Some basic rules to respect - read before posting.

Admin

Some basic rules to respect - read before posting.

Post by Admin »

If you are posting on this forum, we request you to abide by few reasonable rules which are valid for any discussions between reasonable people. Differences of opinion are a fact of life that no one would be able to change. Live with it!

RULE NUMBER ONE: This one IS important - No posting on private mijlas or Bol.

RULE NUMBER TWO: No postings on personal life of the Imam or Noorani family will be tolerated here. Account of the person posting these subjects will be deleted.

RULE NUMBER THREE: We do not want to see here any postings of Farmans. [a one liner quote is acceptable, not more! ]

RULE NUMBER FOUR: Redirection and outside links are not allowed. They will be deleted at the discretion of the Moderator. Redirection to other Forums are specifically not allowed.

GENERAL RULES: Harsh words and insults are not allowed, this is not a fighting place. Please debate as much as you want but politely and with references. No personal attacks!

GENERAL RULES: No criticism or mockery of the Noorani Family or the works of any Pirs or Seyyeds.

GENERAL RULES: If you are a new member, take few days to familiarize yourself with this web site. We can not please everyone all the time so there will be items which you are not comfortable with from time to time. There is no compulsion to write on them, to read them or to reply. People who reply on provocation or insults will also be deleted. We try to keep this site clean of insults. Insults to the Imam or the Noorani family or our Pirs and Dais will not be tolerated nor will be insult to any of the countless volunteers who work on this site.

Do not open threads on subjects that have already been discussed elsewhere nor double post the same message in various threads..

We do not have any section for matrimonial because of the possibilities of fraudsters, we also do not allow business promotion. We do not accept any form of publicity. Lets keep this website clean.

Do not start a discussion with a vague title. Titles that are not representative of the discussion will be deleted. SO please if you want discussion on a specific topic, write the name of the topic such as "ginan - Anand Anand of Pir Sadardin". don't write as title "I don't understand".

Do not write whole messages in CAPITAL LETTERS, this is considered as shouting and will be deleted.

Be courteous and understand that we are all from the same human race, there is no need to prove that anyone has the monopole of wisdom.

Do not assume all on this Forum are Ismailis or wish you well. Do not reply to provocations.

Asking money on this Forum is completely forbidden.

If these rules are not respected, do not be surprised that the posting is deleted and maybe also the account of the user who posted it.

Thanks

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 12 times in total.
positive

The site

Post by positive »

You guys have done an excellent job already with this site... but eversince the modifications...
(1.) whenever I go to "Today in History" I like to look at the attached photos, speeches, etc.. and once I am there and when I close that particular window... the screen takes me right back to the main page

(2.) also whenever I go to 'Timelines' to view other stuff in previous years... and view a speech and when I close that particular speech /article the screen goes right back to the main page ... ... this makes it difficult to continue from where you left ... I end up starting all over again... it's become hard to continue from where you left... can U help... I wonder if anyone else experiences this...Thanks[size=18][/size]
Admin

Post by Admin »

When you want to come back to the previous screen, just click right on your mouse and choose back option, this will bring you back in the previous page.

Also note that today in history can also be accessed from the Left Menu of the main page.

Admin
Admin

Post by Admin »

One more rule: No link to outside web site since we do not want to send our users to sites that have questionable content or publicity or may one day even redirect to worse content.

We reserve the right to remove any and all links in a post. This will happen if the redirection is to a site which shows advertise, offensive material or in our assessment may not have the same content on that link after some time.

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magnet

Post by magnet »

sir why are pm disabled?????
Admin

Post by Admin »

Private message module has been disabled since some people were abusing it to send unsollicited advertise, insults and conversion messages.

