Ali Allah

Discussion on doctrinal issues
nisfa

Ali Allah

Post by nisfa »

Is Ali Allah?
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

You should go and ask "Ali" himself this question...

Allah says in the quran...."the Beneficient One sits on the throne..."..."God's Hand is upon their hands"........"the ship was built under Our eyes..."....."whichever way ye turn you will see the face of God..."......Does God have all these "phyisical" concepts or attributes ? Can NUR (light) sit on a throne or have a face? or hands? or eyes and yet the Quran says that HE has ?

Lo! We have put on their necks carcans reaching unto the chins, so that they are made stiff-necked....do you know who these stiff necked people are?

Lo! We it is Who bring the dead to life. We record that which they send before (them), and their footprints.And all things We have kept in a MANIFEST IMAM.(12)

Coin for them a similitude: The people of the city when those sent (from Allah) came unto them; (13)

Imam as-Sadiq said: "The Earth is never devoid of the Imam: whenever the believers advance too far, he turns them back, and whenever they fall short, he completes them." (Al-Kulayni Al-Kafi 1:178)

Imam as-Sadiq said: "I swear by Allah, that the Earth is never devoid of the hujjah. He teaches the permissible and the impermissible, and calls the people to the Path of God." (Al-Kulayni Al-Kafi 1:178...so what is a Hujjah?

"Every Imam possesses the knowledge which is the base of the Faith of Monotheism.This knowledge is transfered from one Imam to the other, Light-upon-Light (Nooran-ala-Noor) until the Day of Resurrection.

Until the day of Judgment means what? it is not restrictive to any numbers ! it is NOT hidden but apparent and relative to mankind.

The Quran says...."Say [Prophet Muhammad]: this is my Path, I call [others] to Allah with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows after me...."...what is sure knowledge?

Several verses in the Quran speak about the "Light" of God and "Rope" - Imamat is a continuous chain (Hablillah) since Hazrat Adam, through all the Prophets including, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and after him through the hereditary Imams.....

The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said: "Verily, Allah, to whom belong Might and Majesty, has placed the progeny of each prophet into his backbone (Sulb), and He, Exalted, has placed my progeny into the backbone of Ali Ibn Abi Talib..."
(al-Tabarani)

The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said about Ahlul-Bayt:

"Do not be ahead of them for you will perish, do not turn away from them for you will perish, and do not try to teach them since they know more than you do!"

Narrated Umm Salama: The Messenger of Allah said:

"Ali is with Quran, and Quran is with Ali. They shall not separate from each other till they both return to me by the Pool (of Paradise)." (There are Sunni references also on the above)

6: 33 We know indeed the grief Which their words so cause thee: It is not thee they reject: It is the Signs of Allah, Which the wicked condemn...."..okay so which are the signs of Allah? ( remember "signs" is in plural)

In the "Tafsir al-Kabir",Fakhr Razi has related the said narration from "Kashshaf" and has said that based on this verse, Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn should be revered and sanctified.

He has also cited lines of verse from the Shafii' Imam, Muhammad bin Idris Shafii' (d 240 A.H.) in this regard.

A line of it is as follows: "If love for the members of the Household of the Holy Prophet is heresy, then the world should stand witness that I am a heretic."

Imam Shafii' says.."When I saw different schools of thought directing people toward the seas of ignorance and deviation, I boarded the ark of salvation in the Name of Allah.This arc is verily crystallized in the "ahl al-bayt" .

Among very famous traditions in which the "ahl al-bayt" have been resembled to the ark of salvation, reference can be made to the famous "Ishbah tradition" which has been narrated from the Holy Prophet (s) by Abu Hurayrah `Abdul-Rahman bin Sakhar (d 59 A.H.).

Mawaddat al-Qurba Tradition

Based on the consensus of the exegesists ("Jam`a al-Bayan" Tabari 16/25, 17; "Hilyat al-Awlia" 251/3; "Al-Mustadrak" 172/3; "Usd al-Ghabah" 367/5; "Al-Sawa'iq al-Muharaqah" 101), the following verse has been revealed about the members of the Household of the Holy Prophet (s):

"...Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives ..." 42:23)
Admin

Post by Admin »

One of the 99 names of Allah is Ali.

So asking if Ali is Allah is like asking if Raheman and Rahim is Allah ;-)
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

Good answer !

Also amongst these beautiful names of Allah, it is said that there is One which is the Great Name through which miracles are performed and desires are fulfilled....axcept the Prophet and the Imam e Zamana, nobody has knowledge of this "Ism e Aazam"...each name is distinct from the other in meaning and effect and each has it's own vibration and quality.

Most Sufi orders or tariqahs will have their respective "key word" which is selected from the beautiful names of Allah and such a word is known as "Isme el Zikr" or the name for remembrance !

In Sura al Hamd, Allah says..."to Remember HIM so that HE can guide mankind to the "Sirat ul Mustaqeem"..."

Such Remembrance must always be perpetual and daily and over and above the obligatory duties....now the question is ? do the majority of the muslims do this? the dictate about Remembrance is in the quran !

The problem is people are not reading the quran but they make felicitous claims that they follow the quran....mere verbal profession of faith is not sufficient....in any case the underlying intent to ask this question, obviously smacks of dubiety and fitna....but then ismailis aren't fools either - nor folklore - nor do they have a mechanistic approach as some misguided people seem to believe....

The Ism el Zikr for Ismailis is ALI....isn't Allah , Ali i.e. The Most High? the sublime ? the Exhalted ? HE is ! so this powerful name ALI has its own cause and effect...It is a Jalali word and by nature heavy, powerful, energetic, intense, authoritative, protective.....and so if others can use the names like say Al-Qahir; Al Jabbar ; Al Adl...then what hinders Ismailis from calling Al-Ali ?
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

I love the explanations on this page! :)

Something to add from our very own site...

The last two - three sentenses says it all... If you want the full extract, please go to this page and go to page 454..:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/files/The%2 ... 20Noor.pdf
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

WHAT HAPPENED AT GHADIR-E-KHUMM?

Tabarani and others have recorded the following tradition as related by Zayd ibn 'Arqam and transmitted through sources unanimously acknowledged to be reliable.

Zayd says that the Messenger of Allah, Allah's blessings and peace be upon him and his posterity, delivered a sermon at Ghadir-e-Khumm under a cloth spread as a canopy on two large trees. He said:

"O my people! I am going to be recalled shortly and I must comply. I shall be interrogated and you also shall be interrogated. What will you say then?"

The entire audience answered: "We shall bear witness that you did convey to us the message of Allah, and tried your best to guide us on the right path and always gave us good console.
May Allah bless you with a good reward."

The Prophet proceeded: "Why do you not bear witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, and that Paradise is true, Hell is true, Death is true, Resurrection after death is true, that the Day of Judgment will doubtlessly come and that Allah will raise to life the dead from their graves?."

They said: "O Yes! We bear witness to all this."

Then he said: "O Allah! You also may witness." Then he said: 'O my people! Allah is my Mawla and I am mawla of the faithful and I have superior right on and control over their lives. And this Ali is the mawla of all those of whom I am mawla.

