Angels

Discussion on doctrinal issues
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The Lady in the Library
While waiting for a summer storm to pass, I chatted with a woman who gave me a clue to a lost but cherished heirloom.
By Patricia Riddle Gaddis

It was a summer day with a menacing sky that threatened severe thunder storms. I’d been running errands all day and had hoped to make it back home before the rain, but lines at the post office and grocery store were longer than usual, and the tourist traffic in my small mountain town was bumper to bumper. Dropping by the public library was the last thing on my “to do” list. I was tempted to put it off, but the books that I wanted had been on reserve for more than a week.

Just as I was ready to exit the library with my books in hand, a loud clap of thunder shook the windows and the power went out. I glanced out of the windows to see the rain coming down in diagonal sheets. Lightning and thunder seemed to compete with the furious wind, swaying the electric and telephone wires. Trees waved their branches back and forth in the air, looking as though they might snap at any moment. I decided to sit in the lobby to wait out the storm. In the darkness, the library had become quieter than usual, with librarians speaking in hushed tones and stamping books.

Suddenly, I thought of the sheets I’d left hanging out on the clothesline. They would be soaking wet when I got home. Having a clothesline took me back to long, hot nostalgic childhood summers when my grandmother and I would hang the laundry in her backyard, very early in the morning, and then rush out to quickly bring them inside at the first sign of an afternoon storm. Although my grandmother had passed on decades earlier, I still thought of her almost everyday and missed her. Earlier that same day, I’d read in the paper that Hillary Clinton would be running for president, and I remembered how my grandmother was such an advocate for women’s rights.

As I was thinking about these things, I noticed a woman gazing out of the lobby doors, as though waiting for a ride. Where had she come from? I wondered. She hadn’t been there when I sat down in the darkened lobby, but then I shrugged it off. After all, I had been deep in thought and looking out the window. Her hair was snow white, in a neat coil at the nape of her neck, and she stood very straight, with her shoulders back. I almost gasped aloud as she turned around and looked at me. She bore a striking resemblance to my grandmother. Her demeanor was calm and she wore a neat little navy blue dress and a red print scarf that reminded me of something from the 1920s.

She walked over and took a seat directly across from me. The subtle scent of roses filled the air and I immediately noticed her sparkling wire-framed glasses. They were very similar to the ones my grandmother wore. I had always loved my grandmother’s glasses! Although she wore this particular style of frames long before Harry Potter was created, a child I suspected that her sparkling specs might have carried a bit of magic. Once, when I hinted at this possibility, she just laughed. She told me that someday I could have her glasses, and if there was any magic left in them, I could use it as I saw fit. When my grandmother passed away, I wanted her glasses as a keepsake but, in the whirlwind settlement of her estate, they were misplaced.

The lady and I made polite conversation and she asked if I was waiting for a ride. I told her that I was waiting for the storm to subside so that I could walk out to my car. She laughed, telling me that I sounded like a sensible young woman. I told her that she bore a striking resemblance to my late grandmother and she seemed very pleased to hear this. I also told her about my grandmother’s glasses—how she promised them to me, but they were misplaced. I also mentioned that my grandmother had been strongly influenced by the writings of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, preeminent advocates of women’s rights. Grandmother strongly believed that women should be allowed to excel in business, hold political positions, and reap the same opportunities that were reserved for men.

“I agree with her wholeheartedly. By the way,” she asked, leaning slightly forward in her chair, “did your grandmother wear hats?”

“Oh yes,” I said. “She never left the house without wearing a hat and gloves."

“Look in one of her hatboxes for the glasses,” she said. “I just feel very confident that you will find them there.”

I was stunned by her suggestion. I couldn’t remember whether or not I had any of my grandmother’s old hatboxes, but I promised to take a look when I got home. I also told her that the clothesline would be ruined in this terrible storm.

“Oh, I doubt it,” she said, with twinkling eyes. “Storms have a way of skipping certain things altogether. Sometimes, during a hurricane, everything in a neighborhood will be destroyed while one of the houses will remain with the porch furniture untouched.

“Would you like a ride somewhere?” I asked, seeing that the rain had almost stopped.

“That would be very sweet of you, my dear” she said.

I asked her to wait for me at the door while I pulled the car around to pick her up. It was still sprinkling rain, and I noticed that she did not have an umbrella. As I walked to my car, I glanced back and she smiled and raised her hand in a wave. So much like my grandmother, I thought, as I jumped into the car. As I drove up to the entrance, I didn’t see her anywhere so I beeped my horn. She didn’t come out. Finally, after waiting a minute or two longer, I turned off the engine and hurried into the library to get her. The power was now back on and I looked carefully throughout the library, but she was nowhere to be found. I asked one of the librarians if she had seen the lady that I’d talked with for over an hour.

She seemed puzzled.

“I saw you sitting there in the lobby during the storm,” she said, “and I heard you quietly talking, but I didn’t see anyone else there with you. In fact, I thought you were talking to someone on your cell phone.”

I walked out of the library in shock. When I arrived home, I hurried into the backyard, my clothesline was dry! I remembered what the lady at the library had said about storms as I took my clothes into the house.

Later, that same day, I was rummaging through my closet and I happened to notice a big box that was sitting on the top of my closet shelf. Curious, I pulled it down, dragging it over to the bed. To my surprise, inside the cardboard box there was a lovely old hat box wrapped in tissue paper. I opened it reverently and the fragrance of rose perfume staggered my senses as I looked through the items that had belonged to my grandmother— a pair of silk gloves, some hair combs, and several brooch pins. Then, a chill went down my back as I discovered, in the bottom of the box, a red print silk scarf exactly like the one that my friend in the library had been wearing! The scarf was wrapped neatly around a small case. My heart was beating with excitement when I opened it to find my grandmother’s glasses in excellent condition, though she had died thirty twenty five years earlier. I was stunned.

Was the lady at the library an angel or was she my grandmother herself, coming back to give me comfort when I needed it? Perhaps someday, after my life has ended on this planet, I will cross over into that other dimension and my grandmother will sit down with me. Until then, I will cherish the glasses and the little red scarf, knowing angels, archangels, and all the company of heaven (with my grandmother at the helm) is cheering me on.

Patricia Riddle Gaddis is a Beliefnet reader who lives in West Virginia. She is the author of two books, 'Battered But Not Broken: Help for Abused Wives and their Church Families' and 'Dangerous Dating: Helping Young Women Say No To Abuse.' Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

A Sweet Taste of Heaven

My daughter loved watermelon, and the fresh taste of summer helped buoy her when she was diagnosed with cancer.
By Susan Foshee

from Angels

Denise loved watermelon. As a little girl she couldn’t get enough of it come June. Her father and I always had to keep an eye on her and those sticky black seeds. Denise was known to spit them at her brother and sister when we weren’t looking. “Denise!” I’d scold when I caught her in the act. Denise would giggle and flash her trademark grin.

At 16 Denise had lost none of her mischievousness. Not even when she was diagnosed with cancer. She had a kidney removed, then radiation treatment. My heart broke, but through it all Denise put up a brave front. The cancer came back, and exploratory surgery was our next course of action. I dreaded what it might reveal. “I’m not afraid,” Denise kept insisting. “I know God is with me.”

As playful and fun-loving as Denise was, she had a deep, serious faith. We went together to the revival at our church just before her surgery. I hoped the visiting minister would have fresh words of reassurance for us.

