Ghost

Discussion on doctrinal issues
faisall667

Ghost

Post by faisall667 »

Although I am very afraid of ghosts and witches and so on, I would like to see a ghost from far away. Is that possible?

Faisal
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Ya Ali Madad

Ghosts do not exist but still if you want to watch than watch any horror movies.
faisall667

Post by faisall667 »

Ghosts/soul/spirit do exist because I have heard stories of people's encounter with them. You might say that they made that stuff up, well my close relatives have encountered ghosts, and I trust them on that.

Faisal
kmaherali

Contacting Spirits

Post by kmaherali »

YAM,

There is a book called "Heaven and Earth" by James Van Praagh which discusses contacts with the dead spirits through mediums. James is one of the mediums who has contacted many dead ones. He has appeared on Larry King Live and contacted the spirits live! It is a very interesting book to read.
al-azhar

Ghosts

Post by al-azhar »

Ghosts are spirits that are trapped on this earth until their time of death arrives. Most likely a premature death. For example some one who died violently and may still be in spirit at that place of violence.
However the ghosts that you may have in mind are only the ones that you see on TV. Just don't befriend one my friends, it will be hard to get them away from you!
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Scientifically there is not any proof of existence of ghosts. I have heard from some one that there were ghosts before Hazrat Sulieman or during his time. I dont know whether its true or not
kmaherali

Existence of Ghosts.

Post by kmaherali »

I have seen TV documentaries which have described the occurence of ghosts in the lives of individuals. These stories have proven to be real in the lives of the individuals concerned. They cannot be verified through the normal scientific criteria because such occurences are subjective to the individuals. They appear only to the individuals concerned and no one else. The ghosts assume the form of helpful angels and do have an impact upon the lives of individuals. Indeed lives have been saved by them!

I know for sure that elevated souls can resurrect themselves anywhere. A good example is an account given by Paramahansa Yogananda in his autobiography about the resurrection of his master Swami Sri Yuktesvar after his burial at Puri. The master then had a conversation with his disciple and explained how he resurrected himself. A whole chapter is dedicated to this issue.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I don't think Elevated souls or helpful angels are ghosts.
There were ghosts in prehistoric time from Islamic and hinduism point of view. I am not sure about present. There were daets and Asoors according to hinduism. According to Ginans also Daet Kalingo will appear in future but many people dont believe Daet to be ghost but take it as symbolical meaning.
Some people believe in it some do not. As far as Tv is concerned many believe and many not example I read this news from a website Hansika Motwani speaks like a pro when asked if she likes horror films. ‘‘I saw The Others to prepare for my role and I wasn’t scared at all. I don’t believe in ghosts. When I was watching the film, the grown-ups were more scared,’’ says Motwani.

This is some thing thats not sure. Some people do believe some do not.However is there some thing in Farman,Quran or Ginans in this regard??
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

star_munir wrote:I don't think Elevated souls or helpful angels are ghosts.
The definition of a ghost is a dead person appearing to the living. It is this that I am referring to.
kmaherali

Ghost Phenomena - ISMS

Post by kmaherali »

To me ghosts are a manifestation of the paranormal or parapsychology. The fact that they cannot be proven scientifically does not mean that they do not exist. Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah in his Memoirs (pg 312) alludes to this.

"Mr., Chaplin is interested in certain psychical and non-physical phenomena, such as telepathy and its various derivatives. He quoted to me Einstein's demand that ten scientists should witness at the same time, and under precisely similar conditions, every case of this kind submitted, before he would consider these manifestations proven. He and I agreed that the imposition of this kind of test would make all psychical research and experiment impossible, for these phenomena-and the laws under which they occur-are simply not at the beck and call of human beings".
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

KmaherAli I understood what you mean by ghost. There are different believes of people about life after death. Some belive after death a good person will go in paradise and bad will go in hell.Some believes in rebirth and reincarnation.Some believes after death of bad person its soul becomes "bhoot" or what we day "bad rooh" or "buri aatma"
and its very dangerous and there are many interesting films on it like Krishna cottage showing that ghost [ a girl who is dead] taking revenge and killing etc. If that would be case than it would be dangerous to kill some one who is bad because after his death he will become more powerful in form of ghost. So therefore this can not be true.
ShamsB

How about jinns.

Post by ShamsB »

From the Quran

51:56 I have only created jinns and men, that they may serve Me.