O Allah! Love him who loves him and hate him who hates him."

He further said: "O my people! I will precede you and you also shall arrive at the pool of Kawthar, the pool wider than the distance between Basrah and San'a', and there are on the pool as many goblets of silver as stars. When you shall reach me I shall interrogate you about your behavior towards the two in-valuable assets after my death.

The major asset is the Book of Allah, the Mighty and Glorious, one end of which is in the hand of Allah, the Exalted, and the other end of which in your hands. Grasp it tightly and do not go astray and do not change or amend it.

The other asset is my Progeny, who are my Ahl al-Bayt. Allah the Gracious and Omniscient has informed me that the two will not part from each other before they reach me at the pool.

(now the Book is clearly mentioned...so it was EXISTING ! The Prophet said Grasp it ! They did not ! What did they do instead? They created their own TEXTS and called it the Quran....The Prophet had siad "do not change or amend it " They did by failing to "grasp" what the Prophet had left behind ! )

03. WHEN & IN FRONT OF HOW MANY MUSLIMS?

This Ghadir-e-Khumm event happened on the 18th of Dhil-Hijjah (1410 AH), in 10 Hijra in front of nearly one hundred thousand (100,000) Muslims. While returning from the last hajj (Hajjatul-wida / farewell pilgrimage) of our Holy Prophet (S.A.W.).

04. CONTEXTS

A). QURANIC EXEGESIS (Tafsir):

O Messenger! Deliver what has been revealed to you from your Lord; and if you do it not, then you have not delivered His message, and Allah will protect you from the people; (AL-MAEDA/5:67)

This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion; (AL-MAEDA/5:3)
One demanding, demanded the chastisement which must befall, The unbelievers there is none to avert it, From Allah, the Lord of the ways of Ascent.(AL-MAARIJ/70:1-3)

Allah had perfected islam after the declaration of Hazrat Ali !

B). PROPHETIC TRADITION (Hadith):

Imam Ahmad has recorded the tradition related by Bara' ibn 'Azib in his Musnad, vol.4, p. 281, transmitted through two different sources. Bara' says: "We were with the Messenger of Allah.

We alighted at Ghadir-e-Khumm. Congregational prayer was in order. An area under two trees was swept and cleaned for the Messenger of Allah, Allah's blessings and peace be upon him and his posterity. He offered midday prayers and he grasped the hand of 'Ali and said: '

Do you not know that I have superior authority over the lives of the faithful than the faithful themselves?'

'Yes you have,' they replied. He again inquired: 'Do you not know that I have superior right to the life of every believer than the believer himself?' '

Surely, you have,' they answered. Then he grasped the hand of 'Ali and said: 'Ali is the mawla of all those of whom I am mawla. O Allah! Love him who loves him and hate him who hates him.'"

Bara' ibn 'Azib says: "Then 'Umar came to 'Ali and said: 'Congratulations to you the son of Abu Talib. You have become the mawla (master) of all the faithful men and women.'"C).

HISTORICAL REPORTS (Tarikh):

Here we will just mention one instance which took place in Kufa during the khilafah of Imam Ali (A.S.), 25 years after the Prophet's death.
When at Ali's insistence a large number of people gathered in the plain of Rahbah in Kufah, he addressed them saying:

"I administer an oath in the name of Allah to all such Muslims as heard the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) making a proclamation on the day of Ghadir-e-Khumm, to stand up and testify what they heard him say.

Only those who saw the Holy Prophet that day with their own eyes and heard the proclamation with their own ears should stand up.

" Thereupon, thirty companions of the Holy Prophet(S.A.W), including twelve of those who had participated in the battle of Badr, stood up and witnessed that the Holy Prophet(S.A.W) grasped his (Ali's) hand and said to the audience:

"Do you know that I have a prior right to and superior authority over the souls (i.e., lives) of the faithful than the faithful themselves?" "O yes!" they said. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) then said: "He (Ali) is the mawla (i.e., has prior right to and superior authority over the lives) of all those of whom I am mawla.

O Allah, love him who loves him (Ali) and hate him who hates him." It is logically impossible that thirty companions might have secretly agreed to speak a unanimous lie. In addition to the thirty witnesses there were other male companions whom enmity with Ali prevented from standing up and giving their evidence as eye-witnesses, like Anas ibn Malik.

When Ali (A.S.) said to Anas:

"Why do you not stand up and testify what you heard from the messenger of Allah on the day of Ghadir?" he answered, "O Amir al-Momineen! I have grown old and do not remember.

" Thereupon Ali said: "May Allah mark you with a white spot (of leprosy) unconcealable with your turban, if you are intentionally withholding the truth." And before Anas got up from his place he bore a large white spot on his face. Thereafter, Anas used to say: "I am under the curse of a righteous slave of Allah.

Also bear in mind that this incident took place 25 years after the event of Ghadir Khum, and during this period hundreds of eyewitnesses had died naturally or in the battles fought during the first two khulafah's rule.

Add to this the fact that this incident took place in Kufa which was far fro
m the centre of the sahabas, Medina.

This incident which took place in Kufa in the year 35 A.H. has itself been narrated by four sahaba and 14 tabi'un and has been recorded in most books of history and tradition.

05. AUTHENTICITY

A). Consecutively naratted (Mutawatir)
B). Numerous Sahih versions
C). Dedicated treatisis by 26 authors (Most of them are sunnies)

06. NARRATORS

A). 110 companions of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)

B). 84 Successors (Tabiun)

C). Over 360 scholars to the present day (Most of them are sunnies)
1: Abaqat al-Anwar a book written in Persian by Allama Mir Hamid Husayn al-Musawi (d. 1304 AH) of India. Allama Mir Hamid Husayn has devoted two bulky volumes (consisting of about 1,080 pages) on the isnad, tawatur and meaning of the hadith of Ghadir.

2: Al-Ghadir in 11 volumes in Arabic by Allama Abdul Husayn al-Amini where he gives with full references the names of 110 sahaba of the Prophet and also 84 tabi'un (disciples of the sahaba) who have narrated the hadith of Ghadir. He has also chronologically given the names of the historians, traditionists, exegesis's and poets who have mentioned the hadith of Ghadir from the first until the fourteenth Islamic century.

07. A'MAALS FOR GHADIR-E-KHUMM

According to ahadiths received from Imams (A.S.), some of the a'maal (rituals) recommended for the day of Ghadeer are:

Rememeber the Ahlul Bayt by saying of Salawat as many times as it is possible.

ALLAHUMMA SWALLI 'ALAA MUHAMMADIWN WA-AALI MUHAMMAD
(O Allah, send blessings on Muhammad and his household).
Istighfaar (seeking forgiveness from the Almighty). Sins are forgiven and believers get salvation on this day the way it has been promised for the days of Holy Ramadhan and the night of Qadr.

Assist the needy amongst the believers. The reward for assisting today is 1000 times the reward for other days.
change786

Is Ali Allah

Post by change786 »

Why is the house of kabbah in saudi arabia called The house of Allah. Does Allah live there , Sleep there , No , Houses belong to Man only. And who is born in that house , Isnt it our first Imam HAZrat Ali born there. YES. Hazrat Ali is born in the house which is called the house of Allah .
arshad1988

Post by arshad1988 »

prince_visram wrote:I love the explanations on this page! :)

Something to add from our very own site...

