Esoteric Meaning of Sukreet

Discussion on doctrinal issues
karimqazi

Esoteric Meaning of Sukreet

Post by karimqazi »

What is the esoteric meaning of sukreet? and also Why do we recieve sukreet AFTER abeshafa? Why not BEFORE?
Because Pir has said in his ginan "saace sukreet layne chaljo nai tho pad so lak chorasi ma"

Thanks
Karim Qazi
kmaherali

Re: Esoteric Meaning of Sukreet

Post by kmaherali »

karimqazi wrote:What is the esoteric meaning of sukreet? and also Why do we recieve sukreet AFTER abeshafa? Why not BEFORE?
Because Pir has said in his ginan "saace sukreet layne chaljo nai tho pad so lak chorasi ma"

Thanks
Karim Qazi
There is a section on the significance of Sukreet in the Interpretation of Ghat Paat Ceremony in the Rites and Ceremonies Section. I think it will become clear why sukreet is taken first.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Sukreet is sanskrit word meaning good deeds.
karimqazi

Post by karimqazi »

Ya Ali Madad To All

I understand the meaning of sukreet. However, my question was reguarding the INNER or SPIRTUAL meaning of sukreet. I wasnt to know what it might symbolize and what "saache sukreet" is in the ESOTERIC sense. I just wanted to clear that up....

THANKS
Karim Qazi
alinizar313

Sukreet After Abe-Shifa

Post by alinizar313 »

As far as Esoteric meaning of Sukreet is concerned, it is better to read "Interpretation of Ghatpaat ceremony" in this forum.

Now the question why it serves after Abe-Shifa is really interesting.
When we take Niyaj, we say 'FARMAN" and we get answer 'YA Ali Ya Mohammed'. It signifies that first we should have a complete faith in Farman which itself is Noor of Ali And Mohammed. The farman related to this is " Din ki behtri ke liyai hum aapko aik baat farmataiy hain jismaiy sub koochh aajata hai. Jan, mal aur aulad se bhi ziyada mohammed aur mohammed kaiy warison per apna iman rakhna. Mohammed aur Mohamme kaiy warison per apna Iman rakho gaiy tau tumaiy dooniya maiy koi der nahin rahega. Is ek farman mai Ibadat bandagi aur mazhab ki sub khoobiyan aajati hai' ( Imam S.M.S). So first we should have complete devotion to Mowla Bapa and then He bestow us His attributes in the form of Sukreet comprises of Five qualities i,e Kheer or Milk( Ibadat-food for soul). Khand or Sugar( true Word or Truth), Girath or Ghee ( Iman). Amarat or water and Abe-shafa ( True Knowledge) And Bhojan or Wheat flour ( Patience Or Khamiya). Just like Flour is the main ingredient in making Sukreet Similarly Khamiya is the leader in Spritual journey

Satgur Kaheraiy Paanch tantav ma sardar chhaiy,
Bhai Khamiya tainoo naam
Jay khamiya rakhshaiy daihi ma
taine sahoo ootho keraiy salam
kmaherali

Re: Sukreet After Abe-Shifa

Post by kmaherali »

alinizar313 wrote:As far as Esoteric meaning of Sukreet is concerned, it is better to read "Interpretation of Ghatpaat ceremony" in this forum.

Now the question why it serves after Abe-Shifa is really interesting.
When we take Niyaj, we say 'FARMAN" and we get answer 'YA Ali Ya Mohammed'. It signifies that first we should have a complete faith in Farman which itself is Noor of Ali And Mohammed. The farman related to this is " Din ki behtri ke liyai hum aapko aik baat farmataiy hain jismaiy sub koochh aajata hai. Jan, mal aur aulad se bhi ziyada mohammed aur mohammed kaiy warison per apna iman rakhna. Mohammed aur Mohamme kaiy warison per apna Iman rakho gaiy tau tumaiy dooniya maiy koi der nahin rahega. Is ek farman mai Ibadat bandagi aur mazhab ki sub khoobiyan aajati hai' ( Imam S.M.S). So first we should have complete devotion to Mowla Bapa and then He bestow us His attributes in the form of Sukreet comprises of Five qualities i,e Kheer or Milk( Ibadat-food for soul). Khand or Sugar( true Word or Truth), Girath or Ghee ( Iman). Amarat or water and Abe-shafa ( True Knowledge) And Bhojan or Wheat flour ( Patience Or Khamiya). Just like Flour is the main ingredient in making Sukreet Similarly Khamiya is the leader in Spritual journey

Satgur Kaheraiy Paanch tantav ma sardar chhaiy,
Bhai Khamiya tainoo naam
Jay khamiya rakhshaiy daihi ma
taine sahoo ootho keraiy salam
This is a very interesting insight! The following are translations of the Firman and the Saloko verses on patience.

