Pir Sadardeen Dua and Old GhatPat Dua

Books on Ismailism, reviews etc..
shamsu

Pir Sadardeen Dua and Old GhatPat Dua

Post by shamsu »

Ya Aly Madad,
I am looking for The entire text of the Old Dua and Old GhatPat Dua with meaning if possible. If anyone can help please send me a private message.

Thank You,

Ya Aly Madad

Shamsuddin
star_munir

Dua

Post by star_munir »

Shamsu translation of old dua is available in this site.TRANSLATION OF ASAL DU'A FOR ISMAILIS
- Pir Saddurdin -

I
Concentrate your mind;

May God bestow mercy upon you.

In the name of God

The Merciful, the Compassionate.

Offer your prayers, offer your prayers, offer your prayers; May God bestow mercy upon you; Glorify the name of God; our Lord Ali may grant you faith and prudence. O Master! accept my Evening Prayer's [1] earnest supplications in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur (Divine Light) Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah (Lord) Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

Count the Beads of your Rosary with the Remembrance of the true Names.

Pirshah [2]

(O Ali --- O Muhammad )

Aliyyu'llah [3]

O Master! accept (my) earnest supplications with remembrance, in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur (Divine Light) Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam, (Prostration.)

I
(Join and raise hands)

I repent (of my sins), I repent (of my sins) I am a sinful bondman (of thine) sinful from head to foot; O Shah, thou art the forgiver, forgive me. The Pir prays, (thy) bondman supplicates, true Shah accepteth. (I obey) the (commandments) Firmans of the Shah as conveyed by the Pir.

(Keep the Rosary - Tasbih on the ground and recite:)

III
Truly I affirm : God, is Holy, Gratefulness be to God. And Praise be to God, And there is no deity except God, And God is Great, And there is no Might and no Power except, in God, the Most High, the Supreme, the Merciful, The Bountiful, the Exalted, the Illustrious (and the) Holy Sustainer.

O ye who believe! Obey God and Obey His Apostle and those charged with (Divine Authority amongst you; And everything have we counted in the MANIFEST IMAM; And hold fast all together by the ROPE OF GOD: and be not divided among yourselves. Verily he is guided upon the RIGHT PATH, who holds fast Sultan Muhammad Shah the present Imam.

O Master! accept in thy presence, Nur (divine light)Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

IV
Recite here the several name of the Holy Imam after Hazarat Abu Talib Wali.

( The first Imam is )

1.Our True Lord Shah Ali
2. “ Husein
3. “ Zainu ' l -Abidin
4. “ Muhammad Baqir
5. “ Ja'far as-Sadiq
6. “ Isma'il
7. “ Muhammad bin Isma'il
8. “ Wafi Ahmad
9. “ Taqi Muhammad
10. “ Razi Abdullah
11. “ Mahdi Muhammad
12. Our True Lord Shah Qa'im
13. “ Mansur
14. “ Mu'izz
15. “ Aziz
16. “ Hakim Abu Ali
17. “ Zahìr Ali
18. “ Mustansir bi'llah
19. “ Nizar
20. “ Hadi
21. “ Muhtadi
22. “ Qahir
23. “ (Hasan) Ala zikir - hi's salam
24. “ Ala Muhammad
25. “ Khud Jalalu'ddin Hasan
26. “ Alau' ddin Muhammad
27. “ Ruknu'ddin Khurshah
28. “ Shamsu'ddin Muhammad
29. “ Qasim Shah
30. “ Islam Shah
31. “ Muhammad bin Islam Shah
32. Our True Lord Shah Mustansir bi'llah
33. “ Abdu'ssalam
34. “ Gharib Mirza
35. “ Abu Zarr Ali
36. “ Murad Mirza
37. “ Zu'l -fiqar Ali
38. “ Nuru'ddin Ali
39. “ Sayyid Khalilu'llah
40. “ Nizar II
41. “ Sayyid Ali
42. “ Hassan Ali
43. “ Qasim Ali
44. “ Abu'l Hasan Ali
45. “ Khalilu'llah Ali
46. “ Hasan Ali (II)
47. “ Ali Shah Datar
48. Our True Lord, Shah Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam, the Lord of the Age, the Guide of the guides, the possessor of Rightful Authority, the true Light of the Lord, the Saviour of the true believing men and true believing women.
O Master! accept in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhamad Shah Hazir Imam.
(Prostration)

V
(Fifth part prayer)

(Keep your palms flat on your knees )
O God, O Our Lord!