Shams
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

So do they exist now also as dinosaurs also existed once but not now.
Like when one read history of Hazrat Sulieman there is mention of Jinns and Pari [fairies] but are they any more in this world? As according to KMaherAli "To me ghosts are a manifestation of the paranormal or parapsychology" what about jins?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

star_munir wrote:"To me ghosts are a manifestation of the paranormal or parapsychology" what about jins?
Dinasours were actually physical monster beings who are now extinct whereas jinns are non material and personal beings. As per the verse of the Quran, they are helpful agents of God, they would be angelic beings. Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah says in his memoirs: "Islam acknowledges the existence of angels, of great souls who have developed themselves to the highest possible planes of the human soul and higher, and who are centres of the forces which are scattered throughout the Universe."

In Anant Akhado they are referred to as "huraa" who guide and protect devotees.

Aashaajee Farmaani jeev bahu malshe
huraau tenee hajur jee
amee-naa pyaalaa haathe deshe
rakheesar-ne gher vadhaaiyun............Haree anant..143

Oh Lord The Farmani(obedient) souls will meet in large numbers
and angels and spirits will be present with them
They (angels) will give them the Holy water by hand
and the homes of the devotees will be joyous and happy
Haree You are eternal...

Aashaajee Huraau kero sen vakhaanno
purab dees peeaannaa jee
farmaanee var tene deshe
hoyshe te tenaa ghar nee naar...........Haree anant..144

Oh Lord The army of angels is praiseworthy
and it is full of mercy
It will grant bounties(protection) to the obedient souls
and will be their housewives(companions)
Haree You are eternal...
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Himesh’s Jhalak Dikhlaja track inviting ghosts literally
By IndiaFM News Bureau, June 1, 2006 - 03:29 IST

If RGV’s Darna Zaroori Hai didn’t scare you enough, here’s a freaky little ghostly tale for you. It’s a known fact that Himesh Reshammiya is ruling the music charts these days and pulling increasing number of fans with his nasal voice. That’s normal, quite natural, even Elvis Presley did that. But here’s a freaky turn to the story, what if one of his song is attracting the dead!! This is not any fiction that we are creating. It’s a real life situation in a small village of Bhalej in the Anand district of Gujarat where Himesh’s chartbuster song ‘Jhalak Dikhlaja’ from the film Aksar is working as a mantra to pull the ghosts in the village. The villagers claim that the line in the lyrics which goes ‘ek baar aaja aaja’ is actually acting as a call for the ghosts.

A rational person who doesn’t believe in superstitions might dismiss this idea as stupid, but the villagers in the Bhalej believe in this myth completely. The villagers have a number of stories to tell regarding the song.

Nearly 10 days back, a 25-year-old Firoz Thakor, who was humming the song, got caught under the evil influence. He ate a lot and started talking to himself only. He finally seemed to become normal when taken to a priest. This is one story. There have been many such instances in the past 15 days wherein more than a dozen people have fallen prey to the spirit and some have even lost their lives.

The song keeps playing on the local radio station twice or thrice a day but people here turn off the radio to avoid any trouble. Some sources say that people mainly from the Muslim community are becoming victims of the song. However, it seems that everyone in the village irrespective of their religion is equally scared. People are running to their religious priests for help to cure their demon possessed relatives. In fact, there is also a particular spot like the graveyard next to the lake in the village where people get attacked by the evil spirits on humming the song.

After realizing the root cause from this exorcism, the villagers seemed to have banned the song completely. They don’t wish to invite any more trouble and therefore are also urging the local bandwallas to avoid playing the song at the weddings. However, will the locals appeal to the court for a ban and will the court accept such a plea is yet to be seen.

One thing is for sure though, that Himesh’s nasal voice definitely has magical powers. If it can wake up the dead from their deep sleep, its highly justified if we go bizarre listening to those killer numbers.
yaali101

Re: Ghost

Post by yaali101 »

faisall667 wrote:Although I am very afraid of ghosts and witches and so on, I would like to see a ghost from far away. Is that possible?

Faisal
Ghosts do not exit. People in the earlier times might have confused split personality with people being possessed. Even in western society - the church - accused women of being witches if they acted a certain way. There is no such thing as ghosts, they are just a way for people to understand the unexplainable. Supposedly my aunti was possessed, but I think it was due more to anxiety than anything. As science advances people will understand that ghosts do not exist.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

yaali101 wrote: Ghosts do not exit. People in the earlier times might have confused split personality with people being possessed. Even in western society - the church - accused women of being witches if they acted a certain way. There is no such thing as ghosts, they are just a way for people to understand the unexplainable. Supposedly my aunti was possessed, but I think it was due more to anxiety than anything. As science advances people will understand that ghosts do not exist.
Individuals get possessed by evil spirits. We have accounts from the Bible of Jesus performing exocism through the power of Zikr. MHI in one of his recent visits to Dar-es-Salaam also performed an exorcism on a female murid possessed by a male spirit!
verzz

