UK Didar dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
xaf

Post by xaf »

[/quote]I do not reside in the UK and MHI will be coming to Canada insha allah. MHI goes everywhere, it does not mean that all the murids should travel wherever he goes. That would lead to chaos and unnecessary inconvenience.[/quote]

"Eji kholi bhandaar maro mowla rajo bethaa. Laavo to mul kari jiye ji"

The Golden Jubilee Darbars are a gift, a precious gift, that our Beloved Mowla has made available to us, His beloved spiritual children. Those who realise how valuable this gift is will not let it slip through their fingers. This is also, simultaneously, a chance for volunteers to perform real seva. Jamats preparing for the darbars and for the onslaught of murids from all over the world should take the necessary work required to make arrangements as a chance for performing seva, and not as an inconvenience. This seva will be rewarded a million-fold by Mowla. Just take the pain and ask all those people who worked tirelessly to prepare for 75,000 people gathering in the open air in Dar es Salaam for Mowlana Sultan Mohamed Shah's Diamond Jubilee. Imagine what those workers must have gone through, especially since the world was not as advanced as it is today and ammenities were meagre. But they did it happily with love and devotion and no complaint. Today, the families of those sevadhaaris have progressed both spiritually and materially and are amongst the wealthiest in the world. So I appeal to all remaining jamats - grab this chance, make all arrangements happily and without complaint, look after all guest murids and you will see where you will climb within a few years' time.
Also to all murids worldwide, please sacrifice and try to attend as many darbars as you can. Life has no guarantees and you may not be alive by the time our Beloved Mowla reaches your country for His jubilee.
Mr. Kmaherali, take heed, do not make the mistake of thinking you are immortal and go for the darbars with happiness, love and devotion, and seize these golden opportunities. But even more important, if you yourself cannot go, do not discourage others from going. In this way Mowla will be very happy with you. Even if you cannot make it to the darbars, He will bless you.
So let us not hear any more negative comments from yourself or any other murid. There is no room for jealousy on such an occasion. If murids are making it to the darbars, be happy for them and in this way you yourselves will be blessed. If you show jealousy, this will not affect anyone else but yourselves and you will just pull yourselves behind.

Said with all due respect.

Luv Xaf.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

xaf wrote:
Also to all murids worldwide, please sacrifice and try to attend as many darbars as you can. Life has no guarantees and you may not be alive by the time our Beloved Mowla reaches your country for His jubilee.
Mr. Kmaherali, take heed, do not make the mistake of thinking you are immortal and go for the darbars with happiness, love and devotion, and seize these golden opportunities. But even more important, if you yourself cannot go, do not discourage others from going. In this way Mowla will be very happy with you. Even if you cannot make it to the darbars, He will bless you.
[/quote]

While I will not discourage anyone with adequate reasources to attend as many Darbars as possible, there have been cases where murids have travelled without adequate arrangements and inspite of having already attended one Darbar and caused problems with the hosts. There have also been announcements by the LIF to travel with all arrangements having been made.

The other aspect we should keep in mind is that there are murids in dire poverty around the world and MHI talks about them in his Farmans and perhaps we should be thinking about ways to help them as well.

MHI also talks about being careful and prudent with your resources....
teqcherry

important questions for Important_Information

Post by teqcherry »

Hello Important_Information:

It is such a pleasure reading your informative threads. Can you please kindly provide us with some more information:

#1) If the didar is on the afternoon of the 5th, possibly after 2 pm, what time will the hall be opening?
#2) If the hall is opening early morning, should we bring our own breakfast and drinks?
#3) Should we also carry our own lunches and drinks?
#4) Can you please talk a bit about the programs planned at Excel Hall from the 2nd to the 8th.
#5) What time will dua be held at Excel Hall from the 2nd to the 8th
#6) Is there transportation available from the South Kensington Jamat khane to Excel Hall. If so, is there a cost and how much?
Important_Information

Re: important questions for Important_Information

Post by Important_Information »

teqcherry wrote:Hello Important_Information:

It is such a pleasure reading your informative threads. Can you please kindly provide us with some more information:

#1) If the didar is on the afternoon of the 5th, possibly after 2 pm, what time will the hall be opening?
#2) If the hall is opening early morning, should we bring our own breakfast and drinks?
#3) Should we also carry our own lunches and drinks?
#4) Can you please talk a bit about the programs planned at Excel Hall from the 2nd to the 8th.
#5) What time will dua be held at Excel Hall from the 2nd to the 8th
#6) Is there transportation available from the South Kensington Jamat khane to Excel Hall. If so, is there a cost and how much?
Dear All, inc. teqcherry

On Darbar day, the Door of ExCel Hall will open at 8am. and it is requested that Jamat must be seated by 2pm.