Thou art the source of Peace;

And Peace comes of Thee;

And Peace returns unto Thee;

And thousand Peace rest upon Thee;

O Our Lord-Sustainer! grant us "Lite with Peace ";

And make us enter into the " Abode of Peace ";

Blessed art Thou, Our Lord, the Exalted, O the Lord of Glory and Generosity .

Have mercy on us by thy bounty, O our Lord!

Be merciful and generous to us, O Our Lord!

There is no Might or Power except in Thee, O our Lord!

Hasten! Hasten! to redress our grievances, O our Lord!

O God! O my Master! from Thee comes help to me, and only Thee can I trust; Thee do we worship and Thine aid we seek; O " Abal - Ganth " [4] come to my rescue, O Ali extend to me thy silent mercy, reward me, have compassion on me, bestow blessings upon me; True is Muhammad of Arabia; Verily, Ali and Muhammad are the Light of God; such a true recognition averts calamity .

There is no deity except God, Muhammad is the Apostle of God, the Commander of the Faithful is Ali -- who is from Allah; God is sufficient for us, the Most Excellent Protector and Most Excellent Lord and Most Excellent Helper. O Our Lord! we pray for forgiveness of our sins and to Thee is our eventual coming.

O Master! accept my earnest supplications in the "Fifth part prayer " in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhamad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)
(Look unto each others eyes joining the right hands & and say we see Lord Ali .)
Shahjo Didar ...............Shahjo Didar

Count the beads of your rosary with the remembrance of the true names :

Pirshah
O Ali ---- O Muhammad

O Muhammad ---- O Ali

VI
Aliyyu'llah.
O Shah! favour them with thy Holy appearance, " didar," who are coming towards thee and who are reaching in thy presence and who are in love with thee and who are the members of the ‘Religious Brotherhood’.

O Master! accept my Evening [5] Prayer's earnest supplications in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

VII
O Shah! bestow thy bounty and mercy ( upon us ); Avert all calamities; Enlighten the living and redeem the dead and keep in blissful abode, the souls of those who may die; Establish goodness, avert wickedness and favour us with thy "didar".

O Master! accept my Evening [6] Prayer's earnest supplications in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhamad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

VIII
(Recite in prostration: ) O Shah! Pir, Vakil, the entire congregation, mother, father, relatives, living, dead and I thy bondman; all are sinful from head to foot, O Shah! Forgiver, forgive us.

IX
In the name of God the Merciful, the Compassionate There is no deity except God - the Ever-Living, the Eternal; There is no deity except God --- the Manifest King, the Only True One;
There is no deity except God --- the King, the self - evident Truth; There is no deity except God --- the Master, of the Day of Judgment;

There is no deity except God --- the Most High, the Supreme;

There is no deity except God --- the Most Forbearing, Most Generous:

There is no deity except God --- the Lord of the seven heavens and the Lord of the seven earths, and all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all that is between them, and the Lord of the Greatest Throne, There is no deity except .God, Muhammad is the Apostle of God, the Commander, of the Faithful is Ali --- who is from Allah,

Verily, verily, I seek the forgiveness of God, who is my Lord - Sustainer, and I turn to Him in repentance. There is no deity except Thyself, Glory be to Thee;

Verily I am one of the sinners; There is no real Hero except Ali, there is no real Sword except Zu'l-fiqar. [7]

Invoke Ali!
-- who is the Revealer of ( Divine) Mysteries, and you [surely] shall find him helping you in difficulties. [8] All worries and sorrows shall be cleared off by thy help O Ali, O Ali!

Count the beads of your rosary of Evening Prayer [9] with remembrance of the true names:

Pirshah
O Ali --- O Muhammad

Aliyyu'llah

O Master! accept my earnest supplications with remembrance in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhamad Shah Hazir Imam.
(Prostration.)