The last two - three sentenses says it all... If you want the full extract, please go to this page and go to page 454..:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/files/The%2 ... 20Noor.pdf
Is this book considered an authoritative source, in that it reflects the views of Ismailism in general? Because I just glanced through it and read things I have never heard of before.
kandani

Post by kandani »

The book in question is rooted int he Indian Satpanth tradition of Ismailism which stems from the Ginans. This tradition is rich in symbolism and allegory and can be dangerously interpreted if one takes things at face value.

In my opinion, one should get a proper grounding in the Fatimid and Persian streams of Ismailism if one is seeking precision and very specific and concrete answers and perspectives.
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

Arshad,

"We have sent amongst you a Messenger from you (minkum) who RECITES to you OUR SIGNS and PURIFIES you and TEACHES you the BOOK (Al-Kitab) and the WISDOM (al-Hikmat) and TEACHES you that which you did not know.."(2:151) ....the key words here are "OUR SIGNS" (do you observe it is in plural and not singular?)...

Then SIGNS and the BOOK has been referred to separately and so there is a clear distinction made....

Plus and most importantly if the Prophet was already teaching from the Book (al-Kitab) and which he then passed on to his legitimate successor Hazrat Ali ibn Abi Taleb, then what you have is NOT the Book of the Prophet (referred to herein) but (a like thereof)....created for you by your ancestors and so what basis do you have to even now argue with those who are in gradation and holding onto to BOTH the TWO weighty and precious things?

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ANY INNOVATIONS OR BID’AH IN ISLAM.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR ANCESTORS AND (APOSTLE) PAUL?

PAUL MANIPULATED THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF JESUS AND YOUR ANCESTORS MANIPULATED THE TRUE MESSAGE OF ALLAH AND HIS MOST NOBLE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuhf).

IF YOUR ANCESTORS HAD THE AUDACITY TO INTERFERE IN THE DEEN OF ALLAH AND HIS APOSTLE, THEN WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE THEY DID OR HAVE DONE?.

It would mean making certain things "haram" which were originally "halal" and vice-versa....

OR Ordaining the holding of tarawih prayers in congregation...

OR
three divorces pronounced at one session declared binding......

OR Insertion of the formula "Prayer is better than sleep" in the call to the dawn prayer....

OR Formulation of the principle of qiyâs or judicial analogy......

OR
Giving salaries to your Imams and mu’adhdhins.....

OR giving stipends for the poor among the Jews and the Christians....

OR Persuading scribes to collect the Mushuf and compile the TEXTS (rejecting what Ali had offered to the Umma on behalf of the Prophet) and executing the compilation work even after many scribes had already died in wars.....standardizing the text and then ordering all other past codices to be destroyed etc etc.....

Simply stated it would then mean that anyone who believes you guys are drifting away from the original Islam as preached by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and his immaculate progeny) in the light of the Holy Qur’an and as per commandment of Allah and this then is a logical conclusion

The key word here is "wasilah" of Allah and so they are the Prophet (in his age) and the Imam e Zamana (in his time)...now the Mullahs with colour robes have not been mentioned anywhere ...or have they ?

"O ye who have faith! Do your duty to Allah, seek the means of approach
(al-wasila) unto Him, and strive with might and main in his cause: that ye may prosper."-
Holy Quran 5:35

So if I am to consider the above ayah, I would be apt to conclude, based on even your own assertion that you guys don't submit "completely" as you all claim that you have an unmediated relationship with God - the Exalted, contrary to HIS own dictate to seek the means of approach...

That is why you haven't heard many other things...now can the blind and the seeing be equal?
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

"I am the sign of the Most Hight,
I am the Gnosis of Mysteries,
I am the Door of the Doors,
I am the First and the Last.
I am the Manifest and the Hidden.
I am the creator.
I give birth to the world
and I destroy it as i wish.
I am the face of God,
I am the Supreme Kalam."

Hazrat Mowlana Ali (Peace be upon him and his progeny)
Reference: Book:- Khutbat al-Bayan
(From a total of 70 such declarations,
partially quoted in Corbin, H. "Historio
de la philosophie islamique",
Paris 1954, page 77.)
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

"...........What are you talking about? I didn't say anything NEAR what you replied about..."

"...Is this book considered an authoritative source, in that it reflects the views of Ismailism in general..." now when the Pir o Murshid says anything that is a "Hukum" and is not a general refelection but the dictate of the Olil Amr of the time....

I have shown you how you too have done the same...my response is to the point ! needs a functional brain to understand me and us ! and what we are saying !
arshad1988

Post by arshad1988 »

znanwalla wrote:"...........What are you talking about? I didn't say anything NEAR what you replied about..."

"...Is this book considered an authoritative source, in that it reflects the views of Ismailism in general..." now when the Pir o Murshid says anything that is a "Hukum" and is not a general refelection but the dictate of the Olil Amr of the time....

I have shown you how you too have done the same...my response is to the point ! needs a functional brain to understand me and us ! and what we are saying !
Go read the post over...READ before you post ignorant things which make no sense! I was referring to the book which was provided in the LINK, just as kandani understood
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

"...I was referring to the book which was provided in the LINK, just as kandani understood..."

Have you then read the book? all the 475 pages? let me know and I will then ask clarifying questions...otherwise you cannot make sweeping generalizations as the Book has certain quotes or dictates of the Pir o Murshid which disqualifies any generalizations of the type you make....rather it upholds my own argument, as made....now who is the ignorant here?
samirnoorali

One Ismailism not Two

Post by samirnoorali »

Dear kandani:

I thank you for your comments on the topic of Ali Allah. You mentioned that the book, Noor en Allah Noor, is rooted in the “Indian sathpanth tradition” which stems from the Ginans. Along with that you also advised that this tradition can be dangerously interpreted if one takes things at face value, and that one should rather take proper grounding in the “Fatimid and Persian Streams of Ismailism.”

Having said that, kandani, your division of Ismaili streams is not healthy. When you think of an Ismaili, be it Indian, European, Arab, African, or Persian, or what have you, the traditions may vary but the essence is still the same. There are no division that exists such as the Indian sathpanth tradition, or the Fatimid and Persian tradition as you have outlined. There is only one faith and that faith is something which we all have to accept.

The problem is that those who don’t come from a specific background tend to view the other tradition as foreign or taboo. That is a normal reaction. This is further complicated by a language barrier accompanied by a historical gap which I think you should pay careful attention to.

The Imam is the central focus of Ismailism regardless of any tradition or ethnic background. You follow the Imam just as any Ismaili would, and in that you will find no arguments. But where I think you need to correct yourself is that Imamat was never alone, neither during the time of the Prophet nor afterwards. Ali was the Imam of the time, and all Ismailis agree with that, but what we are missing is the concept of Piratan as the continuation of the Prophet`s Noor.

