Tipe Tipe Sarowar Bharay

Share small ismaili stories
Admin

Tipe Tipe Sarowar Bharay

Post by Admin »

It was midnight in Karachi . The incident is from the time of Imam Sultan Mohammad shah.
A wild fire broke out in the Sadar Bori bazaar.
There was panic everywhere.
Screaming and cries of fear filled the area.
Bori bazar is the heart of the Sadar.
It is normally booming with youngsters, middle aged and old people, a favourite place for all.
The fire started spreading very rapidly engulfing many shops and trapping many human beings.
The street was really narrow making it hard for people to escape. Many were trapped.
Cries were coming from everywhere calling for help.
One Ismaili bhai had a watch shop in the Bori bazaar may be still there!
He was a Faithful Ismaili with a very disciplined life style.
He used to close his shop in the evening before evening prayers. He used to take #40 bus to go to jamatkhana on Brito road.
After jamatkhana was done he would go home, eat dinner with the family, spend time with his family and go to bed.
He would always read one page firman, or ginan and recite salvat 14 times before sleeping with a humble prayer for every one and with an intention to be able to wake up for parodhiye jamat khana.
He had tremendous faith in the Hazar Imam and never worried about anything.
He lived a satisfied and ethical life, followed the firameens very faithfully.
Some one came to knock his door very vigorously, yelling loudly to wake him up since his shop might be in danger since big fire had erupted in the vicinity.
"Hey bhai, wake up and go to Bori bazaar there is a big fire and shops are burning, go and save your shop if you can"
The Ismaili bhai was cool. He was not disturbed in the least.
He showed no concern or panic.
He said, " oh good brother, thanks but I never lose my sleep over the troubles."
"I have a watch person to guard my shop".
The neighbor said, " All guards have already ran away, seeing the fire"
To this Ismaili man replied, "my guard never runs away he is always there I have faith"
The neighbors were surprised with the man's response and unfathomed faith.
Fairly quickly many people gathered near his house to inform him that his shop, his only source of income might be burnt already or burning.
But this Ismaili bhai was undisturbed,
He remained calm and collected.
He started reciting a ginan:
"Hun tavo, hun trio, hun agni thaine rahu chhu.
Hun maru, hun jivadu, hun bali thari daun chhu."
Means:
I can give the disease and I also give the cure of it. I am the fire, I can burn, I can save, give life or death all is up to me.
"Main karta, main harta ane awarthi kachhu nav hoi
ek til rahemat main chhodu ,to paththar bole sohi."
Meaning:
I am the doer, I am the mover, no one has power over me.
If I send a drop of mercy even the rocks start speaking
The Ismaili bhai showed no desire to go to the fire site and checkout what is happening.
On the contrary he started his ginans and meanings .
He asserted, my Mawla is my guard. He is capable of everything and anything
He has promised me that if I come to jamatkhana and practise my faith as ordained he is bound to guard me and my property, and my family. His noor will fill my life.
"tame amara zikar ma to ame tamari fikar ma"
means:
"you stay in my rememberance , I will do all worrying for you".
The neighbor was getting restless with his talks. He was mocking at his belief and faith
"When did mawla say that? First go and check out before the fire gets your shop and then come and lecture".
But the Ismaili bhai said, "why should I rush?
I have done everything he asked me to do. I have done my duties to the best of my abilities. Now it is his duty to keep his promise and safe guard my property.
Again I might come in the way of fire fighters who must be trying hard to extinguish the fire.
I have faith everything is going to be alright. You all may relax and have some tea.
His wife was also a cool lady very religious and ethical.
She made some tea for everyone.
Now the Ismaili bhai got little more comfortable.
He started a small story to relax all the people who came to give him the news of the fire. Strange!