X
Offer Prayers for Panj-tan Pak Sahib;

(The Pions Five Persons)

Hazrat Nabi Muhammad -- The Holy Prophet, the Chosen, the Messenger, May peace and the blessings of God be upon him Hazrat Mowla Murtaza Ali, iHazrat Bibi Fatima --- The Noble Lady, the Queen of Paradise; Hazrat Hasan; Hazrat Imam Husein;
O Master! accept my prayers for "Panj-tan Pak Sahib" in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority Thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhamad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

XI
Offer Prayers for all Pirs:
[10]1. First, the Holy Prophet Muhammad, the Chosen, the Messenger, May peace and the blessings of God be upon him .
[10]2. Pir Hazrat Hasan
[10]3. Pir Qasim Shah
[10]4. Pir Jaffer Shah
5. Pir Zainu'l - Abidin
6. Pir Amir Ahmed
7. Pir Nurdin
8. Pir Imamdin
9. Pir Muhammad Mansur
10. Pir Ghalibdin
11. Pir Abdul -- Majid
12. Pir Mustansir bi-llah
13. Pir Ahmad Hadi
14. Pir Hashim Shah
15. Pir Muhammad Shah
16. Pir Mahmud Shah
17. Pir Muhibu'din
18. Pir Khaliqdin
19. Pir Abdu'l - Mu'min
20. Pir Islamdin
21.Pir Sulehdin
22.Pir Salahdin
23. Pir Shamsu'd-din
24. Pir Nasiru'd--din
25. Pir Shihabu'd-din
[10]26. Pir Sadru'd-din
[10]27.Pir Hasan Kabiru'd-din
28. Pir Taju'd-din
[10]29. Pir Pandiyat -i-Jawan mardi
30. Pir Haider Alí
31. Pir Alau'd- din
32. Pir Qasim Shah
33.Pir Nasir Muhammad
34. Pir Baba Aqa Hasan Shah
35. Pir Muhammad Zaman
36. Pir Aqa Aziz
37. Pir Mihrab Beg
38.Pir Ali Akbar Beg
39. Pir Aqa Ali Asghar Beg
40.Pir Mirza Shah Hasan Ali
41.Pir Mirza Shah Qasim Ali
42.Pir Aqa Shah Abu'l-Hasan Ali
43.Pir Mirza Muhammad baqir
44. Pir Sarkar Mata Salamat
45.Pir Aqa Shah Hasan Ali
[10]46.Pir Aqa Shah Alishah Datar
[10]47.Pir Aqa Shah Khalilu'llah
[10]48.Pir Abu'l-Hasan Shah
[10]49.Pir of all Pirs, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam;
O Lord! forgive us for the sake of those Two Flowers [11] of the Rose - Garden of the Holy Lady [12] and for the sake of Hazrat Bibi Fatima daughter of the Holy Prophet .
O Master! accept our earnest supplications and prayers for all Pirs in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhamad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

XII
Offer Prayers for
Martyrs of the Faith.

The Holy Souls of the Saints, Prophets, and One Lac Twenty-four thousand Divine Messengers;
O Master! accept our earnest supplications and Prayers for these Holy Souls,in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

Count the beads of your rosary with remembrance of the True name of Hazrat Panj-tan Pak Sahib:

Panj-tan Pak ......Pir-Shah.
Aliyyu'llah

O Master! accept my earnest supplications with remembrance of Panj-tan Pak, in thy Presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.
(Prostration)

XIII
Prayers for good-intentions:

O God! show goodness towards us; Show goodness towards us at the time of our end; Show goodness towards us here and hereafter; Show goodness towards us in the worldly and religious affairs; Help us to pass our day and night in goodness and safety; Show goodness towards those who travel on the paths and passes; Show goodness towards those who come towards Thee; Show goodness towards those who reach in Thy Presence and those who are the members of the Religious Brotherhood, Officers; Thy lovers and all jama'ats(congregations).
Show goodness towards us, O Direct Descendant of the Prophet and (the legitimate) successor of Ali .O Ali! grant us protection from the oppressors; O Ali! grant us protection from wickedness of Satan; O Ali! grant us protection from those who are impudent towards thee; O Ali! Show goodness towards us.

O Master! accept our earnest supplications and prayers of good intentions,in thy Presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.

XIV
(The worshipper should prostrate himself and say: )
1.Bow down and prostrate ... May God bestow mercy upon us and may Ali and Muhammad relieve the jamaats of all difficulties;

2.Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord accept the Oath of Allegiance of the sincere;

3.Bow down and prostrate -- May our Lord add strength to the words of the Pirs;

4.Bow down and prostrate -- May our Lord lead those who are on His Way and who have reached His door and favour them with His Didar (holy appearance);

5.Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord keep the supplies of grain and water plentiful;

6.Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord relieve debtors from their debts and be helpful to discharge their duties:

7. Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord put to end the forces against the Faith;

8.Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord flourish the blissful occasions in Darkhana (Central prayer house).

9. Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord grant Peace and Prosperity to the People and Administrators of the Nation;

10.Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord fulfill the desired good wishes of Jama'ats;

11.Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord liberate those who are in bondage;

12.Bow down and prostrate -- May Our Lord relieve us from difficulties, establish goodness and save us from the Chastisements of the Day of Resurrection;

13.Bow down and prostrate -- May God bestow mercy upon us and Ali and Muhammad accept earnest supplications of all those who are present at this congregation. (Prostration ends)

XV
Offer the Religious Dues from your earning and Victuals to Imam carefully; Recollect and pay all your outstandings to Sarkar Sahib (Hazir Imam); O friends, may God bestow mercy upon you; May our Lord Ali fulfill the good desires and may our Lord Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam, favour us with his Didar. Count the beads of your rosary O our Lord! Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam, bestow mercy upon us.

Aliyu'llah

O Master! accept our earnest supplications with remembrance, in thy Presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.
(Prostration.)

In accordance with the Commandment of our Lord --- Recite fourteen times:
Ya Ali ... Ya Ali ...

and recite fourteen times :
Allahuma Salli Ala Muhammad Wa-Ale Muhammad
May God bestow - peace upon Muhammad and his direct Decendants ( Imams) . Aliyyu'llah .

O Master! accept our earnest supplications with remembrance, in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.

(Prostration.)

Count the beads of you rosary For relief of difficulties recite:
Ya Ali ---- Ya Ali ...
Aliyyu'llah

O Master! accept our earnest supplications with remembrance, in thy Presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam.
(Prostration.)

XVI
Prayer for good intentions --
O God! Show goodness towards us, show goodness at the time of our end. O Master! accept our earnest supplications with the prayer of good-intentions, in thy presence, by virtue of the Authority thou possesseth, Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam .

(Prostration.)

XVII
(Recite in prostration)

O Shah! lead us towards goodness;
Keep us away from wickedness;

-Both are in thy hands.

(Prostration Ends)
In the name of God

the Merciful, the Compassionate .

The Light of Our Lord is ever Perfect.

By the aid of Ali and Recommendation (Intercession) of the Prophet, Worship of God is accepted, In His Presence,

Pir Sadruddin implores.
for the redress of grievances;
Pir Hasan Kabiruddin implores for the redress of grievances;

--- in the presence of ---
the Pir of all Pirs Nur Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Hazir Imam .
The Words of " Pak Kalima " are [13]

I bear witness that --- There is no deity except God;
I bear witness that --- Muhammad is the Apostle of God;
I bear witness that --- The Commander of the Faithful is Ali --- who is from Allah.
He is Living, We have got Him (with us) For eternity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOOTNOTES

[1] Night or Morning Prayer
[2] Pir: An ambassador of Imam Bestowed with Special Religious Power and Authority Shah: Lord
[3] i.e. Ali – who is from Allah
[4] The epithet of Hazrat Ali, i.e. the “Father of Help”.
[5] Or Night or Morning Prayer
[6] Or Night or Morning Prayer
[7] Two-edged sword of Hazrat Ali
[8] say “SUBHAN-ALLAH”, if Morning Prayer
[9] Or Night or Morning Prayer
[10] Only names marked with an asterix are to be recited
[11] Hazrat Hasan and Hazrat Imam Husein.
[12] Hazrat Bibi Fatima.
[13] I.e. Formula or Confession of Islamic Faith.
shamsu

Old Dua

Post by shamsu »

Ya Aly Madad star_munir,

Thank you so much for the post.

May Mowla keep you Noorani for eternity.

Ya Aly Madad

shams
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Mowla Ali Madad
thanks for prayer may Mowla Bless you.
shamsu

FYI

Post by shamsu »

FYI

I have the old dua in gujrati and will Inshallah have the old ghatpat dua pretty soon.

You see a desire arises in my heart and it becomes an obsession for him to fulfill. Here I am trying to leave JK in a hurry and I over hear someone talking about the old Dua. I stop for a second and it is someone I know and within a couple of minutes he agrees to get me a copy of it. Thursday he brings it to me.

The secret is to have patience and let Mowla do his work the way he always does, it at the right time.

So once again my Mowla follows through with fulfilling the wishes of his murid.
How do you thank him who never disappoints?
How do you appreciate him who fulfills wishes when all I ever do is keep trying to disappoint him?

How can I become one with him when I am a polar opposite of him?
He is most generous while I cannot see past my own nose.
He loves to give and I cant stop thinking about taking.
He does I do not.
He loves, I pretend to love.
He wants me to become like him but I am lolling in the muck of this world thinking I am having a good old time like a 2 year old.