"LOVE HAZAR IMAM"
"You will have no fear in this world if you love the descendants of Muhammad and Ali. This one hint includes all the beauties of prayers and religion."
-IMAM MOWLANA SULTAN MUHAMMD SHAH

satgur kahere: adal karshe moro saahee-aa
tyaa khameeyaanaa fall-j jaann
je khameeyaa raakhe deheemaa(n)
tene tyaa thaashe salaam re....................160
The True Guide says: My Lord will exercise justice. Over there, there will be all the fruits of patience. Whoever keeps patience in his/her body will be greeted there with salutations of peace.

satgur kahere: paa(n)ch tatva maa(n) sardaar chhe
bhaai tenu kshamaiyaa naam
je kshmaa raakhe dehee maa
tene tyaa sau ootthee kare salaam re...........161
The True Guide says: Among the five essentials(virtues) it is the leader. Brother, it's name is forgiveness. Whoever keeps forgiveness in his/her body, will be saluted by everyone there while standing .

satgur kahere: satpa(n)thee tenu naam kahee-e
jenne pa(n)jbhu maaryaa kaall
khameaa naa khaddag radeh samaannaa
bhaai tene kahee-e utam mee(n)t re.............171
The True Guide says: We call a person the follower of the True Path, who has slayed the five vices to death. The person who carrys the sword of patience in his/her heart, will be called the exalted friend.
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

Very true. If you have Khamiya, it's a big asset. You can govern on all. It comes only by surrendering one'e ego before Mowla. And that is the true defination of Ishq-e- Haqiqi. " Potanaiy kaain nahi lekhvoo gharoon mushqil chhaiy" ( K.I.M 1)
shamsu

Sukreet

Post by shamsu »

Sukreet in a granth called Girbhavli by Pir Sadardeen it is mentioned

"Sat shabd odharang sukreet param dhyanang jeev gatiyu odharang"

the part about sukreet mentions that sukreet is param dhyan

Param means origin

you may have heard "Paramatma" meaning the original atma meaning the creator.

Param dhyan is to have an un interrupted dhyan (concentration) on the origin and that is what sukreet means according to this granth of Pir.

Another Venti called moti venti mentions the following

"sukreetae shabdae odkho.."

"through sukreet and the word recognize.."

This in light of the previous granth would mean Param dhyan on isme aazam leads to recognition..

The bottom line=nothing but param dhyan on isme aazam is sukreet.

another ginan mentions

"ajampiya jaap vina kuda kaam"

meaning, without a continuous remembrance in every breath, all acts are bad deeds

Implying that the only good deed is the continuous remembrance of he who is above all else.

Shams
kmaherali

Re: Sukreet

Post by kmaherali »

shamsu wrote:The bottom line=nothing but param dhyan on isme aazam is sukreet.

another ginan mentions

"ajampiya jaap vina kuda kaam"

meaning, without a continuous remembrance in every breath, all acts are bad deeds

Implying that the only good deed is the continuous remembrance of he who is above all else.

Shams
It depends from what standpoint you are looking at it. In our Tariqah there are four levels: Shariati, Tariqati, Haqiqati and Marifati. An issue assumes a different meaning or understanding depending upon ones inner growth. From the Marifati point of view, you are right because at that level there is only unbroken peace and awareness (gnosis) which I would interprete as Param Dhyan. In this state, Sukreet is the only possible mode of being. From the Shariati point of view we need to take consideration of the degree of duality. In that sense we need to be more specific about what is implied by good deeds (Su - kreet). That's the reason the Peers mention the four virtues viz, Sat (truth), Saburi(patience), Zikr(rememberance), Iman(Faith) as opposed to five vices viz, lust, anger, greed, pride and attraction to illusion.
shamsu

6 stations

Post by shamsu »

Just for the record Imam SMS in a private mandali mehmani had mentioned

1. SHARIAT

2. TARIQAT

3. HAQIQAT

4. MARIFAT

5. KHUDA

6. KHUDA NO BHED

Personally If we are Ismailies in the true sense of the word we are already in Haqiqat achieving Marifat every second of every day. Anyway thats just my personal thought.