Denise and I sat down and the minister took the podium. He let a moment of silence go by before he began. “I don’t know exactly what heaven will be like,” he said. “But there’s one thing I’m sure has got to be there.” He looked from person to person. “Watermelon!” he said with delight. “Sweet, juicy watermelon, fresh from the patch. When I get to heaven I’m going to have as much watermelon as I want.” Everybody laughed.

Denise nudged me with her elbow. “Me too,” she whispered. She gave me that grin. I frowned at the minister. Maybe he could make jokes about heaven, but I couldn’t. Not with us so unsure about the state of Denise’s health. Besides, heaven was a place to rest after a long, full life. Heaven was peaceful and serene. It was no place for a girl who still turned cartwheels out on our front lawn. God, she’s so full of joy. Please don’t take that from her. I had to force myself to sit through the rest of the meeting.

When Denise’s father and I took her to the hospital, we didn’t talk about heaven. We stuck to happier subjects. What we would do when Denise was better, the new football team at the high school, and the garden I was planning for the yard. Jack and I settled into her room. “We’ll be here when you wake up,” I told Denise as the orderly wheeled her away.

“I know, Mom,” she said, her grin wide even now.

After the surgery was over, the doctor met us in his office. Our worst fears had come true. The cancer had spread to Denise’s spinal cord. It was too far advanced to treat. “You may be able to take her home in a few days,” the doctor told us, “but she won’t have much time after that.”

I moved as if in a fog to Denise’s hospital room, where she was still sleeping off the anesthesia. I looked at her face, trying to memorize it forever, all the details, down to her pierced ears. That’s what she’d wanted for her sixteenth birthday. We went down to the mall and picked out her first pair of earrings, small pink gems. Could it really have been only seven months ago? God, I don’t know if I can ever begin to accept what’s going to happen. I couldn’t even think it.

Slowly, Denise came to, groggy at first. I sat with her into the night. We talked about little things. She dozed on and off. “You’re really going to start a garden, Mom?” she asked. I nodded, swallowing my tears. Denise would never see it bloom. I tried to picture her at peace high above the clouds. But that didn’t seem like my Denise! Denise played jokes, did somersaults, spit watermelon seeds. Would she be different in heaven? Would I even recognize her?

Denise’s gaze wandered through the room, but she was quiet. “Mom?” she said finally. “Do you see the angels?”

I looked around. “What do they look like?” I asked.

Denise’s face softened into her sweet, playful grin. “Really pretty.”

It was strange to think Denise was seeing God’s glorious angels and grinning like a girl who’d just gotten her brother right smack on the cheek with a watermelon seed. Then I remembered that minister, how he described heaven as a place full of joy and life, full of watermelon. Maybe he was on to something, after all.

Denise didn’t mention her angels again. She got weaker and weaker over the next 24 hours. We never got to bring her home. She died in the hospital three days after her surgery. It was springtime, the perfect time to start a garden. I got as far as spreading soil, but my heart wasn’t in the job.

One morning, I stood looking at the rich, fresh dirt. I imagined how the bed would look in full bloom. Hostas and ferns, perhaps. Impatiens of all colors. A garden bursting with life. Just like that lively heaven the minister had described. I wanted to believe that place existed. I tried to picture Denise laughing and joking as she’d done on earth. I was about to walk away when I noticed a thick green vine half hidden in the soil. Jack and the kids didn’t know what to make of it. We decided to wait and see what grew. Over the next few days leaves appeared and light yellow flowers bloomed on the vine. I didn’t plant this, I thought to myself when football-shaped melons showed themselves. Not just any melons, but the biggest, brightest watermelons I had ever seen.

We cut one open one night after they’d ripened and each had a slice. I reached for seconds, knowing somewhere in heaven Denise was probably joining us—and gaily spitting seeds at the angels. Why shouldn’t heaven be full of joy and laughter? How could it not be, with Denise there?

'A Sweet Taste of Heaven' by Susan Foshee, reprinted with permission from Angels on Earth Magazine. Copyright 2008 by Guideposts, Carmel, New York 10512. All rights reserved.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/234/story_23471.html

Do Angels Ever Help Good People?
If you have doubts that an angel is by your side, read how angels do help those who deserve it.

Have a question about angels? Email Bill Webber at angelquestions@beliefnetstaff.com.*

Find Out:
Where were my guardian angels?
Have I met a real, fallen angel?
Are angels ever jealous of humans?
Will medallions bring me closer to angels?
Is there really an army of angels in heaven?

Some enquiring minds want to know, “Where were my guardian angels? Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?” Many people are frustrated because they spend their time agonizing over these difficult questions while ignoring the equally important questions, “Why do good things happen to good people? And how do the angels help?”

In the book “Why Good Things Happen to Good People,” by Dr. Stephen Post and Jill Neimark, there is surprising evidence that a number of good things do happen to good people. A person doesn’t have to be a complete paragon of virtue to be the recipient of these good things.

“Good people” is the popular term Post and Neimark use in place of the technical and scientific term other studies describe as “generous givers.” Good people are those who:

help others grow
forgive
have courage
use humor with its healing power, connecting with joy
respect others by offering tolerance, civility, acceptance, and even reverence
respond with compassion by feeling for others
are loyal
listen offering a deep presence, which is the gift of caring
are creative, spontaneous, and joyful in the expression of life

Those who give unselfishly also make themselves more open to receive the grace and favor of God. They experience the truth of Romans 8:28: “God works all things together for good for those who love God.”

God uses his angels to work things together. We are most aware of this when an angel takes a form that can be seen by humans. Other times the intervention may be by “angels unaware,” or angels who appear as humans. More often, God’s angels are unseen as they work, influencing people and situations in ways that often go unnoticed. At other times they become apparent, sometimes in surprising ways, causing us to wonder, “Why did that good thing happen?”

See also:

When Good Angels Help Bad People
Angels for Better or Worse

Someone I recently met professes to be a "clipped" or "fallen" angel. He said he did something he wasn't supposed to do , but is now here trying to make amends and regain his wings.Can this be true? I have an open mind to many things and I am a firm believer in God, angels, miracles, the whole nine yards. I believe God puts people in our lives at just the right time for many reasons. I try to learn lessons from everyone in my life, and I try not to turn people away. I’m just not sure what to do in this circumstance.
- Ladshea

According to the Bible, the fall of angels happened only once in the past. The fallen angels are under the judgment of God. There never has been a “clipped” or “fallen” angel who comes to earth to make amends and regain his wings. After the fall, the holy angels have become confirmed in holiness and do not sin. There are no lessons for you to learn from this person.

See also:
Good Angels, Bad Angels
The Fall of Satan

There's a rumor that I've been hearing. Are angels jealous of the fact that we [humans] are able to be forgiven while they cannot?
- Bernadette Gee

Are the good angels jealous? No. The good angels, who wholeheartedly embrace the will of God, are delighted for us that God offers forgiveness to humans even though, for reasons unknown to us, God did not extend forgiveness to the fallen angels. The “rumor” that you have been hearing is based on 1 Peter 1:12. The Apostle Peter, after writing about how great our salvation is, wrote, “Even the angels long to look into these things.” Instead of being jealous, the good angels are merely puzzled that God’s love for us is so great.

Are the fallen angels jealous? Yes. Fallen angels are always frustrated and they are furious for any good thing that comes our way. This is especially true of our forgiveness. To say the fallen angels are jealous of us is a cosmic understatement.

Is it necessary to wear a man-made ornament, pendulum, or medallion depicting angels to get closer to them?
- Christine F.