He is everything and I keep thinking I am something.

When will I realize that I am nothing and he is absolutely everything?

Shamsuddin
manjee

Post by manjee »

DEAR ADMIN .....................I THINK THIS POSTING FROM STAR MUNIR SHOULD REQUIRE A PASS WORD IT SHOULD NOT BE IN A OPEN FORUM .....................................AS PER REQUEST FROM BROTHER SHAMSU FOR A PRIVATE MESSAGE .................................PARDON MY INTRUSION ......YA ALI MADAD
shamsu

Haji Bibi case

Post by shamsu »

Ya Aly Madad manjee,

The English translation of the old dua is a matter of Public Record as it was found by me in the Haji Bibi case transcripts on the internet spelt as doowa.

Our old dua is a masterpiece just as the new dua is. To understand Imam i.e. to reach marifat all you need to do is contemplate on the meaning of the dua.

Imams Deedar can be obtained by just saying the entire dua with complete understanding and without distraction.

Loose yourself in the dua and see where it takes you as the meanings become more and more clear day by day. I sincerely believe that if an Ismaili can say his Dua with complete concentration everyday Bandagi for him is no problem at all.

The foundation of our Faith of Farmanbardari is Dua and Dasond. If these two are perfect everything else falls into place effortlessly.

Pardon me for expressing my own thoughts here

Shams

Post by Guest »

<P>DEAR SHAMSU YA ALI MADAD&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;THANKS FOR PUTTING YOUR REPLY IN SUCH&nbsp; WONDERFULL WORDS I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU AS SO MANY OTHERS.PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYERS THAT MAY MAWLA PAPA GRANT US ALL SUCH WISDOM TO UNDERSTAND OUR DUA AND OTHER RITUALS. AMEEM... YA ALI MADAD..........&nbsp;</P>

Re: FYI

Post by Guest »

shamsu wrote:FYI

I have the old dua in gujrati and will Inshallah have the old ghatpat dua pretty soon.
Did you get the old ghatpat dua. I am interested in seeing it. Thanks in advance!
shamsu

ya aly madad

Post by shamsu »

not yet but I should get it soon

shams

Re: ya aly madad

Post by Guest »

shamsu wrote:not yet but I should get it soon

shams
Kindly post it when you do get it.

Karim
shamsu

gujrati

Post by shamsu »

I will be getting it in gujrati script I think

I hope there was a way to post non english scripts on these forums.

I will see if I can scan it and email it to people though I have never successfully scaned anything yet.

Its like a learning disability when it comes to scaning stuff I suppose. I have never learned to use the numerous scanners I have had through the years.

maybe this will be something that forces me to learn it.

Ya Aly Madad

Shams
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

Hey about the translation of the old dua in english i have a small question, but first read this:<BR>Ismailia Mission Conference 1945. <BR><BR>"Then when last in Bombay 8 years ago, many of our people came to me and requested me to add just o&shy;ne word in Dua, and then, they said everything was alright. I said, "What is that o&shy;ne word?" They said, "Instead of 'Ali Allah', say 'Ali-un-walli-Allah'." So I said, "You better drop the whole Dua if you want to alter that word. You are ignorant. It is your ignorance and not that "Ali Allah" is wrong." <BR><BR>Shouldnt the translation be Ali Allah then because at that time, the Imam was stating the old dua.<BR>
sinanmomin

Post by sinanmomin »

I HAVE THE TEXT OF ALD GHAT PAT DUA IN GUJRATI

LATER I GIVE U IT URDU TARJUMA
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

Ya Ali Madad,

Thank you so much for posting the translation of the Asal Dua. I was wondering if there was a copy available of the transliteration or gujarati version of this Dua. I would love to read it in its original context. Thanks so much.
sheri

Post by sheri »

The translation posted on this forum is quite different from the one posted on the "Haji Bibi Case" under doowa. Star_Munir where did you source this translation that you have posted from, as it is quite different.

This verse does not exist in the translation that you have provided. Please explain?

"True declaration--God is Holy. Thanks to God. Praise to God. There is no God but God. God is Great. There is no might or power except that of God, the High the Great, the Merciful, the Magnanimous, the Good, the Great Holy Providence (Who is) in the district of Chaldea, in Persia, in human form descended from the seventy-seven Patras (ancestors), and Who is the forty-eighth. Imam (Spiritual Chief) the tenth Naklanki Avtar, our Master, Aga Sultan Mahomed Shah, the Giver."

http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1531123/