Importance Of Tasbee

Past or Present customs and their evolution
amin4622

Importance Of Tasbee

Post by amin4622 »

During morning Jamat Khana, I was praying and using my tasbee and after Du'a was said an Ismaili uncle came up to me and told me, in a nice manner, that when I was using my tasbee, I was unintentionally disturbing others when the beads clashed together. He also told me that in morning Jamat Khana, we should not use our tasbee because our mind well only concentrate on counting the beads and he also mentioned that there was a farmaan in regards to using tasbee in morning Jamat Khana.

My question to all my Ismaili brothers and sisters is, do we not use our tasbee during morning Jamat Khana as the Ismaili uncle told me?

I am sorry if I posted this question in the wrong topic section, I am new to the forum section on Ismaili FIELD and I felt that this was the most appropriate area to post my question.

Thank You for your responses...

Ya Ali Madad
ShamsB

Re: Importance Of Tasbee

Post by ShamsB »

amin4622 wrote:During morning Jamat Khana, I was praying and using my tasbee and after Du'a was said an Ismaili uncle came up to me and told me, in a nice manner, that when I was using my tasbee, I was unintentionally disturbing others when the beads clashed together. He also told me that in morning Jamat Khana, we should not use our tasbee because our mind well only concentrate on counting the beads and he also mentioned that there was a farmaan in regards to using tasbee in morning Jamat Khana.

My question to all my Ismaili brothers and sisters is, do we not use our tasbee during morning Jamat Khana as the Ismaili uncle told me?

I am sorry if I posted this question in the wrong topic section, I am new to the forum section on Ismaili FIELD and I felt that this was the most appropriate area to post my question.

Thank You for your responses...

Ya Ali Madad

Ya Ali Madad,

Were you using your tasbih during Bandagi or after Bandagi?
During Bandagi - it is recommended not to use Tasbih.
After Bandagi is over - it is upto to the individual. There is a farman of Mowlana Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah - about taking out 2 tasbihs of Salwat after Morning Dua - so how does one count 101x2 without a tasbih? The only time the Farman about not using the tasbih is applicable is during 4-5 am.

Shams
Admin

Post by Admin »

Tasbih is for zikr, not for Bandgi. You can use your tasbih after the end of the Bandgi.

Of course zikr can be done anytime but since 4-5am is bandgi time, and you are taking time for this spiritual moment, you can keep aside your tasbih and concentrate on the bol if you have one. I you do not have a bol, pirshah is Ok also as it is the Sat Shabd.

Admin