Absolutely not! Do not believe those who tell you that you can attract angels through clothes, candles, certain colors, fragrances, flowers, movements, or dances. I color the nectar in my birdfeeder red to attract hummingbirds. A moth is attracted to a flame. But these are not to be compared to an angel. According to the Bible, angels are marvelous, magnificent beings far superior to humans in intelligence and wisdom. Their one consuming desire is to please God who created them to be ministering spirits. We misunderstand the greatness of these spirit beings if we think they can be manipulated by fragrances, flowers, colors, or religious items. In the Bible, there isn't a single time when angels appear as a result of the things listed above. If we were to summon angels in such a way, the Bible would certainly give us instructions on how to do it.

I know there are guardian angels and messenger angels, but where do people get the idea that there is an angel army?

God is called “the Lord of Hosts” or “the Lord of Sabaoth” over 200 times in the Bible. “Hosts” refers to the heavenly hosts or the angels, and the word in the original language is a military word. It literally means “army.” Similarly, “The Lord of Sabaoth” can be translated as “the Lord of Armies.” Indeed, some translations do: "This is what the LORD of Armies says..." (Zechariah 8:14, God’s Words Translation)

However, readers will not find “the Lord of Hosts” or “the Lord of Sabaoth” in the widely-used New International Translation (NIV) Bible. Does this mean that angelic armies are now missing in action? Not at all. In their effort to have a translation in clear and natural English, the NIV translators recognized that the phrases “the Lord of Hosts” and “the God of Hosts” have little meaning for most readers today. Instead, the translation became “the Lord Almighty” and “God Almighty.” Both refer to God as the commander-in-chief of heavenly armies.

Have a question about angels? Email Bill Webber at angelquestions@beliefnetstaff.com.*

William Webber is an American Baptist pastor and writer, coauthor of 'A Rustle of Angels.' He answers questions about angels from a biblical perspective.

*Because Dr. Webber receives a large volume of emails each week, he will be unable to answer each question personally. However, Beliefnet will do our best to select frequently asked and broadly relevant questions for him to answer in his future columns.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

My Angel of Mercy
After giving birth to my son, I was in extreme pain. A nun wearing a white habit trimmed in blue appeared to me....

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/234/story_23403.html
By Patricia Riddle Gaddis

Many years ago when my son was born, I experienced a difficult labor and delivery. After my baby was born, my blood pressure dropped so low the nurses were barely able to get a reading. I had to be hospitalized for several days longer than originally expected.

That first night I was in severe pain. I asked a nurse to give me something, but my doctor had not given the order because of my drop in blood pressure. As the night slowly advanced, the pain grew much worse and I was unable to sleep or get comfortable. As the pain swept over my entire body, I buzzed the nurse’s station several times, hoping that someone would contact my doctor. No one came to my room.

Finally, at around three in the morning, a nun wearing a white habit trimmed in blue appeared at my doorway. As she stood in the hall, with the dim hospital lights shining around her and outlining her long white habit, I remember she had the sweetest countenance.

“What’s wrong, child?” she asked.

“Sister, I am in tremendous pain. Can you help me?” I raised my head from the pillows.

“Have you asked your nurse?”

“Yes,” I replied, “but my doctor forgot to order pain medicine and she says I’ll have to wait until morning. Now the nurses aren’t answering my buzzer.” My head fell back down on the pillows.

“Just a moment,” she said. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“Please don’t leave me,” I cried out. “You are the first person that I have seen in several hours!”

“Don’t worry,” she reassured in a soft voice. “I’ll be back in just a moment. I promise.”

I wondered if she would return, but then I felt a strange peace in my heart that made me believe that she would honor her word. About five minutes passed and she returned, carrying a medication tray. Rolling up the sleeve of my nightgown, she gave me an injection.

“Oh thank you so much!” I exclaimed, as she placed a bandage over the injected area on my arm.

She smiled, pulled the covers up high around my chin, and placed her cool and comforting hand on my forehead.

“You have a beautiful baby boy,” she said.

“Yes,” I smiled.

“May you both be blessed,” she added.

I immediately fell into a deep sleep.

The following morning, when the day nurse arrived to check vital signs, my blood pressure had returned to normal. I told her about the wonderful nun who came to me in the night. She did not look up from her notes while I spoke.

“There is nothing in your chart about medications administered during the last shift,” she said. “Do you think that you might have been dreaming?”

“No,” I said. “She wore a solid white habit trimmed in blue."

For a moment, the nurse stopped scribbling as I pushed up the sleeve of my night gown to reveal the small round band-aid the nun had placed on my arm after the injection.

“Hmm,” the nurse said , returning to her notes.

A couple of days later, when I was discharged, a nurse’s aid wheeled my baby and me out of the hospital. As we waited for the elevator, I noticed a large, life-size statue of the Madonna in white flowing garments trimmed in blue. The statue had a sweet face that reminded me very much of the nun who came to my room. In front of the statue was a sign that read: Our Lady of Mercy.

“I didn’t notice that statue when I was admitted,” I said. “She’s beautiful!”

“Yes, she is,” the aid replied.

“There was a nun who came to my room one night,” I said, as she wheeled me down to the car. "She was dressed exactly the same. White trimmed in blue. It must be a special order of nuns who wear that color because I’ve never seen habits like that before,” I added.

“Really? Now that’s odd.”

“Why do you think it is odd?” I asked.

“Because all of the Hospital Sisters are away on Sabbatical. You couldn’t have seen a nun. Not during the day or in the middle of the night, so it must have been a regular nurse you saw."

Suddenly, I realized that I had experienced an angelic visitation or a visit from the Madonna herself. A warm feeling spread over me as I got into the car with my husband and baby--a feeling of being cared for by a power much greater than myself. As we drove away from the hospital, a lovely statue of the Madonna stood at the exit and just below her feet were the words: May you be blessed.

Patricia Riddle Gaddis is a Beliefnet reader who lives in West Virginia. She is the author of two books, 'Battered But Not Broken: Help for Abused Wives and their Church Families' and 'Dangerous Dating: Helping Young Women Say No To Abuse.' Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

A young man and I prayed for a sea lion stranded on the beach until a wild-looking man came to the rescue.
By Doreen Virtue

I was raised in the Christian Science church, a New Thought religion blending Christianity and Eastern mysticism. Growing up, I’d heard my share of taunts about my family’s religion. Some people even insinuated that my faith was un-Christian. I tried not to take such criticism personally, since I felt secure about my beliefs within my heart. Besides, after becoming an adult, I attended different churches, both traditional and nontraditional. Each place offered me something of value, but alone, none of them echoed my deepest beliefs. I did my best to see the divine spark of God within each person I encountered, regardless of whether that person shared my spiritual beliefs. Although people of various faiths pray differently from each other, I’d always felt that when we pray, we’re all drinking from the same water from which miracles spring.

A tiny baby sea lion helped me to really know that we are all one in spirit and that praying together unites our hearts in a powerful way. As I was walking on the beach near my Newport Beach, California, home, I saw a small brown animal as I neared a long row of rocks known as “The Wedge.” Soon I recognized it as a baby sea lion, and I saw that something was wrong with him.

I sat on the sand next to the sea lion. With his flippers, he pulled himself closer to my side. The little guy’s breathing seemed terribly labored, and I sensed his exhaustion and fear. I remembered that a large group of sea lions lived on a floating platform off the end of The Wedge. They were hovering nearby, looking toward shore where the baby was stranded. I assumed that the baby must have been separated from his mother. Intuitively, I placed my hands above the sea lion and visualized Christ energy coming in through my head, out of my fingertips, and into his tiny body. I prayed for assistance from Jesus and the angels.