Admin
GMR

Abusive and harsh language

Post by GMR »

Someone convertee from Ismailism to Christianity, i'm not sure, is posting stuff with different bogus IDs and using abusive and harsh language and trying to malign and hurt 40 million ismailis around the globe and Imam of the Time. This is a highly serious issue. We, would however, appreciate the efforts of Admin to delete this virus forthwith, on posting, but urge that such doubtful IDs may not be issued with a password, banning such un-civilised and in-human behaviour persons to inter into ismaili.net. We have noticed that this person is backbiting, the ismailis and imams, for which Allah (SWT) says in Holy Quran: "Nor backbite one another; would any of you like to eat flesh of his dead brother? you would abhor it. Sura 49:12. So this person is eating flesh of his/her dead brother, involving himself/herself into backbiting.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Please do not reply to him. He is just an accident of nature. He has come again and again under different username. we have now a script to delete all his posts on one keystroke.

He wants to stop all meaningful discussion on this Forum as he knows the Forum is a sign of the strength of Ismailis and the sign that our intellectual tradition is well alive.

We can not restrict the freedom of posting as this is exactly what he tries to do but we will take care of erase his posting immediately, be assured of that.

Admin
bodhisattva

Some basic rules to respect - Re-evaluate the posts..

Post by bodhisattva »

Are you aware that posting Farmans here is quite commonplace and that several users when trying to illustrate a point feel that posting a farman (or an excerpt) is acceptable. Your rule is is somewhat fuzzy - No posting of Farmans - but a one liner is acceptable. Farmans are not made for public forums...and that is exactly what has occured. The ability of ANY user to add in the forums his or her words as a Farman are quite possible. Please re-examine what is happening here....The consequences are potentially grave. Ismailis wanting to genuinely learn more about the faith could...and perhaps could be ill informed by users posting wrong information.Good luck to you brother / Sister.....the effect of this website is far more reaching than you perhaps realize. RULE NUMBER THREE: We do not want to see here any postings of Farmans. [a one liner quote is acceptable, not more!
Admin

Re: Some basic rules to respect - read before posting.

Post by Admin »

janu.ary83 wrote:
Admin wrote:RULE NUMBER FOUR: Redirection and outside links are not allowed. They will be deleted at the discretion of the Moderator. Redirection to other Forums are specifically not allowed.
That is because this web-site is against Imam's web-sites. They delete any news from the official sites which has a link to those official sites.
There are thousands of links on ismaili.net to akdn.org, iis.ac.uk, aku.edu etc... please do not underestimate the intelligence of people surfing this oldest and largest Ismailism web site.

As far as been against Imam, a man's value is measured by what he builds for the Imam , not by what he destroys. We have dedicated time and effort for a whole generation to inform ismailis about our faith and institutions. And none of the volunteers which have put thousands of hours in this site because of their love for the Imam has ever wanted any credit.

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
farida

Ismaili.net

Post by farida »

Speaking for myself I automatically click on this website every day and whenever I wish to seek any information etc. because it provides me with all that i wish/need to know. It is MY CHOICE. people are aware of other websites and it is up to THEM which websites they CHOOSE to visit. To keep mentioning other websites, I feel, it to be a waste of time and space and an insult to the people who so generously give their time, in my view, to the best website for ismailis.

Ya Ali Madad
Farida
Justaguest

Re: Some basic rules to respect - read before posting.

Post by Justaguest »

Dear Admin Team,

I joined a few weeks ago.

The rules are very acceptable.

Thanks for doing a wondeful voluntary job.

I am glad I joined in.

I hope to learn a lot from the other members.

Best regards,

Justaguest
ShaykhKalonji

Post by ShaykhKalonji »

As Salamu Alikum Warahmantu Allah Wabaraktu,<BR>Allahumma Sale Ale Muhammad Wa Ale Muhammad,<BR><BR>Peace Be Upon All the Followers Of Ahlul Bayt ayhi sala,<BR><BR>this site is great,<BR><BR>Allahu Akbar,
Admin

Post by Admin »

New rules [yes we can add those!]

1. We do not have a problem with people trying to have friends across frontier but we have a problem with people trying to transform the Forums into a matrimonial website so please be careful on the content of your postings. beware especially of people proposing you marriage in countries where they need a visa to stay or those looking for a cheap way of getting citizenship of these countries.

2. This is not a site that will allow anyone to gather money for any purpose. If you need money this is the wrong place to post. If you want to give money, this is also a wrong website to post. Money related postings will be deleted.