Ya Aly Madad

Shams
alinizar313

Sukreet Vs paramdhiyan

Post by alinizar313 »

Shamsu and Karim, you both are right. Now I will try to clearify the situation.
First we take Sukreet means Good deeds. There are some firman of S.M.S in K.I.M 1,
" Aamaal ni bajamarin te ruh ni mulaqat chhaiy"
"Aamaal Pak rakhwathi mooqti malaiy chhaiy"
" jena Aamaal saara nethi teni Ibadat shho kaamni chhaiy"
" Raat na Ibadat keraiy ane diwus ma bud-amaal keraiy, a tau shaitan ni ibadat thaie"
"Namrood raat na Khuda ni Ibadat kerto heto ane diwus ma potanaiy Khuda kehvravto heto".
"Haqiqati momin evo khayal keraiy chhaiy kaiy maara aamal sara rehaiy tau saroo ane menaiy shaitan baaji na apaiy te saaroo"
First we should keep an eye of our Amaal and keep on improving it. In the meantime, contemplate on Paramdhiyan through our BOl (Ibadat bandagi). The ibadat serves two purpose. One it helps in making your Amaal pak and secondly it eventually progress or concentrate better in ibadat.
"Dil ka mehl kaise javaiy, dil ka mehl zikeroo javiy".
Actual Sukreet is Paramdhiyan that is why PIr differnciates between sukreet and Saachi sukreet. Because we sometimes just keep our attention on Aamal and forget our ultimate target which is only acheive through Paramdhiyan. And also it does not mean that we just do Paramdhiyan and do not keep attention on our deeds.
kmaherali

Re: 6 stations

Post by kmaherali »

shamsu wrote: Personally If we are Ismailies in the true sense of the word we are already in Haqiqat achieving Marifat every second of every day. Anyway thats just my personal thought.

Ya Aly Madad

Shams
That is a very BIG if. Unfortunately that is not the reality of the world we live in. By simply doing Bayat of Imam does not automatically make us Haqiqati. We have to work for it and that is where all the stages come into play.

The other issue is that even if one attains SAACHI SUKREET (Param dhyan), it still has to find expression in concrete actions as long as one has to live in the material world. The difference being that the actions will be enlightened. In other words when one attains Param Dhyan, his actions will automatically reflect the SU KREET from the Shariati point of view i.e. Zikr, Iman, Sat, Khamiya. These virtues will manifest effortlessly and spontaneously.
kmaherali

Rumi on Patience

Post by kmaherali »

Taken from Mathnavi 6: 1405 -1410.

When your body falls ill it makes you seek medicine; and if it grows strong it makes you an outrageous devil.

Know that this iniquitous(sinful) body is like a coat of mail: it serves neither for winter nor summer i.e, it is like a useless garment.

(Yet) the body is good (for you) because of the patience (which you must show in overcoming its desires), for the exercise of patience expands the heart (with spiritual peace).

The patience shown by the moon to the (dark) night keeps it illumined; the patience shown by the rose to the thorn keeps it fragrant.

The patience shown by all the prophets to the unbelievers made them the elect of God and the lords of the planetary conjunction, i.e. mighty and victorious spiritual emperors.
kmaherali

Hafiz and Unconditional Charity

Post by kmaherali »

The notion of majesty, beauty, peace and power that are associated with unconditional acts of charity which include kindness, patience and forgiveness as expressed by Rumi in the previous post are also conveyed in the most evocative manner in the following short poem by Hafiz which is my favourite.

THE SUN NEVER SAYS

Even
After
All this time
The sun never says to the earth,

"You owe
me."

Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the
Whole
Sky.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

I Trust You

The soul is a newly skinned hide, bloody
and gross. Work on it with manual discipline,
and the bitter tanning acid of grief.

You’ll become lovely and very strong.
If you can’t do this work yourself, don’t worry.
You don’t have to make a decision, one way or another.

The Friend, who knows a lot more than you do,
will bring difficulties and grief and sickness,
as medicine, as happiness, as the moment
when you’re beaten, when you hear Checkmate,

and can finally say with Hallaj’s voice,
I trust you to kill me.

