The Silent Prince of the World of Islam

Share small ismaili stories
kmaherali

The Silent Prince of the World of Islam

Post by kmaherali »

DUNIYA-I ISLAM KA KHAMUSH SHAH-ZADAH
(The Silent Prince of the World of Islam)
H. H. Prince Karim Agakhan IV
(A Literal Translation)

Preface

On the morning of 13th May, 1983, my eyes saw a sun rising from the peaks of the snow-clad and sky-scraping magnificient mountains of Gilgit, which generated such a power of heat in the body of my soul which had been frozen for years, which led me to the illumined boundaries of faith. These boundaries were not limited...they were unlimited. Perhaps it was the first time that my sight rested on the light descending from the mountains.

The light, together with its witness, was continuing its journey towards the earth. It appeared as though a multitude of lamps rank upon rank, was all around me, in which the truth was manifesting. A truth which is a guide, which has full power and which is a barricade in the paths of darkness(es). That is the one on whose shoulders Divine power places its affectionate hand of luminous and greater purposes. I felt in my self a revolution-like bewilderment. I had entered these valleys with a feeling of hope, with the ambition of fulfilment of desires in empty hands. I have returned and still in my hands the heat and fragrance of the touch of those hands continue, and in the fold (daman) of my shoulders, the roses of the special blessings (dua) of Hazir Imam Hazrat Mawlana Shah Karim al_Huayni, still diffuse the sweet fragrance, which has changed my world.[When the writer was in the presence of Hazir Imam in Gilgit, he had given him special blessings]. I do not find my self as I used to be. I am constantly changing. On the blessed face of Hazir Imam Hazrat Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni I have read the writings which were not earthly. For the first time in my life I heard that tone which in my ordinary life I had not experienced even with my closest relative. Even today that softness and gentleness pours dulcet tunes of light into my ears.

My doubt has found such a path of certainty which will never let me go astray. With the rising of this day a new covenant was born in me that, if I have seen the sun in the valleys of Gilgit with the pure and transparent eyes of my heart, then I must write the story of the rising of it.[Here by the sun is meant Hazir Imam Hazrat Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni]

This rising is the rising of the truths of life, it is the rising of the higher values of humanity, and the rising of the light of faith, and it is this rising which kindles lamps in the paths of ignorance and enables (the travellers) to reach the destination(s). It is well established that the chain of this rising has continued. So long as even a single human being breathes on the earth which spreads over billions of miles, this rising will continue for the sake of guidance. My attempt to write this book should also be read and felt in the light of this rising. [Here by rising is meant the chain of Imamat which will continue until the Day of Judgement]

I had earlier thought that after the completion of this book I would show you pictures of my attempt and feelings related to it, in the preface, whose bright reflection has illumined not only the lanes of the cities of my heart but has also changed my thoughts and my ways entirely.

But now it appears that what I had to say, what I had to write, is accomplished; all those devotions which I had to make I have completed (and) all that light which I received from the blessed vision (ziyarat) of Hazrat Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni I have distributed among you; nothing is left to explain.

Love is definitely unconditional. It is not made, it comes into being of itself. That light which has been sent down to the dark earth for the sake of guidance, will continue and last for ever, and to reject the rain of light which incessantly pours, lets a man to go astray but cannot let him to reach the destination.

The plant of my love for Hazir Imam has also grown gradually, and since it has now begun to bear fruit, I have become sure of my own existence.

I deem it necessary to say one thing clearly. This creation and this writing of mine has been done purely as a result of the intense love for Hazir Imam Hazrat Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni and in order to do so I have benefitted from heaps of books and personal observations. If you are still a victim of uncertainty and vacillation in your belief then the contents of this book can be discussed and proofs can be provided.

Light does not ever remain concealed. After all I am not an Ismaili. I was born in a Sayyid family. My ancestors were of Shiah faith. In religious families, the elders have a special attitude towards the children, which leads them to religion. I too was born in a religious family. But, there was another human being in me, who made me aware of history and religion. Reading became my habit and now I also want to write what I feel.

I have said that I am not an Ismaili. I wish I were an Ismaili. But it is a fact that the light of truth which comes to my house, is due to the existence of HazirImam Hazrat Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni. And it is my faith that as long as the sun will continue to rise, Imammat will also continue, as long as the moon will continue to scatter its coolness, the fragrance of rectitude and guidance will continue to be dispersed for the prosperity and salvation of mankind, as long as the stars glitter on the surface of the heaven, the shadow of Imamat will remain over the heads of human beings, and as long as the earth will continue to provide sustenance, the message of the Imam of the time to mankind will continue to pour its sweetness in the ears, to walk towards good deeds. However, in this, the condition is to hold to that rope which leads us towards God. God, may He be exalted, has favoured us with bounties such as intellect and awareness, and the favours of God, the Lord of majesty, for men will continue for ever.

Hazrat Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga khan III has said: "We are the progeny of the Prophet. Our grandfather is the Commander of the faithful and our grandmother is the lady of paradise, Hazrat Bibi Fatimah. We are the light of both Ali and the Prophet."

If you cannot realise the truth, the reality and the power of this farman of the Imam, then try to do so and pray to God so that he may bless you with the vision of Hazir Imam Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni. If this happens to you, then you will find in yourself such a revolution that your paths will be brighter, your beliefs will be strengthened and you will start to love yourself and you will have the fragrance of goodness in your breath(s).

For God those great personalities whom He chooses to convey His message to His servants and guide them to the straight path also endows with the qualities of leadership. Even if Hazir Imam remains silent Divine Power writes on His blessed face those writings of His message which have full attraction and power to guide human beings to prosperity and salvation.

In the valleys of Gilgit God favoured me with this bounty that I saw Hazir Imam and kissed his blessed hand. Till now the fragrance(s) do not leave my hands and my lips. And this fragrance is the sign of truth, the proof of love and unity and the protector of the paths which go to God. This is my certitude, this is my faith and this is my belief. And it is this which is the raison d'etre of this creation.

That "rain of light" which had started to pour on the deserts, until they become completely green, will continue to pour. It did not take much time to write this book, but definitely its publication took time. It is a story of problems and resources which I do not intend to tell you. It is a matter of my ecstasy.

I have to request you one thing - I will need your opinion about this book. This will be the reward of my love, this will lead to my improvement and this will grow roses in the desert of my courage(s).

Finally, I feel it necessary to say that, in view of the importance of this book, I have, despite my extremely limited means, tried to present it in a better form as far as possible. It will not be possible for you to estimate what a bitter experience it is to publish a book in this age. Nonetheless, I would like to say that I have neither made this book a basis of business, nor have I thought in this superficial manner.

The publication of this book for me is not a business but a worship (ibaadat) and may God make this worship the means of my salvation. For to convey to you each and every word of Hazir Imam Hazrat Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni is my faith and my mission...

The dust under the feet of Hazir Imam

(khak-pa-i Hazir Imam)
Sayyid Asaf-jah Jafari.

P.S. What do you think of this article. Sounds like Nasr Khushraw to me!
_thaillestlunatic_

Post by _thaillestlunatic_ »

Beautiful peice of document