"This incident is from my childhood, when Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah was only 3 years old and Aga Ali Shah was the Imam of the time.
At that time Karachi was a very beautiful town
The Gandhi garden was the limit of the town on one side and other side were beautiful gardens and open airy spaces. Our Ismaili brothers owned farms in Lalukhat, Tinhati,Brito road etc
On the other side of Sadar at about 4 miles was the Tekari(a hill) where Imam used to reside.
We were kids ,we would go to jamatkhana in the morning with our elders and then walk up to the Tekari(now called Sultan Tekari) .occasionally we would get the deedar.
It was great fun ,5 to 10 youths would be singing
"Subhuja sai beda kare bain"
means "Lord of the morning jk, bail us out"
quran also talks about "rabbal Falak" means lord of the sunrise.
We have been taught this mantra since childhood that go to morning jamatkhana and the lord will clear your difficulties.
The neighbors and friends were listening with great interest.
They were only amazed that on one side the blazing fire was engulfing most of the Bori market and this "ulluu" is making vaez!
One young boy was interested in history ,he wanted to hear more of the history of faith
So the Ismaili bhai continued.
One time Imam Aga ALISHAH stopped us all and asked, '"Are you all coming to jamatkhana regularly?"
"Yes mawla" was the answer.
"Then why are you all still so poor? What work are you doing?"
"Mawla we are poor indeed ,we work in the farms but income is not enough"
"Why is it not enough? Are you paying your dasond?"
Ya mawla we make very little money it is not even sufficient for our family ,how can we pay dasond?
Mawla smiled and said very kindly:
"Look my spiritual children, I do not want to see you all so poor and subordinate all the time. I really want to see you all prosperous and happy. If you go to jamat khana regularly and give what is due to the Imam of the time you will never be poor. I want to see you all prosperous, I am not interested in getting your wealth but it is good for you to do that . benefit is yours not mine"
Imam was serious when he said the above.
We all looked up when mawla said :"you will give and you only will receive it back" has not PEER SAID IN THE GINAN?
"Yes Mawla, everyone agreed.
So my spiritual children, today onwards you will earn your income ethically, give your dasond to mukhisaheb and ask for forgiveness and Inshaallah you will have barakat in your lives I will place noor in your properties and children and I will protect them all the time"
Everyone said Aameen and recited Salvat and returned to their homes
Right from that day onwards my father and all other elders have lived ethical lives and attended jamat khana regularly and paid dasond with great love and devotion. They prospered and had good life. They advised us to do the same. We have faith that Mawla WILL BE OUR GUARD, whether there is fire or floods or any calamity we will be safe. Oh it is already 4 am let us all go to jamatkhana.
Everyone came to jamatkhana, prayed in communion .
The Ismaili bhai went home, ate breakfast as a routine and left for work as usual.
To everyone's surprise most of the Bori bazaar was burnt but his shop had minimal damage.
The neighbors started grumbling "apaka dukan kaise Bach gaya ?" means: "how come your shop is not destroyed?"
"Oh bhai Maine yahan bada chokidar bithayan than"
"Oh, brother I had a powerful guard here who was watching my shop"
the Ismaili moment was grateful to Mawla for keeping his promise , his eyes were full of tears in gratitude and love for Mawla. He recited prayer:
Ya Imame Zaman, ya Mawlana ant kuwatii wa anta sanadi wa ayalkatikali YA Hazir Ya mawjud, ya shah Karim Al Husseini! Antal Imamul Hakkul mubin"

His shop survived many more years with prosperity.
Believe in jamat khana attendance, believe in Dasond, live ethically and free yourself! Believe that Hazar Imam will definitely bail you out of any difficulty guaranteed!
So go and celebrate the golden jubilee with love.
Do not worry about any thing! Play DANDIYA RAAS!
Mawla is arriving in Canada for darbar. Let us all be happy, very happy!
He might be coming with some more brocccooolllii jokes!

Source:
Gujarati book
Tipe tipe sarovar bharay
Jafferali Bhalvani
ENGLISH TRANSLATION AND LAST PARAGRAPH ADDITION
Dolly Chandani M.D. Los Angeles California
Oct 26th 2008