Kandani, Ali was definitely the Imam of the time, but Mohammad was also the Pir of the time. These two entities are part of the same Noor, but they split. Why did they split? It is a phenomenon much like having two parents instead of one. The point is that they split and have continued in that manner up to the present time. Mohammad was not the last Prophet in general, but the last Prophet of revelation. The first two being Moses and Jesus (exclude David for now).

Now, Ismailis from central Asia had missionaries such as Nasir Khusraw who brilliantly showed people to the right path but at the end of the day they were missionaries, not Pirs. A Pir is a name given, within Ismailism, to those individuals who bear the Noor of the Prophet. To be more blunt, the Pir is the Mohammad himself.

After Mohammad died Ali was not his successor in the literal sense. Ali was Imam and Mohammad was Pir, in this case a Pir cannot appoint an Imam. Only an Imam can appoint an Imam. So then what about Ghadir e Khum? Forget about the Sunni or Shia version of events. Let us correct this view according to Ismailism.

Mohammad did not appoint Ali at Ghadir-e-Khum literally, but rather declared Ali openly to the public for the purpose of consensus. Ali was appointed the Imam of the time by his father Abu Talib who until his death was the Imam of the time.

Ali appointed Hasan as the next Pir after the Prophet`s death. Although the term Pir was not used in Arabic, for the sake of simplicity I will continue to use that term.

This interpretation of history is as follows:

Abu Talib was the Imam of the time before the official establishment of Islam. Abu Talib appointed Mohammad as the Pir and asked him to deliver a message to the people about one God. The Arabs were to abandon their idols and false gods for an ultimate creator called Allah. The struggle was difficult but eventually it began to sink in.

Abu Talib had a son, Ali, who was destined to become the first declared manifestation of Allah in this new religion. When Abu Talib died Ali became the Imam of the time, but not openly. It took time for Mohammad to establish his doctrine, but when it was deemed complete he felt his last message was necessary. That is where Gadir e Khum comes in. Mohammad declared openly that Ali is the Imam for the entire Muslim population and that they must do his bayat. This resulted in a division in which certain individuals did not accept Ali`s authority and others did.

Upon Mohammad`s death Ali declared Hasan as the Prophet`s successor. Now, unlike the Imamat succession, the Piratan is not a direct lineage. Piratan can only be appointed by an Imam. Secondly, the Piratan can only come from the inner family of the Imam. Therefore, Hasan, Pir Noordin, Pir Sadardin, Pir Shams, Pir Hasan Kabirdin, Pir Aga Ali Shah, were all blood related to the Imam.

Nasir Khusraw was not a Pir because he was not appointed as such by the Imam of the time, nor was he blood related within the inner family of the Imam. He was an exceptional missionary, nothing more.

There have been 50 Pirs from Mohammad to Karim, the latter being the current bearer. The Ginans were written by individuals who listened to the Pir`s farmans and accordingly wrote the gist into poetry which would easily be remembered. So the Pirs and Ginans are not part of the Indian Satpanth tradition, they belong to all Ismailis regardless of language or ethnicity. If you are a Persian, Arab, European, Chinese, or any other Ismaili then Pir Sadardin is just as much your Pir as it is an Ismaili from Indian background. Just because Mohammad was preaching in Arabia doesn`t mean he only belongs to the Arabs. Even Persians accept Mohammad even though he was an Arab, spoke Arabic, and converted Arabs to Islam. Mohammad never paid a visit to Tehran or Kabul.

Similarly, Pir Sadardin was a Persian and he converted many races, predominantly the Hindus, but he was the Pir of the time to all Ismailis around the world.

It should also be added that Nasir Khusraw was himself a follower of Pir Noordin, since Nasir died in 1088 AD and Pir Noordin was travelling to India in around 1082 AD. No Ismaili could have carried out the work of a dai, as did Nasir Khusraw, without the approval of the Pir of the time. So by the permission of the Pir, Nasir Khusraw was allowed to convert and preach in his selected territory.

This gets me back to what you said earlier. Having understood this there can be no division such as Indian satpanth and Fatimid or Persian. We are all followers of the Pir, and we should all respect the Ginans because they are the teachings of Mohammad himself.

Now I understand that many Ismailis don`t understand Ginans because of the language, but also many Ismailis don`t understand Arabic and that doesn`t mean we shouldn`t understand the Quran. Having explained to you that Pir Sadardin was the Prophet Mohammed himself, then you should make an attempt to learn the meaning of Ginans. I didn`t say the language, I said the meaning. That meaning is for everyone. Even if you forget Nasir Khusraw, it is not a problem, but never forget the Pir and his sayings because that is lineage of the Noor.

Unfortunately, some Ismailis view Khojas as slightly domineering. Rightfully so, because they were given direct exposure to the Pir of that time. However, that doesn`t mean that the Pir was only exclusively for them. He was for everyone, as was his forefather Mohammad.

The Pir`s teaching can be summarized in this way:

La illaha illallah
Mohammad Rasulillah
Wa Amirul Mominin Ali sahi Allah

Sincerely,

Samir Noorali
kandani

Post by kandani »

Dear Samir Noorali

Everything you have posted above with regards to Imamat and Piratan - I actually subscribe to.

If you look at my posts on this forum since the last many years, I have discussed the concept of Imamat and Piratan extensively.

Thus, I do not bear any ill will to the Khoja Ginanic tradition or its concepts.

All I am saying is that it will be much easier for someone to understanding the terminology and symbolism in the Ginans and Khoja traditions if one first studies the Fatimid and Persian traditions.

One example - the concept of Piratan is discussed in Fatimid and Persian Ismailism as the concept of Hujjah (Bab) - and while the Ginans employ alot of allegorical symbolism (which can be hard to understand in the modern day), the Fatimid discourse is more philosophical and is articulated in a more precise rational language.

What the Ginans call Nur of 'Ali and Nur of Muhammad, the Fatimid philosophers call the Universal Intellect and Universal Soul.

Therefore, a young Ismaili would find it easier to ground themselves in Fatimid/Persian Ismaili traditions before approaching the great tradition known as the Satpanth. This is all I am saying.

While Nasir Khusraw may not be a "Pir" - the supreme Hujjah of the Imam - he held the rank of a lower Hujjah - of which there are 24 such individuals in any era - and this is the rank below that of Pir.

Something to add to your interpretation of Imamat/Prophethood:

While Abu Talib was the Permanent Imam and 'Ali succeeed him, Prophet Muhammad, in addition to Pir, was also the Entrusted Imam - that is he held the authority of Imamat in trust until he returned the deposit to the Permanent Imam - Hazrat 'Ali. This is why even during the lifetime of Abu Talib and 'Ali, Prophet Muhammad commanded direct authority and leadership over the community.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

kandani wrote:Dear Samir Noorali

Everything you have posted above with regards to Imamat and Piratan - I actually subscribe to.

If you look at my posts on this forum since the last many years, I have discussed the concept of Imamat and Piratan extensively.

Thus, I do not bear any ill will to the Khoja Ginanic tradition or its concepts.

All I am saying is that it will be much easier for someone to understanding the terminology and symbolism in the Ginans and Khoja traditions if one first studies the Fatimid and Persian traditions.