Post by verzz »

kmaherali wrote: Individuals get possessed by evil spirits. We have accounts from the Bible of Jesus performing exocism through the power of Zikr. MHI in one of his recent visits to Dar-es-Salaam also performed an exorcism on a female murid possessed by a male spirit!
how do you know this? is there any additional information regarding this that i may access?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

verzz wrote: how do you know this? is there any additional information regarding this that i may access?
I was informed about it by a number of sources. If you know someone in Dar-es-Salaam, you may be able to get more information. This kind of information like many oral traditions is not documented, one has to use his/her own judgement about it's veracity/efficacy. Not all information about the Imam's activities is relayed to the Jamat formally/officially.
dchandani

ghosts

Post by dchandani »

I have witnessed a game called viji board where on a flat table top letters and nubers are written and iverted cup in the cenre moves when fewpeople lightly touch it and call the good spirit. when spirit answers it moves to different letters and spells the message .I have personally witneesed some v. profound messages being delivered. which were proved to be true including death of a person in the family.
whether good spirit can be called a ghost or not. any opinions on how viji board works?
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Well...I've this question..

When Allah is with us every day? How could evil spirits control the body of someone?

Some people also perform Black Magic one some of their enemies so How it can work when the most powerful force is with us day n night?

Is it approved by Allah ?
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

is there anyone who can answer to my question?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

st0necol wrote:Well...I've this question..

When Allah is with us every day? How could evil spirits control the body of someone?

Some people also perform Black Magic one some of their enemies so How it can work when the most powerful force is with us day n night?

Is it approved by Allah ?
There are evil spirits around, but they cannot have any effect on a true believer who is at all times vigilant through knowledge and remembrance.

Paramahansa Yogananda explains the existence of evil spirits and how they can manifest in weak souls and how they can be overcome in his commentary of Luke 4:33-39 in his book "The Second Coming Of Christ".

[And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God."

And Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Hold thy peace, and come out of him." And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.

And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, "What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and the come out." And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round about. -- Luke 4:33-39

Paramahansa Yogananda interpreting the above verse of the Bible explains the phenomenon of possession by "tramp souls" as following:

"As people walk in sleep or cry out during a bad dream, so, during the sleep after death, unclean spirits move about in the ether crying out for relief. Often they try to get hold of some passive bodily vehicle through which to express their agony and pent-up wickedness. As a sleepwalker does many strange things, so these ghostly sleepwalkers engage in many strange antics. But they can never infest brains occupied with intelligent thinking, or people with strong will power or vibrations of spiritual perception. That is why one should never make the mind negative, or blank, in order to open oneself to messages from disincarnate spirits. This presents an ideal opportunity for possession by low-type tramp souls seeking human vehicles for expression and experience."

He then goes on to describe how a sinful person got possessed by a "tramp" soul and how Isa Nabi exorcised it as following:

"Like attracts like, so the possessed man in the synagogue, by the attraction of his own sinful vibration, drew unto himself an unclean spirit. Jesus, possessing the universal Christ Consciousness, could feel exactly what was going on within the body of the bedeviled man. And the unclean spirit, through the intuition of its astral body, could feel the power of Jesus. (Astral-bodied souls perceive through the sixth sense of intuition; but they can use it to perform the functions of vision, audition, smell, taste, touch, and so forth.) The unclean, wicked spirit kept the mind of possessed man in a state of suspension, neutrality, and sub-hypnosis of obsession, so that its victim's instruments of consciousness - senses, brain, and body - could be used without interference. A possessed individual may or may not be unconscious within his spirit-controlled body, just as a person under hypnosis may manifest the unconsciousness of sleep or the superficially normal state of the obsessed conscious mind. The unclean spirit saw Jesus through the eyes of the possessed man, and used his voice to cry loudly: "Let us alone; do not deny us freedom of expression, be it good or evil."...

Jesus did not want the unclean devil, in its irritated state, to do harm to the brain of the obsessed man. If possession by unclean devils or disembodied souls continues for long, great mischief is done to the brain, mind, and sense organs of the possessed individual, posing a threat of he advent of permanent insanity. By his life controlling will power, Jesus spoke: "Hold thy peace and come out of him." That is, stop the devilish work of wrecking possessed brains; hold on to the inner peace of the soul, hidden behind the dark barrier of self-created past evil propensities, and restore again your right behavior by coming out of the body you have forcibly and unethically occupied.

It requires strong concentration and divine will power to dislodge an evil spirit. If one has dynamic spiritual force, the entity can be thrown out by constantly looking into the eyes of a stricken individual, using steady, silent will power continuously, inwardly commanding the evil spirit to leave. The entity will depart provided the will of the healer to drive the evil force out is stronger than the latter's will to remain.

