Portugal Darbar Registration

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
mun

Portugal Darbar Registration

Post by mun »

Is it cheating?<BR><BR>The jamat arriving for the Lisbon Darbar after the o&shy;nline registration<BR>deadling of 4th July 2008.<BR><BR>Where I had to book my flight and hotel and had to send an email<BR>to the Darbar registration to receive my registration number from them.<BR><BR><BR>What was this all about?&nbsp; Can someone explain this to me?<BR><BR>I feel this is called cheating.&nbsp;&nbsp;People&nbsp;were allowed to register and attend the Darbar well after the o&shy;nline registation.<BR><BR>How many people listened to Mowlabapas firman&nbsp;in Uk about<BR>cheating each other?<BR><BR>However,&nbsp;I would like to thank all involved in making this Darbar a<BR>very memorable experience&nbsp;for me.<BR><BR>Please remember to Smile always.<BR><BR>&nbsp;
ShamsB

Re: Portugal Darbar Registration

Post by ShamsB »

mun wrote:Is it cheating?<BR><BR>The jamat arriving for the Lisbon Darbar after the o&shy;nline registration<BR>deadling of 4th July 2008.<BR><BR>Where I had to book my flight and hotel and had to send an email<BR>to the Darbar registration to receive my registration number from them.<BR><BR><BR>What was this all about?&nbsp; Can someone explain this to me?<BR><BR>I feel this is called cheating.&nbsp;&nbsp;People&nbsp;were allowed to register and attend the Darbar well after the o&shy;nline registation.<BR><BR>How many people listened to Mowlabapas firman&nbsp;in Uk about<BR>cheating each other?<BR><BR>However,&nbsp;I would like to thank all involved in making this Darbar a<BR>very memorable experience&nbsp;for me.<BR><BR>Please remember to Smile always.<BR><BR>&nbsp;
You got to the darbar? they let you in? you received deedar?

Then enjoy it..the Host jamat did a fabulous job in hosting us..we got to eat biryani and samosa and play dandia - no one served us Broccoli ;-)..
Be happy and smile..why turn around and point fingers? be grateful and be happy.
What will someone explaining why what happened 2 weeks ago change anything for you?..
We were guests in their darbar.
and i volunteering in the transport group found that the the hotel registrations were used to track the number of ismailies in each hotel so transportation and bus routes could be arranged and we used the listings to make sure that everyone got to the Darbar Hall - not only that..if you weren't able to find a hotel and didn't send in the information..they contacted you to make sure you had a place to stay - if that satisfies your curiosity.

Shams
mun

Post by mun »

Thanks ShamsB for your reply.<BR><BR>I am not pointing any fingers at anybody but would like to know how the registration process works.&nbsp; The Portugal registration clearly<BR>said that you have to register and send in the flight and hotel info before the 4th July 2008 or the registration will be void.<BR><BR>All I want to know and understand is that the jamat who registered after the o&shy;nline deadline are they cheating the terms and condtions of the registration process to get to the Darbar?<BR><BR>Is this the right way to register for the Darbar or for any other Darbars<BR>in the future or is it called cheating?<BR><BR><BR>
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

mun wrote:Thanks ShamsB for your reply.<BR><BR>I am not pointing any fingers at anybody but would like to know how the registration process works.&nbsp; The Portugal registration clearly<BR>said that you have to register and send in the flight and hotel info before the 4th July 2008 or the registration will be void.<BR><BR>All I want to know and understand is that the jamat who registered after the o&shy;nline deadline are they cheating the terms and condtions of the registration process to get to the Darbar?<BR><BR>Is this the right way to register for the Darbar or for any other Darbars<BR>in the future or is it called cheating?<BR><BR><BR>
why do we even care? just go and do darbar... to date has any site refused any ismaili the opportunity for darbar? not that i know of....
and if anyone is cheating the system - let them be to their own devices..who are we to judge?...life is too short..spend your energies trying to help other ismailies instead of worrying about technicalities...and trying to change things that are totally out of our control....

