Nasser babu / Nassar Babu

Share small ismaili stories
nagib

Nasser babu / Nassar Babu

Post by nagib »

My mother who is 82 years old and has a very good memory told me this story that she has witnessed in her youth when she was about 10 years old.

It is about the Near Death Experience of Nasser Babu, the author of Marifat na Fool - flowers of gnosis [Edited by Bandali Haji I think]

It was around 1936 when nasser babu died for the first time [funny statement isn't it?]

at that time there was no Ismaili mortuary in Dar es Salam and gusal was given at home, the body enrobed in white drap was place in the center of the sitting room and people were reciting ginans and salwats when the body started moving. Some people, afraid, started vacating the room shouting "bouth", "ghost" ghost".

Some stayed and helped Nasser Babu to come out of his tight drapes and told him that it was a miracle that he came out in time from death otherwise they were going to bury him soon!

Nasser Babu said he was indeed dead but negotiated with Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah to come back and he was allowed to do so under condition that his remaining life would be dedicated to teaching people on religion and life after death.

Nasser Babu said Sultan Muhamad Shah gave him exactly 10 years of life and sent him back to this material world.

He started conducting classes that my mother attended. She says it was very interesting because he was talking a lot about life hereafter and she and all her friends were trying to always be present during his lectures.

Now here is the interesting thing:

Few days before the 10 years expired, Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah came to East Africa for his Diamond Jubilee. During the ceremony, he noticed Nasser babu in a wheel-chair. He asked that Nasser Babu be brought at the podium. he said something also in the ears of Nasser babu before leaving.

A couple of days later, exactly 10 years to the minutes after his coming back to life, Nasser Babu died.

:o