I want to remind the following:

This board is for discussion purpose, not for preaching. The difference is that when you preach you do not care about what others are saying or have said in the previous postings, you just want to convert others to your views. This is not acceptable on this board.

To the new users, first read the discussion on the subject you want to post on, do a search, find other people's view before posting. it is useless to repeat what others have already said in many different ways or to repeat the same references and arguments.

Make sure that there is respect for interpretations, no one on this board has the monopole of Wisdom and the One who has is not posting here, I can assure you.

Do not assume that every one on this board is an Ismaili, this is not the case, you are on the Internet where people posting as girls are boys in real life [maybe] and people posting as 90 years old Buzurg are in real life 14 years old teenagers. Someone can post under a name al waez but it does not mean he is one, nor a person posting under the name khoja or hunzai or agakhani or God or whatever is necessarily one.

Respect the basic etiquette of the posts will be deleted. Cross posting of the same message in various thread is not allowed. keep your messages simple, discuss one subject at a time, do not mix-up the issues and do not post several different subjects in the same post.

Write in English, not is short form nor in pidgin English, so that the search engine can recognize your key words else we are just slowing down our server for no purpose.

These rules are just plain logic, please follow them. Print them and make sure you follow them while posting. There are users whose posting never get deleted because they follow the rules.

Admin
Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a simple way to know if your post is acceptable:

Ask yourself this question "Will my post bring something of value to my fellow Ismailis or to humanity at large? Is my post going to be of value now or in the future? Is it adding anything new to the knowledge already available on this Forum? Am I making sure that it will not be offensive and unnecessarily hurt others?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

It is not hidden any more that you are a rude person and do not have manners how to treat the readers in this forum but now a days you are becoming from Admin to Dictator! Good progress brother Admin :lol:
For you it is ok if some one name to some one or insult our Ismaili traditions,sect and even MHI that is fine for you but if some one write the true facts after observing many posts of two individuals and put his comments which are not acceptable to you!
this prove that you do not have thay guts to find out who is who? And who is not who? With grace of Allah I have that sense, I have third eyes! But unfortunately you do not have that ability xcept deleting the posts. Sorry to say bro but you are miserably failed in that department and as an admin you do not deserve in this forum because you do not have that abilities an real admin should have. You are free,to ban my account if you want to but as a straight forward person I do not hide any things from anybody.
I think you should resign.
Admin

Post by Admin »

You are entitled to your opinions as are other users of this website.

If you want to continue posting here, you will have to follow the rules of this Forum.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Any post starting with the words "Please do not delete" will be deleted.

Any link without explanation on the content are considered as spam. Once a day the server has a script to delete them
Last edited by Admin on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Reminder

1. Unwarranted personal abuse and defamatory statements will be deleted.

2. Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.

3. Angry post will be deleted

4) Personal discussions between one or more wil be deleted. This Board is for the benefit of all. Share ideas with everyone, do not make it personal.

6. Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.

7. Do not write everything in Capital letters

8) Know that if you leave your email in a public Board, it may lead to spams, abuse and more. Do not leave your email in any website. If you absolutely want to do it, replace the @ by [at]
Admin

Post by Admin »

We have one thread on Diwan in the Law section. That section should only contain documents related to the formation of the Seat of Imamat, the agreements with the Portuguese or any other government and legal interpretation and discussion on this specific topic. If any discussion, it has to keep with legal interpretation.

We have a second thread under Imamat. That thread should contain what is related to Imam and Diwan within the contemporary period. Any quote from speech or interview referring to the Diwan may be posted in this section.

This third thread under Doctrine should only contain doctrinal matters on the concept of Diwan, sources from our history, interpretation from our Dai's and discussion on similar matter. Quotes from Farmans, speeches and interview can only be posted in this section if they help clarify in any way the doctrinal aspect.

Please make sure not to cross post or post under the wrong thread. It is important to keep these 3 threads separated but if there are cross posting, I will close threads or remove postings. Please be rigorous. We want to keep these thread alive and separate.