On Darbar day hot drinks will be served in early morning and lunch box form noon till 1pm. Dinner will start 1 hour after dua ceremonies.
Each and every Ismaili member will get Gatpat bottle next day.(not one per family)

Allocated seats are arranged for visual-impaired members of Jamat.

A private transportation is arranged for those members of the Jamat with disabilities or who have special medical requirements (on Darbar day only)

A separate seating arrangement is made in the separate side-hall for non-Ismaili family members as they will not allowed to attend Darbar.

As part of the Darbar celebrations, a variety of programmes including dandia raas, dinner, exhibitions, Expressions shows, ITREB presentations, mehndi etc will take place at ExCeL from 2nd July - 6th July.

Jamat khana ceremonies will also be held at ExCeL from 2nd till 6th july only, timing of dua will be announced soon.

The transportation will be available from Darkhana and also from various other JKs every day to ExCel for a little cost of money (non-profit).

A part from Darbar day, only dinner will be served every day with flat-drinks, no fizzy drinks will be served in ExCel for security and safety purposes.

An information desk will be is setup at London Darkhana until 1nd July and you are advised to approach them when you arrive.

Thanks
Please post if anyone got any more Qs that can help the Jamat to attend GJ Darbar.

Kind regards
Kasim Ali
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

Dear all,

The full program of the Phadramni is now available on the UK Darbar website (see links below). Detailed program for each day, prayer time, travel information, hotels, special needs, etc are all available.

Here are the links for the main sections of the website. Please note that when you click on any link, a summary information will appear but there will be a menu on the left which will include the full details of each section:

Program: http://www.goldenjubileeuk.org/programme
Travel information: http://www.goldenjubileeuk.org/travel
Venue facilities: http://www.goldenjubileeuk.org/venue
Special Needs: http://www.goldenjubileeuk.org/specialneeds
Registration: https://www.goldenjubileeuk.org/index.php?cooktest=1

Thank you.
JackJack

Post by JackJack »

Whatever happened to rebel_khojo...

I am traveling to the UK and need a sim card!
JackJack

Post by JackJack »

Xaf!

Very well said and I couldn't agree with you more!
teqcherry

Important_Information and No_Problem

Post by teqcherry »

Thank you so much for all the wonderful information!

I have one more question for you....

Is South Kensington Khane open for parodie on all these days?
Important_Information

Programme details and timings from 2nd July to 6th July

Programme details and timings from 2nd July to 6th July

2nd July

12 noon – 3 pm
Seniors Celebratory Lunch
Social Hall

2 pm
Doors Open for Jamat

2 pm – 10 pm
Baby & Toddler Facilities
Children’s area

2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
Children’s Activities
Children’s area

3.15 pm - 5 pm
Mubarak & Shukrana Presentation
Jamatkhana

3.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Taarif Darbar Expressions
Theatre

4 pm – 6 pm
Refreshments
Social Hall

4 pm – 10.30 pm
Memorabilia & Darbar Bookstore
Social Hall

6.30 pm
Prayer Time
Jamatkhana

7.30 pm – 9.30 pm
Dinner
Social Hall

8 pm – 11 pm
Kidz Klub
Children’s area

9 pm – 11 pm
Mehndi
Social Hall

9 pm - 11 pm
Theatre

9 pm – 11 pm
Dandia Raas with Khayal
Social Hall

11.30 pm
Doors Close

3rd July

2 pm
Doors Open

2 pm – 10 pm
Social Hall

2 pm – 10.30 pm
Souvenir Photo Booth
Platinum Suite

2 pm – 11 pm
Social Hall

2 pm – 11 pm
IIS Exhibition: Treasures of Knowledge & Narratives in Time
Platinum Suite

