes some time though. Contact the Ismaili ITREB office in your city, they will help you. You may find their phone in the yellow pages maybe try under Aga Khan Council....
NoorObeid

Druze from Lebanon

Post by NoorObeid »

Hello All,
So happy to meet you.
I am a Druze from Lebanon. Am I considered Ismaili?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Druzes are Ismailis as they have a common belief with us in Imam Ismail.

Today we have the Imam Shah Karim al Husseini, Aga Khan IV which we follow as 49th Imam from the descendant of Hazrat Ali and as the same Light [Noor] as Mowlana Hakim bi Amr Allah.

We Nizari Ismaili, believe that Druzes are our brothers, they never followed a wrong Imam but they stopped at Mowlana Hakim while the Imamat [Noor] of Mowlana Hakim never stopped and continues today in Mowlana Shah Karim, the present Imam.
tereishqnachaya

Re: Druze from Lebanon

Post by tereishqnachaya »

NoorObeid wrote:Hello All,
So happy to meet you.
I am a Druze from Lebanon. Am I considered Ismaili?
The Druze descended from the Ismaili sect, but are certainly not Nizari Ismaili since you do not follow Aga Khan IV.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There are Nizari Ismailis
Mustalian Ismailis
Druze Ismailis.

They all have a comon belief in Imam Ismail, the son of Imam Jafar Sadiq from the progeny of Hazrat Ali and Bibi Fatima al-Zahra.