Celebrations leading to and after Darbar

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Nishams

Celebrations leading to and after Darbar

Post by Nishams »

Could some one please tell me what the plans are.

I don't live near JK and due to work it is very difficult to go regularly hence would like an update.

Are there any celebrations on Friday Sat and Sunday?

And why did they plan jaman on Thursday. Kind of difficult for those who could not get Friday off.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Call the Darbar Information Hotline 1-877-570-2008
sassy

Post by sassy »

There is Jaman On Thurday @ Direct Energy Centre( DEC)

There is also Jaman and Dandia On BOTH DAYS( SAT& SUN after DARBAR
arifsali2000

Re: Celebrations leading to and after Darbar

Post by arifsali2000 »

Nishams wrote:Could some one please tell me what the plans are.
You should check the One Jamat, One Heart Calendar, which is pretty good and has all the details.
http://goldenjubileecanada.org/english/21d.aspx
Karim_Mawani

Post by Karim_Mawani »

Just a suggestion:

If we ourselves can answer some of the questions that people have here, it would relieve the stress level on the pople who are manning the Darbar Hotline. Its good that we are pointing them to the proper source for information but if we can answer their questions in addition to pointing out the phone numbers and the website, it would help everyone.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Karim_Mawani wrote:Just a suggestion:
Its good that we are pointing them to the proper source for information but if we can answer their questions in addition to pointing out the phone numbers and the website, it would help everyone.
Sometimes it is better that people are informed through 'official' channels first hand rather than getting second hand information which can sometimes be fraught with inaccuracies and personal interpretations. Misinformation can lead to unnecessary inconviniences and frustrations.
Nishams

Post by Nishams »

kmaherali wrote:
Karim_Mawani wrote:Just a suggestion:
Its good that we are pointing them to the proper source for information but if we can answer their questions in addition to pointing out the phone numbers and the website, it would help everyone.
Sometimes it is better that people are informed through 'official' channels first hand rather than getting second hand information which can sometimes be fraught with inaccuracies and personal interpretations. Misinformation can lead to unnecessary inconviniences and frustrations.

If announcements are being made in JK. then how can it be inaccurate? I unfortunately am not able to attend JK as I live in a remote area with the nearest JK being 45mins away and 2: Due to my work schedule am not able to attend JK that distance away. 3 Most of the time I cannot get thru to the Darbar hotline.

Therefore I rely on the information posted on this forum.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Nishams wrote: If announcements are being made in JK. then how can it be inaccurate? I unfortunately am not able to attend JK as I live in a remote area with the nearest JK being 45mins away and 2: Due to my work schedule am not able to attend JK that distance away. 3 Most of the time I cannot get thru to the Darbar hotline.

Therefore I rely on the information posted on this forum.
Announcements by themselves are not inaccurate and it is fine if the entire announcements are posted without any changes in this forum. The problem arises when they are heard and then misinterpreted and posted here.