2 pm – 11 pm
Golden Jubilee Visual Arts Exhibition
Platinum Suite

2 pm – 11 pm
Mehndi
Social Hall

2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
Children’s Activities
Children’s area

2.45 pm - 3.30 pm
In Anticipation of Darbar Presentation
Platinum Suite

2.45 pm - 3.45 pm
Ilham: Inspiration Youth Workshop
North Gallery

3 pm – 6 pm
Refreshments
Social Hall

3 pm - 5 pm
Mubarak wa Shukranna Presentation in Farsi
Platinum Suite

3.15 pm - 5 pm
Jamatkhana

3.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Theatre

4 pm - 5 pm
Platinum Suite

4 pm - 6 pm
IIS Book Launch - The Ismailis: An Illustrated History
Platinum Suite

4.15 pm - 5.15 pm
North Gallery

6 pm – 8 pm
Hospitality for Non-Ismailis
Platinum Suite

6.30 pm
Prayer Time
Jamatkhana

7.30 pm – 10 pm
Dinner
Social Hall

8 pm – 11 pm
Kidz Klub
Children’s area

9 pm - 11 pm
Theatre

9 pm – 10.30 pm
Ginans & Geets: Mehfil-e Intezar
Social Hall

11.30 pm
Doors Close

4th July

2 pm
Doors Open

2 pm – 9 pm
Children’s area

2 pm – 9 pm
Souvenir Photo Booth
Platinum Suite

2 pm – 9.30 pm
Social Hall

2 pm – 9.30 pm
Platinum Suite

2 pm – 9.30 pm
Platinum Suite

2 pm – 9.30 pm
Mehndi
Social Hall

2.30 pm – 4 pm
Children’s Activities
Children’s area

2.45 pm - 3.30 pm
Platinum Suite

2.45 pm - 3.45 pm
North Gallery

3 pm - 5 pm
Mubarak wa Shukranna Presentation in Farsi
Platinum Suite

3 pm – 6 pm
Refreshments
Social Hall

3.15 pm - 5 pm
Jamatkhana

3.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Theatre

4 pm - 5 pm
Platinum Suite

4 pm - 5 pm
Children’s Assembly
Social Hall

4.15 pm - 5.15 pm
North Gallery

6 pm – 8 pm
Platinum Suite

6.30 pm
Prayer Time
Jamatkhana

7.30 pm – 10 pm
Dinner
Social Hall

8 pm – 9.30 pm
Kidz Klub
Children’s area

10 pm
Doors Close

5th July
THE DARBAR DAY
-------------------------

6th July

5 pm
Doors Open

5 pm – 9 pm

5 pm – 9 pm

5 pm – 9.30 pm
Platinum Suite

5 pm – 9.30 pm
Platinum Suite

6.30 pm – 7.30 pm
Platinum Suite

6.30 pm
Prayer Time
Jamatkhana

7 pm – 9.30 pm
Dinner
Social Hall

8 pm – 9.30 pm
Souvenir Photo Booth
Darbar Hall

10 pm
Doors Close
kayjay

Post by kayjay »

YAM! please could someone give me some information as My cousin and aunt are going to London for didar>
They are staying at the
Holiday Inn Kenzington forum,
97 cromwell road
London SW7 4DN

1)which would be the closest Jamat Khana?the address and approximate distace in terms of time?
2)they have registered themselves on the net,where would they collect their passes from?
3)How far is Excel London from their hotel? distance and time.
4)what would be the best mode of transport from the hotel to the darbar venue?have the jamati leaders made any transport arrangments for for vistors to thevenue and jamat khana?

will really appriciate if someone can reply at the earliest.
Jani

Post by Jani »

Teqcherry - padodia khana will be at the Centre as usual.

