Biggest JK Of the world

Ismaili monuments, places to visit etc..

Biggest JK Of the world

Post by Guest »

<P>I Want To Ask That Which Jamat Khana IA the Biggest Jamat Khana Of The World?</P>
shamsu

Dil

Post by shamsu »

The one we carry around with us all the time, Our heart.

Re: Biggest JK Of the world

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:<P>I Want To Ask That Which Jamat Khana IA the Biggest Jamat Khana Of The World?</P>
Probably Garden JK in Karachi, Pakistan...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Anonymous wrote: Probably Garden JK in Karachi, Pakistan...
What is its capacity..just approx?
Sooper

Post by Sooper »

Darkhana and Karimabad ..
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Which Karimabad Jk? The one which is in Mumbai or that of Karachi and which Darkhana Jk?
duniyaa

Post by duniyaa »

star_munir wrote:Which Karimabad Jk? The one which is in Mumbai or that of Karachi and which Darkhana Jk?

well garden jamatkhana in pakistan is biggest , karimabad in mumbai is not to big- andheri jamatkhana is biggest in mumbai.[/b]
Sooper

Post by Sooper »

I was talking about Karimabad Jk of Karachi
sheri

Post by sheri »

I think kharadar JK is bigger than Garden JK in size.

Population wise Garden Jk is bigger...

I am not sure.....could be wrong.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

kmaherali wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Probably Garden JK in Karachi, Pakistan...
What is its capacity..just approx?
The Following are my estimates from some 25 years ago observations and
Just so clarify some references that are not the same in that part of the word vs. North American standards. Their (Karachi) First floor is our Second floor and their Ground Floor is our First floor.
Garden as I can remember has 4 floors including the ground floor and the ground floor is just used for kitchen, shoes room (one for each male and female sides this is true for all JKs in Karachi), Rest rooms (just like shoes one on each sides), offices I am guessing for councils and other institutions and committees, at least two(men and women) grand stair ways to next level, and two auxiliary stair ways and at least 200-300 yards of open space between the men and women sides mostly used for over flow of shoes on special occasions. It is not well known to all is that councils do know how about the attendance of JK by keeping track of how many shoes are deposited in shoes area, that is where you can find out how large is the jamet. As far as I can remember the highest shoes token before the auxalirty areas are open was 5999 that is just on men's side and I imagine the same on women's side that gives you 12,000. With all top 3 floors at capacity it could easily house 20,000 at a time.
Karimabad, I think has 3 floors, again the Ground floor is similar to the Garden's the top two floors had the capacity of 15,000. Just keep one thing in mind that the roof of that JK is flat as oppose to Garden and Kharadar they have the onion domes on each sides, which gives Karimabad JK the ability to add another deck (floor) on.
Kharadar, I think had 4 or 5 floors the very top floor is used very very seldom, as I remember it is carpeted (could be Persian carpets) and I think is also air conditioned too (very rear for JKs in Karachi). The Ground floor also (used to) runs a canteen service during the day times. The capacity for the top 3/4 floors would be well over 25,000-35,000.

All three JKs had their jamets have ghetto names like:
Garden - Patel Para
Kharadar - Khada
Karimabad - Jungle
over time as people gained wealth they moved from Khada (Kharadar) to Patel Para (Garden East). Karimabad on the other hand was more of a middle class jamet where the most movements were to outer feeder Jks and communities such as Rahimabad, Salimabad, Aliabad, Haidery, Alnoor, MaghoPir, and the Gulshan Es There are just too many to remember.
Last edited by unnalhaq on Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Is there still pic of Hazrat Ali in Hassanabad Jk Mumbai?