Shams
mun

Post by mun »

Well ShamsB I do care.&nbsp; I feel that the Darbar is a spiritual journey for all Ismailis.<BR><BR>And if the jamat is doing something wrong then its a wake up call for them.&nbsp; Every good and bad deed will be judged accordingly hereafter.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

mun wrote:Well ShamsB I do care.&nbsp; I feel that the Darbar is a spiritual journey for all Ismailis.<BR><BR>And if the jamat is doing something wrong then its a wake up call for them.&nbsp; Every good and bad deed will be judged accordingly hereafter.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
and who are we to judge?.....

They will not rerun portugal darbar just because of a slight that you felt.

You just said that darbar is a spiritual journey..then why be bothered by the physical events?....

Forgive & Forget and move on.
as Hazar Imam says..rejoice..play dandia raas..eat brocoli oops biryani and samosa and smile....

Islam isn't a faith of hatred or of pain...why worry...

Shams
AlyMadad

Post by AlyMadad »

mun wrote:Thanks ShamsB for your reply.<BR><BR>I am not pointing any fingers at anybody but would like to know how the registration process works.&nbsp; The Portugal registration clearly<BR>said that you have to register and send in the flight and hotel info before the 4th July 2008 or the registration will be void.<BR><BR>All I want to know and understand is that the jamat who registered after the o&shy;nline deadline are they cheating the terms and condtions of the registration process to get to the Darbar?<BR><BR>Is this the right way to register for the Darbar or for any other Darbars<BR>in the future or is it called cheating?<BR><BR><BR>

DEAR mun,
No one can cheats in the Imam's service if We do we will pay a big price for that and that price it is not afordable in our entire life time anyway!
Regarding registration , I maded my registration just the day after UK Darbar on 6th of July in London from my Hotel and I got right away my registration file number back in my Email with ( Confirmation on hold).
When I arrived on July 12th 2008 in Lisbon we well recieved with a biscuit and a bottle of water from the Darbar desk in the Arrivel section of the Airport and they offers as Hotel or transportation incase if we didn't book hotel Ect.
Then once we arrived in our hotel about 8-10 KM far from Darbar hall even that evey half in hour with that 10 KMs area for All hotels there were Buses available for Jamats and by taxi only 5-6 Euros.

Now registration , when I went in the evening ( night before Darbar) to get my card from the registration desk they told me that my card is not ready because your registration is on hold,
and i ask them why is that,
They told me that we will confirm it right now and you can get it after 2.00 O'clock in the morning and the reason was a lots of International Jamats were registered on line in UK Darbar and Due to thier diffuculties they didn't show up (But the Registration committee were printed all cards and once cards and registration confirmed and printed then the logistic parts should be prepared for Juros foods drinks and all others necessaries that is why in Portugal Darbar were will prepared for those extra expences witch is not needed.
In my opinion that is not cheat that is well serve to our Imamt's Institutions. and we should contribute with our effort and times to undrestand all our tireless voulanteers that worked days and nights Bravoooo to all of them .
mun

Post by mun »

Ya Ali Madad,<BR><BR>Thank you Alymadad for your time&nbsp;and for your email.<BR><BR>I have had the most wonderful&nbsp;50th Golden Jubilee Year&nbsp;and no words<BR>can describe the experience I have had.<BR><BR>To celebrate Golden Jubilee Darbar and Imamat Day in Lisbon in the same&nbsp;week was a wish come true for me.&nbsp; I do not have the words to<BR>thank the Portugal Jamat and volunteers the wonder&nbsp;experience I have had there.&nbsp; The registration was a little different from the others but I feel that Portugal registration was the fairest system as I understand it coz they requested flight and hotel details before the deadline of the registration.&nbsp; I have followed the rules of the registation and I have a clean heart, but I still feel that jamat going to the Darbars after the deadline causes more work for all the volunteers and for the host Jamat.&nbsp; This is the reason I still feel that the jamat arriving for Darbars<BR>after the deadline are doing wrong and its for me to point it out to them.<BR>Cheating or no cheating it is up to Mowlabapa to forgive the jamat.<BR><BR>I am o&shy;nly putting into words what I feel is wrong from my end and<BR>maybe trying to find anwers at the same time.<BR><BR>Thanks again Alymadad and ShamsbB and I would like to say sorry<BR>in advance if&nbsp;I have knowingly hurt anybody for the words I have chosen to find my answers.<BR><BR>Smile Smile Always!!<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>