Kayjay,

Hilton Cromwell Road is only a few minutes from Gloucester Road tube station and Ismaili Centre is one stop from there. If your aunt and cousin can walk it then it is a straight 10-12 walk in a very nice part of London.
See the website for details about passes but there will be desks at Excel for pass collection as well.
Excel is about 40 minutes on the tube (2 changes) from Gloucester Road but on Padhramni Day there are engineering works on the quickest route so you will need to allow an hour. Coaches are being organised for the UK jamats - I don't know if overseas visitors can avail themselves of this facility although somebody could book (and pay) for them now
jeeshanali

Post by jeeshanali »

The Holiday Inn Kensington London is a superb family hotel with over 100 family rooms accommodating children up to 18 years free when sharing with 2 adults. The hotel is located in the heart of Kensington - close to Hyde Park. Gloucester Road underground is a minute`s walk providing easy access to the West End and Knightsbridge. The hotel`s private landscaped garden provides a surprisingly tranquil atmosphere in the middle of London.

Getting there: CLOSEST TUBE STATION : Gloucester Road (Piccadilly, District and Circle lines)
BY TUBE : take the Piccadilly, District or Circle Line to Gloucester Road tube station. Exit the station on the Cromwell Road and turn left (west). The Hotel is a minute?s walk on the northern side of the road.
BY ROAD : exit the M25 at Junction 15, taking M4 to London. The M4 becomes the A4 which in turn becomes the Cromwell Road. After the Earls Court Road Junction watch out for the hotel on the left hand side. If you reach the junction with Gloucester Road you have gone too far.

I think its very near to excel london

“International”
Members of the International Jamat are requested to register online. You will need to bring your printed confirmation form to collect your entry cards. Cards may be collected at the Registration Desk from 28th June.

Locations & Opening Times

Registration desks will be open from 28th June - 1st July at West London Jamatkhana from 6.00pm - 10.30pm.

From 2nd July Registration desks will be open at ExCeL from 2.00pm - 10.00pm.”

I can provide u only this information as i am from india.

Take care

Have a safe journey

Mubarki to ur family

Regards/rahim
AllamaSaheb

Post by AllamaSaheb »

Some of the points I agreed with hedgehog78.
Does the Tariqa Board need to create very hard Tasbihs in Katchi language?
Does Almighty Allah and Imam do 'qabul' only hard Tasbihs?
One just go and see at small Jamats in Europe and you will notice no young generation (even adults) understand what is all about. First of all Mukhi/kamadias has difficulties to find person who want to read or recite this Tasbihs since it is Katchi written in English words.Why can't they make simple tasbihs in english and Gujaratis or urdu. What is the use when no one understand. Please have your views on this subjects.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is no such thing as Tasbih in Katchi. If you make three column on how many words used in the Tasbih are in Arabic, in Katchi, in Farsi, you will be not only be surprised but also you will become a more informed person.

And I would appreciate that in this thread which says Padramnis, Mulaquats and Didar, we do stick to the subject and discuss other subjects in more appropriate sections of the Forum. Thanks.
Admin
dhananif

seating arrangement

Post by dhananif »

yam<BR><BR>does anyone know if there will be a section where relatives of uk jamat from abroad will be able to sit&nbsp;next to their family form the uk?<BR><BR>in kenya there was something called k2 for immediate family of kenyan reidents who lived amy mum is coming from kenya and i just wondering if she will be able to sit with us?<BR><BR>any news about the time for didar?
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

I just got the news that my nephew will be singing ginan infront of Hazar Imam!!!!

Shams
pups786

Didar in Portugal

Post by pups786 »

KasimBhai<BR><BR>Do you or does anyone&nbsp;know or have an idea when Didar is in Portugal?<BR><BR>
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ShamsB wrote:I just got the news that my nephew will be singing ginan infront of Hazar Imam!!!!

Shams
Mubarak to you. How old is he?
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

kmaherali wrote:
ShamsB wrote:I just got the news that my nephew will be singing ginan infront of Hazar Imam!!!!

Shams
Mubarak to you. How old is he?
he's 12 :D

very excited...
teqcherry

padodia khana will be at the Centre as usual

Post by teqcherry »

Thanks, Jani....
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ShamsB wrote: he's 12 :D

very excited...
That will make the Imam very happy indeed. It will send him the message that the tradition is not only surviving with the old but very much alive in the youth and will insha allah flourish into the future...
kayjay

Post by kayjay »

Shams
Wow!! Congratulations to you and your family.
I would love to hear from you about your nephews feelings after this once in a life time experiance (though I pray to mowla that he gives your nephew,many more such experiances)
kayjay

Post by kayjay »

Jani wrote:Teqcherry - padodia khana will be at the Centre as usual.