- Rumi

From The Book of Love

Translated by Coleman Barks

http://rumi-poem.blogspot.ca/2013/02/i-trust-you.html
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

Sukreet is Sau Kiriya as explained by Pir Sadardin.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote:Sukreet is Sau Kiriya as explained by Pir Sadardin.
The link to So Kiriya: http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/31065
moiz.ashiqali@yahoo.com

Post by moiz.ashiqali@yahoo.com »

Just like Flour is the main ingredient in making Sukreet Similarly Khamiya is the leader in Spritual journey
but where to apply patience...
In worldly matters or in search for the vision...??
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

moiz.ashiqali@yahoo.com wrote:
Just like Flour is the main ingredient in making Sukreet Similarly Khamiya is the leader in Spritual journey
but where to apply patience...
In worldly matters or in search for the vision...??
BOTH.

DHERO DHERO RE BHAI MOMINO
DHEREY TE SUB KUCHH HOYA
MALI SO SEEN(N)CHEY SAU GANA
BHAI RUTT BINA PHAL NA HOYA
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: DHEREY TE SUB KUCHH HOYA
MALI SO SEEN(N)CHEY SAU GANA
BHAI RUTT BINA PHAL NA HOYA
A good example!

Bhamar Ghufaa Upar Dekhantaa - Translation A

ejee dheero dheero re bhaaee momano, ane dheere te sab kuchh hoy;
maalee re see(n)che chogannaa bhaaee,
ru(n)t beenaa phal na hoy....................................2

Be patient, be patient, brother believer, for through patience everything is possible. The gardner may water the plants abundantly, o brother, but no fruit grows except in season.

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/22833
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Patience and Humility

"A great river is not made turbid by a stone. A religious man who takes to heart an injury is as yet, but shallow water. If any misfortune befalls you, bear with it, that by forgiving others you may yourself obtain pardon. O my brother! seeing that we are at last to return to earth, let us humble ourselves in ashes before we are changed into dust."

Hazarat Bibi Fatima (a.s.)
shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

kmaherali wrote:Patience and Humility

"A great river is not made turbid by a stone. A religious man who takes to heart an injury is as yet, but shallow water. If any misfortune befalls you, bear with it, that by forgiving others you may yourself obtain pardon. O my brother! seeing that we are at last to return to earth, let us humble ourselves in ashes before we are changed into dust."

Hazarat Bibi Fatima (a.s.)
Can you mention from which book you took this above quote.
What this quote has to do with sukreet?
Can you clarify this sentence," ...let us humble ourselves in ASHES before we are changed to dust".
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: Can you mention from which book you took this above quote.
Can you clarify this sentence," ...let us humble ourselves in ASHES before we are changed to dust".
I got this quote from Ilm Magazine published by ITREB of UK. I don't have it with me right now and hence cannot give you the date.

If you read the whole thread you will know what is has to do with sukreet!

In my opinion to be humbled into ashes who be to be burnt/purified in the fire of trials and tribulations.
shivaathervedi_3

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote: Can you mention from which book you took this above quote.
I got this quote from Ilm Magazine published by ITREB of UK. I don't have it with me right now and hence cannot give you the date.

If you read the whole thread you will know what is has to do with sukreet!

In my opinion to be humbled into ashes who be to be burnt/purified in the fire of trials and tribulations.
SUKRITI is a combination of of SU meaning GOOD and KRITI meaning ACT in Sanskrit. Sukreet/Sukrit/Sukriti generally means 'Beautiful Creation' or 'Wise' or 'Good Deed' or 'Good Conduct' or 'Benevolence'.
Good Deeds or conduct is not confined only to humbleness or Patience but Sukreet/Sukrit covers all ethical values of mankind. In my opinion SU KIRYA Ginan by Pir Sadardin is the best example of Sukreet.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali wrote:I got this quote from Ilm Magazine published by ITREB of UK. I don't have it with me right now and hence cannot give you the date.
Ilm July 1986, Vol 10, No. 2
shivaathervedi_3

kmaherali wrote:
kmaherali wrote:I got this quote from Ilm Magazine published by ITREB of UK. I don't have it with me right now and hence cannot give you the date.
Ilm July 1986, Vol 10, No. 2
Thanks for information. I have few old ILM booklets, shall find that article.