Just then, a lifeguard rushed to my side. With a loud voice and abrupt movements, he told me that he’d telephoned an animal shelter to take the sea lion to a marine-life preserve in another seaside town. As he spoke, the sea lion rushed under the shelter of a nearby rock formation. The lifeguard’s intense and fearful energy obviously frightened the little animal. The lifeguard took out a stethoscope and attempted to place it on the sea lion’s chest. However, the animal hissed and barked as if about to bite. Embarrassed, the lifeguard walked away and mumbled that he’d go watch for the animal shelter truck to arrive.

I realized that something needed to be done. If the animal shelter took the sea lion away, he had little chance of ever reuniting with his mother. I fervently prayed to Jesus for help. As I prayed, the sea lion rejoined me and I continued to send him healing light through my fingertips.

I opened my eyes as a young man gently approached the sea lion and me. The man smiled at me as he carefully sat next to us. The sea lion peacefully remained lying on his side. I explained the situation to the young man, and he immediately understood that we needed a miracle if the sea lion was to be reunited with his mother before the rescue truck arrived. A man of faith, he agreed to join me in prayer.

The young man noticed the position of my hands as I prayed. I was still sending healing energy through my fingertips to the sea lion, and he asked, “Are you doing some sort of spiritual treatment?” When I replied, “Yes,” he explained that his mother was involved in nontraditional healing and so he recognized that I was conducting “pranic healing” on the sea lion.

When we went back to praying, the young man suddenly said, “Are you sure you’re praying to the real Jesus?” He looked at me with a combination of fearful judgment and compassionate concern.

I fingered the crystal cross around my neck and smiled at him reassuringly. “Oh, I’m very sure that I’m talking to the real Jesus.”

The young man smiled genuinely back at me, and said, “I guess it’s true that whenever two or more are gathered in his name, miracles can happen.” I agreed, and we went back to our joint prayers.

Time was running out, though. The animal rescue truck was surely on its way to retrieve the little sea lion.

Then a sound to our left suddenly made us look up. There, on the top of The Wedge, stood a man with long, wild gray hair. A blinding white light glowed around him, which made it difficult to see his facial features. He climbed down The Wedge rocks surefootedly. Since only an empty parking lot was on the other side of the rocks, it startled me to see him appear out of nowhere. The man didn’t say a word or look at us. We silently watched as he knowingly took charge of the situation. He grabbed a long piece of seaweed and tickled the sea lion’s belly. The sea lion protested but also moved toward the shoreline a few inches.

My young companion put up his hand, as if to question the older man’s actions, but I stopped him and said, “This is good. This is the miracle we prayed for.”

The old man continued to tickle the baby sea lion, who responded by inching toward the ocean water. Within minutes, the man had coaxed the little animal back into the sea. His task finished, the man walked away without looking at us or speaking.

The young man and I sighed as we watched the sea lion swim in the direction of the floating platform. Soon the little fellow was reunited with his family. We smiled as he swam away with them. Five minutes later, the animal shelter truck pulled onto the beach sand. My companion and I agreed that we’d witnessed a miracle. I then hurried to catch up with the old man and thank him for his kindness, but he shrugged off my attempts to compliment his actions. Instead, he waved me along with a smile that conveyed, “Go in peace.” I walked away from him thinking, This man is an angel. And silently I gave thanks for such a remarkable response to the loving prayers that the young man and I had offered together.

My life was becoming more peaceful, as I was learning to focus on the similarities that unite me with all people, regardless of their faith. It took a tiny animal to really show me the way!

I had learned from a sea lion that God hears all prayers and answers them in the most unexpected ways when we pray together from our hearts.

Meditation
In this mystical moment, could the miracle have also been about offering the opportunity for more understanding between Doreen and the young man? Do angel animals carry out divine assignments designed to heal?

From the book Angel Animals. Copyright 1999, 2007 by Allen and Linda Anderson. Reprinted with permission of New World Library, Novato, CA. www.newworldlibrary.com or 800/972-6657 ext. 52.
prhedst

Post by prhedst »

"A question arises regarding the angels who dwell with us, serve us and protect us, whether their joys are equal to those of the angels in heaven, or whether they are diminished by the fact that they protect and serve us. No, they are certainly not; for the work of the angels is the will of God, and the will of God is the work of the angels; their service to us does not hinder their joy nor their working. If God told an angel to go to a tree and pluck caterpillars off it, the angel would be quite ready to do so, and it would be his happiness, if it were the will of God."
- Meister Eckhart (Sermon, True Hearing)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

IIS Scholar Presents Paper at BASR Conference
November 2009

Stephen Burge, an IIS Research Associate, presented a paper at the Annual Conference of the British Association for the Study of Religions (BASR). The conference, which took place in Bangor, Wales from 7th to 9th September 2009, was called “Religion, Landscapes and other Uncertain Boundaries”. The attendees heard presentations on subjects ranging from Judaism to New Religious Movements, as well as a number of papers on themes in Islamic Studies.

Burge’s paper, entitled ‘Angels and Sacred Space in Islam’, looked at ways in which angels are used to create, denote and give authority to sacred spaces, as described in the hadith of Prophet Muhammad.

The paper’s main theme is that angels are used in Islamic tradition to blur the boundaries between heaven and earth, drawing the divine world into a more intimate relationship with the earthly. Dr. Burge discussed different ways in which angels are used to denote holy and unholy locations, focusing on a hadith collection of the late medieval Egyptian writer Jalal al-Din al-Suyuti (d. 1505 CE), a foremost hadith master, juristic expert, teacher and polymath. Dr. Burge also draws on earlier works for supporting material.

The hadith provide considerable information concerning Muslim beliefs about the relationship between angels and sacred spaces, among other things. In the hadith, angels are frequently used to designate and confirm the status of certain sites as holy. Dr. Burge’s paper looked at the different ways angels are used in Muslim traditions and texts to mark these places as well as exploring the idea of conferring of sanctity through angelic presence.

The notion of sacred space is not, however, limited to specific holy locations, as angels are also believed in the Islamic traditional material to support and gather around any Muslim who performs ritual prayers (salat). This suggests another aspect of sacred space, in which ritual action makes a locus holy. This means that all space can be sacralised, if only, sometimes, temporarily.

However, in the hadith angels are not only used to mark sacred spaces, but they also highlight the existence of non-sacred space, not simply profane or earthly spaces, but locations that are the antithesis of holiness, such as locations near idols.

The idea of sacred space in Islam has been given a great deal of attention, particularly the rites of the pilgrimage or hajj and the Ka‘ba itself. However, the role of angels in the ‘sanctification’ of these sacred spaces and rites has not been fully explored; which Dr. Burge’s paper has endeavoured to address.

http://www.iis.ac.uk/view_article.asp?ContentID=110707
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The following is a footnote in the commentary of Bhagavad Gita by Paramahansa Yogananda which reveals the nature, purpose and function of angels.