One example - the concept of Piratan is discussed in Fatimid and Persian Ismailism as the concept of Hujjah (Bab) - and while the Ginans employ alot of allegorical symbolism (which can be hard to understand in the modern day), the Fatimid discourse is more philosophical and is articulated in a more precise rational language.

What the Ginans call Nur of 'Ali and Nur of Muhammad, the Fatimid philosophers call the Universal Intellect and Universal Soul.

Therefore, a young Ismaili would find it easier to ground themselves in Fatimid/Persian Ismaili traditions before approaching the great tradition known as the Satpanth. This is all I am saying.

While Nasir Khusraw may not be a "Pir" - the supreme Hujjah of the Imam - he held the rank of a lower Hujjah - of which there are 24 such individuals in any era - and this is the rank below that of Pir.

Something to add to your interpretation of Imamat/Prophethood:

While Abu Talib was the Permanent Imam and 'Ali succeeed him, Prophet Muhammad, in addition to Pir, was also the Entrusted Imam - that is he held the authority of Imamat in trust until he returned the deposit to the Permanent Imam - Hazrat 'Ali. This is why even during the lifetime of Abu Talib and 'Ali, Prophet Muhammad commanded direct authority and leadership over the community.

Surah Maida states:

"O Apostle - Deliver to the People, what has been REVEALED to the from thy Lord."

It doesn't say appoint - but rather REVEAL.

Shams
kmaherali

Re: One Ismailism not Two

Post by kmaherali »

samirnoorali wrote:Dear kandani:

Kandani, Ali was definitely the Imam of the time, but Mohammad was also the Pir of the time. These two entities are part of the same Noor, but they split. Why did they split? It is a phenomenon much like having two parents instead of one. The point is that they split and have continued in that manner up to the present time. Mohammad was not the last Prophet in general, but the last Prophet of revelation. The first two being Moses and Jesus (exclude David for now).
In my opinion, the Noor did not split rather more than one person was the recognized Bearer of the Noor. The Noor is one, it is a matter of how many have access to it. The Pir is born with the innate capacity for access whereas as others have to elevate themselves in order to access it. As MSMS has stated in his Farmans any person can elevate himself/herself to the spiritual state of the Pirs although they may not function as such.

The Imam is the Bearer of the Essence. Because the Essence is the highest ontological state from which the Noor emanates, the Imam is also the Bearer of the Noor. Hence he is called the Gurnar or Shahpir. The Imam is always the object of worship on the one hand and the Guide of his murids on the other. Sometimes he delegates the latter role to another Ahl al-Bayt and hence the Noor is 'split'.

Also we have to keep in mind that there is the Zaheri aspect of our history and the Batini aspect. The former is the one we use to articulate our history to the Other. The latter is internal to the Jamat. Our constitution which can be considered as a Zaheri document accessible to everybody articulates the former view in which Hazarat Ali inherited his role from the Prophet:

(B) In accordance with Shia doctrine, tradition, and interpretation of history, the Holy Prophet (S.A.S.) designated and appointed his cousin and son-in-law Hazrat Mawlana Ali Amiru-l-Mu'minin (Alayhi-s-salam), to be the first Imam to continue the Ta'wil and Ta'lim of Allah's final message and to guide the murids, and proclaimed that the Imamat should continue by heredity through Hazrat Mawlana Ali (A.S.) and his daughter Hazrat Bibi Fatimat-az-Zahra, Khatun-i-Jannat Alayha-s-salam).
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

Surah Maida states:
"O Apostle - Deliver to the People, what has been REVEALED to the from thy Lord." It doesn't say appoint - but rather REVEAL. ...Shams

Shams,

First and foremost this ayah today can be found in Sura Ma'ida but in actuality it does not belong to this Sura ! it is one of those last ayahs revealed to the muslims....to give you one simple example, if Allah had perfected Islam as early as Sura Ma'ida then what was the need for him to then send some 109 additional suras ? the narrators and the scribes have messed up the Texts ....so you tell us "what was revealed" to the prophet and which he was told to deliver ? deliver what Message to the people? what was this message which the Prophet had already been given but had not, for whatever reason,not delivered and which placed his own "Naboowat" at stake when Allah says to him .."and if you would not o so then YOU have NOT delivered HIS Message..." do you sense the grave tone here?

Now this was the Message and which the Prophet had already received before and that is why the Allah only says deliver but does not say what?

HADITH : YAWM AL DAR (THE DAY OF THE HOME) - SOME KNOW THIS AS THE "FEAST OF THE FAMILY" !

Three years after beginning his mission the Prophet was COMMANDED by Allah to PROCLAIM openly his call and this came with the verse " And warn thy tribe of near kindred" (Sura al Shu'ara)

So the Holy Prophet SAW invited all the chiefs of Banu Hashim and said to them:.." I have brought for you the best of this world and the next. God has commanded me to invite you to this religion of Islam.

Which of you will help me establish this religion, to be my BROTHER and SUCCESSOR ?

The Prophet repeated this same question Three times and each time it was ONLY Hazrat Ali ALONE who stepped forward, declaring his readiness to help the Prophet.

Then the Prophet said to his tribe of near kindred..."Truly this (Ali is my brother, my heir and my successor amongst you.."

Now this was the message which he was also then supposed to Proclaim publicly but had not done so, for whatever reason and so nearing his time and after the final pilgrimage, he received the ayah..." deliver to the PEOPLE what has been revealed to you from YOUR Lord......" and so the Prophet stopped his caravan at a place that had neither water nor pasture and in the middle of an extremely hot day - in intense heat so much so that people had to cover their heads with their cloaks - this showed the urgency of the matter as it affected the destiny of the Umma and indeed for what could be more urgent and crucial than this issue of determining his successor and it was an issue that had it been properly resolved, today the Umma would not have been so divided and/or fragmented.

The Prophet expressed Ali's status of Wilaya - that Ali was being made the Mowla of the Muslims and the Prophet spoke of THREE principles namely TAWHID, PROPHECY and the AFTER LIFE and he actually elicited from the muslims a confession and also an acknowledgement - he told them that the Message he was about to deliver was of a momentous nature and not trivial..."God is my Mowla and I amd the Mowla of the believers and I am closer to them than they are to their ownselves..."

"Ali is the Mowla of those whose Mowla I am " !

So those who betrayed the prophet after his death abandoned the Prophet and if you now read Hadith al Manzila ; Hadith al Safina and Hadith Aman ul Umma, the status of those who are in dispute with Ali and his rightful descendants have been classified by the Prophet (not me) by their own Prophet as "Minnions of Satan" and thus according to the above ahadith these self righteous and pious "good" muslims have moved away from the "Refuge" that Allah has favoured..."the PATH OF THOSE UPON WHOM THOU HAS BESTOWED FAVOURS" and so now they are facing a tenebrous phenomena, delusion and confusion and one reason there is so much turbulence today and killings and hatred - all in the name of God ! makes one wonder !

