DAM HAME DAM ALI ALI, by Rumi?

Discussion on Devotional lit.
schatoor

DAM HAME DAM ALI ALI, by Rumi?

Post by schatoor »

Hi,

The qasida "dam hame dam Ali Ali" is atributted to Mawlana Rumi. That evidence is there that Rumi actually wrote this? The only place I can find this Qasida is on Ismaili sites. There is just not more information about this Qasida.

Perhaps this will help…

Post by Guest »

Yam,
According to this site http://ismaili.net/mirrors/253_dumhamad ... medum.html
Rumi wrote it, but I would take this site as the last word. For one they call him Mowlana Rumi, when it’s actually Mevlana or Mowlavi. Secondly, and more importantly, Rumi was not ismaili he was sufi. So would we really recite his qasida? My guess it was writen by Pir Nasir Khusraw, like evey other afgan qasida.

oops...

Post by Guest »

I meant to say: but I would not take this site as the last word

Post by Guest »

Obviously no one is perfect [except Imam] and no one [except Imam] has the monopole of wisdom.. Portions of this web site may or may not contain accurate information. Read the Disclaimer on top of the main page...

This site is in heavy construction. Only those who take part in the beta testing are allowed to access it. Of course, material gathered here from various sources does not necessarily represent the views of the Heritage Society, nor of its members. There is a lot of proof-read, edition and additions to be made. We do not pretend it has a good level of accuracy altough we are working on it. Please do not print any material from here
kmaherali

Re: Perhaps this will help…

Post by kmaherali »

Anonymous wrote:Yam,
According to this site http://ismaili.net/mirrors/253_dumhamad ... medum.html
Rumi wrote it, but I would take this site as the last word. For one they call him Mowlana Rumi, when it’s actually Mevlana or Mowlavi. Secondly, and more importantly, Rumi was not ismaili he was sufi. So would we really recite his qasida? My guess it was writen by Pir Nasir Khusraw, like evey other afgan qasida.
"Rumi was not an Ismaili himself, but the murid of an Ismaili"

Sultan Muhammad Shah, First Ismailia Mission Conference, Dar es-Salam 20 July 1945

Although as per the above statement of Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah, Rumi was not an Ismaili, he was strongly influenced by Ismaili thought being a disciple of an Ismaili. Indeed Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah had strongly recommended that his works be read by the Jamat. For more on this you may want to go to Others -> People -> Jelaluddin Rumi in this forum.
karimqazi

Post by karimqazi »

Ya Ali Madad to All:

According to my knowledge, dum huma dum ali ali is written by Shams Tabriz who was the teacher of Rumi.

According to the history, Shams Tabriz was realted to our Imams.
I have a book which is published by the Ismaili tarikah board of Pakistan. In that book dum hama dum ali ali is under is under the Shams Tabriz writings. The book's name is "Kithab ul Munakbath" and is written in urdu, page 64. You can also enjoy this qassidah in a wonderful qawali form by Nusrath Fathe Ali Khan. If you have time I highly reccomend that you listen to it.

May Mowla Bless You All....

Karim Qazi
alinizar313

Dum Dum Ali ALi

Post by alinizar313 »

Very true. It is written by Shams Tabriz, the son of our Imam Alaiddin Mohammed. In that perid, there were three Shams. The one was Pir Shamsuddin Sabzvari who wrote the Ginans, The other one was Shams Tabriz, the spiritual Master of Mowlana Room. And third one is our Imam Shamsuddin Mohammed normally known as Shams.
ShamsB

Mathnavi

Post by ShamsB »

I believe MSMS also said that we should all read the Mathnavi, he said it was the quran in Farsi...
schatoor

Post by schatoor »

Thank you so much for all your replies. Really usefull info!
You can also enjoy this qassidah in a wonderful qawali form by Nusrath Fathe Ali Khan. If you have time I highly reccomend that you listen to it.
I would SOOOOO like to get a hold of that! Do you know how I can?
_thaillestlunatic_

Post by _thaillestlunatic_ »

I might have it in mp3 format

pls pls help me find out dum hume dum ali ali qasida audio

Post by Guest »

Ya ali madad,<BR><BR>can u pls help me find out the sound of qasida dum hume dum ali ali... is it there o&shy;n this site? if it is not than pls if u have o&shy;ne than send. i love this song and i am good at singing so i want to sing at my jk majlis.Hoping to hear from you soon...<BR><BR>Thank you.
karimqazi

Dum Ha Dum Ali Ali

Post by karimqazi »

YAM to All,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have this qasida in quwalli from by Nusrat Fateh Ali in the cassete form. I can make a copy and send it to someone in the USA but it cost postage. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

May Mowla Bless You All
thenoor

Re: Perhaps this will help…

Post by thenoor »

Anonymous wrote:Yam,<BR>According to this site http://ismaili.net/mirrors/253_dumhamad ... ml<BR>Rumi wrote it, but I would take this site as the last word. For o&shy;ne they call him Mowlana Rumi, when it’s actually Mevlana or Mowlavi. Secondly, and more importantly, Rumi was not ismaili he was sufi. So would we really recite his qasida? My guess it was writen by Pir Nasir Khusraw, like evey other afgan qasida.
<BR><BR>YAM, <BR>First of all, Mowlana, is a phrse used by any Tajik or Turkish at that time (time of Rumi)&nbsp;refering to a teacher or a master, and rumi was obviously refered as such. Recitation of Rumi has nothing to do with being ismili or not, cause anything Rumi had written was for the love of GOD,&nbsp;so any Muslim can recite it! <BR>thank you!
ismailisystems

I THINK..

Post by ismailisystems »

i tHINK THAT IT IS WRITTEN BY SHAMS TABREZ BECAUSE IN THE LAST LINE "SHAM-E-GULAM MIKAMBARAT DAM HAME DAM ALI ALI"
iF YOU WANT IN MP3 FORMAT..
http://ismailisystems.multiply.com/music/item/38

THANKYOU...
WITH YAA ALI MADAD...
nidaD

Post by nidaD »

hi!

I am doing an assignment on this qasida and was wondering if someone could tell me if this qasida is available in print form other than in Kitab al manqabat. The reason why I am asking this is that I have reserached this and on many websites this qasida is attributed to Rumi and the Tariqa board's published book states that it is written by Shams Tabriz. Is it in the Divan-e-Shams Tabrizi?
Can some one also share any biographical information available on Mowlana Rumi and Shams Tabriz.

Thanks

Nida
AmeenKhwaja

Re: pls pls help me find out dum hume dum ali ali qasida aud

Post by AmeenKhwaja »

Anonymous wrote:Ya ali madad,<BR><BR>can u pls help me find out the sound of qasida dum hume dum ali ali... is it there o&shy;n this site? if it is not than pls if u have o&shy;ne than send. i love this song and i am good at singing so i want to sing at my jk majlis.Hoping to hear from you soon...<BR><BR>Thank you.

Here you go:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=bqR5yZfG5 ... re=related