Saint Guthlac, a seventh-century monk and hermit, related on his deathbed his wondrous communication with a messenger of God, cited here as typical of the wisdom conveyed by the devas to advanced souls: "From the second year that I began to dwell in this hermitage the Lord has sent an angel to be my consolation and to speak with me every morning and evening. He has revealed mysteries to me which it is not lawful for man to tell. He has softened the harshness of my life with messages from heaven; and he has revealed distant things to me, putting them before me as though done in my presence." (Clinton Albertson, S.J., Anglo-Saxon Saints and Heroes, New York: Fordham University Press, 1967.)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Angels and Revelations of the Future in the birth, life and death of the Prophet Muhammad

VIDEO Interview at:

http://www.iis.ac.uk/content/angels-and ... t-muhammad

This lecture by Dr Stephen Burge explores aspects of the supernatural in Prophet Mohammed’s life, using material found in the biographies of the Prophet and in the hadithinfo-icon Literature. Dr Burge argues that the presence of angels and the supernatural form an important spiritual element within the narratives of the events in the Prophet’s life. He illustrates this using examples of events surrounding his conception and birth, the narrative of the first revelation on mount Hira, the Prophet’s night journey (isra’) and ascent (the mi‘iraj), and the stories about the Prophet’s death. These narratives highlight the Prophet’s interaction with the angelic world, showing the closeness of the divine and human worlds throughout his life.

More broadly, Dr Burge invites the audience to appreciate the significance of angels and revelation in the Prophet’s life from a religious and spiritual perspective, arguing that these phenomena are better understood as part of ‘Holy’ or ‘Salvation’ history, Heilsgeschichte, as opposed to the factual and political history of the world, Weltgeschichte - presenting examples of similar events from the Judeo-Christian traditions.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

'Angel' Caught on Camera in Stunning Image From Michigan

Video:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/an ... ailsignout

Video provided by FOX News

Has one photo captured a miracle of spiritual proportions?

The image out of Northern Michigan shows a glowing silhouette hovering above a pickup truck.

Local Fire Chief Glen Thorman says his home's motion sensor security camera snapped the photo last Tuesday. A second image shows the "angel" appearing fly away.

“I was just like, 'Woah!' I thought, 'That's an angel!" he told Inside Edition.

His wife, Rhonda, is taking the image as a sign her home is blessed.
shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

Are there any bad angels? If they are bad, can still they be called angels? Still Iblees (satan) is an angel, God has not withdrawn the 'title' of angel. Once an angel for ever angel. God still needs him and his cooperation. Iblees is friendly with humans. He whispers, there is only one life to live.
BAABAR BI 'AEISH KUSH, AALAM DUBAREH NEEST.

Iblees is very strict in his ethical values. He is friendly with me. When I ask him let us go to bar. He replied, I don't consume alcohol, these are humans who are involved in bad habits. It is Michael who ' daru pi ke danga karta hai '. I invited him, let us go to strip club. His reply was, I have no interest in women, that's why I am unmarried, by the way I am very busy. He reminded me, God is very smart, He is also unmarried.
All major religions are throat cuts, but Iblees religion is simple. There are no sects in Iblees's religion. No question asked, bearded or no bearded.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Angels record deeds of each soul

In the Shia interpretation of Islam, the role of the intellect is an important facet of faith. “Imam Jafar al-Sadiq reports a hadith which states that the first thing Allah created from His Light was intellect. Alongside the role of the intellect is the responsibility of individual conscience” (Secondary Curriculum, p 148).

Having been created by God, humans are accountable to Him for all their actions. He has given humans the ability to choose, but demands good acts from all. Believers are urged to be kind, to speak gently to people, and to be generous to the weak and the poor. The Qur’an frequently reminds humans that they are answerable to God on the Day of Judgement:

“On the Day when every soul will find itself confronted with all the good it has done, and all the evil it has done, it will wish that there was a great distance between itself and that [evil]. And Allah warns you of Himself and Allah is Kind to [His] servants (3:30).”

In the miniature from Aja’ib al-Makhluqat (‘The Wonders of Creation’), as companions and protectors of mankind, guardian angels have the special task of recording the works of humans in books and reciting their deeds on the Day of Judgement. With God’s permission, the angels may negotiate for humanity asking God to be merciful.

“Lo! there are above you guardians,
Generous and recording, Who know (all) that ye do (82: 10-12)

creation deeds
From ‘The Wonders of Creation,’ depicting two angels recording the good and evil deeds of each soul. Source: Markus Hattstein, Islam Art & Architecture

Gabriel angel
In the miniature from ‘The Wonders of Creation,’ on the Day of Judgement, according to the Qur’an, the angels Israfil (Raphael) will sound his trumpet while the angel Jibra’il (Gabriel) will call all souls and direct them to pass before God. Source: Pinterest

“Islam is all encompassing in the direction which it gives to man’s life…Islam, therefore, guides man not only in his spiritual relationship with God, it also guides man in his relationship with his fellow men and his relationship with the material world around him. It encourages enterprise, but warns that enterprise, without a social conscience, is not acceptable. It is in this respect, where Islam’s message applies to all aspects of man’s life, that he will be judged not just on what he does but the manner in which he does it.”
Mawlana Hazar Imam
Foundation Ceremony, Ismaili Centre Burnaby, Canada, July 26, 1982
Speech

Sources:
Islam – World Religion and Cultural Power, Islam Art and Architecture Edited by Markus Hattstein

Secondary Curriculum, Faith and Practice in Islamic Traditions, Volume I, The Institute of Ismaili Studies

Artistic depictions of angels at:

https://nimirasblog.wordpress.com/2019/ ... rce=Direct
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

With reference to Nimira's blog posted by kmaherali on Feb 28, 2019, I have a question.

Does a soul has to wait to be judged on doomsday. It is a looooooooong wait. It means persons at time of Adam are still waiting in line? What is the Ismaili belief on this subject? Other question is, after soul departs, still KIRAMAN KATIBEEN accompanied with soul and stay with soul or withdrawn by God?

Quran mentions about KIRAMAN KATIBEEN. The work of the kiraman katibeen (honorable scribes) is to write down and record every action of a person each day. One angel figuratively sits on the right shoulder and records all good deeds, while the other sits on the left shoulder and records all bad deeds.The Qur'an declares in Chapter 50 (Qaf), verses 17-18: "When the two receivers receive, seated on the right and on the left, man does not utter any word except that with him is an observer prepared [to record]."
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote:With reference to Nimira's blog posted by kmaherali on Feb 28, 2019, I have a question.

Does a soul has to wait to be judged on doomsday. It is a looooooooong wait. It means persons at time of Adam are still waiting in line? What is the Ismaili belief on this subject? Other question is, after soul departs, still KIRAMAN KATIBEEN accompanied with soul and stay with soul or withdrawn by God?

Quran mentions about KIRAMAN KATIBEEN. The work of the kiraman katibeen (honorable scribes) is to write down and record every action of a person each day. One angel figuratively sits on the right shoulder and records all good deeds, while the other sits on the left shoulder and records all bad deeds.The Qur'an declares in Chapter 50 (Qaf), verses 17-18: "When the two receivers receive, seated on the right and on the left, man does not utter any word except that with him is an observer prepared [to record]."
In esoteric traditions the Murshid purifies his murids in this life and perhaps in the astral worlds if required, hence judgement is ongoing and does not have to wait until the Day. He also bears the burden of the sins of his murids and takes them across. There is a Farman of MSMS which states that Murtaza Ali will hold our hands on the Day of Judgement.
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote:With reference to Nimira's blog posted by kmaherali on Feb 28, 2019, I have a question.