"O ! Ali your rank (manzila0 in relation to me is that of Aaron in relation to Moses (except that of Prophethood) and so Ali was the caliph and the wazir and the Imam ! Read hadith al Thaqalyn !
From_Alamut

Re: Ali Allah

Post by From_Alamut »

Ahmed Bin Hambal, one of the four Sunni schools of jurisprudence, has mentioned this incident in his well known book "MASNADUL KABEER" He quotes Barra bin Azib one of the `As-haab` of the Prophet saying, "We were in the company of the Prophet when he halted at the `GHADEER KHUM` and led the congregational prayer. After finishing the prayer the Prophet took the hand of ALI and raised it up saying, " Am I not dearer to the Momins than their own-souls?" They said "Yes" Again he said, "Whomever's master (mawla) I am, this Ali is also his master (Man kuntu mawlahu fa hadha Aliyun mawlahu). O God, love those who love Ali and hate those who hate Ali." After hearing this, Omar-Bin-Khattab went up to Ali and said, "Congraulations to you, O`the son of Abu Talib, you have become the Master of every male and female `Momin`."
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

WHAT HAPPENED AT GHADIR-E-KHUMM?

Tabarani and others have recorded the following tradition as related by Zayd ibn 'Arqam and transmitted through sources unanimously acknowledged to be reliable.

Zayd says that the Messenger of Allah, Allah's blessings and peace be upon him and his posterity, delivered a sermon at Ghadir-e-Khumm under a cloth spread as a canopy on two large trees. He said:

"O my people! I am going to be recalled shortly and I must comply.

I shall be interrogated and you also shall be interrogated. What will you say then?"

The entire audience answered: "We shall bear witness that you did convey to us the message of Allah, and tried your best to guide us on the right path and always gave us good console.

May Allah bless you with a good reward." The Prophet proceeded: "Why do you not bear witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, and that Paradise is true, Hell is true, Death is true, Resurrection after death is true, that the Day of Judgment will doubtlessly come and that Allah will raise to life the dead from their graves?."

They said: "O Yes! We bear witness to all this." Then he said: "O Allah! You also may witness." Then he said: 'O my people! Allah is my Mawla and I am mawla of the faithful and I have superior right on and control over their lives. And this Ali is the mawla of all those of whom I am mawla.

O Allah! Love him who loves him and hate him who hates him." He further said: "O my people! I will precede you and you also shall arrive at the pool of Kawthar, the pool wider than the distance between Basrah and San'a', and there are on the pool as many goblets of silver as stars.

When you shall reach me I shall interrogate you about your behavior towards the two in-valuable assets after my death.

The major asset is the Book of Allah, the Mighty and Glorious, one end of which is in the hand of Allah, the Exalted, and the other end of which in your hands. Grasp it tightly and do not go astray and do not change or amend it.

The other asset is my Progeny, who are my Ahl al-Bayt.

Allah the Gracious and Omniscient has informed me that the two will not part from each other before they reach me at the pool.

WHEN & IN FRONT OF HOW MANY MUSLIMS?

This Ghadir-e-Khumm event happened on the 18th of Dhil-Hijjah (1410 AH), in 10 Hijra in front of nearly one hundred thousand (100,000) Muslims.

While returning from the last hajj (Hajjatul-wida / farewell pilgrimage) of our Holy Prophet (S.A.W.).

CONTEXTS

A). QURANIC EXEGESIS (Tafsir):

O Messenger! Deliver what has been revealed to you from your Lord; and if you do it not, then you have not delivered His message, and Allah will protect you from the people; (AL-MAEDA/5:67)

This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion; (AL-MAEDA/5:3)

One demanding, demanded the chastisement which must befall, The unbelievers there is none to avert it, From Allah, the Lord of the ways of Ascent.(AL-MAARIJ/70:1-3)

B). PROPHETIC TRADITION (Hadith):
Imam Ahmad has recorded the tradition related by Bara' ibn 'Azib in his Musnad, vol.4, p. 281, transmitted through two different sources. Bara' says:

"We were with the Messenger of Allah. We alighted at Ghadir-e-Khumm. Congregational prayer was in order. An area under two trees was swept and cleaned for the Messenger of Allah, Allah's blessings and peace be upon him and his posterity.

He offered midday prayers and he grasped the hand of 'Ali and said: 'Do you not know that I have superior authority over the lives of the faithful than the faithful themselves?' 'Yes you have,' they replied.

He again inquired: 'Do you not know that I have superior right to the life of every believer than the believer himself?'

'Surely, you have,' they answered. Then he grasped the hand of 'Ali and said: 'Ali is the mawla of all those of whom I am mawla. O Allah! Love him who loves him and hate him who hates him.'"

Bara' ibn 'Azib says: "Then 'Umar came to 'Ali and said: 'Congratulations to you the son of Abu Talib. You have become the mawla (master) of all the faithful men and women.'"C).

HISTORICAL REPORTS (Tarikh):
Here we will just mention one instance which took place in Kufa during the khilafah of Imam Ali (A.S.), 25 years after the Prophet's death.

When at Ali's insistence a large number of people gathered in the plain of Rahbah in Kufah, he addressed them saying: "I administer an oath in the name of Allah to all such Muslims as heard the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) making a proclamation on the day of Ghadir-e-Khumm, to stand up and testify what they heard him say. Only those who saw the Holy Prophet that day with their own eyes and heard the proclamation with their own ears should stand up."

Thereupon, thirty companions of the Holy Prophet(S.A.W), including twelve of those who had participated in the battle of Badr, stood up and witnessed that the Holy Prophet(S.A.W) grasped his (Ali's) hand and said to the audience: "Do you know that I have a prior right to and superior authority over the souls (i.e., lives) of the faithful than the faithful themselves?" "O yes!" they said. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) then said: "He (Ali) is the mawla (i.e., has prior right to and superior authority over the lives) of all those of whom I am mawla. O Allah, love him who loves him (Ali) and hate him who hates him."

It is logically impossible that thirty companions might have secretly agreed to speak a unanimous lie.

In addition to the thirty witnesses there were other male companions whom enmity with Ali prevented from standing up and giving their evidence as eye-witnesses, like Anas ibn Malik.

When Ali (A.S.) said to Anas: "Why do you not stand up and testify what you heard from the messenger of Allah on the day of Ghadir?" he answered, "O Amir al-Momineen! I have grown old and do not remember."

Thereupon Ali said: "May Allah mark you with a white spot (of leprosy) unconcealable with your turban, if you are intentionally withholding the truth."

And before Anas got up from his place he bore a large white spot on his face.

Thereafter, Anas used to say: "I am under the curse of a righteous slave of Allah.

Also bear in mind that this incident took place 25 years after the event of Ghadir Khum, and during this period hundreds of eyewitnesses had died naturally or in the battles fought during the first two khulafah's rule.

Add to this the fact that this incident took place in Kufa which was far from the centre of the sahabas, Medina.

This incident which took place in Kufa in the year 35 A.H. has itself been narrated by four sahaba and 14 tabi'un and has been recorded in most books of history and tradition.

