Tears of Joy

Share small ismaili stories
kmaherali

Tears of Joy

Post by kmaherali »

Mowlana Hazir Imam after attending functions etc, in Pakistan in connection with Agakhan Award for Architecture flew to Delhi, India on 27th October from Karachi alone with Begum Saheba to meet Mrs Gandhi the Prime Minister of India. On 28th October, 1980 the Federal Council for India hosted a dinner in Delhi on the occassion of the 11th wedding anniversary of Mowlana Hazir Imam and Begum Saheba. Important government officials and others were invited to the dinner.

Speaking on the occassion Vazir Morani the President of the Federal Council for India congratulated Mowlana Hazir Imam and Begum Saheba and said that it was also the anniversary of Ghadir-e-Khum. On that day the last prophet of Islam, Prophet Mohammad (puh) announced Mowlana Murtaza Ali as his successor after him. Then he publicly said that Mowlana Hazir Imam was the same Noor of Mowlana Ali and the 49th Ismaili Imam in the world. At this moment Wazir Morani was so filled with emotions that tears came out of his eyes and he could not speak and sat down.

After this Mowlana Hazir Imam got up and spoke. He said that he is the luckiest Imam of all the Imams because he has such a vast team of social workers (in the world). He said that today both these occassions and this aspect of Imamat made him very very happy. At this Mowlana Hazir Imam was also full of emotions and tears came out of his eyes and he said that as Morani could not speak on account of emotions he also cannot speak and would like to sit down.

Before this Mowlana Hazir Imam publicly paid tributes to Begum Sahiba and praised her services. At this Begum Saheba's eyes were filled with tears. She got up and bowed before Hazir Imam. There is a photo of this scene. If you so desire, I will be glad to send it to you. There was also a cake cutting ceremony during the dinner. Mowlana Hazir Imam and Begum Sahiba put cake pieces in each other's mouth and kissed each other.

It should have also been mentioned that Delhi is the birth place of Begum Saheba and her birthday is also on 28th(Jan). This article has not been sent to media but only to good friends like you so that Ismailis enjoy and delight in knowing about their beloved Imam-e-Zaman.

(Source: Vazir Morani narrated to J.K. and who told me on 21.11.1980)

With Ya-Ali Madad from

Sherali Alidina
Blessed House, 178, Britto Road,
Garden East, Karachi, Pakistan.
SaminaNurali

Post by SaminaNurali »

CAN U PLEASE EMAIL ME THE SAID PHOTOGRAPH AT samina.tahir@gmail.com

i will be waiting for ur responce. Regards
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SaminaNurali wrote:CAN U PLEASE EMAIL ME THE SAID PHOTOGRAPH AT samina.tahir@gmail.com

i will be waiting for ur responce. Regards
You may write to the author of the article Sherali Alidina at the address provided in the post or better contact Wazir Morani if you can.....