In esoteric traditions the Murshid purifies his murids in this life and perhaps in the astral worlds if required, hence judgement is ongoing and does not have to wait until the Day. He also bears the burden of the sins of his murids and takes them across. There is a Farman of MSMS which states that Murtaza Ali will hold our hands on the Day of Judgement.
Your answer created confusion. Nimira's article mentions about all human beings i.e about approx 7.5 billion human beings whether atheist or religious persons. Your answer is selective. You are taking in account only those who believe in esoteric traditions, followers of Murshid/Murshids. What about vast majority of non esoteric persons? Do you mean that on going judgement is only for esoteric people and rest of billions have to wait till day of judgement because they are without Murshids. You wrote,"He (Murshid) bears the burden of the sins of his murids". What kind of justice will be this that the Murshid should be punished for wrong doings of adepts?!
The Farman you quoted of MSMS does not mention of 'on going continous judgement', but as Murtaza Ali will hold hand on the DAY OF JUDGEMENT means the final judgement day.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Your answer created confusion. Nimira's article mentions about all human beings i.e about approx 7.5 billion human beings whether atheist or religious persons. Your answer is selective. You are taking in account only those who believe in esoteric traditions, followers of Murshid/Murshids. What about vast majority of non esoteric persons? Do you mean that on going judgement is only for esoteric people and rest of billions have to wait till day of judgement because they are without Murshids. You wrote,"He (Murshid) bears the burden of the sins of his murids". What kind of justice will be this that the Murshid should be punished for wrong doings of adepts?!
The Farman you quoted of MSMS does not mention of 'on going continous judgement', but as Murtaza Ali will hold hand on the DAY OF JUDGEMENT means the final judgement day.
The understanding of doctrinal matters evolves. The notion of angels recording deeds is the first level to encourage good deeds and to discourage evil deeds. As a person evolves spiritually, he realizes that judgement is ongoing and instantaneous, i.e., a person is punished by his deeds and not for his deeds.

The Murshid has the capacity to work out the sins of his murids, on the condition that the murids do not commit the same sins again. It is not a punishment for him. There is a ginanis verse which states:

"Nisi jal hove to kuchh kaar na aave" meaning

When a person is as pure as water, he is not affected by the influence of time.

Mansoor for example was not affected by the brutality of his death.

When Murtaza Ali holds the hands of his murids to take them across, they will by-pass the angels, because they will have been purified by Murtaza Ali, hence for them judgement is ongoing.
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: Your answer created confusion. Nimira's article mentions about all human beings i.e about approx 7.5 billion human beings whether atheist or religious persons. Your answer is selective. You are taking in account only those who believe in esoteric traditions, followers of Murshid/Murshids. What about vast majority of non esoteric persons? Do you mean that on going judgement is only for esoteric people and rest of billions have to wait till day of judgement because they are without Murshids. You wrote,"He (Murshid) bears the burden of the sins of his murids". What kind of justice will be this that the Murshid should be punished for wrong doings of adepts?!
The understanding of doctrinal matters evolves. The notion of angels recording deeds is the first level to encourage good deeds and to discourage evil deeds. As a person evolves spiritually, he realizes that judgement is ongoing and instantaneous, i.e., a person is punished by his deeds and not for his deeds.

The Murshid has the capacity to work out the sins of his murids, on the condition that the murids do not commit the same sins again. It is not a punishment for him. There is a ginanis verse which states:

"Nisi jal hove to kuchh kaar na aave" meaning

When a person is as pure as water, he is not affected by the influence of time.

Mansoor for example was not affected by the brutality of his death.

When Murtaza Ali holds the hands of his murids to take them across, they will by-pass the angels, because they will have been purified by Murtaza Ali, hence for them judgement is ongoing.

When a person is punished by his own deeds automatically then there will be no need of Kiraman Katibeen.

A Murshid can purify his follower but can not influence God to change His code of justice. Allah says, "FALAN TAJIDAH LI SUNNAT ALLAHI TABDILLA" means you will not find any change in Sunnat (principles, laws, tradition, justice) of Lord.

Again you are selective, favoring a selected group. The discussion is about 7.5 billions jiv, and around 90% do not believe in Murtaza Ali, What will be their fate?
What about the souls before the time of Murtaza Ali?

Murtaza Ali shall not break the rules of justice. Every one has to carry his/her A'MAAL NAMA and witnesses are Kiraman Katibeen. It is a general rule apply to all human beings.

Mansoor purified his soul that does not mean Lord withdrew Kiraman Katibeen from his life. Still he has to go through gate of justice.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: When a person is punished by his own deeds automatically then there will be no need of Kiraman Katibeen.
As I said understanding about the role of angels evolves in life. Kiraman Katibeen is the first level and then one realizes that judgement is in fact meted out in this life and not hereafter (perhaps there is residual left for hereafter). One is punished by the misdeeds in this life and hence is purified and elevated to experience the fullness of glory of the hereafter.
swamidada wrote: A Murshid can purify his follower but can not influence God to change His code of justice. Allah says, "FALAN TAJIDAH LI SUNNAT ALLAHI TABDILLA" means you will not find any change in Sunnat (principles, laws, tradition, justice) of Lord.
When the Murshid purifies his murid, he punishes him as well just as a teacher punishes his/her pupils, hence justice is meted out in this life.
swamidada wrote: Again you are selective, favoring a selected group. The discussion is about 7.5 billions jiv, and around 90% do not believe in Murtaza Ali, What will be their fate?
What about the souls before the time of Murtaza Ali?.
It is not about favoring any group, it is about the evolution of the understanding of the role of angels. Hence all people realize as they evolve, that justice really takes place in this life and perhaps if it is not meted out completely, then in the hereafter of whatever form.
swamidada wrote: Murtaza Ali shall not break the rules of justice. Every one has to carry his/her A'MAAL NAMA and witnesses are Kiraman Katibeen. It is a general rule apply to all human beings.
According to Ismaili tradition Murtaza Ali himself is the Judge.

"Awal akhar qazi tunhi tu" meaning "You are the first and last judge"
swamidada wrote: Mansoor purified his soul that does not mean Lord withdrew Kiraman Katibeen from his life. Still he has to go through gate of justice.
Mansoor elevated himself to God himself. What can the angels do to him?
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: When a person is punished by his own deeds automatically then there will be no need of Kiraman Katibeen.
As I said understanding about the role of angels evolves in life. Kiraman Katibeen is the first level and then one realizes that judgement is in fact meted out in this life and not hereafter (perhaps there is residual left for hereafter). One is punished by the misdeeds in this life and hence is purified and elevated to experience the fullness of glory of the hereafter.
swamidada wrote: A Murshid can purify his follower but can not influence God to change His code of justice. Allah says, "FALAN TAJIDAH LI SUNNAT ALLAHI TABDILLA" means you will not find any change in Sunnat (principles, laws, tradition, justice) of Lord.
When the Murshid purifies his murid, he punishes him as well just as a teacher punishes his/her pupils, hence justice is meted out in this life.
swamidada wrote: Again you are selective, favoring a selected group. The discussion is about 7.5 billions jiv, and around 90% do not believe in Murtaza Ali, What will be their fate?
What about the souls before the time of Murtaza Ali?.
It is not about favoring any group, it is about the evolution of the understanding of the role of angels. Hence all people realize as they evolve, that justice really takes place in this life and perhaps if it is not meted out completely, then in the hereafter of whatever form.
swamidada wrote: Murtaza Ali shall not break the rules of justice. Every one has to carry his/her A'MAAL NAMA and witnesses are Kiraman Katibeen. It is a general rule apply to all human beings.

"Awal akhar qazi tunhi tu" meaning "You are the first and last judge"
swamidada wrote: Mansoor purified his soul that does not mean Lord withdrew Kiraman Katibeen from his life. Still he has to go through gate of justice.