05. AUTHENTICITY

A). Consecutively naratted (Mutawatir)
B). Numerous Sahih versions
C). Dedicated treatisis by 26 authors (Most of them are sunnies)

06. NARRATORS

A). 110 companions of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)B).
84 Successors (Tabiun)C).

Over 360 scholars to the present day (Most of them are sunnies)

1: Abaqat al-Anwar a book written in Persian by Allama Mir Hamid Husayn al-Musawi (d. 1304 AH) of India.

Allama Mir Hamid Husayn has devoted two bulky volumes (consisting of about 1,080 pages) on the isnad, tawatur and meaning of the hadith of Ghadir.

2: Al-Ghadir in 11 volumes in Arabic by Allama Abdul Husayn al-Amini where he gives with full references the names of 110 sahaba of the Prophet and also 84 tabi'un (disciples of the sahaba) who have narrated the hadith of Ghadir. He has also chronologically given the names of the historians, traditionists, exegesis's and poets who have mentioned the hadith of Ghadir from the first until the fourteenth Islamic century.
From_Alamut

Re: Ali Allah

Post by From_Alamut »

I have never heard of any emperors or kings in the history of mankind who have passed down his kingdom and power to his friends instead to pass it to his sons or family.
Of course, no kings or emperors shall do that, because their family is their successor and a real helper who will always stand by them..

Think of Prophet Mohammad (asa) as a king, do you think he will make his friend as his successor by giving his power and kingdom to them, "NO"
That doesn't make any sense.

Prophet Mohammad (asa) real successor was Hazrat Mowla Ali(as), who was his son in law and brother. All Muslims were aware of this fact on that time, but for the sake of power and satan's position, everyone reject the truth and accept falsehood.....

Prophet Mohammad (asa) said in GHADIR-E-KHUMM
"Whomever's master (mawla) I am, this Ali is also his master (Man kuntu mawlahu fa hadha Aliyun mawlahu). O God, love those who love Ali and hate those who hate Ali."

Now our Sunni brothers claim that the word of Mawla means friend that in order to reject the Wasiya of Hazrat Mowlana Ali(as)......
!!!!!What friend??... So, are they trying to say that Prophet Mohammad is their FRIEND and not PROPHET..."Man kuntu mawlahu fa hadha Aliyun mawlahu"
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

If "Mowla" means friend then the question I would certainly ask is when was Ali an enemy, to begin with?

Wasn't he always by the side of the Holy Prophet? and the first line of defence for Islam?

The Prophet by bringing forth a new religious dispensation, effected a profound transformation in the world....it is inconceivable that he would establish a religion such as Islam that is expected to last until the end of time and then fail to provide clear guidance as to how the leadership, after his death, was to be determined?

Again it is on record that the Prophet never even witheld his guidance over minor issues, so why would he show neglect over such a crucial matter as the leadership of Islamic society.

Why would the Prophet SAW leave the muslims to their own devices !

The Prophet's own wisdom must have led him to offer guidance on the principle of leadership...if one closely examines the life of the Prophet, it will be found that he had indicated that leadership was to be based on "tansis" (designation that is explicit) and not election by the people. The ahadith speaks on this subject too and the Prophet provided no grounds for schism to occur.

In general even during the period of caliphate, the caliphs themselves referred to Ali (As) issues pertaining to religious dispensation as they considered him " the source of authoritative knowledge" and so disputes over religious matters were resolved by recourse to Ali (As) and actually from the time this happened, a spirit of sectaranism set in and many groups with different names crystallized, one after the other.

There is considerable evidence to show that the meaning of Mowla is authority and leadership - not friend as Ali was always the friend of Islam and he killed many enemies of islam....Ali had proved throughout his life his devotion for islam - he had transformed the hopes of the enemies into despair.
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

Idd-e-Gaddir M u b a r a k

"Mawla Ali has said: " Ana ayatullahi wa aminullah, i.e. I am Allah's signs and I am the trustworthy of Allah." (Kawkab, p.208). Ayat in the sense of the signs of Divine power or miracles, are in four places: (i) The higher world, (ii) the wise Quran, (iii) the external universe and (iv) the personal world, but according to the Quran (36:12) all these ayat (signs) are encompassed in the light of the Imam-i Mubin. That is, his light is the higher world, he is the speaking Quran, the quintessence of the universe and a luminious personal world in true sense." [Source: Tawil 10: A Thousand Wisdoms]
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

Mawaddat al-Qurba Tradition

Based on the consensus of the exegesists ("Jam`a al-Bayan" Tabari 16/25, 17; "Hilyat al-Awlia" 251/3; "Al-Mustadrak" 172/3; "Usd al-Ghabah" 367/5; "Al-Sawa'iq al-Muharaqah" 101), the following verse has been revealed about the members of the Household of the Holy Prophet (s):

"...Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives ..." (42:23)

The term "Al-Qurba" in this verse, based on the traditions narrated from the Holy Prophet (s), embraces only `Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn and no one else.

The tradition from Ibn `Abbas' has it that when the "mawaddat al-qurba" verse was revealed, the Prophet (s) was asked:

"O messenger, who are your near relatives who should be loved?" He stated: "`Ali, Fatimah, and their sons."

This tradition has been narrated by Muhib Tabari in "Zakhair al-`Uqba" 25/1; Ibn Hanbal in "Manaqib" 110; Mo'min Shabilenji "Nural-Absar" 101; and Zamakhshari in "Kashshaf" as annotation to the said verse.

In the "Tafsir al-Kabir", Fakhr Razi has related the said narration from "Kashshaf" and has said that based on this verse, `Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn should be revered and sanctified.

He has also cited lines of verse from the Shafii' Imam, Muhammad bin Idris Shafii' (d 240 A.H.) in this regard. A line of it is as follows:

"If love for the members of the Household of the Holy Prophet is heresy, then the world should stand witness that I am a heretic."

4. Safinah Tradition
The virtues of the "ahl al-bayt" have been amply mentioned in the authenticated and Tawatur traditions narratted by both Shia and Sunni `Ulama.

Using different words and phrases, these traditions have asked people to love the "ahl al-bayt" and follow thier teachings.

For instance, the Holy Prophet (s) has compared his "ahl al-bayt" to Noah's ark.

Whoever loves and follows them will attain salvation and whoever violates their sanctity will drown.

The servant of the Holy Prophet (s), Anas bin Malik (d 93 A.H.), has been related as quoting the Prophet (s) as saying:

"The example of the members of my Household among you is like the example of Noah's ark. Whoever boards it will attain salvation and whoever does not board it will drown."

This tradition has been narrated by Hakim Nishaburi in "Al-Mustadrak" 343/2; Khatib in "Tarikh Baghdad" 91/12; and other great recorders of traditions ("al-Ghadir" 300/2-301). In this regard, Imam Shafii' has said the following:

"When I saw different schools of thought directing people toward the seas of ignorance and deviation, I boarded the ark of salvation in the Name of Allah. This arc is verily crystallized in the "ahl al-bayt" of the Seal of the Prophets, Mustafa (s)."

Among very famous traditions in which the "ahl al-bayt" have been resembled to the ark of salvation, reference can be made to the famous "Ishbah tradition" which has been narrated from the Holy Prophet (s) by Abu Hurayrah `Abdul-Rahman bin Sakhar (d 59 A.H.).

