Where to publish Ismaili book

Books on Ismailism, reviews etc..
prince_visram

Where to publish Ismaili book

Post by prince_visram »

Yaa Ali Madaat,

I am looking for the specific publishers or council group that I should contact.I am in the process of writing a picture book on the story of Tara Rani and Harishchandra (hence my repeated threads :D ) but I would like to know which Ismaili official publisher I should contact. I live in Ontario. Thank you.
agakhani

Please take the permission first.

Post by agakhani »

Good idea Prince, I think first you need to contact with Ismaili Tariqa Board and ask for their permission, please do not publish any book without their permission.
About the publishers, Tariqa Board will assist you. If you want to publish in Gujarati, Hindi or Urdu please let me know I know some publishers from India but you need to take permission first. Good Luck.
prince_visram

Re: Please take the permission first.

Post by prince_visram »

agakhani wrote:Good idea Prince, I think first you need to contact with Ismaili Tariqa Board and ask for their permission, please do not publish any book without their permission.
About the publishers, Tariqa Board will assist you. If you want to publish in Gujarati, Hindi or Urdu please let me know I know some publishers from India but you need to take permission first. Good Luck.
Thank you very much, and yes I will not (for sure) publish anything without the permission of the Tariqa Board. Where can I find the phone number for the Tariqa Board in Toronto? Thank you again.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

agakhani wrote:Good idea Prince, I think first you need to contact with Ismaili Tariqa Board and ask for their permission, please do not publish any book without their permission.

Why Tariqah Board?

Tara Rani and Harischandra are figures from Indo Sub Pak Mythology - and as the current mindset of the Tariqah Board - they are not 'ismaili' or 'muslim'.

and there is something called the freedom of speech in the west.

shams
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

ShamsB wrote:

Why Tariqah Board?

Tara Rani and Harischandra are figures from Indo Sub Pak Mythology - and as the current mindset of the Tariqah Board - they are not 'ismaili' or 'muslim'.

shams
Thank you for your reply, however I am (in the book) connecting the connection of how they were related to Ismailism, and verses from Ginans will be present. I hope you understand what I mean :) Thank you once again.

** and Tara Rani was following the Satpanth Religion **

'Satpanth' is a subgroup of (but not separate from) Nizari Ismailism, Ismaili Sufism formed by converts from Hinduism who were inspired by Pir Imam Shah, one of the authors of the Ginans.

Source: http://www.viswiki.com/en/Satpanth
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

ShamsB wrote:

Why Tariqah Board?

shams
You are absolutely right Shams that Tara Rani and Raja Harichandra are figures from Indo/Pak sub mythology but one freind of mine tried to publish an Ismaili Monthly magazine long time ago but he was denied the other was baned to circulate his already published books in social Jamati gathering therefore I advised Prince to get permission first.
panjwaniamir

Where to publish Ismaili book (Ginan Related)

Post by panjwaniamir »

I am sure these people will help and will be able to pubilished your book.

Association for the Study of Ginans
email: studyofginans(at)yahoo(dot)com

Please email them on the above adress.

Kind regards