Kmaherali wrote:

Reply by Swami:
Angels are rigid entities and follows orders, there is no level of evolution in them. It is true many are punished for their misdeeds in life but more went scott free also. I have read (as you should have) stories about cruel kings, killer dictators, atrocities by powerful persons, rapists, murderers, looters, name it, they went unpunished in this world. According to natural law of justice they shall be punished hereafter. It is wrong impression that there is residual left for hereafter.

Kmaherali wrote:

Reply by Swami:
What kind of punishment a sufi or Imam gives to his follower? Can you confirm Hazar Imam gave punishment of 100 lashes to his murid for misdeeds or not following his Farman.

Kmaherali wrote:

Reply by Swami:
You wrote,".... if it is not meted out completely, then in the hereafter of WHAT EVER FORM", means there are chances of slipping away punishment in this world, but will be punished definitely in hereafter of whatever form. Can you clarify what kind of forms?

Kmaherali wrote:

Reply by Swami:
Al Ali being superior judge will do justice. It is not the question of only Ismailis but whole humanity. It is a wrong impression that by just saying Ya Ali Madad is a certificate of purification.

Kmaherali wrote:

Reply by Swami:
Mansoor never claimed he was Allah. If Swami says he is Karim, it won't be materialized both are different entities.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Reply by Swami:
Angels are rigid entities and follows orders, there is no level of evolution in them. It is true many are punished for their misdeeds in life but more went scott free also. I have read (as you should have) stories about cruel kings, killer dictators, atrocities by powerful persons, rapists, murderers, looters, name it, they went unpunished in this world. According to natural law of justice they shall be punished hereafter. It is wrong impression that there is residual left for hereafter.

Reply by Swami:
What kind of punishment a sufi or Imam gives to his follower? Can you confirm Hazar Imam gave punishment of 100 lashes to his murid for misdeeds or not following his Farman.

Reply by Swami:
You wrote,".... if it is not meted out completely, then in the hereafter of WHAT EVER FORM", means there are chances of slipping away punishment in this world, but will be punished definitely in hereafter of whatever form. Can you clarify what kind of forms?
Qadi al-Numan gives a very good explanation on these matters in:

Majlis 10 - SUBMISSION TO TH E DECISION OF THE IMAM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YzcaeE ... POT0W/view
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: Reply by Swami:

Reply by Swami:

Reply by Swami:
Qadi al-Numan gives a very good explanation on these matters in:

Majlis 10 - SUBMISSION TO TH E DECISION OF THE IMAM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YzcaeE ... POT0W/view
Qadi Nu'man has discussed the following topics in MAJLIS 10 adopted from translation named 'Code of Conduct'.

Obedience and submission to Allah, Prophet, and Imam.
Divine knowledge.
Pay the Amanat to Imam.
Punishment and Reward.

This particular article goes against the basic Tenet of Satpunth philosophy that Imam is god. Let me quote couple of paragraphs;

"The Imams understand them the best. For they see things by the Noor of Allah and issue orders according to His INSTRUCTIONS".

"And He has made them (Imams) His Vice Regents on earth after the Prophet". (there are many such quotations in the book Code of Conduct).

The last paragraph which discusses the punishment and rewards reads," O Momins, you must know Allah does not inflict punishment through Imams".
It clearly shows Imam is not authorized to impose punishment on any one.

Allah is owner of Universe, He is Lord of all kinds of creation. He is Rahim wa Rahman. He can forgive any human being or punish him/her. My innocent question is; Should He forgive a rapist, a murderer, a cruel person, count on there are hundreds of offences, felonies ,and according to His book many sins. Will He forgive Kings, Commanders, Dictators on whom orders thousands or millions killed for nothing. There are many stories they died peacefully, where as the innocent persons who lived pious life, remembered Him did good deeds and helped fellow human beings suffered a lot, question is what kind of this justice is? I have seen sufferings of good persons in the community and out side community living under miserable conditions. Look at kids in 3rd world countries collecting food from dumpsters to fill their belies.
What about those women who sell their bodies to have food for children in African, Asian, and middle East countries. Is this suffering punishment from God!!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Allah is owner of Universe, He is Lord of all kinds of creation. He is Rahim wa Rahman. He can forgive any human being or punish him/her. My innocent question is; Should He forgive a rapist, a murderer, a cruel person, count on there are hundreds of offences, felonies ,and according to His book many sins. Will He forgive Kings, Commanders, Dictators on whom orders thousands or millions killed for nothing. There are many stories they died peacefully, where as the innocent persons who lived pious life, remembered Him did good deeds and helped fellow human beings suffered a lot, question is what kind of this justice is? I have seen sufferings of good persons in the community and out side community living under miserable conditions. Look at kids in 3rd world countries collecting food from dumpsters to fill their belies.
What about those women who sell their bodies to have food for children in African, Asian, and middle East countries. Is this suffering punishment from God!!
Qadi Nu'man says in the chapter:

Similarly the 'momins' are made to suffer in this world and very often they do not know the causes of their sufferings. God says "Whatever calamity befalls you is the result of your own doings. A greater part of your faults has already been forgiven by God." The Prophet says "What-ever you have been saved from is more than what you suffer." Once people said to the Prophet "According to the Quranic verse that "He who does evil will be requited for it " if we are punished in the next world for every wrong thing that we do here, we shall be ruined.' The Prophet said in reply "It is not as you think. Do you not suffer in this world in one way or the other ? Do you not ail ? Are you not put to grief ? Does not calamity befall you?" They said 'Yes, O the Prophet of God." He said "Yes. This is the way in which you are requited here."
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: Allah is owner of Universe, He is Lord of all kinds of creation. He is Rahim wa Rahman. He can forgive any human being or punish him/her. My innocent question is; Should He forgive a rapist, a murderer, a cruel person, count on there are hundreds of offences, felonies ,and according to His book many sins. Will He forgive Kings, Commanders, Dictators on whom orders thousands or millions killed for nothing. There are many stories they died peacefully, where as the innocent persons who lived pious life, remembered Him did good deeds and helped fellow human beings suffered a lot, question is what kind of this justice is? I have seen sufferings of good persons in the community and out side community living under miserable conditions. Look at kids in 3rd world countries collecting food from dumpsters to fill their belies.
Qadi Nu'man says in the chapter:

Similarly the 'momins' are made to suffer in this world and very often they do not know the causes of their sufferings. God says "Whatever calamity befalls you is the result of your own doings. A greater part of your faults has already been forgiven by God." The Prophet says "What-ever you have been saved from is more than what you suffer." Once people said to the Prophet "According to the Quranic verse that "He who does evil will be requited for it " if we are punished in the next world for every wrong thing that we do here, we shall be ruined.' The Prophet said in reply "It is not as you think. Do you not suffer in this world in one way or the other ? Do you not ail ? Are you not put to grief ? Does not calamity befall you?" They said 'Yes, O the Prophet of God." He said "Yes. This is the way in which you are requited here."
My question is not particularly about momins but about all human beings. We cannot dub 6/7 or 10/12 years old as momins. Then, why God is not giving them a nice, decent, and healthy life. Do they not deserve a good life from God? Is this a kind of suffering that they collect rotten and filthy food from dumpsters for lively hood. Or the women and young girls to sleep with strangers to get few bucks for food for themselves and other family members. Is this called sufferings or punishment? How can I justify such acts of God? Why He keeps sending millions of poor souls every day when He knows there is shortage of food and water on planet Earth. Why is there collective punishment?
Say Swami is a bad guy or a criminal. In worldly court he is given charge sheet by prosecutor and given chance to accept or reject charges. But in worldly sufferings or punishment God is not giving charge sheet but issue orders for punishment. How come Swami knows why is he been punished. He has to take beatings without knowledge of criminal act or sin so that he prevents repeating of same bad act. Human beings are puppets in hands of God. We can fight with God but can not win. He is the law, He is the judge, He is the prosecutor, and carry out the punishments.
DUNYA MEY AAEI(N) HAI(N) TOU JEENA HI PARREGA........
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: My question is not particularly about momins but about all human beings.
I think although momins are mentioned, the guidance and understanding is meant for everyone. References are made to the Qur'an and the sayings of the Prophet which are applicable to everyone. Everyone goes through hardships and calamities, hence the guidance is applicable to everyone.
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