"When Almighty Allah created Adam, the father of mankind, and breathed His spirit into him, Adam looked to the right hand side of the empyrean.

There he saw five figures in the form of silhouettes engaged in prostration and genuflection. He asked: "God, have you created any one from the dust before me?" God replied: "No." Adam said, "So who are these five figures which I see resembling my own shape and form?"

God answered, "These are five of your offspring. If it were not for them, I would have not created you.

They are five people whose names are derived from My Own.

If it were not for them, I would have not created paradise or hell, the heavens and the earth, the skies and the lands, the angels, the human beings and the jinn.

I am "Mahmud" and this Muhammad. I am "Aala" and this is `Ali. I am "Fatir" and this is Fatimah, I am "Ihsan" and this is Hasan. I am "Muhsin" and this is Husayn.

By My Glory, whoever bears even an atom's weight of grudge against them will be cast into hell.

O Adam! They are My chosen ones. For them, I will save or cast others to perdition.

If you want anything from me, you should resort to these five people."

The Holy Prophet (s) said: "We serve as the ark of salvation. Whoever holds fast to this ark will reach salvation and whoever deviates from it will be cast into perdition.

Whoever wants Allah to grant him something should resort to the `ahl al-bayt'."

This tradition has been narrated by Shaykh al-Islam Hamu'i in the first chapter of "Fara'id al-Samtayn" and Khatib Khwarazmi in "Manaqib" 252 (c.f. "al-Ghadir" 300/2).

The Ashbah tradition has been narrated by `Allamah Amini in another part of the al-Ghadir" (301/7) quoting Abul-Fath Muhammad bin `Ali al-Natanzi in "Alfaz".
Biryani

Post by Biryani »

NOOR EN ALLAH NOOR…

Thank you Ismaili.net and prince_visram for providing that great material and the link here.
RahmatHajikuttch

Post by RahmatHajikuttch »

<P>My Dear friends,</P><P>Ya Ali Madad to every o&shy;ne,</P><P><BR></P><P>Ali ibn Abu Talib is not Allah, Ali u Ala is true Allah.</P><P><BR></P>
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

I am of a firm belief that there definately is someone at all times who posseses the great spiritual and divine power that Allah has granted Him and there will be zuhur of Imam at the appropriate time as Allah deems fit and that will be before the day of qiyamah.

All the infinite, spiritual and divine power is already present in this world...Allah perpetually manifests Himself...."whichever way ye turn ye will see HIS countenance.."

The only reason why we aren't able to realize the divine and spiritual power which we already have been favoured with by Allah, is because we aren't really looking..or we are pursuing conjectures and half truths and have thus fallen into misguidance...."And WE have sent you a Manifest Light..." - some have tried to fool themselves by saying that this implies the Book....and I have shown them from the quran that Allah makes clear distinctions between HIs Light and HIS perspicous Book..."And WE have sent you a (new) Light and a Perscpicious Book..." which means the Book was existing yet some created their own texts..why?

In Ehtijaj-e-Tabrasi, which is among the most reliable books of the Shias a saying of the ninth Imam, Mohammad bin Ali bin Musa, has been reproduced which says about the Last Imam that:

“One of the unique things about him (Imam Mahdi) will be that his birth will take place secretly and people will not know about it ...

From the four corners of the world three hundred and thirteen companions will gather round him, exactly equal to the number of Muslims who fought in the Battle of Badr.

When 313 earnest and devoted persons will collect round him, God will reveal the Imam i.e., he will come out of the cave and begin his mission.

It is significant that the appearance of the Absent Imam having not taken place as yet can also mean that in the light of the saying of Imam Mohammad bin Ali bin Musa, during all these eleven hundred and fifty years since 260 A.H., 313 truthful and sincere Shias have not been available who could stand up for their Absent Imam, otherwise he would have, surely, emerged from the cave and saved all of us from the "Dajjal....or should we make any other assumption?.... It is worth asking whether Shia leaders and theologians also, hold the same view or not ?....

Maybe these Khoja dissidents who visit "Imam" Maherally should shed some light for us....

ALIYULLAH is absolutely correct !...Maherally claims it is shirk....he can't even differentiate between the top and the bottom of the quran itself...and lacks the competency to even dialogue on the subject of TAWHID....

"Ali is from Allah" ! we all are from HIM too....anyone who says he or she is not from Allah, must then be from the loins of Iblis....
haroon_adel

Post by haroon_adel »

znanwalla wrote:I am of a firm belief that there definately is someone at all times who posseses the great spiritual and divine power that Allah has granted Him and there will be zuhur of Imam at the appropriate time as Allah deems fit and that will be before the day of qiyamah.

All the infinite, spiritual and divine power is already present in this world...Allah perpetually manifests Himself...."whichever way ye turn ye will see HIS countenance.."

The only reason why we aren't able to realize the divine and spiritual power which we already have been favoured with by Allah, is because we aren't really looking..or we are pursuing conjectures and half truths and have thus fallen into misguidance...."And WE have sent you a Manifest Light..." - some have tried to fool themselves by saying that this implies the Book....and I have shown them from the quran that Allah makes clear distinctions between HIs Light and HIS perspicous Book..."And WE have sent you a (new) Light and a Perscpicious Book..." which means the Book was existing yet some created their own texts..why?

In Ehtijaj-e-Tabrasi, which is among the most reliable books of the Shias a saying of the ninth Imam, Mohammad bin Ali bin Musa, has been reproduced which says about the Last Imam that:

“One of the unique things about him (Imam Mahdi) will be that his birth will take place secretly and people will not know about it ...

From the four corners of the world three hundred and thirteen companions will gather round him, exactly equal to the number of Muslims who fought in the Battle of Badr.

When 313 earnest and devoted persons will collect round him, God will reveal the Imam i.e., he will come out of the cave and begin his mission.

It is significant that the appearance of the Absent Imam having not taken place as yet can also mean that in the light of the saying of Imam Mohammad bin Ali bin Musa, during all these eleven hundred and fifty years since 260 A.H., 313 truthful and sincere Shias have not been available who could stand up for their Absent Imam, otherwise he would have, surely, emerged from the cave and saved all of us from the "Dajjal....or should we make any other assumption?.... It is worth asking whether Shia leaders and theologians also, hold the same view or not ?....

Maybe these Khoja dissidents who visit "Imam" Maherally should shed some light for us....

ALIYULLAH is absolutely correct !...Maherally claims it is shirk....he can't even differentiate between the top and the bottom of the quran itself...and lacks the competency to even dialogue on the subject of TAWHID....

"Ali is from Allah" ! we all are from HIM too....anyone who says he or she is not from Allah, must then be from the loins of Iblis....
znanwalla,

I've liked your explanation about different subjects. I would like to ask you something other than the topic of this thread; I hope you want to take a few minutes to answer it according to your/Ismailis' belief.

- Can you explain the 'batini' meaning of Qiamat? How is our belief arround this subject? Where our soul would go from here, after death? Does Qiamat arrive for the entire world? or for each individual?