Kayjay,

Hilton Cromwell Road is only a few minutes from Gloucester Road tube station and Ismaili Centre is one stop from there. If your aunt and cousin can walk it then it is a straight 10-12 walk in a very nice part of London.
See the website for details about passes but there will be desks at Excel for pass collection as well.
Excel is about 40 minutes on the tube (2 changes) from Gloucester Road but on Padhramni Day there are engineering works on the quickest route so you will need to allow an hour. Coaches are being organised for the UK jamats - I don't know if overseas visitors can avail themselves of this facility although somebody could book (and pay) for them now
thanks jani,this will help big time.
also can you tell me what would be the best mode of transport to excel.....besides tube.
Jani

Post by Jani »

Kayjay,

Besides tubes, the only other alternative (assuming coaches organised by the jamat are not available to international) is taxi as buses would involve a few changes and take forever! Black cabs are expensive but licensed min-cabs cost around £30 each way from the hotel - some may quote less others more; your cousin can ask at the JK and someone might have the phone number of a reasonably priced service. But please bear in mind that the return journey may require phone calls to the taxi company - on Darbar day cell phones will not be allowed inside the Hall so it would be wise not to bring one along.

Shamsb,

Is your nephew's name Zain?
Important_Information

Portugal Padramni from 10th July to 14 July

Mubaraki to the world Jamat.
MHI is visiting Portugal from 10th July to 14 July and there will be Imamat-Day Grand Darbar during this visit.

The confirmation announcement will in JK’s soon.

Please remember that any information about GJ Padramni must be confirmed by Council, until then; please do not make any travelling arrangement.

I believe world Jamat must be aware of Padramni dates of MHI.

YAM
Kasim

Important_Information

MHI is visiting Portugal from 10th July to 14th July is confirmed.

Dear all YAM,
(Reader with negative thoughts) You can start your criticism if you like as you did with me about UK Padramni
Or
Appreciate my work by thinking positively.

Remember that for India and Bangladesh GJ Padramni, I post 9 days prior to Jamati announcement. And for UK GJ Padramni I post 17 days prior to Jamati announcement and both dates were correct.
I only post when I receive positive confirmation.

I am not in any Jamati Committee and neither under any oath, my intention is to give correct information to international jamat about Padramni dates; well before the announcement so Jamat can prepare them self much earlier.

If any one like to know unconfirmed dates about forthcoming GJ Padramni at different parts of world; you can ask me at: ihere@hotmail.co.uk

Kind regards
Kasim Ali
AlyMadad

Post by AlyMadad »

Important_Information wrote:MHI is visiting Portugal from 10th July to 14th July is confirmed.

Dear all YAM,
(Reader with negative thoughts) You can start your criticism if you like as you did with me about UK Padramni
Or
Appreciate my work by thinking positively.

Kind regards
Kasim Ali
Dear Kasim,
I always appreciate and positive about your time and hard work that you help/inform this way all Jamat. and You should not take any neg. comments from a few part jamat that bcz they are always negative for good work and no work.
My best exprience is from your hard work is . The moment i got the UK news from this forum (I'm from CANADA) I reserved hotel rooms for my family 3 miles away from ExCel 3 nights for 210 pounds and now 18 miles away if you are lucky you will get for 550-600+ pounds it is not matter of money that we thing when we go to a DARBAR but if Jamat gets help from advance why not .
Many Thanks once again.
Important_Information

Dear AlyMadad,

Many thanks for your nice words that make my eyes full of tears of happiness thinking that Jamat is happy & appreciating and getting benefit by my very little post.
Many thanks for making my day.
Kasim Ali
dhananif

Post by dhananif »

thanks for all the info this forum provides- it has helped many of us book flights, hotels etc for the<BR>gj darbar.
ALTAFLALANI

Post by ALTAFLALANI »

does anyone know any tour info from London to Portugal.