Pir Sadardin said:

JO WAWSHO SO LUN(N)SHO
TE AA SUNSARIYA MAHEI(N) JI

This is applicable to all human beings, be a true momin or a fake so called momin, Ismaili or non Ismaili or any one.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Experience Your Angels (Free Virtual Event)

Dear Karim,

Angels are pure, divine, spiritual beings of light whose purpose is to love and support you. They’re with you every step of the way on your life’s journey. Whether you’re looking for energetic protection, guidance on a challenging question, or maybe just a touch of encouragement, your angels are by your side to offer signs, answers, and assistance—in every single moment.

So, how do you tune in to this very special connection?

Kyle Gray

That’s what world-renowned angel expert Kyle Gray will teach you in Connect with Your Angels for Guidance and Protection—a FREE virtual event, starting on Tuesday, February 1 https://experience.hayhouseu.com/certif ... M0NTc1NAS2 . Over the course of three powerful webinars, Kyle will reveal how you can develop an amazing relationship with your angels—and connect with them in a way that empowers you every day.

If you’ve been lucky enough to learn from Kyle in the past, then you know what a fun, dynamic, and insightful spiritual teacher he is. He’s been working with his angelic guides for over 20 years, and he’s dedicated his life to sharing love, healing, and support from the angels. So join Kyle now for this exciting event to learn simple yet powerful practices to bring angelic light and love into your life!

Join Kyle Today https://experience.hayhouseu.com/certif ... M0NTc1NAS2

We’re all spiritual beings.

All of us—yes, even you—have limitless spiritual potential. You have the potential to develop a profound relationship with the angels. It’s all about cultivating your innate abilities, so you can open yourself to their presence and guidance.

Whether you already have a loving relationship with your angels or you’re just starting out, this three-part webinar series will help you learn to work with your angels for energetic protection and spiritual guidance.

Kyle will teach you:
- Simple yet powerful practices for energetic protection and personal growth.
- How your angels can help you move past anything that’s holding you back.
- How to build a relationship with your guardian angel like never before.
- The meaning behind the signs and messages being sent by your angels.
- How to receive guidance from your angels through meditation and prayer.

Save My Seat

https://experience.hayhouseu.com/certif ... M0NTc1NAS2

Give yourself the gift of angelic guidance and protection, and discover how connecting with your angels can transform every aspect of your life.

Best wishes,
Your friends at Hay House
kmaherali

This angel appeared in my room while I was working with a client…

Post by kmaherali »

I’m still processing this experience; I was awestruck seeing this on my ceiling while doing a session with a client! This angel sent me a rush of unconditional love that lasted for hours. I was floating in divine awareness of how truly loved we are and how closely these loving spirits watch over us. I cried and laughed and said thank you thank you thank you….

https://careerintuitive.org/this-angel- ... -a-client/
kmaherali

Re: This angel appeared in my room while I was working with a client…

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:51 pm Image

I’m still processing this experience; I was awestruck seeing this on my ceiling while doing a session with a client! This angel sent me a rush of unconditional love that lasted for hours. I was floating in divine awareness of how truly loved we are and how closely these loving spirits watch over us. I cried and laughed and said thank you thank you thank you….

https://careerintuitive.org/this-angel- ... -a-client/
THE FOLLOWING DAY I HAD MY SCHEDULED CAT SCAN TO MONITOR THE GROWTH OF AN ANEURISM IN MY ASCENDING AORTA. IT'S SHRINKING! "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE" SAYS THE DOCTOR! BUT WE KNOW ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH HELP FROM THE DIVINE REALMS!
kmaherali

Re: Angels

Post by kmaherali »

MESSAGE FROM THE ANGELIC REALM COUNCIL ABOUT CHAOS & COMFORT IN THE WORLD TODAY - FROM SUE FREDERICK

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFH2X3HOV3E

Transcript:
hello my beloveds this is Reverend Sue Frederick and I have a message from the Angelic realm Council for us today let's take a breath we are often asked about the meaning of statements that come to comfort you from the higher Realms you may have heard Angels or divine beings comforting you with the words of all will be okay and yet you look around the earth realm and you see all of the problems in the humanity realm everything humans are facing today and you ask is that just a platitude to tell us that all will be okay how can things be okay when there is so much chaos in the earth realm today and this is our answer.

if something is for you it will be for you for your highest good for your growth something your soul has planned and delicately maneuvered to affect you in just the perfect way way for your Soul's growth the only purpose of your lifetime is your inner growth your Soul's wisdom so when you look outside of yourself at the chaos do not internalize that do not believe that that chaos has anything to do with what's going on inside of you instead you externalize your inner peace your inner wisdom your inner knowingness what we mean by this is you project out to the chaos that you see in the world you project your inner higher self wisdom your prayer support your comforting words your Insight any words that lift other humans from the negative human limited view and lift them into their souls wisdom is healing work and you have that ability within your hearts all of you do and yes Humanity needs more humans to be speaking from that place of wisdom and comfort uplifting ideas vibrations frequency shifts all of that is what is going to solve the chaos the frequency shift is everything on Earth we will happily lift you up to a higher frequency so that you can bring the words the ideas the concepts the energy the thoughts the feelings to the world that is needed so how do we lift you up simply ask us to call out to us whenever you remember it whenever you're in pain say please Angelic realm please lift my heart into a higher frequency of love so that I may offer the words the energy the thoughts the work the vibration to the Earth world that will shift it in exactly the way Humanity needs it to shift and other than that please remember that if it is not for for you it will not be of you which means focus on the steps in front of you focus on what you can do to bring your gifts to the world to bring your heart to the world to be courageous and that is what you are here to do ignore the chaos and project Your Love wisdom and compassion out to the world and so it is thank you
swamidada

Re: Angels

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:19 pm MESSAGE FROM THE ANGELIC REALM COUNCIL ABOUT CHAOS & COMFORT IN THE WORLD TODAY - FROM SUE FREDERICK

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFH2X3HOV3E

Transcript:
hello my beloveds this is Reverend Sue Frederick and I have a message from the Angelic realm Council for us today let's take a breath we are often asked about the meaning of statements that come to comfort you from the higher Realms you may have heard Angels or divine beings comforting you with the words of all will be okay and yet you look around the earth realm and you see all of the problems in the humanity realm everything humans are facing today and you ask is that just a platitude to tell us that all will be okay how can things be okay when there is so much chaos in the earth realm today and this is our answer.
Do Reverend has a message from Angelic realm for poor Gazans and Palestine people? 30000 killed, 70000 injured. No running water, no food, no medicines, 75% displaced. Where is God and Angels?