Farman on Homosexuality?

Current issues, news and ethics
tret

Post by tret »

shiraz.virani wrote:Tret said :
I am glad you'r happily married, and I wish your marriage last a lifetime.

If you are preferring court marriage over our nikah, because of $ cost, I guess you are mistaken the wedding reception with nikah ceremony itself.

Nikah is a khutbah which is recited in JK, and Mukie/Kamdiah sahebs give blessings to the newly weds.

Whereas the wedding reception is held at some banquet halls where the cost is associated. And it directly depends on the newly wed how much they want to spend (at least in our tradition). You could spend a reasonable amount of money, or you could go crazy and spend a whole lot.
Brother tret, I said this in a fun way...Of course there's a difference between nikah and wedding reception but nikah and wedding reception are like husband and wife...Its a situation where one tries to save you some money [nikah = affordable = cheap = Husband] while the other tries to spend it all [reception = Tooo freaking expensive = wife :D]
I see. I like the analogy though :D :D
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

HomeWorld News
Brunei’s law mandating STONING TO DEATH of gays & adulterers to come into force next week
Published time: 28 Mar, 2019 20:01

Brunei’s law mandating STONING TO DEATH of gays & adulterers to come into force next week
Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei Darussalam

A harsher version of penal code, which includes sharia-based punishments for things like adultery and same-sex relations, is to come into force next week in Brunei. The ‘human rights defenders’ in Washington, however, are silent.
Brunei, a tiny Muslim-majority absolute monarchy located in Southeastern Asia is about to put into force the last amendment to its criminal code as part of a reform initiated back in 2014. The renewed code, which is aimed at reflecting Islam’s tenets of morality and punishment for those who break them, will include caning and even stoning to death of Muslims, who are found guilty of adultery, sodomy and rape.

Brunei’s plan to stone gays riles UN
The government wanted to roll in the new laws in stages, but put the process on pause after international public outcry over the milder phase one, which included fines and jail terms for offenders, but not corporal punishment. Last week a rights group reported that Brunei quietly announced earlier this year the date, when the harsher version of the code would come into force: April 3.

“We are trying to get pressure placed on the government of Brunei but realise there is a very short time frame until the laws take effect,” Matthew Woolfe an Australia-based founder of the group, the Brunei Project, told Reuters. “It took us by surprise that the government has now given a date and is rushing through implementation.”

Homosexuality was outlawed in Brunei even before the 2014 reform and in fact since colonial times, with jail sentences of up to 10 years possible. If its government goes ahead with the plan, the nation will become the first in Asia to allow punishing gay people by death. At the moment only a handful of nations like Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Yemen have such provisions in their law.

The news has horrified some international rights groups. Amnesty International, in particular, decried the introduction of “cruel and inhuman penalties” and called on the world to “urgently condemn Brunei’s move to put these cruel penalties into practice.”

However, such a situation would probably surprise no one. The fact that another of Washington’s major allies – Saudi Arabia – also punishes same-sex relations by death – alongside adultery, apostasy and blasphemy – never stopped the US from striking billions-worth of deals with Riyadh.

www.rt.com/news/455006-brunei-gays-sharia-stoning/