By the repeated whisper of "Aum" in the right ear of a possessed individual, the evil spirit is bound to leave. Tramp souls,having wandered out of the dark lower astral regions, cannot stand the high vibration of spiritual thoughts and consciousness. The utterance of holy names and words, especially Aum, Aum, Aum, into the ear of possessed individuals usually brings forth a quick, frightened reply from the individual like: "I am going; don't utter that holy word," which indicates spirit possession.

Jesus, drawing power from the Cosmic Aum Vibration, commanded, with his Aum-impregnated voice, the devil to come out of the body of the afflicted individual. The devil, unwilling to obey Jesus, fought against the powerful vibration. This created convulsions in the body of the bedeviled man as the powerful Cosmic Current vibrating within him tried to dislodge and shake out the intruding spirit. At last the evil entity came out of the body violently, leaving the man limp and shaken but not hurt, unable to harm him due to the intervention of the divine Christ Jesus. The people who beheld this casting out of an unclean spirit were in awe of the sovereign authority in the word of Jesus, which even demonic entities were constrained to obey - adding far and wide to the renown of Jesus."]

I have heard about an incident during one of the Padhramnis of MHI to Dar-es-Salaam, where he performed an exorcism.
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

What's AUM ?

And in short Evil Spirits enters into the body on their free will but if a person is high in spirituality then the spirit is bound to come out of the body?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

st0necol wrote:What's AUM ?

And in short Evil Spirits enters into the body on their free will but if a person is high in spirituality then the spirit is bound to come out of the body?
Aum is a divine vibration or sound. It is a form of 'Jaap' (remembrance). When this is done by an elevated soul, it generates power through which anything can be overcome.

If a person is high in spirituality, no evil spirit can enter into his being. On the contrary this person can remove the evil spirit in someone else as in the case of Jesus above.
AsadALLAH

Post by AsadALLAH »

[quote="faisall667"]I would like to see a ghost from far away. Is that possible?
[quote="Faisall667"]

It is very possible...Just look at my wife from far and your wish will be granted.
searcher

Post by searcher »

MHI in one of his recent visits to Dar-es-Salaam also performed an exorcism on a female murid possessed by a male spirit!
As per the farmans of Imams, we all agree that our souls/spirits have been created from the Noor of Allah/Ali. Does Allah have a gender? Nope!So how is it possible for the soul to have any type of gender? The soul is genderless.

And something else to ponder about. The theory of evolution fits in perfectly with the Ismaili concept of reincarnation where the soul takes on higher forms of life until it attains the state of Fana Fillah. And as per this theory, the earlier forms of life such as single-celled organisms were asexual and thus had no gender. This further supports the idea of the soul being genderless.

And here's the ultimate argument that supports the idea of the soul being genderless. We all know of individuals who are born hermopherdites. They possess both or partial sex organs of both genders. And as such, they are considered neither males or females. Now would their spirits be hermopherdites as well? The idea is totally absurd. And what about the people who are born one gender, get a sex change operation early on in their lives and then live the rest of their lives as such. What would be their souls' gender?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

searcher wrote:As per the farmans of Imams, we all agree that our souls/spirits have been created from the Noor of Allah/Ali. Does Allah have a gender? Nope!So how is it possible for the soul to have any type of gender? The soul is genderless.
Keep in mind we are talking of a lower soul or 'tramp soul' as explained by Paramahansa Yogananda above. These souls exist at the lower regions of the astral world and are very much earthly bound and hence they still retain the earthly personality or consciousness with all it entails in terms of language, sex etc. It is the higher or elevated souls that lose all the awareness of their personality, even in this life!

In this particular case the woman was possessed by a male spirit and she would even talk in a strange language with a male voice!
zubin_chagani

Post by zubin_chagani »

brother faisal there is only one thing [super natural] that exist in this world and that is " jinn "

and u got 2 believe this bcoz its mentioned in quran

6:128 One day will He gather them all together, (and say): "O ye assembly of JINNs! Much (toll) did ye take of men." Their friends amongst men will say: "Our Lord! we made profit from each other: but (alas!) we reached our term - which thou didst appoint for us." He will say: "The Fire be your dwelling-place: you will dwell therein for ever, except as Allah willeth." for thy Lord is full of wisdom and knowledge.

7:179 Many are the JINNs and men we have made for Hell: They have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle,- nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning).

11:119 Except those on whom thy Lord hath bestowed His Mercy: and for this did He create them: and the Word of thy Lord shall be fulfilled: "I will fill Hell with JINNs and men all together."

still wanna see JINN/GHOST ? :lol:
DT

Post by DT »

how do you perform exorcism through ismaili point of view.....like what sura's or ayats or ginans or farmans do missionaries or anyone fit enought to do the exorcism do?